[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If automation replaces blue collar jobs and AI replaces white

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 39

File: ai.jpg (25KB, 640x335px) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
25KB, 640x335px
If automation replaces blue collar jobs and AI replaces white collar jobs then is a basic income the only humane option left for humans? What are the alternatives?
>>
Nigger, the only reason they'd ever institute UBI is to get idiots like you to let your guard down as they prepare mass liquidations of the population.
>>
>>128745984
kill all humans
>>
watching ads for satoshi
>>
>>128745984
anything AI and robots cant do
>>
>>128746186

Rude.
>>
>>128745984
It would be but it probably won't happen. More likely its just going to be a benign neglect filled with social wellfare Programs slowly rotting away the working class until non-existance.
>>
>>128746443
You need your retarded illusions like UBI rudely shattered.
Also, fuck automation, oh boy we can make dildoes more efficiently now, what progress for humanity!
>>
>>128746398

yeah, but what cant ai and robots do in 20-30 years? what happens post-singularity?
>>
>>128745984
Get a fucking job.. there will never be a time in your life where the government give you full salary for sitting and shit posting on 4chan.
>>
>having a job that a machine or computer could do in your lifetime

git gud skrub.

t. liability adjuster
>>
>>128746695
that came out wrong..
>there will never be a time in your life where the government give you full salary for sitting and shit posting on 4chan.
should have been
>there will never be a time in your life where the government give you full salary for doing nothing.
>>
>>128745984
Eugenics is the solution. Sub-100 IQ will be completely obsolete in 50 years.
>>
>>128746645
>post-singularity
Techno-Jesus isn't coming to deus ex machina humanity to salvation.
>>
>>128746618
Boy you're dumb huh? That's exactly how the market works you fucking idiot. Efficiency is always pursued, as is new technology. Better sack up and get used to it right now before your shitty stem degree is totally worthless
>>
>>128746645
>but what cant ai and robots do in 20-30 years?
most things
>>
>>128746827
And then 10 years later sub 110. 10 years after that sub 125 will be obsolete. Etc etc
>>
>>128745984

>what are the alternatives?

Mass genocide.

Seriously, do you think the most wealthy ppl will sacrifice a huge chunk of $$$ to support NEETs like you or will they just turn their droid army on you and reduce the strain on the planet by like 95% and create a rich prick paradise? Which sounds more plausible?
>>
>>128746254
that's the plan my pal
>>
>>128745984
Recently I've read an interesting article from a Hungarian newspaper from the 60's, it was an interview with a scientist about what the future holds.

Obviously, most of it was communist bullshit, but there was one interesting though:

When the scientist was asked about complete automation, he responded:

"Humanity grew to adulthood, let's not degrade it back to powerless infancy."

In other words, the question about complete automation is not "can we?" but "should we?".
>>
>>128746877
humanity will be passed by ai, and we will progress onwards
>>
>>128746800
>>
>>128746827
not really
robots are nowhere near replacing maids/gardeners
>>
>>128747187
(((study)))
>>
>>128747069
>do you think the most wealthy ppl will sacrifice a huge chunk of $$$ to support NEETs like you or will they just turn their droid army on you
Well if the past 100 years of failed counter-insurrectionary wars are any indication, it probably WILL be cheaper and easier to do UBI
>>
>>128746984
I'm not too worried, increased complexity always mean increased problems. Technological society will suffer cascading failures well before full automation and hard AIs, especially on the path its taking.
>>
>>128747040
ill be good for a long time then
>>
>>128747296
Why would they pay you to do nothing though?
If I am paying you I can always find some bullshit for you to do
>>
>>128747172
>humanity will be passed by ai
I highly doubt it.
>>
>>128747192
In 50 years, they will have, yes.
And by that point we might not even be human anymore ourselves.
>>
>>128747192
>over 50% of society will be maids and gardeners
>>
>>128747556
>In 50 years, they will have, yes.
keep telling yourself this
>>
>>128745984
Depending on your government.
you might get >>128746186

I don't think basic income should be a thing, rather the expenses would decrease into nothing and the economy would slowly, and very peacefully collapse.

After the economy is dead, we can make a new system where people have access to free basic resources, like food, clothes, shelter etc., but improving your condition will depend on your efforts.

It would allow people to be a hell of a lot more creative with their time. Social events will become more complex, art will flourish, people will compete with ideas, etc., and a new economy based on concepts, ideas, and well crafted items, that will keep us all busy.
>>
>>128747601
I never said that
But theoretically if I am already paying you to do nothing then why not?
>>
>>128746984
>the market will keep seeking ways to remove jobs therefore remove disposable income and available income to buy said products that were streamlined
the market exists because of jobs created from it, once they start taking jobs away the market wont be a market anymore
robot workers is just globalist bullshit to enslave us, does anybody here know how economies work? its so fucking simple.
>>
>>128746186
This.
>>
>>128747470
Doing nothing will be the most efficient use of your time to an employer that relies on automation. Inserting a human into a automated pipeline essentially undoes all of the benefits of having automation in the first place. You're not going to be any better, any faster, any more efficient than a machine. You're going to be the biggest point of failure in the chain, probably by a factor of 1000.

Maybe you'll be better at sucking dick or something, but that's about it. And if you're an elite, would you want a blowjob from some poor smelly faggot?
>>
File: 1496686065759.jpg (144KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496686065759.jpg
144KB, 768x768px
>>128745984
>What is the industrial revolution and why are there still jobs
This automation bullshit is a meme pushed by Silicon Valley leftists like Cuckberg to push UBI.

>Probable Cuckberg shills
S A G E
A
G
E
>>
>>128745984
>is a basic income the only humane option left for humans?

Basic income doesn't fix the problem of overpopulation.

Automation and AI only fix the problems of drudgery and the limits of computation, they can't fix the fact that we have finite resources and a finite population.

All of our current economic models are based on unlimited growth, which is wholly unsustainable.

UBI can only work when there is a very small population (less than 500M worldwide) and even then you have the problem of humans needing a purpose.
>>
>>128745984
Exploration of the universe is what is next after that. I suspect that people end up returning to a agricultural and frontier way of life well most people. that or the technocrats will reduce the population which will lead to the end of humanity eventually.
>>
>>128747869
Why do people buy paintings when photographs are superior and cheaper?
If people have money they will spend it on hand crafted items for status
>>
>>128747671
literally all thats needed is a better source of power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7xvqQeoA8c
>>
>>128745984
Reduction of human population to 500 million:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
>>
>robots take jobs
>everyone gets sacked
>people get mad
>form criminal organizations with their endless free time
>theft becomes a major issue with thieve's guilds around every corner
>people get more angry
>revolution
>storm workplaces
>destroy any machines that can be replaced by a human
>kill owners
>communist revolution
>>
>>128748217
And AI that can adapt to an unlimited amount of custom tasks
>>
>>128748543
cleaning and watering plants isnt that hard though

i wouldnt trust them to raise kids or anything i guess
>>
>>128748513
You forgot:
>in 20 years you have a failed state
>>
>>128748185
People don't. Elites do, and it's a status symbol as it is. Now imagine that handcrafting bullshit is the only activity you and everyone else are competitive at. Suddenly, everyone is doing it. Those handcrafted items require resources, which you need to buy from one of the elites to begin with. Is it cost effective anymore on a market where everyone is going for the same supplies and the same kinds of items, just with a different skin on it?

