[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study finds 'Violence more common' in Bible than Q

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 39

File: Bible-Quran.jpg (176KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Bible-Quran.jpg
176KB, 1368x1026px
Study finds 'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html
>>
>>128842237
Heh

>http://independent co uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html
https://archive.is/gzHuk
>>
>>128842237
Old Testament*
>>
>>128842237
>>128842345
Fuck you its still THE BIBLE. Christfags btfo for FUCKING EVER. GOD ISNT REAL
>>
>>128842401
Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old
>>
>>128842237
>violence is determined by the words referenced rather than their contexts

so they literally include
>thou shalt not kill
as violence in the Bible
kek
>>
File: deckers.jpg (50KB, 463x543px) Image search: [Google]
deckers.jpg
50KB, 463x543px
>>128842237
well the bible is older and everyone knows the old days were CRAZY FUN
>>
>>128842473
SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>128842469
wrong
>>128842345
you didn't even read the article did you you illiterate bastard, shut up.

the old testament is relevant in that it shows us the old ways. the old testament is still the Bible you disingenuous idiot.
>>
>>128842237
observation finds terrorism more common with muslims

the koran is 1/20th the size of the bible
>>
>>128842251
Thank you reddit archiving bot. Reddit is the best, look at the positive outcomes reddit brings. Archive bot is awesome. Have my up vote
>>
>>128842473
this
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
>>128842469
>Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old
>>
>>128842401
Anti-theist are so sensitive
>>
Preaching violence or describing violence that happened at the time?

What about violence inspired by the Bible bs the Quran?
>>
>>128842469

Are you serious with this shit. Bruh, are you serious with this shit? When was the last time you saw a Bible that didn't include the Old Testament? How often do you see Christians making arguments against evolution/gay marriage/science in general because of shit written in the Old Testament?

Are. You. Fucking. Serious. With. This. Shit?
>>
>>128842563
t. Goldberg Finnstein
Judaism is based on the Old Testament though
>>
File: Genealogy-of-Genesis-5.jpg (104KB, 1439x930px) Image search: [Google]
Genealogy-of-Genesis-5.jpg
104KB, 1439x930px
>>128842401
God is real, you're just blind to the reality of things.

>>128842469
this is fallacious, the Old testament was a prophecy about how would come into the flesh and die a really brutal death, its a brutal book to illustrate that the wages of sin are death, and that God paid the ultimate price to save humanity.
>>
>>128842563
>old way of doing things
>Implying this is relevant to a reformation in the form of a new testament
>>
>>128842237
Are they distinguishing between descriptions of violence and exhortations to violence?
>>
>>128842469
but that's wrong
>>
>>128842634
>>Christianity is based on the New Testament, it has nothing to do with the Old
It's true, pagan. Read the Catechism.
>>
File: 1489805019837.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489805019837.gif
3MB, 309x313px
Shit look at 4chan. Liberals share this shit for laughs. Keep up the good work. Praise kek or whatever.
>>
>>128842670
CHRIST WASNT EVEN REAL DUDE. FUCK YOU. HE WAS JUST SOME DUMB DRUNK
>>
Imma catholic myself and personally dont give a fuck about the old testament. am I a heretic?
>>
>>128842668
do you know anything about the Bible's origins or are you literally that retarded?
>>
>>128842648
Arguments against gays are in Leviticus, New Testament
I have nothing against science, even the Vatican accepted evolution
>>
>>128842237
The Bible is multiple times LONGER than the Quran, idiot.
>>
File: archive-that-clickbait-link.jpg (132KB, 640x750px) Image search: [Google]
archive-that-clickbait-link.jpg
132KB, 640x750px
>>128842251
>>
>>128842237
daily reminder that god isnt real,
if you need a menace or a reward to be a good man, you're shit.
>>
>Study conducted by CAIR
>We've investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing
Bitch please!
>>
>>128842765
Do you know anything about the Bible's origins? Fucking pagans, I swear
>>
>>128842237
>Koran is shorter then the New Testament which is shorter then the Old Testament
>results were from a word search with no contextual basis, don't kill people is termed a violent phrase
lmao
>>
>>128842775
>Arguments against gays are in Leviticus, New Testament

Leviticus is Old Testament dude. Right after Exodus. Jesus dude.
>>
>>128842849
Well, turns out a majority of humans are shit
>>
>>128842237
The Bible is way larger than the Quran. Of course a larger book will have more shit in it.

Also 90+% of it is probably old testament, but hey le evil christians am I right?
>>
>>128842720
>but that's wrong
The Old Testament is literally "this is how you fucked up you dumbasses: the book".
>>
File: 1488201763137.jpg (89KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1488201763137.jpg
89KB, 600x675px
>>128842469
>religious biblethumpers in us use old testament shit constantly to support their backwards-ass arguments constantly
>but it's totally not based at all on the old testament
>>
>>128842237
How does it feel to belong to a pedophiles death cult?
>>
>>128842695
so why don't you remove the old testament from the holy book if it's so irrelevant.

anyone claiming to be a Christian and thinking this needs to actually read the fucking Bible.

the Bible makes reference constantly to times past, times present and times future and it echoes events a lot.

to say that Christianity has nothing to do with the old testament is just mind bogglingly assbackwards.

unless you and the Portuguese idiot both think I'm trying to say that we're still bound by the old laws. in which case, you both have reading comprehension worse than that of a middle schooler.
>>
>>128842745
Unlike you I did. How about you link me the passage in the catechism that says that.
>>
>>128842844
Nigger
>>
>>128842868
yes, i do. Judaism predates Christianity.
>>
>>128842237
Difference here is as follows:
Bible: Bill punted Jim in the gut, then became king. Then Bill got buttfucked by god.
>Instances of violence:2
Quran: God says Murder fucking everybody, then do it again.
>instances of violence:1
>>
>>128842868
>pagan
>origins
Irony? Lmao
>>
>>128842991
>referencing the past apparently equals advocating the events that happened
>supporting removing your history
Try harder newfag
>>
File: quran ksiser.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
quran ksiser.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>128842756
tkae alook at your calender? notice how it'll say AD? notice how before 2018 years ago it says BC?

Christ's death literally changed time for all the world. Christ was real, his death and ressurection was one of the most well documented events in history so much that it reset the calender.

Jew detected.

>>128842775
catholic detected.
>>
>>128842924

What is with you people arguing the Old Testament has nothing to do with Christians? Have you ever just seen the New Testament by itself?
>>
>>128843168
what are you even trying to say here?
what half baked idea from your tiny monkey brain did you just try to conceive and put out there to the world?
>>
>>128842237

Nail bomb at a concert, huh? Well what about the WESTBORO CHURCH? Check-mate Christcucks. Also, science PROVES the bible is more violent than Quran so we're confiscating your kids.
>>
>>128843240
The Old Testament is just setting up context for the New Testament. That's fucking it. "Testament" is literally a term for a pact with God. The old pact with God was fulfilled with Jesus' death.
>>
File: nt blue 1.jpg (86KB, 700x377px) Image search: [Google]
nt blue 1.jpg
86KB, 700x377px
>>128843240
But yeah. It's just christlarpers who hope they can avoid having to answer all the bs in the old by claiming it doesn't apply.
It just shows they have zero theological knowledge or know the new one good enough to know it's equally retarded
>>
File: 1452399745021.jpg (81KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452399745021.jpg
81KB, 540x540px
>>128842237
This is old as fuck.

It searches for keywords and uses their existence out of context to say those passages are violent.

