[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump's plan for his administration seems to essentially

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Trump's plan for his administration seems to essentially be deconstructing all of the U.S. Government's institutions within his reach (i.e. mainly those under the Executive). Many of his supporters seem to agree with this as well. If that's the case, then the question seems to be what SHOULDN'T be privatized? If the answer is nothing, then do you feel the government just be disbanded entirely? If the private sector can somehow do everything better, then shouldn't the federal, state, and local governments be wholly owned, managed, and executed by corporations?

For those of you who truly despise anything that "bureaucrats" touch, wouldn't this be the optimal scenario?
>>
Don't give a shit but this thread can spark some actual good discussion. Have a bump on the house.
>>
>>128728157
>deconstructing all of the U.S. Government's institutions within his reach
Does this consolidate power or remove it entirely? Will this come back to bite the Executive branch in the future?
>>
>>128728157
I support him doing this.

Original intent of the Constitution was that the Feds would deal mainly with foreign matters and have little responsibilities within the national borders: namely to act as arbitor between the state's, secure the national borders, coin money, keep communication lines open, quell national insurrection movements - that sort of thing. The state's retained most of the power, which was also limited with counties and cities retaining their own sections of authority. All of them governed by the people via representation.

If Donny wants to strip federal power and authority, I good with that. If it's privatized, then the companies still need state, county, and city approval.
>>
File: .jpg (24KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
24KB, 410x410px
>>128728157
>what SHOULDN'T be privatized
hello there
>>
>>128728157
>burgerland turning full ancap
should be fun to watch

>>128728993
please delete this informative and well reasoned post
>>
Dude they don't care about government policy.

Steve Bannon believes in this metaphysical thing called Turnings where allegedly every few decades a dramatic shift in American society happens.

He believes Trump is the arbiter of the next turning and that it's all about the destruction of liberalism in America.
You must remember he is very right wing Christian as well, so he has an unshakable faith that destroying everything post FDR will be a good thing.

If you wanna talk about reasonable government policy, this is not the environment to do it in, we are in a fog of conspiracy, and all lights just make the fog appear thicker
>>
>>128728993

I didn't come here for reason, WTF is this?
>>
>>128728157
Infrastructure is easy enough for government to administrate, and that includes public transportation and things like garbage pick-up. The military is a legitimate government function that can roll back on the bureaucracy, but I don't think it should be wrestled away from government. I don't mind paying taxes for these things either, as these are things I know EVERYONE can benefit from.

With that said... healthcare and education need to get the fuck away from government. You can't put a one-size-fits-all solution on these. People are individual, and at some point, you need them to mold themselves into what they want and need to be. If they fail, fuck it. We shouldn't be dragged down with their failures.

That's just off the top of my head. But see that flag on my post? Every single problem that we have right now is because this shithole wanted government to micromanage every. Single. Thing. And it has gotten us nowhere, except to bankruptcy.
>>
It would be sweet, like that book Snowcrash
>>
>>128728157
>itt OP discovers Anarcho-Capitalism
>>
>>128728912
If it's wholly corporate owned? That would then depend on any future monopolies or agreements between the corporations themselves. Generally businesses prefer a favorable climate to make money so while there would be competition, ultimately NO competition would make the most money.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect that most companies would slowly consolidate power of a single industry under one brand. The easiest way to kill competition, in the long run, is to buy them out.
>>
>>128728993
George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, etc. who held those first several years of power were strongly for a solid federal government. I'm not saying you're wrong or right, but your reasoning isn't sound.

They were called the Federalists for a reason, and weren't exactly big on state power relative to the DRs.
>>
The government should control almost everything, but it should be maximally democratic.

Trump has bitten the (((free market))) brown pill, unfortunately.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.