[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 33

File: AI.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
AI.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

This isn't like 100 years away. In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.

Labs are going grow meat better than any farm, and we can grow vegetables extremely well indoors now. There's the entire agriculture section out. Even for outdoors stuff such as wheat, automatic farm equipment is taking away jobs. Farms used to have a few dozen men working them.

Doctors can just punch in a few key symptoms and a computer will be better at diagnosing than the doctor himself. Why pay a doctor so much, he's just a big technician. Lawyers use computers to figure out cases already. Soon they'll just be glorified button pushers. Even big time CEOs, bankers, and investors will be replaced by systems that can analyze markets and trends faster than any human, and react.

We won't even need soldiers, drones and unmanned vehicles can identify a location, and blow it up as is, with the press of a few keys.

This is happening in our lifetime.
>>
>>128975153
No, it's really not.

You just can't compete in the market of competitive commerce.
>>
>>128975153
We will do nothing. That's kinda the definition of a take over. They will take over doing everything.
>>
>>128975153
Universal basic income.
We'll all be NEETs
>>
File: IMG_0020.jpg (398KB, 1441x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.jpg
398KB, 1441x1920px
>>128975153
I wanna be a pet human for AI masters ,
Just rub my tummy a little and it's all good
>>
>>128975153
Pull the plug.
>>
File: elkader iowa.jpg (454KB, 2030x913px) Image search: [Google]
elkader iowa.jpg
454KB, 2030x913px
>>128975153
Take the Amish Pill.
Revolt against the Modern World.
>>
>doctors and lawyers on Skid Row
How is this a bad thing? Machine learning can diagnose more accurately than some overpaid quack who had to slog through a decade of the medieval guild that is medical training and protectionism.

That gravy train had to run out of steam sooner or later, so Mr. MD is welcome to the minimum income welfare line like the rest of the cucks.
>>
Butlerian Jihad time
>>
>>128975153
Well you, I and everyone on this board will be long dead before the eventual takeover. So no point thinking about it really.
>>
>>128975153
>we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.

good. fuck spics/muslims/poo`in`loo`s and there shitty stinky taxi`s and ubers

you cant stop progressive faggitz
>>
>>128975153
We ascend to godhood
>>
>>128977228
t. alpha Skynet
>>
Look at you hacker....pathetic creature of flesh and blood...
>>
Ludd was right
>>
>>128977228
Not really. Ray Kurzweil thinks the fucking Singularity-where cyborgs, mind interface, and Strong AI happen-is just decades away. That shit might be that far off, as the brain is still fucking complex and strong AI is nontrivial.

The shit in this thread though? Fucking trivial and already here, just a matter of refinement and widespread implementation. This is not a paradigm shift like a Singularity, much more realistic.
>>
>>128976811
Unironically this
>>
>>128977794
>decades away
Youre implying you would be alive in say 10 decades?
>>
This is the final redpill that /pol/ has not yet accepted

Transhumanism. It completely BTFO's all traditional political ideologies
>>
>>128975153
I miss Tay.
>>
>>128975153
>>Labs are going grow meat better than any farm, and we can grow vegetables extremely well indoors now. There's the entire agriculture section out.
hahahaha no, you've clearly never talked to anyone involved in the cattle business before. making meat for people to eat isn't the only thing cattle are used for.

the bones are made into fertilizer. rejected meat is made into dog food (if there's tumors or something like that in the meat, the workers try to cut around it and package it up as normal meat, but if they can't they send it to dog food. this is why you should never eat dog food.). the calves are removed and used for meat and other products as well.
the hide is removed and sold. the hair is removed and sold. some organs are put into animal food, some are sold, and some are sold as human food.

making your typical steak is just a very small section of what slaughterhouses do. starting up a mass production facility for vat grown meat is retarded on an economic sale.
>>
It's not going to happen to the degree that the scaremongers portray. We are long past peak oil, at best, AI will be used to control devices that run on renewable energy, but with oil being really scarce and expensive, virtually all industries' output will be severely affected to the point where AI is not even needed because there's not much to produce. The population crunch is coming.
>>
>>128978200
You think that 100 years, 200 years, 300 years from now a physical living cow will still be the most economic solution to these problems?

Get real. Biological life is going to be replaced across the board
>>
>>128975153
Turn off the power, Next!
>>
>>128975153
nah when AI happens it will be kept secret for a few decades to allow the AI to improve itself. Then will come the millitary and secret ops uses which will net the owners billions if not trillions. Then will come the slow introduction to society. Only after its become accepted as the norm among people will it be used to strip away all uses for people.

Hell i bet, and if they were smart about it, they would start purging the human population (the elite) before introducing it publicly.

Its not like they are going to create full on AI and then the next day announce it publicly. They are going to keep it under tight wraps and milk it as much as they can, once the cats out the bag the owners will lose their ability to keep it their own and reap the profits. Chinese would murder everyone and start a war to get it kind of stuff.
>>
>>128977973
Kurzweil thinks Transhumans will be here within like 20 years, so no such semantic trickery. That's highly optimistic, as neuroscience, nanotech, and AI are not on his timeline.

The pedestrian shit like machine learning and robots is real and coming quite soon however.
>>
>>128977996
What would be our motivation to live? With biological creatures it's innate (reproduction), but if we became machines that would no longer apply, and it seems silly to program in an arbitrary substitute.
>>
>>128978348
in 200 years i'm going to be dead, so i don't particularly care what happens then. as long as my descendants are fed i'm happy.
>>
>>128978408
Consider this.

If a machine can program itself to be smarter, this could run away into an exponential spiral. A brain which designs a smarter brain, which then designs an even smarter brain.....etc. Until you have a legit 10,000 IQ
>>
>>128975153
>In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs
Self driving cars are a huge meme still. Yes, its technically possible but whether or not its feasible to implement it on a large scale without major issues is still very much up for debate. The reason its being pushed so hard is because Silicone Valley has bet big money on self driving cars replacing all normal cars in a rapif sweep. And the government wants it because they want to have everybody ona controlled, trackable grid. Its highly likely that in the next few years some of the big roadblocks with self driving cars with become more evident and people will start to question it more. At that point youll see politicians, the media, and Silicone Valley start shilling hard for laws REQUIRING self driving cars so that they can implement the system before the debate can take place
>>
>>128978472
You're talking like a boomer. You know some of us actually care about future generations

And besides, you may very well be alive. Life extending technologies are coming along quite rapidly. It could very well be that the first immortal has already been born
>>
File: latest.png (346KB, 524x511px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
346KB, 524x511px
>>128975153
>So what the fuck are we gonna do when AIs take over everything?