So when the bible says "thou shalt not commit MURDER", this counts as "more violent" according to this... """""study""""
>>
>>128843278
Lol
>>
>>128843013
51 out of 54 African countries have fewer niggers than the USA. So eat shit soon-to-be-a-minority burger.
Only white Saffers post on /pol/. The niggers here barely know how to use an ATM.
>>
>>128842924
larger books holds larger amount of shit, pure science.
>>
>>128842237
wtf I guess Muslims are alright now!
>>
File: Neo_The_One.jpg (421KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_The_One.jpg
421KB, 1024x1024px
"software engineer Tom Anderson"
>>
>>128843400
>Do we, then, nullify the Law by this faith? By no means! Instead, we uphold the Law.
You can't even understand who Christ is without the Old Testament. Nor would "it is fullfilled" change anything about it being violent and God being a psychopath
Fuck new christlarpers are even more retarded than the old ones
>>
>>128843440
my thoughts exactly.

how in the fuck did you think I'm saying that because the old testament belongs in the Bible that I am advocating the acts in it?

how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>128843218
>his death and ressurection was one of the most well documented events in history
Then how come every story is different? Also, how come the people in Palestine didn't know about his existence while people 150 years later outside of Palestine claimed he did exist?
>>
>>128842237
Islam confirmed as the religion of peace. polfags bfto
>>
>>128843400

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"

Come the fuck on dude. I ask again: have you ever just seen the New Testament just lying around by itself? If you gave a Bible to a pastor and it was only the New Testament the first words out of their mouth would be, "Where's the rest?"
>>
>>128842237
Normalise it to word count and then let us know how it goes.
>>
Isn't the Bible descriptive while to Quran is prescriptive?
>>
>>128843651
exactly.
>>
File: jessusman.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jessusman.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>128842904
>Jesus dude

Jesus man!
>>
>>128842237
what did they read? old testament?
>>
>>128843609

You fucking stupid russian nigger. It's the quality of the content that counts, not the quantity. I can say "we have to slap them" a million times, and in the other book it says "we have to murder them" once. Quantitatively, my version is more 'violent', but qualitatively the other one is.
>>
Christianity is already dead, what we're living through are just LARPERs trying to reanimate a corpse. Face it, Islam and Atheism are your future depending on where you live
>>
>>128843575
Jesus was literally condemned by the Jews for breaking Old Testament laws (which was a copout because Jesus was simply too big a threat to their power, but same difference). Jesus even straight up tells people that the diet laws weren't as important as living a good life and that the adulteress shouldn't be stoned, even though that's what the Old Testament dictated.
>>
>>128843580
You're implying that the acts are advocated due to it being referenced in the new testament. Also, youre a faggot for suggesting removal of history, regardless of how shitty it may be, you stupid revisionist loving kike
Also
>on vacation
So you can keep going with the spic jokes, it's funny
>>
>>128843824
And nothing about this changes anything about what I said.
And the story with the adulteress is a later forgery and not part of the original bible.
Whoopsie
>>
File: nt_reliability1.jpg (2MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
nt_reliability1.jpg
2MB, 3508x2480px
>>128843599
why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ, and that he died on the cross? about half the country was christian before they had contact with the outside world.

> Also, how come the people in Palestine didn't know about his existence while people 150 years later outside of Palestine claimed he did exist?

histoircal records indicate this is a lie. Rome, and the Jews both recorded his death by pontius pilate. and some Jews even went on to confirm his resurrection. Considering the New Testament was completed before the 1st century, I find your argument to be fallacious.
>>
>>128843651
Yes. The Quran claims to be literaly the perfect word of god, only crazy people(primaraly calvinists) jump through hoops to justify making that claim about the Bible.
>>
>>128843824
what old testament law did he break? he broke Talmudic oral traidition, but that has nothing to do with OT law.
>>
>>128842237
>independent
>.uk
wew
>>
>>128842473
THIS
A thousand times this
>>
>>128843651
This pretty much sums it up, claiming to be the "final word of god" seems to hold some stipulations to it
>>
>>128843950
>the Jews both recorded his death by pontius pilate. and some Jews even went on to confirm his resurrection
Source?

>the New Testament was completed before the 1st century
American education
>>
>>128843862
I'm not implying that at all you illiterate double nigger.

I'm saying you're a shitty ass Christian if you think the old testament has nothing to do with Christianity. if you have a Bible and don't even read the old testament or it doesn't contain the old testament you're not getting the full word of god.

learn to read you absolute knuckle dragging shit nugget.
>>
Old Testament > New Testament

Come at me Christians
>>
>>128843636
I've seen copies of just the Gospels before. I'm not saying that the Old Testament doesn't matter, but that you can't apply the same standards to them for today.

You could make the argument that Jesus is even more foreboding than Yahweh, because Yahweh at his worst only physically kills people and usually doesn't go into the afterlife. Jesus talks about eternal damnation.

>pastor
Pastor is a primarily American Protestant term, Protestants already threw out a lot of the Old Testament anyway.
>>
>>128842237
Yeah well the Bible has the advantage, obviously
It was written by sand niggers crouched over goat poo fires, summoning evil, always crapping on about bloodshed and about how their god wanted them to slit their son's throat to prove how much they loved their god etc
Then all the wars because the chosenites believed their god was on their side, murdering entire cities overnight, turning people into columns of salt, etc

Now the koran is a lightweight, because by the time the sandniggers got around to composing that, most of them had already pissed off to Poland, Russia, Italy etc and were calling themselves 'jews'
So the koran didn't have the advantage of the jews' belief that their god would slaughter everyone on their behalf. The jews who composed the koran had been wandering around the mid east for eight hundred years, clueless, because they missed the boat and didn't go over to infest Europe with the main gang. The best the koran could come up with was a pale imitation of their forebearer jews and it was led by a madman schizophrenic who even told people he was mad from all that tribal inbreeding
That's why the koran is a pale imitation of the Old Testament
>>
>>128843950
>why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ, and that he died on the cross? about half the country was christian before they had contact with the outside world.

Nothing about this makes sense. Where did you hear this?
>>
>>128843636
lol yeah. Some preachers passed them out one day I walked home from school. Only a New Testament. No Old.
>>
>>128844017
>It is not what enters one’s mouth that defiles that person; but what comes out of the mouth is what defiles one. [Matthew 15:11]

Saying kosher laws no longer mattered, which would've been a big fucking deal then and still is today by Jewish theological standards.
>>
>New Testament: You will be killed for your beliefs
>Koran: Kill others for their beliefs
Exactly the same
>>
>>128842237
It's based on a computer program that tallies up the amount of so-called "negative words" to determine which book was more violent.

So, in other words, it was completely out of context.

If the Bible told you not to hurt someone and to not react violently, then it counts just as negatively towards the evaluation as when the Quran tells you to behead your enemies and light their corpses on fire.

Ok.
>>
all the people in this thread who are Christian but say the old testament has nothing to do with Christianity riddle me this.

where do you think the book of genesis is? do you believe in it?
>>
>>128843913
>And the story with the adulteress is a later forgery and not part of the original bible.
>It's not canon because I say it's not canon
Well if you're playing by those rules you could cherrypick and make up any bullshit you want.
>>
>>128842237
The old testament comes from a time where stepping in a head of your enemies baby was common, They lived in a time where it was kill or be killed. In the new testament when Jesus son of God came to earth he outlawed the barbaric laws such as stoning women and others that i can't remember right now.

Still, The bible has violence agains't some sort of enemy army and such while in the Quran it's aimed to entire groups of people.
>>
"Investigating whether the Quran really is more violent than its Judeo-Christian counterparts, software engineer Tom Anderson processed the text of the Holy books to find which contained the most violence."

Since when a software engineer have the credentials to make judgements about religion and moral, of the most relevant books in the world? retarded....

First i would like to know his political and social preferences, to know if he is unbiased in his code. Since the Koran accepts and promote phedofilia i suggest this software engineer see Pedophilia as not relevant.
>>
>>128842237
After scanning both texts, which faith did the program convert to?
>>
>>128844629
It's not part of the oldest manuscripts we have you down syndrome.
It's not my opinion it's an archaeological fact.
I wonder why you never bothered to research this.
>>
>>128842237
The Quran says everything in the Bible is accurate and fine except for the things is directly contradicts, which are the important bits, but not the bulk of the work. Saying the Bible contains more violence doesn't make sense since the Quran is a supplement/expansion to the Bible so anything contained in the Bible is also in the Quran.