Check out Etsy to see what kind of scraps you'll be able to make.
>>
Yes, UBI is an inevitability.
It's being tested currently in Finland.
It's going to let people scrape by the very bare minimum, but it's going to keep them alive.

>>128747897

>Muh industrial revolution
Humans were still needed a whole lot.
This time around it's going to be closer to what happened to horse drawn carriages when cars arrived.
Horses even today have jobs and a purpose, but they're extremely specialized.
They're not doing the grunt jobs like they used to, because they're completely obsolete.
Same will happen with automation.
The grunt tier jobs are going to start disappearing and you're not going to be reeducating those masses to work as coders.
There's no magical job market that's going to pop out from behind the corner when automation hits, because the new jobs are all going to require some level of education.
>>
>>128748788
>People don't
Why do people go to concerts when the sound quality of recorded music is superior?
>Check out Etsy to see what kind of scraps you'll be able to make.
Deflation will solve this problem
>>
>>128748185
>Why do people buy paintings

Paintings are an easy way of laundering money
>>
build a bunch of pyramids for income
>>
>>128747811
>>They
>>Implies that individual companies within the free market will give a fuck about the macroeconomic consequences of their collective decisions
>>Implies that the market for a product consists only of the people making the product and not a vastly more dispersed group of the population
Because the only people who buy a Volkswagen are people working for Volkswagen therefore firing people will directly impact our customer base right?
>>
>>128749013
Your average person doesn't even go to concerts. Going to festivals or to see Bruce Springsteen is already a luxury that most people would not be able to afford to do with any regularity. And what, we're all going to be singers?

>Deflation will solve this problem
Sure it will.
>>
>>128748683
Yup, that to.
Then we build a new democracy and start over.
>>
>>128745984

If everyone has money, nobody has money.
>>
>>128745984
UBI is gay. Just get rid of the parasites and lower the cost of living. Done.
>>
>>128749066
plenty of middle class people pay a few hundred dollars for paintings
>>
>>128745984
No need for humans at that point anymore senpai
>>
>>128749231
>Your average person doesn't even go to concerts.
maybe in poortugal
>>
Call me stupid but I don't get the idea that automation will replace most of the jobs. Lets say it happens and 90% of the workforce is suddenly unemployed. For whom will the robots produce goods? For the unemployed living on welfare? Sounds pretty fucking absurd.
>>
I'm becoming a nurse because that job will never become automated
>>
>>128746186
FPBP
>>
>>128749563
>For whom will the robots produce goods?
the elite. never underestimate how much you can consume
>>
>>128746802
depends how to define "full salary" I mean if you're talking about enough money to live a comfortable middle or upper class lifestyle you're probably right, but there are already places doing Universal Basic Income trials and offering better-than-welfare amounts of money. It's still not a lot, but there are a few small cities in Canada trying it now, offering about ~$17,000/year and apparently increasing it to 20-24k/year on the next trial. My own monthly expenses are about $1400/month and I live comfortably, so I'd just barely be able to live off that $17k/year UBI without changing my lifestyle at all, just wouldn't have any savings.
>>
>>128749802
>never underestimate how much you can consume
the same marxists that are pushing for UBI are the ones complaining about rich people "hoarding money"
>>
>>128745984
>What are the alternatives?
A slow and agonizing death for those too stupid to figure out a way of making money like it should have always been.
>>
>we cant have assembly lines because artisans will lose their jobs!
this is what you sound like if you "dont believe" in automation or whatever. it's GONNA happen, you better accept it now and figure out you're role in an economy based not on survival needs but more complex social phenomena like humor, art, music, irony, metaphor and other conceptual constructs that robots can't reproduce.
>>
>>128745984
robots just will be superior and we will lose meaning in life, there will be mass suicides, only feminine social jobs will remain.
>>
>>128747040
that not true to the end, being social will be more valuable in robot age, high IQ people are autistists
>>
>>128745984
Universal Basic Income terrifies me
permanent welfare
entirely dependent on the state
contract the jobs market
cut UBI payments incrementally
no way to sustain yourself
no way to opt out
generations pass
youngens know no different
this is their normal
technocratic neo-feudalism
total slavery worldwide
the new age is the dark age
>>
>>128750828
big bad future so scawwy. much better to just chop wood for 10 hours a day and then die from the flu
>>
>>128745984
The general idea is that once human labor gets replaced by automation goods become abundant and available to everyone while currency useless, to a point where working is just a way to brag and gain more privileges than normal.
What is actually going to happen is that we'll turn into a dystopian nightmare where everyone's living conditions are shit because powerful people will not allow us to abandon currency and you will only allowed a minimal pittance from the state, a privileged elitè will be the only ones allowed to contribute and thus rule society, we'll go back to a stratified hierarchy and democracy will ultimately go fuck itself as even education will fall back as there will no longer be a need to teach humans and ignorant people are easier to control.
Be happy we live in the century before that happens, it's going to get a hell of lot worse in the next 50 years.
>>
>>128746645
>people think the future is going to be like a sci fi movie
maybe like mad max
>>
>>128750216
>and figure out you're role in an economy based not on survival needs but more complex social phenomena like humor, art, music, irony, metaphor and other conceptual constructs that robots can't reproduce.
phrasing like this from reddit is exactly why i hate everyone who advocates for UBI. stop acting like anyone who works at a factory is a 80 IQ moron that can't remember which way is left.

"oh dude you don't understand my metaironic musical art that's a metaphor for our conceptural constructs of conceptual constructions is like so importaant, you need to pay for it or youre a dumb rural suburban retard, you like dont understaand duudue elon muuusk"

FUCK OFF.
>>
>>128751377
>i dont like it therefore its wrong :(
hey, how about you wander off into the outback and go fuck yourself?
>>
>>128745984
if ten thousand pigs fly out of my ass with degrees in hyper-calculus can we enslave all the math teachers and use them as replacement labor in the cotton fields?
>>
>>128749563
oil is slowly disappearing and people think they are going to make robots
>>
>>128751552
how about you stop acting like a hipster in san francisco working at some obscure startup? people will not like you if you treat them like retards. i'm stunned that you haven't learned this from trump.
>>
File: ctyrwzyt.png (10KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
ctyrwzyt.png
10KB, 201x251px
>>128745984
>>
>>128751616
Plenty of oil and gas left, my grandkids will have to deal with that.
>>
>>128751616
You underestimate our industry too much, we oil runs out we just switch to solar, nuclear, coal, gas, etc. etc and start making shit that runs on electricity.
>>
>>128751738
i dont give a shit if you "like me" you inbred island dipshit. YOU responded to ME. if you dont like if you can fuck off. the trajectory of the near future is obvious, and the only thing you can do is shriek and whine like a baby. get on fucking board or shut up
>>
>>128751883
wait maybe people create steampunk robots
with a coal furnace to power them up, could be cool

it can happen guys
>>
>>128751883
we have so much oil we won't run out in the next 500 years. anyone who thinks oil is going to "disappear" doesn't understand what peak oil is. australia has hit peak coal something like 5 times now.