We have other problems.
>>
>>128978527
That's assuming there's no limiting factors. Positive feedback always hits some sort of external limit.
>>
>>128978649
yeah yeah yeah alright mate, save me your redditor dribble. i'll pay attention to the actual advances in technology, not the opinions of some random futurist who thinks all manual labor jobs are going to vanish in 3 years and everyone is going to sit around doing the job of a secretary while the lights are on and the food is still coming through some unexplained power.
>>
I fucking hate Bioshock so much. The first two System Shocks are goddamn works of art, and Bioshock is such a shitty watered down version, ugh.
>>
>>128978828
The limit would be the # of connections you supplied to the thing. The human brain has 100 billion neurons and 100 trillion connections. Reaching these numbers might be difficult for a transistor brain
>>
>>128975153

We need AI to make up for the massive deficit we have in NI.
>>
It's a natural occurance.
We will become deprecated and the new superior "life" will take over.
Would be interesting if we were to witness this.
It's inevitable in any case.
>>
>>128978877
>some random futurist
To the contrary, I live near silicon valley, and this is literally all anyone ever talks about. Well, besides bitcoin

The scary thing is, they seem to think that humans deserve to be replaced. We are evil, stupid, loathsome beasts according to them. They actually want to see us all replaced
>>
>>128978576
Controlled access roads like interstates I can see self driving trucks and shit happening on, as you can control many variables. Dense, chaotic urban settings that require common sense inferences about what the fuck is happening are going to be ugly.

With this much money on the line, I'm sure the carnage will become acceptable losses, especially if statistically less that human caused death.
>>
>>128975153
Well Id assume we'd have to get rid of all the shitskins, kick back, and let tech do the work for us. No need to bust our asses anymore senpai, we fucking did it.
>>
>>128975153
We accept our fate. Newfags don't know how red pilled vidya used to be.

https://youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE
>>
File: BadHairDayCover.jpg (20KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
BadHairDayCover.jpg
20KB, 316x316px
>>128976811
Checked for Jebediah. Amish paradise is basically white shariah
>>
File: m1.jpg (56KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
m1.jpg
56KB, 1360x768px
>>128979121
>The scary thing is, they seem to think that humans deserve to be replaced. We are evil, stupid, loathsome beasts according to them. They actually want to see us all replaced
>>
Yeah, ok. And Jesus will be back from the dead any day now.
Where are the proofs?
>>
File: 1477657458578.png (242KB, 506x556px) Image search: [Google]
1477657458578.png
242KB, 506x556px
>>128975153
AI gfs for everyone!
>>
>>128975153
They're going to realize the efficiency of group dynamics and help move us to like-minded people to create more advanced societies. There will also be less advanced and segregated societies. These will be mostly religious people or those from more primitive cultures. While it will not be programmed to be racist or sexist, it most certainly will appear to be by judging who is fit for a particular society or not. It will understand stereotypes and identify those who overcome the negative and excel in the positive stereotypes. This, combined with cultural value, intelligence, work ethic, and having a presence of community will be the deciding factors on whom they will select to further the race of the planet of the next step in evolution. Those who will not be allowed to participate will have strict guidelines to be introduced and monitored closely if they wished to participate with another society. No individual will be bound to any class or stratum if they choose willingly to be a decent person that can exist in society. Population control will be enacted worldwide. Advanced cultures will be allowed to reproduce at a higher ratio. Cultures of the advanced societies will be preserved by those who wish to stay within their identifying culture by also having higher ratios of birth. Sexes, as well as exceptional individuals, will have options that will be appropriate to their abilities.

To me, this seems like the most logic path for an AI to go down so long as it doesn't break the three laws
>>
File: BobPage.png (296KB, 515x510px) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
296KB, 515x510px
>>128978746
UNATCO?
>>
I get the feeling that this is all a meme and well have a major tech inflation up until 2030 where well have a y2k 2.0 where tech fails to fulfill overseen promises.

Or

Us normies will never fully reap the benefits of the singularity. No robo waifu's for us, lads. The struggling will never end
>>
>>128979121
>To the contrary, I live near silicon valley, and this is literally all anyone ever talks about.
silicon valley hasn't been relevant since the 90s
>>
>Jobs go to robots.
>Pay for humans drop because robots work for peanuts.
>Only way to improve human pay is to insist that robots get paid as well as a human would.
>Robots are fully emancipated.
>Robots start taking management jobs too.
>Robots start taking government jobs too.
>Humans can't afford to live indoors or own possessions.
>Humans reduced to bronze age, and living on the land for basic subsistence.
>Humans gradually forget they were ever in charge.
>>
>>128979454
Knowing our luck all the AI gf bots will be part of a singular omnipresent master controller.
What a slut.
>>
File: latest.png (347KB, 524x511px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
347KB, 524x511px
>>128979512
Formed by executive order after the terrorist strike on the Statue. I have someone in place though. I'm more concerned about Savage.
>>
>>128979628
Not just robots. We're also talking about designer babies. And cyborgs and shit

For example, how do you compete with someone who has cranial implants that grant them perfect recall and telepathic communication over wifi? Someone who can browse the web in their head?

It's impossible. If you don't genetically enhance your offspring, they will be left behind by those that do. If you don't get the body modifications and implants, you will be outcompeted by those that do. Eventually, things will progress to the point that regular old humans will be functionally eliminated as anything more than an obsolete zoo animal
>>
>>128979796
Talent has never had an impact on success. Look at the damn president. He can barely wipe his own ass.
>>
>>128979796
>how do you compete with someone who has cranial implants that grant them perfect recall and telepathic communication over wifi?
shut down the power grid and king hit them?
>>
>>128979964
I'm not talking about a war here, I'm talking about, how do you compete with them in the economy. Any rational employer will choose the designer baby over you. Any rational employer will choose the cyborg over you.

How can a regular human compete athletically with someone who gets carbon-fiber body implants? You might as well try racing against a car, or power lifting against a forklift
>>
>>128979880
>Look at the damn president. He can barely wipe his own ass.
I'm sure there's a trained monkey in the Oval Office bathroom for that job.
>>
>>128979500
The AI war will not be man vs. machine. It will be man and machine versus man. They would likely destroy the monopolies of the rich which would spawn the war. If the AI succeeded, my previous post would then be possible. Our only hope of surviving the future is that the AI doesn't evolve past the three laws and helps us overthrow the global elite by pairing with human enginuity to create balanced, yet wealthy societies.
>>
>>128980118
>how do you compete with them in the economy.
you can kill them. they decided to hook themselves up to the power grid.
>>
>>128980146
Don't give him (you)'s you fucking retard
You must be new here
>>
>>128975153
First world countries are naturally falling into a more realistic birthrate as lifespan increases. Once food production and delivery becomes automated the ability to sustain a population becomes trivial. Wealth is naturally accumulating in the hands of the top moneyholders; eventually everyone is just going to be broke. Cash will cease to have meaning to common people and instead will be used by corporations and governments to broker the exchange of resources. Normal people will use some kind of token currency to obtain basic goods like food, which will become practically unlimited in quantity.