Also 'Thou Shalt not Kill' is counted as 'Violence' by their contextless counting.
>>
>>128843950
>>128844163

>why did missionaries in new zealand already know the name of Jesus Christ

natives, I meant natives. and the missionaries report having been surprised that the natives already knew the messiah. I'll find a source in a minute. heard it in a lecture

>>128844083
Tacitus for Rome, who was the greatest historian who ever lived. Josephus for the Jews. Josephus makes references to the new testament before 100AD which defeats >>128843599

I misspoke slightly, jews acknowledge jesus was a real person, and that he was crucified on by rome, they fail to acknowledge is resurrection, and have crackpot ideas about what happened to his body.
>>
>>128843790
>Swedecuck is mad
Nice mental gymnastics. Just submit to the peace of Allah brother
>>
>>128844622
>do you believe in it?
This is a ridiculously loaded question. Even Origen postulated that Genesis' creation story isn't a literal 144 hours. It's an archetypal story that reflects the period it was written in yet still has divine truth.
>>
>>128842507
don't post that fucking faggot here.
>>
>>128844622
I personally don't discount the OT (not completely anyway), but I understand where the sentiment comes from. Jesus said that the Old way was done and He had come to show the New way.

It doesn't mean the OT is completely thrown out, but certain aspects of the NT changed things.
>>
>>128844905
Neither Tacitus nor Josephus lived during Christ's time. They didn't record jackshit they recorded rumors.
And both sources have been fucked with by Christians precisely because they don't show the kind of affection for this event a christian would expect.

>best recorded event in history
Craig may be an idiot or shill but at least try to understand his arguments
>>
>>128842644
there is non. Jesus preached against violence.
>>
File: sohard.jpg (303KB, 750x416px) Image search: [Google]
sohard.jpg
303KB, 750x416px
>>128844622
yes, personally I believe that day and night came before the sun and moon, that earth came before everything else, that vegetation came before sunlight, and God literally created mankind from dirt/clay and put the breath of life into it. and that the earth is covered by a glass firmament.

>>128844977
mainstream science is pretty much a bold-faced lie. there are allegories in genesis, and higher mysteries, but its irrelevant to the context of events in the order that they took place.
>>
>>128842759
yes. its good history and has good lessons in it.
>>
>>128843950
>Rome, and the Jews both recorded his death by pontius pilate
Nope. Never happened. You got pawned by religious zealots and "pious fraud".
>>
>>128844717
His methodology is unbiased, its just stupid. It'd be like counting the references to violence between a speech from ISIS and a speech condemning global terrorism then deciding the speech condemning terrorism is more violent because it was longer and therefore mentioned violence more times.

By his own methodology the simple phrase 'Fucking kill everybody' is less violent than the Quran and therefore better because it contains only a single instance of violence.
>>
Pity the only retards who take the violence seriously are the muzzies

Old testament is obviously metaphorical/psychological and you dont see Christians acting like fucking apes over it

Fucking muzzies man, just.... the worst and the dumbest
>>
>>128842473
Fucking boobalee
>>
>>128845276
no its a very violent book. but these were very violent times. but the new testament removes the physical punishments of gods law.
>>
>>128844860
Just because something is "the oldest we have" doesn't mean it's definitive. That's basic ethics I learned in my Archaeology gen ed class. And since that shit was all hand-written different copies will have different errors and footnotes.

There are all kinds of manuscripts from that time. You could argue that Gnosticism was the true Christianity and the early Church was a splinter from that.
>>
>>128845276
>Old testament is obviously metaphorical/psychological
Historical. Aside from the descriptions of law in Deuteronomy, Leviticus and a few other places which there are scriptural justifications for ignoring (following them strictly would make you Jewish, not a Christian) the bulk of the rest is simply accounts of violence. Your history book is probably 'more violent' than the Quran because it describes major wars, but people aren't killing each other swearing by the word of World History in Brief Vol 3.
>>
>>128842237
Christians don't follow the old testament you retarded niggers. It's in the name.
>>
>>128842237
But reality finds violnace more common in muslim countries than christians.
>Remember to Sage slide threads
>>
>>128845102
>Scholars generally consider Tacitus' reference to the execution of Jesus by Pontius Pilate to be both authentic, and of historical value as an independent Roman source.[5][6][7] Eddy and Boyd state that it is now "firmly established" that Tacitus provides a non-Christian confirmation of the crucifixion of Jesus.

it is a matter of undeniable historical record that Jesus Christ existed, and was crucified by the romans.

look at the current time, it says AD, 3000 years ago it was BC. Christ's death reset the calender. when was the last time someone died the calendar got reset to 0 years?
>>
File: 1496614398404.jpg (141KB, 720x824px) Image search: [Google]
1496614398404.jpg
141KB, 720x824px
>>128842237
Study finds pro-quran bullshit being spread more often after Islamist scum show their true colors again and again.
>>
>>128842563
The New Testament is, quite literally a new Testament. New laws. Jew's are closer to the Old Testament than Christians are, go screech at them you autistic tard
>>
>>128845432
You couldn't exactly because the gnostic gospels are later than the canonical.

>the oldest we have" doesn't mean it's definitive
>That's basic ethics
>ethics
Wat? Of course older manuscripts are closer to the original than copies of that manuscript.

>different copies will have different errors and footnotes.
Yeah. Kind of a bummer that we don't even know in the book we should base our entire lives around what is part of that book. Too bad God is such an incompetent fuckup.
>>
>>128845627
>undeniable
No. I don't deny his existance though. Many people existed. Ironically Jesus already disproves Christianity because he was Nazarene. The messiah was announced to be Bethlehemian which is why the early christians made up the census that objectively never happened. The gospels as shitty as they are as sources anyway contain on the record lies to make Christ seem more messiahish. One would think God doesn't need to do that.
>>
File: NTinOT.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NTinOT.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>128845242
>pious fraud
well, you can prove that the new testament is divinely inspired. you can even find the 11 disciples names, and the 3 marrys hidden in code in Isaiah 53, several hundred years before the new testament is written.

there is a signature that proves the bible has a super natural origin, and its in its mathematical properties. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin

>Until his death in 1942, Ivan Panin labored continuously on the discovery of numerical patterns throughout the Hebrew language of the Old Testament and the Greek language of the New Testament, often to the detriment of his health. His conclusion was that if these patterns were implemented intentionally by man, the collaboration of all writers of the Bible—stretched over many disparate years—would be required, in addition to the condition that each of them be a mathematician of the highest order.

>In 1899 Panin sent a letter to the New York Sun challenging his audience to disprove his thesis that the numerical structure of scripture showed its divine origin.
>>
>>128845686
>copies of that manuscript.
There's no reason to believe that all copies of the gospels followed a linear narrative like that. There was no publishing house.

>Yeah. Kind of a bummer that we don't even know in the book we should base our entire lives around what is part of that book. Too bad God is such an incompetent fuckup.
That's why we have the Magisterium.
>>
>>128845627
>Christ's death reset the calender. when was the last time someone died the calendar got reset to 0 years?
No christians reset the calender. And the calender wasn't set to his death but birth. And they even got that date wrong. Also Mohammed Robespierre some Indish gurus etc. all reset the calender. The only reason you make such a non-argument is because there are no real ones
>>
>>128845627
>Tacitus' reference
>authentic
My reference to anything from War and Peace can be authentic too. In fact any reference I make is an authentic reference, as is anyone's reference.
>it is a matter of undeniable historical record that Jesus Christ existed
There is no historical reference at all. This is a problem considering it was a time of prolific writing.
>>
>>128845834
?Ironically Jesus already disproves Christianity because he was Nazarene. The messiah was announced to be Bethlehemian which is why the early christians made up the census that objectively never happened

>2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

it literally says Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and no where does it ever state he was born in Nazareth

>german education everyone
>>
>>128845900
>There's no reason to believe that all copies of the gospels followed a linear narrative like that. There was no publishing house.
Actually there was. Because after the fall of african rome greek manuscripts were everything that was available and we can clearly pin point to the first manuscript that contained this forgery and all other manuscripts that include it are baed upon this one. Maybe you should proof check your arguments beforehand.
>>
>>128844977
wasn't asking if you believe in its words in a literal sense, but rather is it relevant to you as a Christian and do you believe god created the world at all.
>>
>>128842237
The independent