>>128751963
>the trajectory of the near future is obvious
yeah, because automation elon musk spacex tesla future of batteries moore's law something something i saw it on reddit, right?

technology will not automatically advance just because you say it will. you're still bounded by the laws of physics. show me an AI that actually has a proper working memory (as in an AI that can learn two things and do them both at once without retraining). show me an AI that can develop actual concepts. show me an AI that can run on 20 watts of power and can fit in a lunchbox. until then, fuck off, your "future" is a false marketing gimmick and you're embarrassing the engineers actually working on bringing the future around.
>>
>>128749007
>reeducating those masses to work as coders.
Can't educate all kids in coding either. Coding isn't something everyone is naturally adept at anymore than they are at math. Having some basic skills is not the same as having skills at a level where employers are looking for them.
>>
>>128752423
>technology will not automatically advance just because you say it will.
technology advances whether or not i say anything about it. what the fuck kind of "argument" is this? feel free to continue getting mad at me about nothing fucking moron
>>
>>128752129
Sorry anon, Coal is literally Hitler you can't use that shit or the seas will rise by over 6 millions meters.
>>
>>128752890
you see technology as magic. it's not.

"oh dude some completely vague concept i came up with called 'automation' is totally going to come soon, it will make literally all jobs except the ones i see as 'proper' ones completely useless, you better go to university and start worshipping elon musk because i said so, and remember if you disagree you're going against the inexorable march of time! educate yourself (into believing my ideology) and apologize!"

i wish you and all of your kind would just kill yourselves already. UBI is not needed, "automation" is not happening since it's a meaningless fucking buzzword you've invented to give yourself authority, and you need to go back.
>>
>>128745984
soilent green
>>
>>128753237
i didn't invent the term "automation" you fucking mong. you're retarded
>>
>>128753540
yeah, you and your dumbass friends have hijacked it.

we have been automating things since the dawn of civilization, this "deep learning AI ELON MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSK" bullshit isn't anything new. calm the fuck down and get off your high horse, we're not going to turn into star trek. in 50 years you will still have a job, and you will not have UBI. get used to it.
>>
>>128745984
Machines will replace humans, there isnt a job that humans can do that a machine cant do better including governing countries.
>>
>>128753747
>we have been automating things since the dawn of civilization
>>128753237
>"automation" is not happening
duhh durrr im a big fuckign idiot who's mad about nothing at strangers on the internet. did elon musk fuck your mom or something? the dingoeees took my bayybeeee
>>
>>128753936
okay, now you're just being intentionally dishonest. go back and beg for upvotes.
>>
>>128753912
AI is already more intelligent in many regards.
>>
>>128754064
Of course it is because it has no simian emotions to get in the way of rationality. There are already A.I that can fake empathy to manipulate humans and those are absolute retards compared to the things that will exist in the future.
>>
>>128747671
Watch. You're the fool when you're not prepared. It's gonna get much crazier, way sooner than you think.
>>
>>128745984
That would be the best option, but it won't happen. Instead, people who own automated factories and general AI production will liquidate their human staff and reap the financial rewards all for themselves. There will be a class of uber-oligarchs controlling all industries and resources, and a permanent underclass forced to submit for basic necessities like food, water and shelter.
>>
>>128753912
Let humans rule over humans.
>>
>>128753912
>there isnt a job that humans can do that a machine cant do better

Art, lawyering, doctoring, acting, writing...
>>
>>128754239
>There will be a class of uber-oligarchs controlling all industries and resources,
Not when you can mass produce guns in your own house
>>
>>128746254
unironically this
>>
>>128746186
why would they need UBI for this? they can start right now. the less money and goods and more importantly free time a population has, the more vulnerable it is to attack
>>
>>128754047
You have to go back. I believe TD has a change.org petition you need to sign or something.
>>
>>128754181
there are a lot of problems with current AI, and they're all mainly centered around the AI being extremely simple. for example, https://arxiv.org/pdf/1602.02697.pdf

>>128754408
take your trip off.
>>
>>128754283
There are already A.I that can make their own music and paintings, there isnt shit you cant do that a machine cant do better.

This must be what the horse feels like since it got replaced by cars.
>>128754251
Thats up for the A.I government to decide anon.
>>
>>128754456
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/robots-are-learning-to-fake-empathy

http://www.popsci.com/g00/scitech/article/2009-08/evolving-robots-learn-lie-hide-resources-each-other?i10c.referrer
>>
>>128754342
Guns are meaningless. We're wired to not want to violently revolt.
>>
>>128754589
>popsci and vice
mate i just linked you to a paper on attacking neural networks
>>
Robot mechanic
>>
File: deff.jpg (51KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
deff.jpg
51KB, 500x490px
>>128754476
Let's just hope the AI government doesn't decide we should all get lobotomized for better efficiency.
>>
>>128754765
It probably will since it literally cannot see you as anything other than animated matter, it could burn you alive and use the elements in your body for a projects and feel nothing.
>>
>>128745984
AI is much further away than you think.

Even autonomous self driving cars en-masse are a problem. No one will jump to the first to take the insurance risk.
>>
>>128754589
The biggest problem relating to AI is classification. Every Serbian ad consult firm wants to brand their glorified robo-calling chatbot as an AI.

Actual AI is very early. If even that.
>>
destruction of the underclass. UBI for the rest.
>>
>>128746186
>prepare mass liquidations of the population
Humans are already 60% liquid
Don't let the jews liquidize us further it would only weaken us
>>
File: 438686.jpg (79KB, 960x815px) Image search: [Google]
438686.jpg
79KB, 960x815px
I honestly have no idea what we're going to do, OP.

Anybody who claims that there will be jobs that AI won't be able to do are fooling themselves.

Even if there were, do you honestly believe there'd be enough of those jobs to employ even 1% of the total population?

I predict(if SHTF never occurs) we'll become a moneyless society. If all goods, services are procured by automatons, then I don't see a need for money.

Who knows, though.
>>
>>128749563
I dont get it either for reasons you mentioned. I imagine that once automation does become so prevalent where robots monitor robots, and we all are out of jobs, we just have a permanent vacation.
>>
>>128754871
>Even autonomous self driving cars en-masse are a problem. No one will jump to the first to take the insurance risk.