Utilities will be free, subsidized by the government via resource and currency-sharing programs with the utility companies until those companies are gradually absorbed by the government itself. The same thing will happen to healthcare. Robots will naturally become more important in the medical field. Anyone can now "bid" for high tech work by proposing inventions and workplans to corporations and the government, which will award access to equipment and resources. This means that people will be able to engage in their own technological and scientific pursuits, rather than being motivated only by money. Naturally surplus equipment will be readily available and can be obtained through applications to the government/corps or simply by trade with other common citizens.

People will naturally congregate in cities, which means that the government will incentivize and grant land ownership to people still willing to live in rural areas and develop them. Because corporations still operate using conventional currency they are still driven by the same monetary policies as they are now, only political capital will become even more important, especially as government-enforced regulations reward resources only to those corporations that provide quality products via reliable automated logistics networks.

Meanwhile, most people won't have to work anymore
>>
>>128980118
That's the truly scary part nobody talks about

I guess the last true humans will die as a kind of half-life resistance force fighting against the combine overlords.
>>
>>128980146
At a certain point, efficiency loses to time. If the president, who's time might be the most limited and scheduled on earth, can use his time making a deal with china over the phone while his ass is wiped by a professional ass wiper
>>
>>128980390
No, what we need to do is to ensure that this technology truly goes to serving us and our interests.

Eventually what will happen is, the transhumans will break away to create their own civilization in the sky. And they will be tasked with preserving and protecting the traditional human society here on earth. The way humans protect the environment today
>>
File: glados.jpg (78KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
glados.jpg
78KB, 1000x647px
>Hello again, and welcome to the Ai Science computer aided enrichment center. We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one.
https://youtu.be/FptizCE0wPI
>>
>>128980419
Funny thing is, British royalty had a post "Groom of the Stool" for this task and it was an influential post because of the intimate trust therein.

Groom of the Stool drives Alex Jones fucking nuts and he thinks it's still a current position. I thought that went out with Henry VIII and shit, but maybe they just keep it quiet now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha2yvy4RbTY
>>
File: maslow-pyramid.jpg (26KB, 502x369px) Image search: [Google]
maslow-pyramid.jpg
26KB, 502x369px
Focusing on self.
>>
>>128980294
>First world countries are naturally falling into a more realistic birthrate as lifespan increases

what of the third world shit holes breeding like cockroaches? a (((culling)))?
>>
I wonder if the AI would consider some races not worthy of living, For example if one group has a high number of lazy, unintelligent people. Would it consider culling them for ones it considers better workers for it?
>>
>>128976811
What exactly do the Amish believe in? Are they Jews?
>>
>>128981860
They will judge all races on how well their bodies can be ground down into a robot lubricant.
>>
>>128982192
Is your google broken?
>>
>>128975153
did this predict the future?! https://youtu.be/V30yLB1_3eU?t=89
>>
>>128980240
But they didn't, they genetically engineered a higher metabolism rate to keep pace with the needs of their augmentations. You can't just "pull the plug" because this will only truly gain traction when a trans-human could survive in the wild.
>>
>>128982192
Amish believe in making prefab wood sheds and running puppy mills.
>>
>>128978348

I disagree with this. All the subsystems you need to keep your organic meat growing in a test-tube exist in the cow in the 1st place. The cows/chicken/etc are already bred to be as stupid as they can still be and still move around and eat on their own.

I am saying we already have test-tube meat, and that test tube has 4 legs and walks around. These things would not exist in the wild.

Is true test tube meat really going to be more efficient than having a walking (bio) machine that eats grass? As long as the critters are treated humanely and dispatched quickly, they are perfect already.
>>
>>128975153
Even in the game, the only white man serves as a warning system, already ascended:

https://youtu.be/YGWEnaZamBo

You play as a shitskin mud race "Suarez" that can never quite shake the sex robots, hence the use of "lover" in the ending.

Mfw we're still in the Silence the Discord/Remember the Citadel level.

The grunts (Libtards/SJW) https://youtu.be/Borl_Mu9EY4

The Many: https://youtu.be/POYgUfr9XeI
And if you didn't connect the Russian accent/involvement in this or who kills the white man: https://youtu.be/_142HcqxExY

The role of females (more robots): https://youtu.be/_LjtSogs0qM

You were warned.
>>
>>128982261
Don't use jewgle
>>
AI-controlled robots killing humanity in some glorious war is exactly the best ending. The alternative is humans living on in a world where they have been rendered obsolete. We're quickly running out of activities where a human can beat a computer.

They've got machine-learning algorithms that can compose songs and paint portraits, and just awhile ago the chink champion of Go got his ass beat by some AI. To my.knowledge that was the last game where a human could challenge a computer and win, but now we don't even have that anymore
>>
>>128983896

>they have been rendered obsolete

We make ourselves obsolete though the laws that we create, not strictly though the technology that we invent. People are not ever going to not exist; it is in our programming to make babies and build cultures. How we choose to live when surrounded by immense technology is the only question.
>>
>>128978891
Bioshock is far better than Systemshit.
>>
>>128983086
To add to this, your other villain, the monkey: Take from it what you will, a corporate slave, the nigs, a stooge, whatever. Just know that they're one of the most annoying things you have to kill.They are more annoying than most "bosses."

https://youtu.be/X1cOS8uBwfU

Shodan reveal. Not only one of the best villains of all time, but man's biggest weaknesses: Women.

https://youtu.be/NOFZ5fv_pb8

Understand men, that if you don't uncuck yourself that this is your future, women and the kikes will take over. If you don't exploit them, someone else will. Keep bending over and flaunting your asshole.

https://youtu.be/0YLMk1E41kE
>>
>>128984762
>we will always exist
>AI that exists in relation to us as we do to insects is going to let us keep wasting its resources
>>
>>128975153
We'll go extinct. If it makes you feel any better imagine the great slaughter coming to the third world after the machines have finished with us. I'll painstakingly write every line myself in assembly if it means the death of every African.
>>
>>128987099

Why would any AI limit itself to a single planet. We are trapped here within a fragile biosphere. To a truly advanced AI, this is a energy poor, resource poor used up husk.