Oh dear op
>>
>>128846117
>it literally says Jesus was born in Bethlehem, and no where does it ever state he was born in Nazareth
Are you literally retarded? I said it claims he's Bethlehemian. I said the reason it gives for his Bethlehemian birth despite being known as Nazaren are proven lies
>>
>>128846137
If you're insisting that the manuscripts were heavily guarded and regulated, then how did the forgery become commonplace over the original version at all?
>>
>>128844890
t. someone who has never read either
>>
File: 1495423373495.png (33KB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
1495423373495.png
33KB, 353x234px
>>128842237
>violence in the Bible
vs
>incitement to violence
>all that christian terrorism....
really makes you think....
>>
>>128842237
Reality finds violence more common among Muslims
>>
>>128842237
The Bible is more than twice as long as the Qu'ran though, and 100% of the violence is in the Old Testament
>>
>>128846512
I've read both. Just because Mohammed was a dumb nigger who didn't know what he was agreeing to doesn't mean he didn't say it in a dumb effort to seem pious.
>>
>>128842237
I thought peaceful Muslims claim that Islam was simply the next step after Christianity (Moses, Abraham, Jesus, etc are all part of Islam)? So shouldn't you be including the bible as part of their holy scriptures as well? If you are going to count the old testament as part of Christianity, you might as well do the same for Islam.
>>
>>128846457
>If you're insisting that the manuscripts were heavily guarded and regulated
Do you even know what words mean? Don't try to have an argument about a subject you don't know about. There will be other larp threads where you can get rekt on what a poor holy book the bible is.

>how did the forgery become commonplace over the original version at all?
We don't have the original version. Because christianity spread all throughout the roman empire and if one copyist marches to syria he will never have the chance in his or anybody's lifetime t get the error corrected by an Alexandrian.
It was obviously a famous story about Jesus that cursated amon christians and copyists wanted to include it. That's why some copies of Mark include it, some of Luke, some of John at a different place in the text etc.
>>
File: so close.jpg (48KB, 473x355px) Image search: [Google]
so close.jpg
48KB, 473x355px
>>128846303
>>128846303
are you literally retarded?

Nazarene is a title that has 0 to do with being born there.

refer to >>128845898

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin

>Until his death in 1942, Ivan Panin labored continuously on the discovery of numerical patterns throughout the Hebrew language of the Old Testament and the Greek language of the New Testament, often to the detriment of his health. His conclusion was that if these patterns were implemented intentionally by man, the collaboration of all writers of the Bible—stretched over many disparate years—would be required, in addition to the condition that each of them be a mathematician of the highest order.

>In 1899 Panin sent a letter to the New York Sun challenging his audience to disprove his thesis that the numerical structure of scripture showed its divine origin.

you literally have no argument.

>>128845934
man, i wish i could be this naive.

here we have 2 idiots who fundamentally disagree that Jesus was a historical character, or a work of fiction.
>>
>>128846457
The forgeries were done by the church dummy. The "guarders".
>>
File: 1496369840806.jpg (67KB, 720x741px) Image search: [Google]
1496369840806.jpg
67KB, 720x741px
>Counted based on violent words
>77k words in the Quran
>770k words in the Bible

Hmmms
>>
File: pope_koran3.gif (49KB, 258x300px) Image search: [Google]
pope_koran3.gif
49KB, 258x300px
>>128846830
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Panin

>not understanding the inhereitly impossible mathematical properites of the new testament so you have to call them a forgery.
>>
>>128845659
they are both part of the Bible.
saying "it's the old testament" doesn't remove it from the Bible.
>>
>>128846759
Nazarenian. Idk the english word but people from Nazareth. And the bible claims again and again that Christ was from Nazareth you down syndrome.
How about you address the fact that the gospel contains SEVERAL PROVEN lies to make Christ seem more messianic.
>>
>>128843451
USA is also soon to have more Mexicans than Mexico.
>>
>>128846687
then you should know that the Quran is as much of an extension of the Bible as some /mlp/ dickcheese writing himself into the cartoon as the hero, and making an antagonists of any protagonist in the original work.
>>
>>128846759
>or a work of fiction
Wut? He is a work of fiction. So are the 12 apostles who were later used as excuses to set up various doctrines in various churches vying for power.
Nobody in "his time" ever heard of the dude. And they would have. Shit, we have writings of Julius Cesaer and even Alexander the Great who lived 3 centuries before. We also have their death masks so we know what they looked like. But nothing of Jesus.
>>
>>128846924
he was born in Bethlehem, and raised in Nazarteth

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.

22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judaea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee:

23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

herod killed all the children in bethlehem, they escaped, and returned ti Nazareth after

what is so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>128842237
>>128842401
>>128842563
>>128842634
>>128842648
>>128842670
>>128842720
>>128842984
The OT tells of the old covenant, the NT tells of the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31-32
>“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
>It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors

The OT is literally there for reference only. Jesus himself directly contradicts it many times.
>>
>>128846896
The Bible Code is huxterism. Been disproved long ago.
>>
>>128847157
then each one of them must have been a mathematician of the greatest proportions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbaJfRwYxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYwLvtnoyc

just watch part 2 if you don't want the long introduction its about 20 minutes.
>>
>>128846701
>We don't have the original version.
Well then theoretically that should make the whole "this is the definitive manuscript without the adulteress story so we know it's fake" point you kept going on about moot.
>>
>>128847165
>what is so hard to understand about that?
You're not engaging what I say you mong. Just saying you're wrong doesn't mean you're right.
I know the bible claims he was born in Bethlehem stop quoting the bible at me like it refutes me. The point is still that the explanation the bible gives WHY he was born in bethlehem despite being known as Nazaren is a proven lie and so is the explanation they give why Jesus comes to Nazareth (infanticide).
>>
>>128847323
Where is this so called proof?
>>
>>128847173
wrong. Jesus contradicts the laws of the old ways, not the old testament itself.
the old testament is as much the word of god as is the new testament, but we aren't bound by the old laws.

it's not hard to understand.

again, the book of genesis is in the old testament. to say it's simply for reference purposes only is wrong. you should read the entirety of the Bible.
>>
>>128847285
No it doesn't because claiming it was part of the original and then immediately got removed and the copyists decided to just fuck with it because they have no respect for the text
is an absolutely preposterous claim compared to people wanted to include this beautiful story of Jesus they knew and just wrote it in where it seemed fit.

>point you kept going on about moot
Since my point is precisely that we don't know what the original text said which is a deadbeat argument against any holy text and the whole stuff with this story being a forgery just making a case for that, I would say it's very valid.
>>
>>128847487
>wrong. Jesus contradicts the laws of the old ways, not the old testament itself.

You're an idiot.
>>
>>128842251
Are you a bot? You cannot be here 24/7 in every thread?
>>
>>128847460
That there was no census around the time and that there are no records of any mass infanticide. The oldest gospel doesn't even include his birth.
>>
>>128847157
Even atheists admit Jesus existed, dude. The myth theory has been thoroughly debunked. Jesus of Nazareth did exist the only point of contention is whether or not he was divine.
>>
>>128845050
lmao how mad do you have to be to stay mad at tim heidecker for pointing out your stupidity
>>
File: dis.jpg (26KB, 230x346px) Image search: [Google]
dis.jpg
26KB, 230x346px
>>128847226
>work of a harvard PHD in mathematics is hexterism, and been disproved

man, i wish I could be this blind, the world must be so amazingly dull for you

you can easily prove that the bible has origins outside of space and time because it writes history before it happens. Alexander the great recieved a discourse on Daniel 8, that made a prohpecy that he would conquer persia, and his empire would split into 4 parts. Cyrus received a letter with his name on it from Isaiah 44-45 which was written 150 years before his birth.

>>128847157
I really wnat you to take a step back and understand that there are people in this thread who aren't christian who understand he was a real figure. and in your Zeitgeist zealous you're trying to argue that he isn't a real person despite the fact everything in zeitgesit has been proven to be counterfeit information

>So are the 12 apostles who were later used as excuses to set up various doctrines in various churches vying for power.

yes, Catholicism is a politlical system of power.

>>128847323
> The point is still that the explanation the bible gives WHY he was born in bethlehem despite being known as Nazaren is a proven lie and so is the explanation they give why Jesus comes to Nazareth (infanticide).

this has to be the biggest non-argument I've ever seen in my life.

