[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seriously heavily doubting my entire worldview again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1481492673257.png (168KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1481492673257.png
168KB, 657x527px
I'm seriously heavily doubting my entire worldview again
I'm a bit of a new christian, and I've only now started to enter the christian "life", going to Church, reading the bible, doing missionary work, getting married etc.
What if this is all just a waste of time? How do I know I'm not just missing out on all the awesome experiences by constraining myself to a Christian lifestyle? How do I know that the Bible actually is the word of God? Is it even possible to strengthen my faith?
I don't know what to do anymore, I'm feeling seriously disillusioned.
>>
File: IMG_3018.jpg (1MB, 2288x2282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3018.jpg
1MB, 2288x2282px
There is no eternity in which the human mind can find eternal peace and happiness
>>
>>129091643
better to pick a road and walk it than hesitate 4ever like a bitch
>>
File: 1496766461135.jpg (893KB, 1500x2057px) Image search: [Google]
1496766461135.jpg
893KB, 1500x2057px
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

That has all the evidence you need of all sorts. Just go through them one by one, I encourage that you do a bible study especially at a Catholic Church, they are not as likely to shove wierd doctrines and libralism, since it's not allowed by their bosses. Also go to a niec Catholic Church even if you don't agree with Catholic Doctrine you would enjoy talking to them since Catholics enjoy having a fun time and drinking and have festivals and traditions but they also are good at discipline. They also have a father to listen to your troubles of sin. They wont be surpised they've heard all kinds of things. Keep going to pol and catch any Christian threads and go to Catholic generals (always on sunday afternoons)
>>
>>129091643
I recommend you the Urantia book. Begin reading the life of Christ.
>>
File: 1483663710019.png (381KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
1483663710019.png
381KB, 1380x511px
Also when it comes to missionary work, itll just happen and youd look back and think "it was just meant to be" but in a way you always desparately wanted. Don't do missionary work unless you feel truly compeled and it's something that you think you would love to do. When it comes to marriage, Paul said it best, if you can then go get marriedbut there is nothing wrong with staying unmarried. These days we need married whites having children so if you are able to find a wife who has proven her loyalty is second to none then do it, there are always exceptions but expect that sort of thing to come as a miracle from God these days.
>>
>>129092631
Can I go to a Catholic church even if I don't agree with some of their most basic doctrines like worked based salvation? Or veneration of Mary?
>>
Also the Catholic Church has a shortage of priests if you want to be celibate in a way that people benefit that would be the way to do it. We are out of men to confess to our sins.
>>
>>129093518
It's fine just go and don't complain. But I will be honest there are church fathers that did hold to sola fide but they taught their laymen not to teach it to the newcomers to the church otherwise they would run with it so they had to be put under the law first. If you want to recieve ti then do so.
>>
>>129092578
what if the road leads me to being a miserable fucking loser
>>129093289
can i get a tl'dr of what it's about?
> there are church fathers that did hold to sola fide but they taught their laymen not to teach it to the newcomers to the church otherwise they would run with it
why would they teach that?
>>
>>129093990
>why would they teach that?
meant for you
>>
>>129091643

the big secret is no sane adult in the west actually believes their christianity to be factually accurate, they just support the morals so pretend its real to pass them on to their kids and keep the community together

that's why when you ask a westerner if they really believe their religion they will say something ambiguous like "well thats why its called faith :^)" or get super metaphysical and the only people who actually behave as if they legit believe their thousand year old sand cult is low IQ goat fuckers who actually do kill and die for their religion
>>
File: 1486964938617.jpg (80KB, 862x582px) Image search: [Google]
1486964938617.jpg
80KB, 862x582px
>>129094793
They taught the law to the normies because of various letters of the new testament, and because of just experience in mangement, even in buisiness. People normies will run with that doctrine and abuse the hell out of it. Unlike what lotsof Protestants think in Pleasantville there are a lot of bad people out there and a lot of fuckers that will take ANY excuse to commit various acts of degeneracy thinking they can get away with it. But they can't. God gave teh Jews the law first before giving grace it's for the same reasons. The Catholic church has had it's "sola Fide" people there are people for in it's 2000 years of existence that held to this doctrine big deal. YOu can join and be one of them if you really need to hold to that doctrine.
>>
>>129095454
thanks anon. i'll think about it.
>>
File: 1493694815250.png (184KB, 1794x547px) Image search: [Google]
1493694815250.png
184KB, 1794x547px
>>129096163
Your welcome
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.