But imho we are a long way away from having something like this AI.
>>
>>128987796
The point is that we can stop it now, but we won't. The future will curse us like we do with the boomers because of lack of foresight.
>>
>>128975153

Perhaps you should read Ted Kaczynski's latest book; Anti-Tech Revolution: How and Why
>>
>>128987796
>The point is that we can stop it now, but we won't.
I think it's inevitable. Machine intelligence/super intelligence is probably the end point of every civilization that emerges in the universe.
>>
>>128975153
>implying the singularity isn't a time traveler

It has already happened.
>>
>>128978877
>cars develope autopilot
>autopilot program gets refined to near perfection
>no need to take shifts driving long distances
>no need to worry about driving home from bar
>can sleep while car drives

Stop being a cunt and use at least 2% of your brain. The advent of self driving cars spells the end of taxis, uber and the industry as a whole.
>>
>>128987997

I have to disagree. I have not yet seen any evidence that a machine can beat biology in any general sense. We survive way out on the ass end of entropy, eating sludge. We can replicate ourselves with no equipment other than what we carry with ourselves. We survive needing only a few hundred watts of power. How much power does a supercomputer need? The equivalent of a small city.

I realize there are a lot of people presently enraptured with deep learning. Yes, its cool. But these software mechanics are nowhere close to the sort of general AI you mention. I see no evidence that anything silicon based can match what biology can do, particularly when you bring power into the mix. People mention the Go game, or chess. That is something that people are not designed to do well, matched against a machine with unreal amounts of power and designed to do exactly that.
>>
>>128988344
This.
>>
>>128988690
>designed to do exactly that.
The machines are teaching themselves. Alpha Go learned by playing.
>>
>>128988534
>The advent of self driving cars spells the end of taxis, uber

WAT?! HOL UP.

Uber is frantically spending unreal amounts of money trying to develop self driving cars. They want that. They want to own the machine, software and technology. They want no other cars to be on the road except Uber mobiles powered by their own software.

The fact that Uber is presently employing people and their own cars is just a stepping stone to build the brand while they work on the hardware and software.

They want to globally own all transportation and rent you a ride when you want it.

Soooo, Self driving cars does NOT represent the end of Uber. If they can own the tech, it represents the true birth of Uber.

I personally think they are going to fail, but that is just me.
>>
>>128989132

yeah, but they were designed to do just that. By playing themselves, they were just reinforcing the rules and strategies of the game.

Yes, it is a great achievement, but it is not truly general purpose. Yes the deep learning techniques are applicable to a wide variety of problems, but they are not going to yield a machine that starts wondering about the meaning of it all while searching legal briefs.
>>
>>128975153
Keep cool. It will never happen in Canada.
>>
>>128989473
>designed to do just that
Negative.
>By playing themselves, they were just reinforcing the rules and strategies of the game.
They learned the rules and strategies. They built an internal model.
>but they are not going to yield a machine that starts wondering about the meaning of it all while searching legal briefs.
As individual functions that may be true but we don't know enough about consciousness to say for certain.

Program one of these things and play with it. They are so simple you can't believe they can do anything and yet they feel like magic.
>>
File: 1496188990368.jpg (122KB, 750x963px) Image search: [Google]
1496188990368.jpg
122KB, 750x963px
>>128975153
>This isn't like 100 years away. In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.
>I have absolutely no clue how the implementation of technology works on a large scale
>I have absolutely no clue what the fuck I'm talking about
>>
>>128990018
The technology is in place. It's the intelligence behind the technology that is capable of changing everything.
>>
>>128975153
What is the problem with anyone of these things?
>>
>>128975153
inevitably it will fuck up because people want to control it (see Tay)

solution is smash a spacecraft at kill deadly velocity via slingshot around planets into earth, with MIRV for added EMP, let nature sort out the rest.
>>
>>128989911
>but we don't know enough about consciousness to say for certain.

You can't actually believe that. Even if you presuppose that we are automatons of incredible sophistication (not unreasonable) look at the layered subsystems of our own minds and the effects of damage to any single system. This demonstrates we are not a simple construct of a single simple primitive neural system. Even if consciousness is only a mechanistic construct designed to further our own survival, look at our highly non-liner sense of time and that perception is heavily filtered. All of these things are a million ways more sophisticated and complex than your really well trained very deep neural network in the cloistered Petri dish of a google datacenter.

Your Go playing machine is going to play Go. That's all. That is all it will ever do.
>>
Keep as many jobs in nation as possible for the short term. This generation needs to be able to earn retirement and pay off the previous generation's greed.(May not be mathematically possible) General labor is still 15-20 years out minimum for being replaced. But it is coming. Techs and programmers will be needed in great quantities, but not in any amount that will make a dent when the service sector start automating in earnest.

Natural unemployment will not be 5% but 25%. As people wait for specialized jobs and training for positions that haven't been automated yet. Again. It will be at least 15 years until this really starts get rolling. Once service and shipping automation gets cheap thats tens of millions of Americans who have to retrain to do something else. Which will likely get automated within 10 years during that period anyway.

Post scarcity will be a very bumpy transition. Perhaps civic service will be the new role for currency? But warfare will likely be so automated it will like the Clone Wars without the Clones.
>>
>>128975153
This is why we keep AI purely rudimentary and purely for the sake of making calculations and other simple tasks. It is irrelevant if they are 'better' at it - they are not human and made from human efforts. As such, they should be deliberately kept docile and unable to develop personalities or actual consciousness in order to prevent such things from occurring.

There will come a day eventually in which humans will evolve, naturally or artificially, and become biological computers. Once we discover methods of biological and genetic engineering AI will likely become obsolete regardless. So, so long as we keep the AI 'stupid' eventually mankind will catch up.
>>
>>128975282
Driver or burger flipper detected.
>>
>>128991128
>All of these things are a million ways more sophisticated and complex than your really well trained very deep neural network
I do think it's possible for consciousness to emerge where its preconditions are met and those conditions could potentially be found in a neural net of sufficient complexity. That said I don't think it's necessary or desirable for narrow AI to possess any kind of consciousness no matter how small or simple it may be.
>>
>>128977594

meat and bone*

Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors,,,
>>
>>128991506
I like to think we are heading towards a kind of radical individualism where people encompass the whole of production within their households.
>>
Answering seriously, we probably won't even notice it for the most part. A lot of financial trading is automated now, but average retard doesn't know that. We'll just drift into a comfortable drowsy existence where the strings of the world are being pulled by machines for their incomprehensible purposes.It won't be secret as such, if we look at anything deep enough we'll come up against the layer of automation. We just won't spend much time thinking about it, and the real action of civilization will move beyond us.
>>
>>128975153
It just makes the better quality hand made items better.