I was born in Reno, but I spent my life from 2 years old to 20 something in newyork. If i went to a a city in montana, i may be called a new yorker.
>>
>>128842507
>>128847750
I'd rather live in Rome in 200AD than in any Muslim country in 2017. Sucking Tim's cock also asserts what a fucking moron you must be.
>>
>>128842237
Just books written by humans with a lot of fairy tales in it.
The difference is that the christians stopped crusading and bringing religion to you using violence, while ahmed and his friends still live like its 1240, puppets all of them
>>
>>128847862
>this has to be the biggest non-argument I've ever seen in my life.
So you just have no interest in honest discussion because you know christianity is indefensible bullshit got it.

>bible claims jesus' parents went to bethlehem because census
>census didn't happen
>NON-ARGUMENT

People didn't travel that much in ancient times. And censuses didn't require someone to get t his place of birth. Everything about this story is a lie. Objectively. There is no ground for arguing there.
>>
>>128843428
Ils testament was given to the Israël trine. Not Christians. Some laws (10 commandements for example) were given to teach them how to please and worship God.
No laws from the old testament need to be followed by Christians today. When Jésus died on the cross he put an end to the old laws.
>Roman 10.4 For Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
>Galatians 3.23 Now before faith came, we were imprisoned and guarded under the law until faith would be revealed.
>Ephesians 2.15 He has abolished the law with its commandments and ordinances, so that he might create in himself one new humanity in place of the two, thus making peace,

In place of the old testament Law, Christians follow the Law of Christ
>Galatians 6.2 Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.

>Matthew 22.37-39 He said to him, ‘ “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.”
>This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: “You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.’

That's the 2 laws that Christians need to follow are to love the lord out for Android to love one another
>Matthew 22.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.’

But that doesn't mean that Christians should not refer to the old testament. Since it contrains instructions on how to love for and his neighboor. But it is unfair to say that Christians follow the old testament.
About the 10 commandements, 9 are repeated on the new (shabbat is the one exclusif, Christians are not doing shabbat)
Old testament was for the Israël tribe. New testament is for the universe.

Please educate yourself.
>>
>>128847602
I'm not x 2
>>
>>128847867
bro if you supported trump you literally cant call anyone a moron. I can call you a retard though and it would be justified
>>
>>128847487
>you should read the entirety of the Bible.
Nothing wrong with trying to read the whole bible, but it's a difficult task and there is a *lot* of writings on trivial shit like the Minchah rituals and measuring cubits of the desert Ark's sanctuary tapestries and shit, and it really drags on and doesn't have the same life value the New Testament has. Not saying it's not divine, but it's really boring reading not at all relevant to today like Jesus' teachings.

>>128847609
You keep going on about "the oldest gospel" as this objective source and then in >>128847535 you literally say "my point is precisely that we don't know what the original text said" when that's good for your argument. You keep shifting goalposts depending on who you're replying to.
>>
>>128847901
I dont think you know what the crusades were bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo
>>
>>128842237
oh so muslims are just genetically murderous subhumans?
>>
>>128842237
>Study finds 'Violence more common' in Bible than Quran

Good, Christians need to return to it and force their will onto the dogs of Islam.
>>
>>128848110
>Please educate yourself.
Please read what I'm saying before you try to stroke your ego

>But that doesn't mean that Christians should not refer to the old testament.
Thanks for agreeing with me?
>>
>>128842237
And yet you don't see Christians beheading people in the name of the Bible. or blowing themselves up for God.
the fuck outta here
>>
>>128842237

The Old Testament isn't considered the bible you dirty fucking kike!
>>
>>128848160
The oldest gospel is Mark we're not talking about manuscripts here but first writting of the texts.
You just conflate two different issues.
>>
Fucking blue-pilled Christcucks need to GTFO of /pol/. Real /pol/ will never support a Jew on a stick.
>>
>>128848251

But when we do may God have us all on the same page. So we can wipe the libshit commie and kike niggers from the face of the earth!
>>
>>128842237
>what is the new testament

fucking retards. of course the old testament is fucking violent, good thing the new testament is there to make it overall peaceful.
>>
>>128842237

I took a look at the pic:

A Mormon Bible
>Not Christian at all

An Amahdiya Quran
>Not Muslim at all
>>
>>128848151
>being this much of a butthurt communist nigger monkey he mentions irrelevant bullshit after outing himself as a complete mouthbreathing retard
keep sucking Tim's dick though, stupid
>>
>>128848151
Trump is doing pretty well so far

Looking forward to the wall
>>
>>128842469
It is based on the old testament, but the new testament generally overrides any contradictions
>>
>>128847581
do you even understand the difference between "laws" and a "testament"? cause it's pretty apparent you don't.
>>
Oh shit you got us

I guess i should just toss my King James and start fucking goats now.
>>
>>128842237
It's there so when the time to kill Mudslimes and da Jews come we have something to go by.
>>
>>128848456
if there even are any contradictions that is.
>>
>>128847487
I am 100% sure that when he says "contradicts the old testament" he means "contradicts the rules laid down in the old testament," not the authority of the document itself. This is semantics, he basically agrees with you. It is the OLD testament for a reason.
>>
>>128842237
(((study)))
>>
>>128848464
I think it's pretty apparent YOU don't.
The new Testament is a new covenant with God, you fucking moron. Every post itt you've made is stupid shit that shows you don't know anything you are talking about but insist to keep talking anyway.
>>
>>128848464
I really hope you're trolling right now.

No really, you're an idiot.
>>
>>128848160
like I said before, the new testament echoes the old and the prophesies do too.

to understand the new testament fully you should read the old. events repeat themselves.
>>
>>128842237
>Old Testament
So you're telling me the Jews are the bad guys? Nice observation sodomite...
>>
Look at all these fucking servile cucks bowing down before a Jew on a stick. Get back to GLP and FreeRepublic, you inbred hicks.
>>
>>128842345
The quran never changed, unlike the bible every year
>>
>>128848536
i know it's a new covenant with God, and you're the moron.

why would you think i don't believe that because i know that God thinks you shouldn't just ignore the old testament or simply reference it when you feel like it?

God intended for it to always be relevant. that's why it's in the fucking Bible in the first place.
>>
>>128842237
We are in a war between islam and zion get woke here
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-physical-scientific-proof-that-Jews-were-gassed-to-death-in-Nazi-concentration-camps/answer/Damian-Graves
>>
Ill just tell you to read proverbs 26 verses 4 and 5 again. Read it OP. That is my dilemma and that is why people probably should not respond to you. You have already made up your mind.

4Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. 5Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.
>>
>>128848648
I'm an atheist and I'm educating you fucking morons on the Bible you bogan cunt
>>
>>128848557
great argument Brussel sprout.
>>
>>128843240
Yes, it is the norm for hotels in my country to have a copy of the new testament lying in every room.
They also sell the new testament on it's own everywhere they sell the complete bible.
Personally I prefer the bible 2. as the old one is written in a style that can make even the most violent and/or decadent situations seem incredibly boring.
>>
>>128842237
This is so intellectually dishonest. The flaw in this is that the study will be used as a form of Islamic apologism. What people making this point will fail to understand is that depiction of violence does not equal justification of violence. It's also a non argument to the millions of people worldwide who take offence to Islam but are not Christian.
>>
>>128848733

God loves you and I love you too, man. I mean it. How can I help you?
>>
>>128848477
you should toss out your king James out of principle and get a new American standard Bible.
>>
>>128842237
>I want to make very clear that we have not set out to prove or disprove that Islam is more violent than other religions.
Anyone would think that something being mentioned more doesn't equate to encouraging it.
>>
>>128848445
impeachment start ups are tomorrow ;)