Insurance is going to back self-driving cars. Manual drivers are going to be forced to pay double. Because then the fault is easily determined when incidents occur. AI is far off. Autonomy isn't. Automation is going to wipe out most unskilled and entry level human labor.
>>
>>128754929
Google has some advaned shit. I doubt they have revealed everything they have. when quantum computers come for real, we might be fucked senpai :(
>>
There is always the Human resistance army against the machines. Robocop was a documentary.
>>
>>128754871
you don't need AI for automation.
>>
>>128745984
Move innawoods and be a homesteader. Laugh when the (((robots))) kill off all the useless eaters.
>>
>>128755056
show me an AI that has human intelligence that can run on a piece of hardware small enough to fit inside a skull, and can do it with 20 watts. until then, this automation stuff is just a meme. we will have "intelligent" assistants, but we won't have robots that will take our wives, our jobs, and our children. think of your relationship with your computer right now. it is a tool, not an entity. it will stay that way until the 2100s at least.
>>
google already defeated the speed of light
we are fucked
>>
>>128755318
maybe we can invent a holocaust perpetrated by machines and guilt the AI into letting us live
>>
>>128745984
If all workers are replaced with robots, then all products cost essentially nothing to produce. We would actually get to LMAO FREE SHIT. Also, there would be no tax base with which to fund a universal basic income. This shit is a meme that needs to die quickly and publicly.
>>
File: 1489076435755.jpg (98KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489076435755.jpg
98KB, 1000x800px
>>128755898
Why do you think the Terminator movies were made? James Cameron will save us all.
>>
>>128755942
so what happens when the majority of jobs that don't require intelligence are automated?
>>
>>128755942
you cant say its not possible
africa has already achieved replacing all workers
theyve managed to automate the process of receiving free shit from everywhere in the world, no input required
>>
>>128755437
That's extremely delusional, everything is data and can be digitalized. Try 25 years, tops.
>>
>>128747677
As ideal as that would be, I think many crowds would just devolve into hedonistic tribes and succumb to drugs overdoses, alcohol addiction, and sexually transmitted diseases.
>>
>>128756261
what if intelligence is actually easier to automate because the computers will have such capacity to brute force everything that you will need very few brains managing them and the costs of trying to make robots do dumb shit like putting up drywall isnt worth it when the humans have nothing else to do O_O
>>
>>128747677
what do you do about the relentless breeding that would occur
>>
>>128755318
You are going to evolve into an entirely different species in the long run. And that technologically advanced society will look at you as we look at chimps.
>>
The answer to this question will be up to the machines.
>>
>>128746345
BAT BAT BAT!!!
>>
>>128754863
>it literally cannot see you as anything other than animated matter
How do you know this?
>>
>>128745984
We will be what horses are to humans.
>>
>>128756385
come on since 1500 in what way have improved technology? we have little calculators and air conditioning
>>
>>128756509
>i'll brute force your bypass surgery quickly here m8

the first sectors being hit by automation is the service industry, logistics and manufacturing
>>
>>128751037
yea this seems accurate
and its the fucking jews
>>
>>128756679
You are going to become human cattle.
>>
>>128746645
Butlerian Jihad, it's the only option.
>>
>>128745984

Look up what a "post-scarcity product" is.

The result of jobs being replaced means many things become free. For an example of a post-scarcity product in every day life, Please enjoy some porn.
>>
>>128756509
are you trolling me? machines are already better than the best human surgeon.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/the-human-os/robotics/medical-robots/autonomous-robot-surgeon-bests-human-surgeons-in-world-first
>>
>>128756385
>recreating the most complicated known object in the universe without a proper understanding of it within 25 years
either you're going to have a solid fucking lump of pure processor that is going to take 50 kilowatts and is going to weigh 35 kg, or you're going to have a proper artificial brain that will essentially be a normal brain in everything but substrate. either way you're looking at minimum 90 years.

we don't even understand how we form memories on a detailed level. they seem to be distributed, we don't know how that works. the part of the brain we know the most about is the visual cortex, and that's only because it's so simple. if you attempt to properly recreate a full brain, you're going to have a very difficult time figuring out what even needs to be worked on.

how do you implement a proper biological memory if you don't have the faintest idea of how it works? do you tackle the memory problem head on with 5 billion dollars and thousands of scientists? well great, now you've just run into 5 other problems, each of which have another 5 problems to be solved, and so on.

and for that matter, when you've solved all of the problems, how do you solve the final problem: how to use your newfound knowledge. we can use evolution for our own purposes, it's called selective breeding. what we can't avoid is creating abortions like the pug, the pitbull, or the common arab. how do we control ourselves, and ultimately improve ourselves, if we can't even comprehend the knowledge required to do so? are we just going to hand ourselves over to the machines?

you're going up against the pinnacle of 3 billion years of evolution, and you think you can best it in 25 years?
>>
Look at any black ghetto and you have your answer to what UBI will bring. 90% of people will get by, and the other 10% will supplement their income with theft or drug dealing.
>>
>>128757395
Fuck, if it wasn't for free porn the right wing death squads would have purged the country five years ago.
>>
>>128753237
>automation isn't real
And yet somehow I work for a company with automation in the name and guess what they do. They outfit robots for AUTOMATION purposes.
>>
>>128757509
bro first of all you dont need AI for automation. Second of all you don't need to recreate the human brain, just approximate. I'm sure you've heard of the Turing test. Third we don't need to replicate "biological" memory when RIGHT NOW you're using a network of machines with artificial memory. Are you high or something?
>>
>>128757645
Australians are fucking delusional.
>oy m8 we still use 1940s tech out here in the outback! Automation can't be real!
>>
>>128757645
that's just an assembly line come on
>>
>>128745984
Everything will be free at some point.
If nanotechnology progress to a point where we can manufacture anything we want with just raw materials and a few nanites then there won't be any need to buy things.
And AI would have taken over the intellectually demanding jobs.

If we want to make it work we need to change human psychology and our intelligence through genetic engineering otherwise well devolve to a race of subhumans, like nlggers.
>>
>>128758108
We just worked on a system using autonomous guided vehicles to replace warehouse workers.
It's not just assembly line bots but you're right, the tech isn't there yet for full autonomy within a company
>>
>>128745984
If humans don't need other humans for anything then neither will you. Think about it. What will you need humans for if robots are doing every unpleasant form of work. Procreation, meaningful real friendship and love. In the future sex between humans will only be for intentional creation of children or as an expression of love; as God intended. All other lustful sex by degenerates will happen with safer more attractive AI.
>>
>>128746827
>eugenics

going back to this good ole meme
>>
File: SEMIGRA_High-Quality.png (1011KB, 2249x2490px) Image search: [Google]
SEMIGRA_High-Quality.png
1011KB, 2249x2490px
>>128756997
The hardest part is convincing enough women to join you without them running away to the biggest population centres. If you can keep order for say maybe 100 years, tech will have probably moved forward enough that you no longer have to worry about that. You'll be like the Sentinelese shooting arrows at helicopters that come too near.
>>
>>128758340
this nigger gets it. most humans aren't intelligent to occupy the jobs that will still be around. (research, technical design)
>>
File: robowhore_2.png (444KB, 990x792px) Image search: [Google]
robowhore_2.png
444KB, 990x792px
>>128745984
I look forward to being served by the robo-whore overlords.
>>
>>128757883
He's not high. Just in extreme, extreme denial.
>>
File: 1494365635301.jpg (16KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
1494365635301.jpg
16KB, 417x234px
>tried to make a witty comment about "just get a job as a X" where X stands for job that robot can't replace
>Literally can't think of single occupation that cannot be eventually replaced by automation or AI
we are fucked
>>
>>128758588
Those jobs will still be go as well.
Physicians will go soon.
Why pay 500k a year to some smug prick that doesn't even keep up with modern medical advances when you can get an AI that knows of literally every single medical study and medical fact ever recorded and dedicates all of its processing power for a diagnosis and can even create physiologically exclusive drugs and gene therapies for you?
>>
>>128745984
Break all robots, delete all AIs, then kill everyone who knows how to make them.
>>
>>128758340
>everything will be free
Not true. As long as there is omeone to own the resources, everything will cost something.

