[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone seen The Handmaid's Tale? The show is obviously

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Has anyone seen The Handmaid's Tale? The show is obviously intended for lefties and runs off fears of white anglo-saxon protestant males being the bogeyman, right wing Christian extremism in general, and of course patriarchy shit.

However, it inadvertently paints a picture of a glorious and necessary future where white males take control of the world for the sake of saving it, and install an authoritarian theocracy that promotes white demographics and traditional Christian values.
>>
File: 80783224.jpg (62KB, 958x1439px) Image search: [Google]
80783224.jpg
62KB, 958x1439px
They caught me. All I want to do is oppress and rape women, kill the homos and hang them from the streets, and play scrabble with my victims.
>>
>>129097239
>and rape women

Woah now, rape is illegal in the community. Remember in the first or second episode they kill that guy for rape. Being a handmaid =/= rape.

They turn sluts into people, even race-traitor sluts, and moreover into people with a purpose that contribute to the survival of humankind and pleasing God.

Handmaids aren't victims.
>>
>>129094820
It basically shows how Muslims want women to be treated
>>
>>129099688
And it's hilarious that the leftists don't see that because of "muh christianity" "muh ebil white malez".
>>
Most tv shows are produced by white people, and there are tons of white actors looking for work, so producers generally gravitate toward implicitly white themes and plots.
>>
>>129099688
A broken clock and all that.
>>
>>129094820
is it popular? It is good to have these kinds of things in the zeitgeist because it allows more people into the conversation. Just like every forced meme of the left backfires on them.
But TBQH there are plenty of novels about the awfulness of the "evil" puritans. The history is so long and diverse that there are schools of thought that have arisen to counter this. But those counters were also semi-religious and pre-marx, that is why no one gives a fuck about them. But they should been known by everyone because debates like this are never ending.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Williams
>>
>>129094820
The extremely low birth rate, kind of distort the dystopia.
Its difficult to imagine that the majority of the population of a country would become infertile, and the country would go on as usual.
The "alternative government" have emerged in a very specific environment.

Imagine that 90% of the population in your country would become blind. would you imagine that the country would just go on as usual, nothing had changed.. No, the country and the policies in that country will undergo some extreme shifts.
>>
>>129103283
My kind example of the "90% blind". Was that no matter how you put it, it would become a dystopia.
If a cult take over a dystopia, and it is still a dystopia - although slightly better. then it would still be worse from our point of view.
>>
>>129103638
>then it would still be worse from our point of view.

Speak for yourself, that timelime is a dream compared to ours.
>>
>>129099688

Book was made because Iranian's Islamic Revolution gave the author that idea
>>
>>129106290

Really?
>>
>>129094820
>White demographics
>trad Christian values
Choose one. white nationalist Christians are only few LARPers on 4chan
>>
>>129109263

Hello rare flag
>>
>>129109879
Bye newfag
>>
>>129094820

The only remotely realistic scenario where America is a Christian theocracy was a fan-made rewrite of Turtledove's Southern Victory series where America loses WW1, Gordon McSweeney becomes president, and Holocausts the Mormons.
>>
>>129094820
My girlfriend was telling me about this. Immediately told her that I could guarantee a jew wrote the book and directed / produced the show. Bullseye on both parts.

She's starting to come around.
>>
>>129100990
>Most tv shows are produced by white people

Wut
>>
File: flying-nun.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
flying-nun.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>129094820
This one is way better.
>>
File: 1496444037760.gif (37KB, 210x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496444037760.gif
37KB, 210x209px
>>129100990
>Produced by ((white)) people
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.