>>128848417
i didn't mention anything irrelevant. I mentioned that if you supported trump you were retarded and i dont think its that hard of a thing to argue.
>>
>>128842237
Oh so its clear now why those boodthirsty jews and christians blow up themseves in arab countries.Oh wait, its not.
>>
/pol/ is an irreverent, red-pilled board. We don't turn the other cheek here, cucks. We name the Jew and have no time for your Jewish fairy tales. We will gas all Christcucks.
>>
File: Sweden Yes.png (436KB, 682x704px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden Yes.png
436KB, 682x704px
>>128848648
Atheists are the cucks who are destroying every country they inhabit. Once you get a critical mass of them they start turning their country into Sweden because atheists are uniquely susceptible to liberal brainwashing
>>
>>128848714
>God intended for it to always be relevant
"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear." - Hebrews 8:13

Just kill yourself. Just disembowel yourself and record it on camera for this entire thread to watch so you can spare of us of your fucking stupidity on this earth any longer.
>>
>>128848884
increasingly nervous man says for the 15th time this year.
>>
>>128848929
nice edge friend. I sure am glad trump added these autists to this board.
>>
>>128848884
Dude, are you just going to keep sucking Tim's dick for the remainder of the thread to show how it doesn't effect you to be laughed at and called stupid?
>>
>>128848929
How do you plan on that when 90% of your atheist friends are green voting anti-fa scum?
>>
>>128842237
>But the jews LOVE Christianity!
>it's their greatest weapon!
>>
>>128849015
Comey didn't testify 15 times this year ;)

>>128849035
tim is a pioneer in comedy whether you like it or not. hes also smarter than you because you voted for trump lmao
>>
>>128849058
You're an atheist and you're not green voting anti-fa scum so maybe there is no causation
>>
>>128848990
are you purposefully obtuse or how can you repeatedly misunderstand despite it being spelt out for you?

relevant =/= bound by the old laws
relevant = it is as important to read, understand and comprehend as the rest of the Bible.

how the fuck can you fully appreciate the sacrifice God made for you if you don't understand what the world was like before it happened?

>just kill yourself
no Satan, go spread your false teachings elsewhere.
>>
>>128842469
Isaiah 53King James Version (KJV)

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Reread Isaiah 53, I don't think you have read enough scripture with understanding if you believe the Old Covenants and the New are unconnected.
>>
File: 1486296734104.png (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486296734104.png
150KB, 500x500px
>>128849172
I'm Orthodox Christian
>>
File: 20170607_121248.jpg (376KB, 742x1162px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_121248.jpg
376KB, 742x1162px
>>128849137
haaaaaahahahahaha
>>
File: arthur.jpg (339KB, 1056x1358px) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
339KB, 1056x1358px
>>128847862

keep going
>>
>>128849137
>tim is a pioneer in comedy
So you are completely unabashed about your mental retardation?
>>128849185
Nice headcanon you've backpedaled up, there, tardo.
>>
>>128848884
>repeating what the thoughtbox told you
nice one drone, I hope they'll engrave it in your epitaph
>>
>>128848321
The gospels were written for different audiences. Mark was writing with the Romans in mind to win their affection over the pagan pantheon. He would've cared fuck all about writing the exact time Jesus was born. And it isn't like the four gospels bounced off of each other and followed the lead of whichever one subjectively came first. The writers went out in different directions.
>>
Much of what is in the Old Testament, are instructions to specific peoples. The Levitical Laws for instance were not to Gentiles they were to a specific people. In the Gospels though where do you think you would find any commandment for followers of Christ to harm others or their neighbors?
>>
>>128849266
I'm Lutheran. And atheist. Like you.
>>
>>128842237
Common maybe but it doesn't encourage you to it.
>>
>>128849409
>And it isn't like the four gospels bounced off of each other and followed the lead of whichever one subjectively came first
Blatant lie. The synoptical gospels are based upon Mark
>>
>>128848884
Oh shit the "impeachment start ups"

That'll make the next 7 1/2 years of Trump more interesting
>>
>>128845190
>when you realise you share a board with mental infants
Wew lad

Question
>if someone tells you it's raining cats and dogs, do you expect to see animals falling from the sky?
>>
>>128849354
where's the head canon? o wait, there isn't any. you built up a straw man by trying to say i said we're bound by the old covenant, and after it fell away you've got nothing.

you are purposefully misleading people that the old testament is completely irrelevant.

please tell me how you can tell others to only read the new testament and feel that God would be happy with you.
>>
>>128849185
You really are dumb aren't you?

Best part is, you seem to think you're smart and/or knowledgeable. It's pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>128849577
>it's not backpedaling, i simply changed my argument rendered what you said into a strawman :)
lol
>>
>>128842237
In the bible you have indeed stories about violence yes. But the koran encourage you to commit violence. The koran is a whole different monster, it's all about the nonbelievers and they have to burn or stoned to death.
>>
>>128849750
Is English your first language?
>>
>>128849669
>I have nothing of value to say
>no counter argument
>no logic
>no reasoning
>not even any cherry picked scripture to take out of context and try and prove my point
>I'll just call him stupid

why even bother?
>>
>>128849577
>you are purposefully misleading people that the old testament is completely irrelevant.

"it's there for reference" =/= "it's completely irrelevant"

You never should have touched that keyboard. And now you backed yourself into a corner, whimpering like a dumbass.
>>
>>128849750
quote what i backpedaled on then, cause I've said the same thing since the beginning.

it's not my fault you are illiterate.
>>
>>128842583
>newfag calling someone redditor
eeeeeeee
>>
>>128849799
>I'm now fully agreeing with you, but I'll just pretend I BTFO you

Stop cyber bullying yourself.
>>
>>128842237
First...
>Tom (((Anderson)))
>(((Odin))) software
Its always a Nordcuck shilling for Islam

Second...
>analyzed English version of the Quran
English versions are notoriously watered down to deceive the kafir. Some of the English translations are outright bullshit...go look up David Wood.
>>
>>128842237
Fake. But I wish muslims weren't so stupid and christians such idiots that they could join forces and destroy the degenerate "democracies" and stop the faggotry, baby murdering, communism, usury and dick-chopping
>>
>There's more violence in the Bible
>Muslims are still more violent
Let the almond bamboozlement commence. Check 'em.
>>
>>128842237
so that explains all the christian terrorism in the western world today
>>
>>128842237
Matthew 7:16
It's not just the level of violence, but how that violence is used, portrayed and sent to the world as a message. Also, the God of the old testament had to deal with people who were tribalistic and barbaric in a different way than how He dealt with the people who lived at the time of the new testament, and there's also the new covenant versus the old one.

>>128842469
I'd say we still use it, but in light of the new covenant, hence why we don't follow the same rules of the Jewish people when it comes to things which are for us now so outlandish and not in use as part of our faith or traditions anymore.

>>128842473
>violence is determined by the words referenced rather than their contexts
This!
>>
>>128849865
you've not said anything agreeable, but you can pretend all you want like you pretend the old testament is irrelevant.
>>
>>128842237
The bible could be nothing but violence, it wouldnt matter.

The problem is the Koran is the LITERAL word of God, showing the world the last religion. If the Koran says behead the kuffar then that is GOD telling you that the kuffar must be beheaded. You cant argue with that, you cant say God was wrong. If you do the whole religion and text crumbles.

Herein lies the problem with Islam. Why we're still discussing this is beyond me.
>>
File: ComeyTestimony.png (136KB, 608x338px) Image search: [Google]
ComeyTestimony.png
136KB, 608x338px
>>128849283
hahaha just google comey testimony hahaha

>>128849354
more retarded shit hahahaha. hes literally the reason ironic humor caught on in the mainstream but keep thinking because he hates trump he isnt a funny guy

>>128849381
>trump does 101+ retarded things
>still thinks liberals are drones and not just smarter than you

hahaha oh wow

>>128849554

hahahaha!
>>
>>128849518
Not quite.
>>
>>128849976
It's pretty damn irrelevant, but not completely.
As I said, it's there for reference.

This is pretty much what you're saying now, too.