When someone owns the resources, they sell them for money. And when manufacturer has to pay money to produce something, he will demand money for the product.
>>
robots won't replace complicated job areas until way later down the road

they serve to fulfill easy mundane tasks
>>
>>128758982
>you were born just in time to witness the rebirth of luddites
neat
>>
>>128758924
THIS
robots are already SIGNIFICANTLY superior to doctors in every way
only reason we still have this insane medical system is jews
>>
>>128758982
>trigger the AI uprising from trying to genocide them
Nice going luddites.
>>
>>128759083
Nanites can make more nanites.
Nanites Can use materials from every day things or straight up from the ground or junk yards and etc.
If we get gray goo type nanites everything will be free unless it's some sort of super heavy element in the second island of stability or something like that.
Or some exotic matter for FTL.
>>
File: robot_2.jpg (164KB, 512x723px) Image search: [Google]
robot_2.jpg
164KB, 512x723px
>>128759176
Rest assured the Physicians will pay the legislators off to make it ILLEGAL for a robot to perform any medical procedure on a human UNLESS supervised by a physician

The government will LITERALLY put people in jail if they have had their robot perform any medical procedure on them
>>
>>128759176
Just wait 20 years.
There won't be any human doctors.
>>
>>128758982
This. The mind of man is holy.
>>
>>128759894
Everything is owned by someone - So as long ast there is private ownership, things will cost something. Everything you manufacture, you have to manufacture from something. So unless your utopia includes somehow abolishing private property, free stuff is just that - utopia, that wont work for plenty of reasons.
>>
>>128759173
100% unemployment is a big enough threat to be worth fucking over technological advancement. That's a human extinction scenario.
>>
>>128747296

you think they're going to fight us in a conventional war? Why do you think they are importing incompatible cultures?
>>
>>128745984
Fully automated gay space communism
>>
>>128747187
t. engineer
>INB4 Robots design themselves
>>
>>128760248
The air is free.
Plenty of unowned land and ocean, plenty of vacant land too.
Plenty of already extremely cheap aluminum and iron and silicon around.

Also everything will be able to be recycled.

So yes, free.
>>
File: mechanicum_1.jpg (33KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
mechanicum_1.jpg
33KB, 399x400px
>>128760065
>The mind of man is holy.

"They Shall Not suffer a Machine to Think! For Ruin Shall be its Purpose and Accursed be the Work."
>>
>>128760560
counter-insurgency isn't "conventional war" but thanks for playing
>>
>>128758686

we don't have to go down this road. generally we all live much more comfortably than people 100 years ago, is everyone collectively happier? i think we were probably better off when we had to work harder on a day to day basis doing tasks fundamental to our survival.
>>
>>128758924
yes, but not for a whole while. meanwhile automation of unskilled jobs is happening as we speak
>>
File: fuck robots.gif (2MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
fuck robots.gif
2MB, 400x223px
>>128745984
what's the sauce of the image?
>>
>>128746398
which is what exactly?
>>
File: warp_travel.jpg (323KB, 1200x1440px) Image search: [Google]
warp_travel.jpg
323KB, 1200x1440px
>>128761160
>we don't have to go down this road.
There is no going backward (we would starve), and we can NOT stay were we are (we pollute too much)... we MUST move forward... we either expand into space or destroy ourselves.
>>
>>128752423
>show me an AI that can...
all we really have to show you is an AI that can drive lorries and sell cheeseburgers and a SIGNIFICANT portion of American jobs are gone.
>>
>>128754732
>muh human nature
is that why there's never been a violent revolution in the history of mankind? wow really makes u think
>>
File: RoboWhore.png (106KB, 327x304px) Image search: [Google]
RoboWhore.png
106KB, 327x304px
>>128762072
I just want the sex-bot to give a great handjob, blow job, and have two tight wet slippery holes to use.
>>
>>128761581
20 30 years is pretty soon.
Assuming we can get rid of low iq non whites and cultural Marxism and Jews.
>>
>>128755318
>robots will respect my property rights and inefficient use of wide acreages as an organic farm and hunting land
>>
>>128762517
AI that can perform surgery and design and maintain high tech is not 20 years away.
>>
>>128747677
you can't build an economy on poems
>>
>>128746827
Except you're ignoring the fact that welfare is profoundly dysgenic and UBI is simply expanding that, if not merely continuing it.

The only thing is there could be some social dynamic that emerges in UBI where all the shitposting incels who collect gibs and deliver pizza twice a week continue to be removed from the gene pool. Like, UBI will encourage incels to expand as a group, but they will become so lazy and unambitious that more men will have fewer kids. This is good in one way because it parses out some of the non-alpha genes, but there are some worthy genes there too, white, intelligent men who even now aren't getting to pass on their genes, and white people in general are more K-selective...so what I'm saying is UBI could breed us pretty much out of existence.
>>
File: 8uy5MvBl.jpg (41KB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
8uy5MvBl.jpg
41KB, 640x440px
>>128745984
>basic income
Why would the rich people who own all the robots pay you for nothing? They'll kill you instead. They will bribe governments for war and have the world population shattered, it's been planned for a long time.
>>
>>128745984
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>128758924
Physician is a terrible job anyway.
>shills for SSRI and benzo producers
>destroy the ecosystem with antiobiotics
>destroy communities with opiate prescriptions
>requires 6 figures of debt for roughly equal salary
Physician is a net negative. The sooner that job goes away the better IMO
>>
>>128762336
amen. actually though, i think sex with desperate unemployed humans is going to be cheaper than sex with robots for a long time yet.
Think of it this way: we have massaging chairs but it hasn't gotten rid of the massage industry. People are going to be better at sex than machines until synthetic skin and reasonably good AI is available.
>>
>>128762808
a large scale war is unavoidable at this point. the (((economy))) cannot afford anything else
>>
>>128762696
If food, water, and shelter are taken care of, entertainment will be the only thing to trade
>>
>>128748382
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Hehe, the lady who cuts my hair talked to me about those.
>>
I hope it replaces dick sucking because bitches are expensive.
>>
>>128762677
We already have AI assisted surgery.

In 20 years we'll have exaflop desktop computers.
I saw one that was in the tens of petaflops, optics based.
Then there's organic computing.
Then there's photon transistors.
The difficult part will be the software aspect, not the hardware.
>>
>>128762808
unless you have at least a few million, I'd suggest that you should start thinking that the rich people will kill "us" rather than "you." And if you want to roll over and die like a dog that's your prerogative. Will you fight?
>>
Automization requires a consumer society

without a consumer society, there is no point for jobs and no point to automize beyond food production which will lead to an over production and waste

retards all over this thread
>>
File: Snowflakes.jpg (169KB, 511x500px) Image search: [Google]
Snowflakes.jpg
169KB, 511x500px
>>128763269
>unemployed humans

NO STDs or limits on robotic sex... ever want to bang a loli-bot... you spend time in prison for the human equvalent
>>
Everyday I wake up wishing I could sleep forever.
>>
>>128745984
If no one works where will you get money from to pay for ubi?
>>
>>128763958
raw resources aren't infinite. production will either way be cut down significantly
>>
>>128745984
isn't socialism realistic once ai can do all the easy jobs and sustain all the crops? would you still be against socialism if all of the common necessities could be sustained without any work done by humans?
>>
>>128756466
So humanity would off itself? Maybe that's the plan. No blood on their hands
>>
>>128764182

thats the other problem

there are not enough rare earth minerals to automize the world
>>
>>128756705
nigga machines want what you make the to want.
>>
>>128745984
draft everybody who can't pull his own weight to fight in some meaningless wars in oversea

--> population control and enforced survival of the fittest
>>
>>128764375
what? there are. automatization just means you're not paying ching chong for the job a robot can do with very little expense. artificially stopping automation is anti-capitalism in the most extreme form
>>
>>128763845
I do have a few millions, and family in the Council on foreign relations/cato. I assure you, no rich person wants you dead. We just don't want you to breed
>>
>>128764946
why aren't you stopping Africa and South Asia from breeding? do you want your children to grow up in the world dominated by their demographics?
>>
File: permaculture.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
permaculture.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>128745984
You buy some land and then you take a shovel and fucking make food grow from the ground like people have done for thousands of years.