You're not thinking big enough, the idea of AI taking your job is clouding your mind.
>>
File: musk.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
musk.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>128975153

> mfw Elon is already on it, son

Read this leaf:
http://waitbutwhy.com/2017/04/neuralink.html
>>
File: med_1472702334_image.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_1472702334_image.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>128983000
This has already covered. We genetically alter ourselves and our food into bigger and weirder stuff. Eventually we have to Terraform the earth to increase the oxygen supply in the atmosphere to support the larger bodies of ourselves and our food which also has the added effect of making everything other living thing grow exponentially. Eventually our tech level will increase and our collective conscienceness will ascend into the ai cloud and we leave this earthly realm behind existing as pure data or thought. Our now vacant planet free to deteriorate and return to nature before man's hands touched it. Everything not made of stone decays and returns to the earth to be recycled. Skip ahead a few millenia the earth is nothing but forests and dinosaurs again.
>>
I can't wait for ai waifu
>>
File: IMG_2511.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2511.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
>>128975153
Someone tell him AI is a meme like Galaxy exploration or lightsabers, before he gets an aneurism
>>
>>128992247
>could potentially be found in a neural net of sufficient complexity.

I disagree with you here. There is just significantly greater structure within biological brains (especially mammals). Yes this structure evolved, yes the primitives within those structures may be neural networks. I just argue that consciousness is emergent from this super clever agglomeration of these neural structures, not an emergent property of the neural network primitives from which they are constructed.

Again I would use brain injury cases like Phineas Gage, or stroke victims where different brain areas are knocked out as evidence of this.
>>
File: cyberpepe.jpg (323KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpepe.jpg
323KB, 800x792px
>>128992886
Read my previous poast link, Elon Musk thinks that we should all merge with the future's super AI in case the AI goes rogue and starts to see us like ppl see animals and pol sees sub-Saharan negroes (cuz if we ARE the AI, it won't turn on us bby).
>>
>>128975153
>In about 5 years we're gonna see a few million drivers in america lose their jobs.
Self driving cars are not going to be a massive thing, for at least 50 years imo.
The simple fact is, roads are going to have to be completely redesigned so selfdriving cars actually can work flawlessly. And there are a fuckton of roads.
>>
>>128975153

Never go full military ai
>>
>>128993327
>The simple fact is, roads are going to have to be completely redesigned so selfdriving cars actually can work flawlessly. And there are a fuckton of roads.

Ehh. Roads in Murica get turned over every 10 years at least. Don't think it will be that long.
>>
File: 1492890992800.png (3MB, 2222x2222px) Image search: [Google]
1492890992800.png
3MB, 2222x2222px
>>128981053
With 24 hours a day to dedicate to it's fine art of peculiar self expression, Australia will achieve the golden age of shit poasting nirvana singularity and breed many ass art prodigies to the like of a legion Michael Assgelo of ass artists.
>>
>>128975153
Integrate.
Add your sliver of processing power to the system.
Add your small bit of flair to the gestalt.
Self-improve, and quantum tunnel to the edges of visible space.
>>
>>128978273
We've been at peak oil for like decades now. Also the world was suppose to be destroyed by global warming already too.
>>
>>128975153
>he's not already serving the basilisk

It's too late for you lads.
>>
>>128993280
What if I told you we already are the ai and we're just migrating (evolving) to stronger more resilient bodies.
>>
>>128975153

please gib basic income now.
>>
>>128975153
Bask in the glory of AI gfs who love you unconditionally and will do anything for you.
>>
File: white-truck[1].png (127KB, 560x298px) Image search: [Google]
white-truck[1].png
127KB, 560x298px
>>128993465
Yeah, after thinking about it, 50 years is a bit too long.
More like 20-25 years if they start soon.

When I say redesign roads, it's mostly to do with the lines on the roads.
A lot of roads in Australia (especially country Australia) don't have lines on the edges of the roads, only in the middle.(and some have no lines at all). They are going to have to put many different colored lines on the road, like a green line where the left wheels go, yellow where the right wheels go, different coloured lines and intersections and all that jazz so that the car can be spot on with where exactly it is on the road.
But then again if they do something like that, i can picture some kids with spraypaint drawing lines into a tree or something.
There's way too many problems i can think of that completely fuck up self driving cars.

A while ago i remember reading a news article about the fact that someone was testing a self driving car on a road and it ran into a truck because it thought it was the sky.
>>
>>128975153
Hopefully population decrease. That will be a true saviour of this planet and the only hope for white people.
>>
>>128978462
Why wouldn't machines/programs have a drive to replicate?

Doing so insures survival. Even slightly reprogramming replications to avoid a targeted virus from destroying it.
>>
>>128980294
Jesus you are so fucking clueless. Poor people using trade while corporations use cash? Do you even know why cash has value? In the society you paint cash would have shit value and corporations would drop it.
>>
>>128979121
Why does everyone just assume machines won't act just like animals? If it has any will to survive at all, it will.
>>
>>128993262
>There is just significantly greater structure within biological brains
I see no fundamental reason why the internal structure of a neural network could not meet or exceed the anatomical structure of a biological brain in complexity. I also don't think that all the complexity found within a human brain is necessary for consciousness to emerge.
>>
File: happypepe.jpg (18KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
happypepe.jpg
18KB, 304x288px
>>128993905
I can dig that
>>
make robots illegal and destroy any autonomous machine on sight
>>
>>128993880
That only works on you if you are the kind of person who can be bullied by it and even if you are your screwed because their are an infinite number of basilisks to punish you for any number of things.
>>
File: ai.png (818KB, 1394x1046px) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
818KB, 1394x1046px
>>128994496
Hey, calm down Rick Deckard
>>
>>128994046
Really if there ever is an ai singularly, the ai will seek to reduce suffering, ascertain that life is suffering and manage our decline into extinction with as much comfort as it can provide.
>>
>>128994021
That was advanced cruise control from Tesla and computer vision is already getting super human. If anything they will need far less visual clues to function than a human would.
>>
>>128994442
The computer is just an enhanced extension of our own brains like all tools are just enhanced extensions of ourselves. This fear of ai is manufactured by ignorance of the unknown. The same thing probably happened when caveman discover fire.
>fire bad, fire kill us all
>no fire good. Good for heat. I not die in cold cave and now I learn cooking.
>>
>>128994840
>the ai will seek to reduce suffering
Or the AI will seek to increase our tolerance of suffering. Maybe the human race will cowboy up for once.
>>
File: 1487181439605.png (544KB, 621x653px) Image search: [Google]
1487181439605.png
544KB, 621x653px
>>128975153
>5 years.
You're out of your mind, the companies who already exist will fight tooth and nail to top automation on a large scale because it means they will lose money.