Congratulations, you're a slimy fuck who spins around trying to catch his nose between his buttcheeks.
>>
>>128848990
>>>128848714 (You)
>>God intended for it to always be relevant
>"By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear." - Hebrews 8:13
>Just kill yourself. Just disembowel yourself and record it on camera for this entire thread to watch so you can spare of us of your fucking stupidity on this earth any longer.
>>128849807
you said it's there for reference, not him. he said it's irrelevant because we've made a new covenant. you take it lightly, you're not as retarded as he is, but still retarded.

it's more than just to refer to, you need to understand it in order to understand the new.
>>
>>128842237
Quran includes all violence that is shown in the bible, added to this the muslim violence somehow makes it less violent.
Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1495794459613.png (3MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495794459613.png
3MB, 2000x1600px
>>128848571
A visual aid.
>>
>>128842237
Yea, but both new testament and old testament still are part of Islam, so it adds up doesn't it?
>>
File: 1493225570720.gif (3MB, 350x455px) Image search: [Google]
1493225570720.gif
3MB, 350x455px
>>128850077
he could testify he ate potatoes for dinner, who gives a flying fuck. it's the content of the testimony that matters, not the testimony itself. and we already know he's not going to testify that trump obstructed justice.

eat shit you loser.
>>
File: ancients.jpg (228KB, 750x449px) Image search: [Google]
ancients.jpg
228KB, 750x449px
>>128848045
>So you just have no interest in honest discussion because you know christianity is indefensible bullshit got it.

watch this

>I was born in Reno, but I spent my life from 2 years old to 20 something in newyork. If i went to a a city in montana, i may be called a new yorker.

here's an argument to counter your non-argument and I'l provide you with another example.

I was born germany, at 2 I moved to america. at 25 I moved to korea, the koreans would call me an american

>>bible claims jesus' parents went to bethlehem because census
>census didn't happen
>NON-ARGUMENT

yes. someone being born in Bethlehem, and raised in Nazareth for the majority of his life is a reason why he would be called Nazarene. there are also arguments of that its part of Old testament prophecy

there is historical context that Herod did kill all the children of Bethlehem, the man was a dick. and killed 300 military generals

On one occasion, in 7 BC, he had 300 military leaders executed (Antiquities 16:393-394; LCL 8:365). On another, he had a number of Pharisees executed in the same year after it was revealed that they predicted to Pheroras’ wife [Pheroras was Herod’s youngest brother and tetrarch of Perea] “that by God’s decree Herod’s throne would be taken from him, both from himself and his descendents, and the royal power would fall to her and Pheroras and to any children they might have” (Antiquities 17:42-45; LCL 8:393)

>>128849565
>when you realise you share a board with mental infants
>the ancients were mental infants
>homer who thought the earth was a flat disc was a metan infant
>only mental infants will ever study the differences between geocentric and heliocentric cosmology and earh that one of them is a lie.

Question
>if someone tells you it's raining cats and dogs, do you expect to see animals falling from the sky?

Question answer
>if someone tells you the holocaust happened, do you expect to see the ashes and corpses of 6 million dead jews?
>>
>>128842469
>>>128842563 >>128842634 >>128842648 >>128842670 >>128842720 >>128842984 >>128848456 >>128849232 >>128849969
Jesus overrides the old testamen, you can say what you want, Jesus is the most important in Christianity and
his stance on violence is clear.

Also Jesus was not jewish and the jews where a mixed folk, not pure in the slighest.
>>
>>128850320
hahaha he will probably talk about obstruction of justice hahaha
>>
>>128850162
>you said it's there for reference
Indeed.

Just like you're saying now.
>>
>>128850077
>thinks comey is trustworthy
>thinks tim heidecker is funny
>reddit spaces all his posts
>thinks he is smarter than anyone itt
>>
>>128850398
>>
>>128850378
>Jesus overrides the old testament

This.
>>
>>128850077
I understand that you're from the participation ribbon generation, but you're going to be feeling some actual daily disappointment for the next few presidential terms. Sorry to melt you, snowflake. :^)
>>
File: muslim terrorism graph.png (69KB, 1518x1023px) Image search: [Google]
muslim terrorism graph.png
69KB, 1518x1023px
>>128842237
>>
>>128850378
So you never read the bible. Good to know.

But Jesus was indeed not a jew, far from it https://www.biblebelievers.org.au/jesusjew.htm
>>
New testament outrules old testament
if you add hadith to quran I bet it's more violent
>>
File: image.png (265KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
265KB, 500x333px
>>128850378
>Jesus was not jewish
>>
>>128850378
>Also Jesus was not jewish and the jews where a mixed folk, not pure in the slighest.

>jesus was not jewish

man, you make me feel like you've never read the bible.

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

by the way, Mary still comes from the line of David. and Jesus's lineage is Jewish ENTIRELY.

>Jesus overrides the old testamen, you can say what you want, Jesus is the most important in Christianity and
his stance on violence is clear.

yes, and his teachings are clearer.

17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

so yes, this means I am allowed to eat pork now since he declared it clean to eat.

will I? probably not anymore.
>>
>>128850378
I agree, I'm not saying we are tied to it, but there are parts of it which are necessary for the full fruition of the Messianic promises of the new testament.
>>
>>128843516
"Softwehr Ingenieur Thomas Edison"
>>
>>128842237
How is this working out in practice again?
>>
>>128849851
>quote what i backpedaled on then

You tried to refute "the OT is overruled" by saying "the OT is overruled".
>>
>>128850803
>17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
Literally comes up with a metaphor as argument.

Jesus was not jewish and he was not blood related to his mother.
>>
>>128850441
Comey was trustworthy to you guys when he handed you the election hahaha

you probably think sam hyde is funny without realizing almost all of what he does was influenced by tim lmao

reddit spaces lol

i know i am smarter than all of you on this board lmao. conservatives are the party of the dumb and misinformed. In history books you'll all be called uninformed and the leading cause to our destruction good job hahaha

>>128850490
nice

>>128850535
nice buzzword that you dont know the origin to lmao. Nice sentiment carried by all retarded baby boomers who handed out those participation trophies lol

its like you guys try your hardest to be as dumb as you can on a daily basis lmao
>>
>>128842237
One is a manual, and the other is a bunch of stories. Do you really think the story of Cain and Abel means you should kill your brother?
>>
>>128842237
What about the Hadith?
>>
>>128851314
No, Comey was never trustwrothy. You're lucky that losing the election is all Hillary got, she should be in prison. He wasn't trustworthy well before it came out he granted immunity to her for the destruction of all the evidence in relation to her investigation. This was well before Hillary got destroyed in the election. You're such a retarded cocksucker though you don't really care about that and will suck not just Tim "the cuck" Heideckers cock, but "Howdy Doody's" cock too. How does it taste, by the way? Like 9 year old?
>>
>>128845627
If you think the calendar reset the moment he died, you are beyond retarded. Fucking George Washington has two birthdays because the were still working on calendars.
>>
>>128850803
>17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
In his deeds he directly contradicted many elements of Mosaic law for instance. So obviously he meant something other than "Mosaic law stands!".
>>
>>128851291
>coming out of of the womb of a jew means the flesh of Christ has no blood relation to it

he confirmed the authority of the Torah

Matthew 1:1
1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Was abraham a jew?
yes
Was David a jew?
yes
does that make jesus a jew?
yes.

Hebrewsz 7:14
For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

where exactly does it state that he's not jewish.

are you a catholic or something?
>>
>>128842237
I don't care about either.
>>
>>128842237
The Quran calls for muslims to commit violence.
The bible is just stories.
>>
File: 1496786816805.jpg (3MB, 884x9788px) Image search: [Google]
1496786816805.jpg
3MB, 884x9788px
>>
>>128851860
>not understanding how mosaic law works.

he lived his entire life obeying the old testament...
>>
>>128851703
>hillary should be in prison for having a private email server that got hacked involuntarily but donald trump shouldn't be in prison for colluding with the russians voluntarily

Both investigations have stated there was no evidence to convict. Hillary's ended but trumps isnt over yet and theres a shit ton of coincidences and meetings with russian officials and his cabinet. Now a leaked NSA doc stating that russia did in fact try to hack into an election ballot company and got into some poll workers computers through fishing tactics. So much has been found on this and you still scream about hillary. You are for sure retarded and theres really no doubt about it. If you cant be critical of both parties than you should probably stop posting about anything political especially like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>128852187
... except for those times when he directly contradicted it.
>>
>>128851703
10 days before an election isnt way before but theres your misinformation again lmao
>>
>>128852430

Passages?
>>
>>128852373
>Both investigations have stated there was no evidence to convict.
Actually there was plenty of evidence to convict.