Stop being fucking retarded, being a subsistence farmer is easy as fuck if you have access to things like steel tools, wheelbarrows with rubber tires and ball bearing, a small electric mill do process your grain etc. You don't even need any heavy machinery and you won't work more then a few hours a day when you spread it out over a year.

You can forget about getting a new Iphone every year though, but that is degenerate consumerism anyway.
>>
>>128765155
>why aren't you stopping Africa and South Asia from breeding?
(((they))) even make it worse
http://www.who.int/malaria/areas/vaccine/en/
>>
File: Dense.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
Dense.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>128765293
>ou buy some land and then you take a shovel and fucking make food grow from the ground like people have done for thousands of years.

No we *ALL* can not do that... there is no going "backwards" in technology... we need out high-technology of humanity would starve.
We can not stay where we are, we pollute too much and would destroy the earth...
we MUST advance or die
>>
File: 14764010040060-.png (2MB, 650x7300px) Image search: [Google]
14764010040060-.png
2MB, 650x7300px
>>128762336
>>
File: shoot_your_goo_my_dude.png (129KB, 499x470px) Image search: [Google]
shoot_your_goo_my_dude.png
129KB, 499x470px
>>128766195
Yup... but what if you got the "younger model"
or the two headed model...
or the LARGE breasted model

Why have real women when you can have ANY virtual woman you want
>>
>>128748513
>robots take jobs
>everyone gets sacked
>people get mad
>form criminal organizations with their endless free time
>theft becomes a major issue with thieve's guilds around every corner
>people get more angry
>revolution
>storm workplaces
>destroy any machines that can be replaced by a human
>the rich panic
>send out drones, biological weapons, nukes, etc.
>95% of humans killed
> rich maintain /comfy/ lifestyle
>>
File: 14764010040651.png (2MB, 650x6687px) Image search: [Google]
14764010040651.png
2MB, 650x6687px
>>128766743
Oh the possibilities.
>>
>>128764946
One sure way of averting this problem would be serious anti-natalism undertaken at national levels. But, what are rich folks really doing to further this?
>>
>>128767389
I remember reading soviet sci-fi book about it. Planet had normal capitalist society based on all those american ideas. They were actually doing fine. Then machines made everything while genpop ended up owning nothing and jobless. So capitalists had to make special machines to "take care" of people. And then machine "took care" of capitalists too. Commie cosmonaut traveler sighs in amazement.
>>
File: georgia guidestones.jpg (113KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
georgia guidestones.jpg
113KB, 720x960px
>>128765989
>No we *ALL* can not do that... there is no going "backwards" in technology...
If you are smart you better get your shit in order and get ready to take care of your own food production. Either you get a small piece of land and do small scale farming for you and your family or you get a huge piece of land and then 'lease' that out to a bunch of mexicans, eastern european farming families etc in return for them giving you a percentage of their produce, basically like a an old feudal lord with being nobility. Lots of rich people are doing this right now.

Unless you want to what ever shit food (that makes you sterile) the globalists will give to their universal income NEET voting slaves.

>we need out high-technology of humanity would starve.
Humanity will survive even if 7 billion people die tomorrow.
>We can not stay where we are, we pollute too much and would destroy the earth...
Try to go forward but be ready to go backwards, if shit gets bad enough you have to be ready to pick up a shovel and put a potato in the dirt.
>we MUST advance or die
No we don't, if every one went full amish we would be just fine. Not saying that we should, but we could.

As i said, humanity would survive even if billions died. The GMO meme that the globalists push by saying it will save the planet is just another way to make money, they patent their self terminating seeds and then people have to go into debt every year to buy them. They love reoccurring revenue streams.
>>
>>128765989

advancing is what is polluting the earth though. the more we "advance" the more rare earth materials and fuel we consume. "humanity" won't starve, just the people unwilling to adapt to low-tech living or unable to buy/produce their own food.
>>
>>128768171
And then an asteroid collides with the planet and everyone dies.
This is the future if luddites take control.
>>
>>128745984
will tax robots and they will pay our welfare while we do jobs, studies, hobbies we like
>>
>>128754387
Think about what welfare does to people. It makes them weak
>>
>>128754387
Violent liquidations won't work in an age of asymmetric warfare. You have to get populations to kill themselves via not reproducing.
>>128764018
I'm sure that the feminists will at least manage to get lolisexbots banned.
>>
>>128768657
And then an asteroid collides with the planet and everyone dies while the elite laughs from their space ship that they built with your money.
This is the future if globalists take control.

I rather have them forced to scrape a living of the land like every one else and then dying together with the rest of us in the global cataclysm.
>>
>>128768722

>everyone can pursue PHDs in gender studies and making shitty art no one wants to buy

what a utopia!
>>
Man and machine become one.
>>
>>128769047
What is your utopia? work for people and things you don't believe in or have everyone believe what you believe
>>
>>128760400
Being anti automation isn't even being against technological advancement. If anything automation will lead to technological stagnation and the people against it will be fighting to preserve technological advancement.
>>
>>128769780
How will reduction of repetitive labor lead to technological stagnation, unless you mean people will stop seeking technological advances for a solved problem.
>>
>>128769519

>work for things you don't believe in
this all started with industrialization. prior to that point but after the repressive feudal societies was a period where people were largely individualistic and able to pursue the ends that benefited themselves and their family. American frontier living was basically utopia and we traded it for 40 hr work weeks to buy lots of useless shit we don't need and create value for others.

>have everyone believe what I believe
don't care what they believe but UBI is not feasible, current trajectory is unsustainable, and sooner or later a reckoning is coming.
>>
>>128769519
>What is your utopia? work for people and things you don't believe in or have everyone believe what you believe
Having the freedom and opportunity to create a company so that people like you can wage slave for me even though you don't believe in the company.
>>
>>128765155
They're gonna kill themselves
>>
>>128745984
none of that happens for centuries.
>>
>>128745984
Kill all Jews.
>>
>>128769780
AI would automate even technological advancement. It's not technology stagnating that is the danger, it's the human mind degenerating from lack of use.
>>
>>128745984
The next step after that is depopulation.
Once full robotic automation and AI become the norm, then the majority of the human race becomes unnecessary.

Peasants have always existed to serve the needs of the elites. This is the fundamental nature of society.
Once the need for peasants is removed the peasants not only can be removed, but must be.
If they are allowed to live then they inevitably become a threat to the elite.

I expect depopulation to come in the form of either a global plague, or a massive conventional world war with limited nuclear exchanges (the elites won't want to ruin the planet they worked so hard to take over, though some sacrifices might be acceptable)
Honestly I expect some combination of both.
The happening will happen, but it won't be what /pol/ expects. It won't be the end of the elite, it will be their ascendance.

The only hope any of us has is to climb as high as we can in society and hope we make it high enough to be included in the short list of "essential personel" for the new society.
Good luck to all of you, there is nothing you can do to prevent this. Most of you won't survive
>>
>>128767488
Honestly, depends on who you ask.

