[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /pol/? How do you know for sure that your God and your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Well, /pol/?
How do you know for sure that your God and your interpretation of that God's rules is the correct one?
>>
>faith how does it work
>>
>>128716023
How do you defend it? When you literally can't know? Why do you have faith in the first place? Is it because your parents were christian and they told you to believe in it when you were a child and lacked critical thinking skills?
>>
>>128716343
Why are you asking me? Do you want me to explain why anyone has faith? What is the point of this thread?
>>
>>128716446
I want you personally to explain why you personally have faith, just like I asked. Don't deflect the question.
>>
>>128716488
I don't owe you any answers nor did I even claim to have faith in anything to begin with. What's with this aggression?
>>
>>128716559
There's no aggression, I'm just being persistent about making sure you don't ignore the question because drying to deflect instead of giving an answer is a tell for cognitive dissonance (since the person would be challenged with a new perspective they hadn't considered and contradicts their current way of life, but instead of accepting that they deflect and avoid confronting it)
If you don't actually have a faith then there's nothing for you to worry about
>>
>>128716900
>deflect
You used that word again. I can't be deflecting anything because I never made an assertion or even a statement about myself.
>>
>>128717043
The deflection is the part where you are actively not answering the question
But if you read the rest of the post and got to
>If you don't actually have a faith then there's nothing for you to worry about
perhaps you wouldn't have felt the need to respond
>>
>>128717204
That's not deflecting. I'm not letting you make this thread about me. You're searching for a target.
>>
>>128717302
You're the one who replied in the first place. What was the purpose of that if you had nothing to contribute?
>>
>>128717371
It's simple anon. This thread is about you not knowing what faith is. That's all I pointed out. That's why the text is green. Your opening post would have been more earnest and straightforward had you simply asked what faith was.
>>
>>128717503
I understand the concept, I don't understand how anyone defends it or develops it in the first place.

Everyone knows that acting provocative is the easiest way to get replies - but it seems that most of the conservative evangelical christians are still asleep in the US so perhaps it was poor timing on my part
>>
>>128717653
>that most of the conservative evangelical christians
I was under the impression that they rose the earliest but, not to post on /pol/. It's a weekday. It's interesting that you single out Christians.
>>
wow suck each others cocks harder you two faggots
>>
>>128717763
As far as religions go, they're the statistical majority on /pol/. Seems logical to single it out to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 619x671px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 619x671px
>>128715955
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1mr9ZTZb3TVnj0QVWnMTMzmpvuFqCpIv

you can just switch that to say no god als bretard
>>
>>128715955
its about living with a moral code and being able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day
why do i care what some smug bong degenerate has to say about that?
enjoy your weekly terror attacks
>>
>>128716343
You have faith in every fact you hear faggot because they could have been lying
>>
>>128718703
Abiding to a code of rules and believing in the spiritual deity behind it are two completely different things

>>128718717
Nice try but I actually question everything to the point of deep insecurity
>>
>>128716343
>how
Same old question, what would you do in the face of a god who commands Faith as an act of worship?

He unlike the other cults, has given his believers all the same wage as payment for their efforts and he invites them "come as you are" to embrace the faith he has revealed. He requires only that you put away your old self and live as his Son did or die trying. No holy wars, no pilgrimages, no holy sites, no holy rites, nothing that cannot be forgiven, everything you need to know is already available.

What then do you do? Do you ignore it and risk it being real or do you accept it and begin that journey?
>>
>>128719075
In the theoretical face, you mean
You type as if your reason for believing in the christian god is because you prefer that type of god to the others. Making a choice out of preference doesn't sound like actual faith - and if this is just a rationalization after the fact, that's not a justification of faith either
>>
>>128719075
Also
>Do you ignore it and risk it being real or do you accept it and begin that journey?
This could be said regarding the eternal punishment of any religion - many of which have contradicting conditions for salvation. No matter what you're damning yourself to a theoretical hell of someone's religion. Why are you sure you picked the right one?
>>
I am God, prove me wrong.
Pro tip- you can't
>>
>>128715955
Go and read some metaphysical text, before showing how much of an illiterate are you by posting this question.
sage
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.