Hillary was LITERALLY guilty of a felony. It's just that Comey let her off the hook by saying "no prosecutor would bring such a case".
Which was obvious bullshit.
>>
>>128852508
>>128852430
he's probably referring to the stoning, not understanding how condemnation works in conjunction with accusation in mosaic law.
>>
Doesn't matter if it's more common, what matters is the context.
>>
>>128852654
>>128852508
Off the top of my head: the divorce thing from the sermon on the mount.
And the whole "what goes into someone's mouth does not defile him", BTFO-ing any and all dietary rules from Mosaic law.
>>
File: HillarysEmails.png (11KB, 675x85px) Image search: [Google]
HillarysEmails.png
11KB, 675x85px
>>128852605
crazy how often you guys are wrong about things you can literally just google.
>>
>>128842237

Interesting how more followers of the Koran are violent.

Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>128842237
>software engineer Tom Anderson
Who was an associate professor at the now infamous UC Berkely for five years.
That alone is cause to question his findings.
>>
>>128842237
violence DID happen in bible or quran
butt the question is : which one is still using those violences now?
which one, Jesus or muhammad tells the people to kill the unbeliever?
which one that preach love one group of people but hates other?

Jesus accept the unbeliever even the criminals if they repent or did a good deed (like a good samaritan)

muhhammed? 100% beheaded.
>>
>>128842237
That's a false study. You can't take the whole Bible, which is a compendium of books, and compare it with the Q'ran alone, which is just one book among many within Islam.

It's not the same what Mohammed wrote in Medina than what he wrote in Mecca (way more violent).
>>
hmm im certain this (((study))) is an accurate and reliable source of information
>>
>>128842237
Yet Christians aren't blowing themselves up in the name of their religion. Interesting.
>>
>>128851985
this.
stories, anecdotes, guide to life as good people
thats what bibles really are
and jesus happen as the main character
>>
>hurr durr ignore context
fun stuff
>>
IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE WEST HAS LESS VIOLENT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY'RE MORE SECULARIZED AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGIOUS TEXT

REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
>>128842237
kek, what a useless 'study', CONTEXT MATTERS

You could literally have the entire Quran filled with peaceful words yet make it the most violent book of them all, by adding a Surah at the very end which cancels all previous words and tells you to kill unbelievers no matter what, even during ramadan. Only the very last Surah matters in the Quran given context.

Oh wops, such a Surah exists ;)

"The much discussed 'verses of the sword': "... fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them, beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)" (Surah 9:5), and "... when you meet the unbeliever (in fight) cut off their necks ..." (Surah 47:5), are said to have cancelled no less than 124 verses which enjoined toleration and patience."

Who gives a shit how many times a word of violence is used when it doesn't even matter? Plus the Quran is only one book, the Hadiths are missing which contains the life of Mohammad, the life every man is supposed to follow to be a muslim. What an aboslute joke.
>>
>>128842237
Both are dumb as fuck and only believed by subhuman maggots
>>
>>128853483
>he posts with an IP of a country that's 86% Christian
It's because the Bible doesn't instruct its adherents to violently subjugate those around them.
>>
>>128852996
Comey said she was "extremely careless" in the mishandling of classified info, meaning she was guilty of a federal crime.

Period.

Comey tried to blow smoke up everyone's asses by claiming it wasn't done "with intent", but intent isn't even needed.
>>
>>128853627
I can find dozens of verses from the bible that advocate for shit that almost no practicing Christian would be in support of. But why don't Christians adhere to every single word of the bible, is it because they're dare I say, more secular in general?
>>
File: asdasdasdqwe.jpg (77KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdqwe.jpg
77KB, 600x429px
>>128842237

this stupid communist article starts like this ;

"An analysis into whether ... "

Where is the analysis stupid author ?

after that he continues with blog posts ... ok we got it dude ...BS

this is quran in the photo ... bring the hate pieces in the bible and we will continue the talk
>>
>>128853887
Oh really? Give us some examples. I'll wait. Make sure to pick the ones about violent subjugation and preferably featuring various forms of dismemberment that I'm sure exist.
>>
>>128853627
Actually it does but it is such a slave religion that it is less common. In the meantime they make us want to kill them.
>>
>>128852654
Also, I'm pretty sure condemnation under Mosaic law doesn't require a complete lack of sin on the part of the accuser, lmao.

Nice try though.
>>
>>128853599
>>128854048
What are we larping as today?
>>
>>128853887
Because the bible is not the word of God, wheras the entire Quran must be obeyed down the the very last letter because it is the words of Allah. The 10 comandments are more comparable to the words in the Quran, than the Bible as a whole is, in terms of importance.
>>
>>128853745
it wasnt done with intent lmao. I agree she did something dumb but this was and is still blown way out of proportion. nothing substantial even came from them if im remembering correctly
>>
>>128842237
I find this unlikely. the old testament tells about violence, while the quran advocates violence.
>>
>>128854808
>it wasnt done with intent lmao.

Intent is not needed for it to be a federal crime, read the fucking law.
>>
>>128854808
>it wasnt done with intent lmao.

Did you even read the law? What does "negligence" mean to you?
>>
>>128842237
(((independent)))
>>
>>128854092
>Also, I'm pretty sure condemnation under Mosaic law doesn't require a complete lack of sin on the part of the accuser, lmao.

I'm pretty sure thats how Jesus legally invalidated the accusers testimony, but OK.
>>
>>128852996
>>128853745
I bet you feel real stupid for saying "crazy how often you guys are wrong about things you can literally just google", huh?

I mean, that whole thing blew up in your face something fierce, didn't it?
>>
>>128855973
Jesus basically said you couldn't enact the punishment prescribed under Mosaic law unless you were yourself free of sin.
Or at least the first person to throw was.

Preeeeeetty sure that's not an original requirement under Mosaic law.
>>
>>128855169
>>128855430
yea guys i get it she broke the law by being a geriatric fuck who doesn't understand how technology works ok but it still doesn't change the fact that the head of the head of the FBI excused her because they couldnt find anything. i dont understand why it would even be a good idea with tensions this high country wide to lock up an opposing candidate who did less than the president now lmao

>>128856006
no it didnt because it didnt change anything. Your candidate and my second choice both broke the law, one doing it intentionally having the biggest scandal in US history the other not doing it intentionally and having 30,000 emails leaked that havent amounted to anything at all. You are still the dumb one here lmao
>>
Religion of peace
>>
>>128856305
>by being a geriatric fuck who doesn't understand how technology works
So you agree that she was no only a felon, but also extremely unfit to hold public office.

>it didnt change anything
But you claimed she wasn't guilty of a felony. Which she was.
>>
>>128856305
>the head of the FBI excused her

That's not how it works. The FBI is supposed to present its findings to the AG.
>>
>>128856480

I think the guy's a shill. Notice the disarming "lmao", "Clinton is old and doesn't get computers", and other CTR-tier propaganda.

Just ignore him.
>>
>>128856647
This.
And even then his recommendation is non-binding.
But Lynch covered her ass in advance by saying she'd follow Comey's recommendation.

The whole thing was such a fucking shitshow.
My jaw was on the floor when he listed all her literal felonies and then recommended against prosecution.
>>
>>128844360
This clearly not the the same you aussie fag.
>>
>>128842237
bible is like going to the theater and watching a violent movie

Quran is like going to the theater and watching a violent movie and movie directly telling you: "you the viewer, when the movie is over and get outside tell people outside to watch the movie, if they refuse, kill them and behead them."

There's a fucking difference don't you think? You retarded liberal whore.
>>
>>128856787
>>128856480
not a shill just common sense. hillary is an awful person and a worse candidate but man was she 100x better than trump. I think trump is even more unfit. she isnt guilty of a felony lmao. she would have been i guess? but she wasnt
>>128856647
>>128856795
you mean the one felony of not understanding how computers work lmao
>>
>>128844360
>New Testament: You will be killed for your beliefs

That's literally not what the NT says.

Lemme guess: you were raised nonreligious?
>>
>>128857171
Literally a felony, yes.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.