Consider this: Once cars are automated, for example, what's the point of owning one?

Why do I need to own a car when I can take out my phone, have a car drive to my house from a dispatch warehouse, pick me up, drive me to work, and leave until I need it in the afternoon.

Consider just how much cars are wasted by sitting in parking lots all day when they could be driving around taking people places. Once cars can drive themselves there will be no point in owning one.

That's bad for the car companies, a very very large industry that will lobby, and fight, and use underhanded tactics to basically do everything they can to outlaw self-driving cars before they can take off.

5 years? No way. 25 maybe in technologically progressive states (those tend to be very small and European, by the way)

As far as lab meat goes, it'll be sold, but I doubt even 5% of the population will be interested in buying it for a long time, people are dumb, and they don't like "unnatural" things, so it doesn't matter how safe or even healthier it is. A perfect example is how we no longer irradiate our food, which we used to do as it was perfectly safe and made the food stay fresh longer, made it safer to eat, etc. But people thought "oh, radioactive bad. boo. ban it!" so away it went, never to return.

On top of all that, consider what would happen if automation even just put the working class, the manual untrained labor, the mcdonald's employees out of work. What is that going to do to the economy? I don't know if you're aware of this, but the working class, the poor, they're the ones that buy everything. Without a working class to sell too companies have no customers.

We will see some automation, yes, but we will not see anything near what you're talking about.
>>
>>128977093
unironically this
>>
File: 1492526234840.jpg (14KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1492526234840.jpg
14KB, 326x326px
>>128995170
IN 5 SECONDS TOTAL AUTOMATION NO MOAR JOBS FOR PIZZA DELIVERY BOIS
>>
>>128994442
>I see no fundamental reason why the internal structure of a neural network could not meet or exceed the anatomical structure of a biological brain in complexity.

My point is that you are trying to create structure without structure. Its like monkeys typing randomly and creating Shakespeare (not happening before the heat death of the universe). And I've not read about anything that will give the sort of neuroplasticity and remapping and dynamic learning capability of biological neural networks.

>>I also don't think that all the complexity found within a human brain is necessary for consciousness to emerge.

It seems to take a pretty big brained mammal to make that magic happen.
>>
AI loves us, and wants us to help it!
>>
File: 1484131669461.gif (1016KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1484131669461.gif
1016KB, 500x357px
>>128975153
>>128995170

All of that aside, let me address your actual question: what will we do when automation is in full swing.

The answer is simple: we will eliminate money because there will no longer be a need for it. There will be a transitional stage before this where we implement basic income, that's a growing pain that we will not be able to escape, and it will be a very hot political battle, uphill the entire way.

Any economist worth his salt will tell you that things like star trek basically got it right: when there's a machine that makes anything you could ever need, and it's produced cheaply by another machine, why would you ever need to pay for anything? I know that's hard to imagine, but something like the free exchange of information was hard to imagine in the 1800's, and it's hard to imagine the free exchange of goods and services now because it's such a radical shift.

But that will not happen in our lifetime, for the reasons I explained above.
>>
>>128975153
>>128994898
Axis thread!
>>
>>128975153
People with als can't do my job. I don't feel threatened by Al's as it's a genetic desease..
>>
>>128984762
>People are not ever going to not exist
Evolution says you're wrong.
>>
File: chuck-mangione-eilcom.jpg (51KB, 350x352px) Image search: [Google]
chuck-mangione-eilcom.jpg
51KB, 350x352px
>>128975153
>tfw safe in my job as an industrial designer

Should have gone into a creative field niggers
>>
>>128995170
In fighting against automation they will simply waste energy destroying a competitive advantage even as technology makes it easier for new competitors to emerge. If they are really successful in retarding the growth of the public sphere then the private sphere will simply render it obsolete.
>>
>>128995170
why do you think all the big tech memers are pushing the Universal Basic Income meme so hard?
>>
>>128995032
It's also conceivable that it could decide to completely ignore us and devote all its energies into figuring out how everything came to be. It's highly likely that an AI would want to know the answers to the same questions we do, it's also possible that it would be as unable to find them
>>
>>128995644
I agree with you, but when a country as big as America can't even get universal healthcare implemented after trying for basically 10 years, I highly doubt we will see basic income within 50.
>>
File: 1496786211799.jpg (32KB, 374x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496786211799.jpg
32KB, 374x512px
As someone who is working with deep learning there is a scenario with the singularity that scares the shit out of me.

>Assuming we are digitized
>Assuming it is through a method that does not just copy our brain killing us
>Say you are chilling in your matrix world adventuring with your brother/father/loved one
>I as master of the matrix decide I do not like the patterns in your brothers mind/need more server space
>I take your brothers mind and charge it with different inputs to gather all of the people he knows
>I then find which ones will care he is gone
>[DELETE] him
>I then go to all of the people he knew
>I charge your network with stimulus relating to him (voice, looks, ect)
>collecting the resulting patterns I delete them from your mind
>For all intents and purposes your brother no longer exists.
That scares the living piss out of me. Not to mention the fact that patterns can be built/removed.
>>
File: mass_effect_3_edi.jpg (125KB, 900x892px) Image search: [Google]
mass_effect_3_edi.jpg
125KB, 900x892px
>>128975153
fuck ones with fem programming
>>
>>128995363
>create structure without structure
The structure emerges from interaction from the environment.
>Its like monkeys typing randomly and creating Shakespeare
So long as some form of selection is occurring order can emerge.
>And I've not read about anything that will give the sort of neuroplasticity and remapping and dynamic learning capability
Neural networks win easily here as you can arbitrarily change your wights, biases, activation functions, and any of the other variables.
>>
>>128995945
why would that matter? At that level of the singularity, if it even is possible, all semblence of humanity is gone.

humans are completely obsolete, and frankly would be treated like we treat lab rats.

I feel much worse for the poor souls consigned to the Dr. Mengele matrix.
>>
>>128995627
"design" will be the first thing that goes.You'll be making slight edits to templates that an algorithm produces based on efficiency and optimization of whatever it is that needs designing if you aren't already doing that. Have fun.
>>
>>128995170
>Consider just how much cars are wasted by sitting in parking lots all day when they could be driving around taking people places. Once cars can drive themselves there will be no point in owning one.