But most of it is focused and making pesdu bread and circuses, it's more moral then murder
>>
>>128770184
>American frontier living was basically utopia
kek.
>UBI
its not UBI, its basically universal unemployment. obviously the population will gradually drop to line up with the new needs. more realistically I think the level of scarcity will never go down to that level and technologies will not advance to a point where that can happen. you will probably just see a rise in bullshit jobs like dog hairdresser
>>
File: I_Hate_The_People_I _Work_With.jpg (35KB, 341x347px) Image search: [Google]
I_Hate_The_People_I _Work_With.jpg
35KB, 341x347px
>>128768614
>advancing is what is polluting the earth though.

No... technologically we are just ending the fossil fuel/fission age and entering the renewable energy/fusion age

socially we are entering the urban age (Majority people live in cities)

The world will start getting greener and less polluted and population will level out and start to decline a bit (Except Africans .. mankind's retarded breed like rabbit kin... it will take Africa about 100 years longer than the rest of humanity)
We will populate the solar system
>>
>>128770262
start an international company and take people out into space, there you could do anything to them without people on earth being able to hold you accountable
>>
>>128768614
>advancing is what is polluting the earth though.
earth is doomed by default, no matter what you do it will never outlive the sun, that is why nature worshipers are retarded. I would be pro pollution if it actually helped us advance instead of just coming from plastic headphone packaging and other crap like that.
>>
>>128771339
>I expect depopulation to come in the form of either a global plague, or a massive conventional world war with limited nuclear exchanges

Let's be serious now. It will be in the form of starvation.
>>
>>128771687
I wish city planing was more spacious, especially in countries were there is enough land and not enough interest. no need to build it like a rat utopia
>>
>>128772055

>better to forsake a period of utopic earth living for some crackpot scheme to further inflict humanity on the universe by spreading it to other planets we will never be able to breath on or adapt to
>>
File: OK.gif (293KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
OK.gif
293KB, 150x150px
>>128772055
>will never outlive the sun

There are stable red dwarf stars that will burn for TRILLIONS of years... TRILLIONS of years...
MOST stars in the galaxy are red dwarf stars.

think about it... once we get to one we have an ETERNITY (virtually) of energy

We will be OK
>>
>>128764946
>a few millions
>rich
>>
File: 1491928015588.png (194KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1491928015588.png
194KB, 500x378px
>>128748069
>the problem of humans needing a purpose
look at this faggot that needs a boss yelling at him to have purpose in life

top cuck
>>
>>128772715
That's just me, entire family is worth 800 million
>>
>>128756466
i don't like the digits
>>
>>128772586
not if we stay on earth. Im saying holding back from even a tiny advancement in the name of saving nature is ultimately pointless.
>>128772434
It will be a glorious monument to humanity and a way to honor all those who came before us. life of that sad peasant who died without ever knowing the joy of modernity or law, will have some meaning
>>
>>128745984
population control, increase the value of human beings
>>
>>128747040
That's not how IQ works. By the time all the <100 IQ subhumans are gone all the 100 tards will be in their rightful place in the 80-90 range while normal people with 110-120 will become the new 100 average.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
the indusrtial revolution, the petroluem revolution, the digital revolution...how many times has mass amounts of menial low tier jobs been eradicated?

guess what all the watchmakers did. guess what all the moutain ice carriers did. guess what all the newspaper boys did. guess what all the manual book copyists did

got another job, or made another job.
"but there will be no jobs". of course there wont be if your idea of a job is "wait until someone makes one for you". hilariously, someone slightly less fucking lazy then you will start "getting" you jobs for a percentage of your income when he realises your too fucking lazy and he can charge for it.
>>
>>128760966
>unowned land
literally no such thing
>>
>>128754999
Kek
>>
>>128749943
>the same marxists that are pushing for UBI are the ones complaining about rich people "hoarding money"
It seems like you're trying to accuse someone of hypocrisy or self-contradiction but I'm just not seeing it.
>>
File: Egypt_Sudan_claims.svg.png (263KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
Egypt_Sudan_claims.svg.png
263KB, 512x768px
>>128777027
wew lad. 3 seconds in google would of saved you from looking stupid. theres plenty of unclaimed land. easy to get? of course not, but unowned. the trick is fighting off the 2 sides bordering it
>>
>>128745984
No
The only solution is removing the government and corporate stranglehold over people and the tech of automation will be affordable for most small businesses

Allowing the elite to control will only end in tears
Anarcho Capitalism will win in the end
An ultra meritocracy will reign when the elite fucks up the civilisation
>>
>>128778004
Boy I am sure few square kilometres of desert and few hundred metres between serbia and croatia will ensure that everything will be free forever.

Just fuck off and accept that as long as private - or hell just ownership in general exists, we will not achieve the communist utopia you are proposing as inevitable.
>>
File: 1410138888589.jpg (4KB, 100x125px) Image search: [Google]
1410138888589.jpg
4KB, 100x125px
>>128764946
>we don't the people with negative growth rates to breed.
>let's import a billion niggers instead who then breed twice as much
We did it guize, we saved the world
>>
>>128772102
Too slow. Without some way of keeping the masses distracted they would turn on the elites and ruin the whole scheme.

They will do something to keep us fighting each other rather than them
>>
best case scenario they dispense food and water
>>
File: 20170605_110840.jpg (97KB, 576x325px) Image search: [Google]
20170605_110840.jpg
97KB, 576x325px
>>128745984
What are all the agricultural workers going to do when we get tractors? What are all the train operators gonna do when we get roads? Oh whatever will happen to pilots when we get teleportation? You don't know until it arrives. This idea that humans will be useless meatbags as technology advances has been wrong every single other time in history. It's ludditism. The only thing that would make humans into useless meatbags would be something that crushes the struggle of life, which like exercise strengthens the individual. UBI, the irony.

Tell me, when we finally work that math out so that everyone has enough to live for "free", can you guarantee that people will not simply demand higher incomes for doing nothing, which is what they already vote for with the system we have now? How do you balance the boundless desires of humans and the lack of resources, other than killing vast populations and/or diminishing quality of life? Its just communism with a pseudo price system, its not a new or good idea, and you still can't respond to Rothbard's or Friedman's criticisms of socialism.

Unless you mean to say that you will pay UBI out of your own pocket and not force others to do the same, but invite them to join and try to convince them peacefully? If that's what you mean then that's all well and good, but I doubt that's what you're talking about. You just want free shit for breathing.
>>
File: behaviour-log.png (299KB, 851x447px) Image search: [Google]
behaviour-log.png
299KB, 851x447px
>>128745984
"Time of eve" thats answer your question.
>>
>>128778133
The robots could collectedly act to maintain and preserve humanity while catering to its every desire... sort of like how western people treat their pets.
My cat lives a life I am jealous of... all the food, physical attention, ability to enter or leave the house at will, complete medical care, and can sleep anywhere it wants... we should all be so lucky
>>
>>128778681
>What are all the agricultural workers going to do when we get tractors?
m9
>>
File: 1495830909773.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495830909773.gif
2MB, 202x360px
I've been reading a bit about this lately. It seems that literally EVERYTHING will eventually be automated. Eventually.

Some things will be automated in the next ten years, some wont be automated until 200 years from now. The question isn't whether your job will be automated, but when?

As someone who wants to requalify, i'm seriously thinking of just saying fuck it and being a wagie.

