[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come having a college degree doesn't mean shit these

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: aasLyaR.jpg (515KB, 715x1052px) Image search: [Google]
aasLyaR.jpg
515KB, 715x1052px
How come having a college degree doesn't mean shit these days?

What happened?
>>
>>128991186
Everybody got it in their heads that college was the way to a better future. We met the demand for higher education with a bunch of new schools, despite the fact that the actual density of qualified instructors didn't spike at the same rate.

The result is that a bachelor's degree is devalued, because now everyone has one and it doesn't necessarily mean much. Compounding the problem is the price of all of this. For some reason college now is far, far, far more expensive than it has been in the past, and the combination of this with the first issue is responsible for a surprising number of problems in our society.

But that's just my opinion.
>>
College doesn't guarantee that you'll be hireable, or even needed. It does help. University is dumb though, too lazy for that tedious faggotry. Get a skill or trade.
>>
>>128991186
This is a stupid meme

You still need a college degree for good jobs if you didn't go to a trade school or have no connections

The problem is highschoolers are misinformed and are tricked into picking useless courses
>>
>>128992389
This. Kids are taught to do what they like rather than what is useful and makes you hireable. Most people aren't interested in computers, engineering or math, so when a majority of the population goes to college they pick useless stuff.
>>
>>128991186
Getting a degree in a useless field is increasing. These degrees don't mean shit.

Go get a degree in STEM and score above the average GPA then tell me you can't get a job. Lazy fuckface
>>
It only means shit because people treat college like high school

If you go to college, you better be autistically dedicated to your degree path with internships, extracurriculars, and a 3.9+ GPA
>>
This is bullshit though. Maybe get a degree in something that isnt for mental midgets and you could have went somewhere.
>>
>>128992744
This. Be careful with what stem degree you pick. Some will get you an o.k. job (60k), some will not get you a job unless it's a grad degree.
>>
>>128991186
You will never know what could've been if you don't even try
>>
>>128991186
Kids prioritize a degree over work experience.

I have a degree along with years of experience, I've gotten every job I've ever interviewed for.
>>
>>128992744
You spelled STEAM wrong
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.