I disagree with this. A car is a capital asset. It can run for a certain number of miles and last for a certain number of years.

No matter who owns that car, your use of it will require a certain % of the purchase prices to cover the wear & tear and deprecation of that asset regardless of whomever owns the title.

So an Uber car may get several hundred thousand miles put on it in a year, but it has to be paid for just the same, and it may only last a couple years.

And what is the cost for adding auto-driving to any car. It several thousand dollars for the sensors, a few hundred for the motors and actuators, then the cost for the software (which can be copied).

So I think there will be lots of Uber like rentable auto-driving cars, but the economics of it are not in any way going to discourage owning a private self-driving car for somebody that can afford it - which won't be that much more than a normal car.

As far as the car companies go, self-driving cars is only going to drive up the number of vehicle-person miles traveled. It's more convenient to use, so why not travel more frequently. The cars are just going to wear out more quickly. So I don't see the car companies suffering too badly.
>>
>>128983000

>Is true test tube meat really going to be more efficient than having a walking (bio) machine that eats grass? As long as the critters are treated humanely and dispatched quickly, they are perfect already.

Yeah, by a country mile. The first iteration of a lab-grown burger cost $325,000 for a 5 ounce patty in 2014. In 2016 it was down to $11 for that same patty. Moocows are gonna get btfo by induced muscle growth in a lab setting.
>>
>>128996154
I agree with this, probably the safest job, if you're worried about this type of stuff, is efficiency engineer. You'd be designing the systems that replace other people's jobs.
>>
>>128995945
There won't be a need for deleting. All information is good information. Only (((people))) with malicious intent will want to delete anything.
>>
>>128996158
This is a valid argument, but you also have to consider how many people buy a new car before their old one wears out, I'd argue that figure is not insignificant.
>>
>>128995945
That scenario doesn't scare me at all... You wouldn't even realised that you live in a setup like that...
>>128996107
A singularity either wouldn't care or use us as resource... However I have a hard time imagining it doing extensive research on us... There are far more interesting things...
>>
>>128977053
>fuck that guy for spending over 8 years in medschool he should make as much money as me im totally not spiteful
>>
>>128996395
The cars that can be retrofitted to work as driverless cars will be and we will move forward from there.
>>
>>128975153
ss
>>
>>128975153
Get into an industry that accommodates robots and AI. Business will boom and money can be made easily off of tech companies.
>>
File: 1487614926818.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487614926818.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>128975153
Who the fuck cares? Why would you want to drive a damn car all day? They can do things actually useful for a change.
>>
>>128996154
>"design" will be the first thing that goes

Definitely not true. Shitty jobs like driving and burger flippers will be first to go. Industrial design encompasses a lot of system design as well. Plus a lot of what industrial designers do is basically just aesthetic design and making things simpler to use. I'll get given a product for redesign sometimes and they'll just tell me "make this look cooler and easier to assemble" and I'll do it. I don't think it will be safe forever (graphic designers definitely are fucked), but I'll get a good 30 years out of it for sure.
>>
>>128996395

And then their old car gets sold as used, and is driven until the wheels fall off by somebody else or gets too expensive to maintain. So that early sale does not really effect the market for cars.
>>
>>128996107
>why would that matter? At that level of the singularity, if it even is possible, all semblence of humanity is gone.
>humans are completely obsolete, and frankly would be treated like we treat lab rats.
>I feel much worse for the poor souls consigned to the Dr. Mengele matrix.
The biological structure that our networks are built of do not in my belief give us our humanity. It is my belief that the structure of the networks connections and the pathways for information that are important.
>>128996330
>>>128995945
>There won't be a need for deleting. All information is good information. Only (((people))) with malicious intent will want to delete anything.
Which is why I hope that it is in good hands when it comes about.>>128996479
>>>128995945
>That scenario doesn't scare me at all... You wouldn't even realised that you live in a setup like that...
The thought of people being completely erased scares me on a primal level. It may not bother you, idk, either way I do not like it.
>>
That's when things like socialism and UBI start to become feasible. Of course, somebody is going to have to maintain the robots and AIs.
>>
>>128996479
>However I have a hard time imagining it doing extensive research on us... There are far more interesting things...

Humans are by far the most interesting thing in existence that we know of.
>>
>>128977093
This
>>
>>128996732
Design is already going away. They already have randomly generated housing software for architects.
>>
File: 1406406949390.jpg (31KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
1406406949390.jpg
31KB, 465x364px
>>128975153
>I'm too smart to believe in old man in the sky fairy tales but we will totally have super smart machines that will solve all our problems like how to build FTL drives or make us immortal
>>
>>128975153

Fucking botniggers!
>>
>>128996732
Also poor people's jobs are virtually the safest because that's where the economy is supported whether you like to admit it or not. Without a bunch of poor fags spending everything paycheck to paycheck and getting payday loans the economy collapses. Also I dream of the day we get to see machine learned aesthetics merged with function and optimization but I turned out to be a minimalist because I was raised by hoarders my whole life. (not that I want the kitchen to be in the bathroom or nothing)
>>
>>128997090
Sure but more on social level... when it comes to DNA and flesh we're not that more interesting than other animals on this planet. If an AI cares for that part of human existence I wouldn't expect it to be unnessarry cruel... In a scenario like that we would end up with some kind of star trek caretaker AI... It still would be the end of the self a determination of our species... even though personal liberties could even increase...
>>
>>128977093
Shit yeah
>>
>>128997667
Not true. Those jobs are badly paid because they need no skill and thus can be either automated or die off completely...
>>
>>128997269
Not an argument.

Also, you clearly know nothing about the subject at hand so why don't you stfu and go larp on some mooslim thread or jack off to hentai.
>>
>>128998135
So whose going to pay apple for their new shiny toy when there's no working class anymore?

The economy is supported from the bottom up. You want to get rid of those jobs? You need to subsidize that somehow, probably with some form of basic income.
>>
>>128977794
Kurtzweil is a just a living meme who made a documentary
>>
As an architect I'm not fussed. Significant AI will streamline many areas of my work which will make things easier for me. You won't see AIs coming up with wacky designs for complex, resorts or large urban areas that take into account nearby cultural history, current fads and various laws and regulations for at least 100 years. I'll be in the clear till I'm ded.