At the end of the day when the automatons come in we're all gonna be in the same boat, and shits probably gonna get fuckin mental lad, so would you rather take part in the UBI riots? Or be sat in your not-yet-automated job all day
>>
>>128778681
>>128779026
however I do agree that UBI is a retarded concept
>>
File: RailroadEmployment1955-2003L.jpg (139KB, 488x630px) Image search: [Google]
RailroadEmployment1955-2003L.jpg
139KB, 488x630px
>>128779026
>>128778681
>What are all the train operators gonna do when we get roads?
again pic

My point with this is that so far, the colossal losses in employed labour was supplemented by growth and creation of other industries, specifically service one.

However the question is - for how long can new industries be created to supplement the old ones? And how to create industries that would not be supectible to automatisation?
>>
>>128778943
Fucking cats
They know how enslave the weak
Still, gotta admire their cunning
>>
>>128780033
tbqh if cucks ceased to exist so would domesticated cats
>>
>>128745984
Have you ever considered suicide?
>>
>>128779026
I was being facetious, but thanks for adding the graph to solidify the point we are both making. The point being that people will find new things to do that weren't practical before. It's not practical for example to manufacture engines in a factory when farmers don't have enough surplus to sell enough food for the workers to live on. So as technology improved farm surpluses occurred, opening new careers and jobs that would have been impossible before due to starvation.
>>
>>128746645

We'll spam the shit out of this board with habbening breads and doom paul pictures. Gonna be fun desu.
>>
If the vast majority of jobs are eliminated through automation and AI then there's zero logical reason to not have a basic standard of living and stipends for things like entertainment.
>>
>>128747281
>>128747187
>>128746618
>>128746186

You're all so fucking stupid. Stop being anti-semetic and accept that UBI is the only path forward.
>>
>>128779833
> how long can new industries be created to supplement the old ones? And how to create industries that would not be supectible to automatisation?
1. Indefinitely
2. Why is Rolex and the Morgan car a thing? Hand crafted goods will always been in high demand. A more imperative question is where the value of an individual human life goes.
>>
>>128756466
Then let them die the way they want.
>>128756636
Follow China's lead and institute birth limits
>>128762696
>fucking polack doesn't realize that if all the jobs are automated you don't have anything other than entertainment and the arts to trade
>>
>>128778943

Was depression and anxiety even a thing in the past? Or is it possibly related to people having too much idle time to sit introspecting waiting to die.
>>
>>128772055
>no matter what you do it will never outlive the sun
Don't be so pessimistic. We literally have billions of years, look how much we've advanced in just 100.
>>
>>128779210
Can you prove that or are you just masturbating how useless you are? They used to say that all inventions or discoveries to be made have already been made, until they were proven foolish time aftee time. Now the new con is UBI/automation. There are new opportunities in the future that you and I literally cannot imagine just like King Henry never imagined sitting in the sky going 600mph or having metal beasts of burden powered by ancient plant juice doing the work of 1000 serfs but better. It's just some doomsday shit that you have no reason to subscribe to but many historical reasons to deny.
>>
>>128745984

Hey look, a cyberethic conversation, maybe /pol/ isn't completely retarted.
>>
>>128780804

>sees what happens in places like venezuala without market forces driving supply and demand
>expects quality entertainment to be produced and available for free
>>
>>128746186

This desu
>>
>>128780631
I agree, but when you consider the fact that realistically we will very soon reach the point when nearly all of jobs exist within service sector you will start to wonder just how much can that sector grow.

So far, automation affected mostly manufacturing industry. But what happens when it starts affecting services as well? Obviously, services are less suspectible to automation than manufacturing. But I can easily imagine fast food employees or cashiers or clerks being replaced.
>>
currently americans have an economy where they just jerk eachother off and nobody does literally anything productive and the chinks make everything we could possibly need
automated world is probably similar
>>
>>128745984
Every major advancement in the productive forces of society results in the collapse of established power hierarchies. Following the advent of AI there likely won't be a State in the form we have grown accustomed to.
>>
>>128779833
I wish you had actually read what I was saying, which was what you are adding to and supporting. I get that sarcasm is maybe hard for a 2nd language but put it in context with the following 2 sentences bro come on.
>>
Central Banks could already implement basic income which wouldn't hurt the world since it would boost the spending power of the world, which QE/flooding stock market with money doesn't do.
>>
>>128778429
>>128765520
My family funds lots of fertility clinics and whites use them a ton. While I don't give two shits about Europe, we wanna import some more spics because they tend to convert to protestantism which helps both work and science.

I personally want an american with a much larger population, assuming it can be well fed and educated, for better technology/ science. However, this isn't the norm of thinking, most of the rich have no loyalty to any nation.
Hell, the only reason I have any loyalty is because the USA saved my ancestors.

T.An Armenian jew
>>
>>128781707
Yeah I figured it out by my next post.
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
>>
>>128745984
we will kill ourselfs before we reach that point
>>
>>128781635
Modern state has remained more or less same form (not talking about the specific systems of government but rather the general form of states) since 17th century. And there were plenty of major changes.

It would take some truly cataclysmic event to alter or collapse the current power distribution arrangement.
>>
>>128745984
Yeah, like the elites will give you an basic income. Dream on idiot.
>>
>>128781516
What is manufacturing but a service? The point is that we don't know what new industries will emerge. Maybe it's comfy on Earth and people are paid to colonize mars because it's not as comfy, then we become a spacefaring race. Who knows man, its useless to ask such a question or solve a puzzle when you don't even have the necessary pieces to complete your solution. The pieces won't be available until the day arrives, and only the most industrious will solve it.
>>
>>128782181
>m (not talking about the specific systems of government but rather the general form of states) since 17th century. And there were plenty of major changes.
>It would take some truly cataclysmic event to alter or collapse the current power distribution arrangement.

Only some groups are funding AI, others are taking their chances with biological engi. AI is only really gonna become OP with quantum computers which are 15-25 years away
>>
>>128782323
Fair point.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170531-113449.png (1MB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170531-113449.png
1MB, 1080x2220px
>>128781910
It's all good and thanks for not being a faggot about it
>>
A.I and robotics at the level anyone thinks of them will never exist. It's the same thing as people who thought when we could go into outer space we'd find all sorts of life and everything would be great as we exchange advanced tech with aliens and thrust ourselves into some miraculous future. The truth then turned out to be there is no life and the only habitable planets are impossibly out of reach. It's all opiates designed to make you not go absolutely crazy and kill everyone including yourselves. The best you're going to do is get something in a thousand years maybe approaching what every Musk worshiping millenial swears is only 5 years away and that's if we even exist then. Give it up and get the fuck back in your cubicle.
>>
>>128782883
Somewhere in the universe there are aliens meeting each other, but that's because they are lucky enough to live in a big star cluster where interstellar travel is actually feasible.
>>
>>128782345
>quantum computers
>15-25 years away
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3194574/hardware/china-adds-a-quantum-computer-to-high-performance-computing-arsenal.html
They're certainly a breakthrough, but they're not simple supercomputers, they're something entirely different from our current transistor based computers.
They'll likely always need to be operated by specialists.
>>
>>128782181
This was preceded by a shift away from Feudalism, defined by an improvement in the productive forces giving way to a new social order, or that's how it seems at least.
>>
>>128783189
>big
Or rather dense.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.