[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do millennials refuse to learn a trade instead of getting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Why do millennials refuse to learn a trade instead of getting into student loan debt?
>>
>>128598830
>implying that wouldn't just create a different time line where /pol/ criticizes millennials for not going to college
>implying the same job market saturation occurring now wouldn't happen if there was just a rapid shift to trades
>>
>>128598830
Interesting about DC...
>>
File: 1494763335393.jpg (22KB, 718x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494763335393.jpg
22KB, 718x512px
>>128598830
Tfw no degree and make 55k a year with healthcare for me and wife paid for by my company.
>>
I'd rather not destroy my body by the age of 45
>>
Show me a trade that doesn't fuck up my body in the long run
>>
>>128601670
>>128602142
anyone where you can start your own business and leave the grunt work to younger people
>>
Because anybody born from 85 onward was taught that only university education leads to anything successful.
>>
>>128601670
>>128602142
Sitting at a desk all day is infinitely worse
t. /fit/
>>
>>128601670

I know some guys in my neighborhood who work trades, they are in their 40s and 50s, need pain killers to make it through the day, and drink to kill the pain too. seems rough. I like my office job.
>>
>>128602142
Plumbing and commercial welding are pretty low impact on your health
>>
>>128598830
>Got to union office of ______.
>Pay 25$-50$ to take a test to see if you can be a union member and go through their apprenticeship program.
>Ask lady at counter how many people show up over the weekend, "your number (flips through pages) 1,250".
>WOW, ask how many positions open, "7 she says".
>Come to pol, "why dont people learn a trade".
OP is a faggot, ive applies at bricklayers, electrician, operating engineers, and elevator unions, sheet metal worker, and each one was exactly as described above
>Its always some members kid, some ex-military fag, or some nigger/women who gets the spot.
>Those Trade Schools where you pay 20-50 grand to learn the trade dont work because the unions dont recognize the work done only THEIR apprenticeship training. So you pay a shitload to learn a trade, only to be non-union working for $15 an hour.
>>
>>128601578
Doing what?
>>
>median income barely above poverty level for massive chunks of the country
It's like there's something wrong with the economy or something.
>>
>>128599846
lol... but millennials are fucked
>>
>>128604349
Yep, unions are literally cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>128598830
>be me
>dad dies when 15
>immediately quit school and get a full time job
>give my mom all my money to help with bills
>work construction jobs
>get taught how to weld
>become a traveling industrial pipe welder
>make more money than I know what to do with
>will pay off my first house when I turn 30
>all this while being literal dumbfuck that can't into long division because only have a 9th grade education
>mfw I hear people my age talking about how they are enslaved to the student loan Jew

Who /bluecollar/ master race here? You college fags are welcome for making your existence possible.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.