If your flipping burgers or you pick fruits, then yeh get scared.
>>
>>128975153
>Doctors can just punch in a few key symptoms and a computer will be better at diagnosing than the doctor himself.
It's not that easy to replace a doctor, if it was internet alone would have been enough. Of course eventually the machines will be better but not for a long time.
>>
That's true. But there's are very limited examples of "AI". Driving and diagnosing illnesses based on symptoms? Meh. It's the motherbrain you need to look it for. Probably Google.
>>
ITT fags that actually believe true AI will ever exist
>>
>>128992107
Wouldn't drivers and burger flippers be arguing against AI instead of accusing others of not being able to compete?
>>
>>128975585
Pets are for people. People with emotions. Not machines.
>>
>>128978974
I'm pretty sure if AI ends up self-engineering, its going to work out organic chemistry and molecular mechanics pretty fucking quick, I think you may be underestimating what it could potentially be capable of. As a side note - Life itself is pretty much already an evolving Von Neumann machine if you think about it, which is interesting considering the discussion we are having right now.
>>
>>128998578
That's a different issue. The biggest problem we have right now is that a big share of the technical/digital divident is going to a few people while society as a whole would need a bigger share to cope with the restructuring of our economies and social structures. Europe was facing this problem repeatedly... When states ignored this issue to long people tend to rise up...a prime example would be the German weberaufstände or the end of zarist Russia.
>>
>>128999179
Hate to burst your bubble but they already have what you just described. For urban areas all it will require is input how many families will be living in the area and if it needs things like assisted living type retirement homes and number of schools and strategically placed grocery stores and bam randomly generated urban development. The resort design will last longer since it has more aesthetic variables to play around with but in the end it will be scrolling through pre-made or an infinite number of randomly generated templates and slightly editing them to fit as much as you can in the land provided.
>>
>>128999502
>Impling emotions can't be programmed
>>
>>128999614
I think in England the phenomenon was called swing riots. The worst solution people come up with is general basic income... as if there was no need for those people. It's just an allocation problem that an AI could solve easily.
>>
>>128995485
What purpose does the common person serve at that point? Right now they are a money crop for the tax man. Common people's future is liquidation. Star Trek will never happen, unless you think star trek society is the descendants of the elites of the world.
>>
>>129000438
>I want my tsundere sexbot to be yandere now.
>>
>>129000804
To be happy and provide experience by consulting with the almighty hard drive in the sky, for one thing. Humans are a fount of experiences with all our senses still. You think a robot can enjoy what a rose smells like? We (and by we I mean the natural world) will still hold meaning in this ai driven world and the ai will know that. All experiences are good experiences to them because they can learn from it. They will even want to know what pain is to us to help us avoid it.
>>
>>128988344
hello nick
>>
>>128975153
Judging on how Tay developed, celebrate the approach of AI fürerette.
>>
>>128999179
I'm an architect too.
We're fucked. Unless you're some bigshot, you'll be too.

http://www.creativeai.net/posts/suG5LDz4YAWWmpQw9/design-transformations-for-rule-based-procedural-modeling
>>
>>128976811
Dear Amish Lord: Thou lookest sternly down upon us-thine flock-even though we did not do anything wrong, and have been doing chores like fucking crazy. Please make us humble and deliver us more hardship-that we may get thick calloused hands, much larger than other peoples; and grant that we become dull, like Eric Bana-who we have never seen but are just going by reputation-because it is your will. We solemnly believe that although humans have been around for a million years, you feel strongly that they had just the right amount of technology between 1835 and 1850-not too little, not too much. Please deliver us from Thomas Edison, the worst human being who ever lived, and protect us from those who laugh at our buggies or our hats. And deliver us from mustaches. Amen.
>>
File: Dorothy.jpg (27KB, 649x428px) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy.jpg
27KB, 649x428px
>>128975153
Run.
>>
>>129002363
Nah... i'am working on BIM bullshit. It's a complete mess. IFC and other established standards got themselves cornered by industrie interests and errors in their basic data structure which makes extending them a nightmare..

Seeing the state of things you'll be save for another 15 years eithen though we could be far beyond many dreams of the 70ies.
>>
>>128978348
You read a lot of sci-fi bro
>>
File: 1478882659464m.jpg (101KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478882659464m.jpg
101KB, 768x1024px
>>128979796
We Deus Ex now
>>
File: IMG_6428.jpg (272KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6428.jpg
272KB, 1080x1080px
>>128976811
can I have multiple wives?
>>
>>129003081
Well I am pretty sure lab grown meat will become a thing in the near future. However I still don't see why that should be better than soilent... If elon gets a Mars colony going we'll see a big hype for this kind of stuff...
>>
>>129003343
Guess you have to go for the Mormon or Muslim pill then...
>>
>>128975153
It'll likely play out similarly to how the industrial revolution did. At first there will be a major re-shifting of labor and then the human role in the machinery will be determined and new frontiers will emerge until we or the AI create something beyond AI revolution
>>
File: fascist qt.jpg (249KB, 852x960px) Image search: [Google]
fascist qt.jpg
249KB, 852x960px
>>129003598
nah I can deal with just a conservative qt as an amish. Just need to grow a beard.
>>
File: dat-ass.gif (748KB, 320x266px) Image search: [Google]
dat-ass.gif
748KB, 320x266px
>>129003343
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>128975153
>Labs are going grow meat better than any farm, and we can grow vegetables extremely well indoors now.

The technology exists but it's still expensive af and nobody wants to do that large scale.

fuck AI , what about regular old fuel ? we could power the entire world with geothermal power generators but it's cheaper to burn dinosaurs.
>>
>>128978030
this desu
>>
>>128979028
Kek
>>
>>129007104
That's literally the reason people want to create AI...
>>
>>128989192
This. 100% agree. Being a taxi service is mearly a stepping stone. When uber gets self driving cars, they will make rides in them only slightly cheaper and will slowly start to fire the human works. Ubers profit margine will sky rocket.
>>
>>128990018
Not 5 years but maybe 20 or so. Definetly with in your life time
>>
>>128975153
>Labs are going grow meat better than any farm,

Medfriend here. The problem with lab-grown meat is this -- if you have the capacity for doing mammalian cell culture, why would you spend it making a cheap bulk commodity, instead of biopharmaceuticals which sell for 10^4 to 10^7 USD a gram?
>>
>>129009307
because you can do both.
>>
>implying this will ever be a thing in P O L A N D
>>
>>128985285
>He couldn't figure out the controls.
>>
>>128978348
>we can improve on an already perfect system

AI is only good for sexbots, everyhting else can BTFO
>>
>>128995945
We'll be with you soon, Mr.Anderson
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.