[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry for starting a meta thread, but I have a serious complaint

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
Sorry for starting a meta thread, but I have a serious complaint about something.
Ever since the introduction of flags (I mean, accurate ones that depend on your IP, not random), the post quality has steadily gone down. Anons get insulted merely because of their flags, and their arguments remain undebated. I know it's stupid to want better posts on a *chan but honestly, think how better discussion would be if people couldn't call you:
>amerishart
>POO
>leaf
>cuck
>ahmed
>roach
>etc.
Sure, some people might not like this, and won't giggle as much when on /pol/, but is that the point of /pol/? A cheap, forgettable giggle?
What's the point to having an accurate flag on a politics board anyway? It's only distracting.
>>
>flag
shut up faggot
>>
File: 1496409145265.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496409145265.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
>>128397847
shut up you bulgar faggot. leave the macedonians alone.
>>
Agreed. The flags are fun for taunting others, but they often just become an easy deflection for someone losing an argument. Not to mention all of the shills invading since the US election causing crap. Honestly, 8/pol/ has become a better place to have an actual discussion these days.
>>
Suck it up. My flag means people think I'm shitposting/trolling when I'm making a serious point, and do you see me complaining? No, I push through all that and find ways to show the board that I'm sincere and that I'm the most thoughtful and charming man posting here.
>>
>>128397847
>What's the point to having an accurate flag on a politics board anyway? It's only distracting.
>thinks politics is about ideas, not interests
I like knowing who the burgers are so I can disregard them, as they are invariably trolling for their corporate masters and not themselves.
>>
>>128398255

Could you just stop fucking shitposting for 5 minutes and allow us to actually have a serious discussion here?
>>
>>128397847
I dunno, I think its a fun way to see how views differ around the world. I like the flags.

Nobody in a serious argument views flag insults as legitimate criticisms
>>
>>128397847
It's better with them.
>>
>>128398255
good man
>>
>>128398401
>I like knowing who the burgers are
You can pretty easily tell them apart, to be honest.
>thinks politics is about ideas, not interests
It should be that way, to be honest.
>>128398469
I can see from your viewpoint, but don't you think the general post quality has fallen because of the flags? I haven't seen a serious, well debated argument (read: 20+ posts, each more than 1500 characters) in ages.
>>
>>128397847
I guarantee (geoloc) flags have been here much longer than your bitchass has.
>>
Bring back flag selection UI for /pol/ with the ideology flags so we can represent some ideas with our flags on the idea board

Leave it this way for /bant/ to facilitate bantz.
>>
>>128398791
You're wrong - but anyway, is that the fucking subject of this thread? You're just moving the goalpost here.
Flags were a neat introduction at first, I admit, but don't tell me you haven't seen the negative impact they've had on discussion.
>>
File: distributism.png (19KB, 1264x1500px) Image search: [Google]
distributism.png
19KB, 1264x1500px
>>128398750
I honestly don't know, I'm a newfag. I liked the discussion so I commented.

>>128399020
This sounds like a good idea. I would go for ideology flags, either in addition or replacing nationality.
>>
>>128398750
>You can pretty easily tell them apart, to be honest.
Yes. The less time I'm forced to spend listening to them, the better. Filtering out burgerflags automatically makes it much easier to put corporate hacks on mute.
>It should be that way, to be honest.
No, it shouldn't. That leads to politics taking the place of religion, with all the drama, corruption, misdirection and fantasism that entails.
Idealism is for escapists. Cynicism is for realists. People have interests and there's no getting around that. Time to stop sacrificing blood, sweat, and tears to fucking concepts.
>>
>>128399272
Wait, no, you misunderstood me. You can pretty easily tell a "burger" apart from an actual, serious american - or hell, apart from everybody else, even if you don't have a flag of his country right next to his post.
>>
>>128399463
I'm almost of the opinion that actual, serious Americans are using foreign proxies anyway.
>>
>>128399020
Pretty much this. This way /bant/ might actually get the users it needs to become an independent board and /pol/ would actually become slightly better.
>>
>>128400301
I mean, this isn't likely to stop people from posting BLACKED, hapa and other stuff that has nothing to do with politics but the board quality would rise a bit since people would no longer be able to strawman as easily.
>>
>>128397847
This is not reddit
>>
>>128397847

Just ignore them and don't reply to them, the people who insult you based on your flag alone are ironically the worst posters on this board
>>
>>128400517
What the fuck do you mean?
/pol/ was arguably at its' best when it didn't have IP-dependent flags.
>>
>>128397847
Get off your VPN YOU GODDAM FUCKING LEAF IN DISGUISE.
>>
>>128397847
>sorry for starting a meta thread

Not sorry enough. Quit filling pol with stupid shit.
>>
>>128397847
Go back to faggit you faggot if you need a safe space. The flags are one of the best things about pol along with the ids

It keeps saying this post is spam
>>
>>128400640
Makes sense, but think about it - the flags are still enabling people to behave like that. And this is a rather loud part of /pol/. Flag culture became an actual thing.
>>128400861
>pol
You're spelling it that way ironically, right?
>>
File: funny-preparation-H.jpg (145KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
funny-preparation-H.jpg
145KB, 800x567px
>>128397847
OP I have remedy for you you delicate Booger'ijan snowflake
>>
>>128400861
Don't fight the thread trying to curb some of the autism.
>>
>>128397847
Sorry you feel this way annon but this site has taught me that canada is americas worst enemy and needs to be annihilated also if you cant handle the bantz get off the chan. 4chan has always been about being offensive and pressing buttons.
>>
>>128400919
Okay, defend the flags. Make an argument for them.
>>128400994
>>128401073
Nobody has really mocked my flag if that's what you mean. I'm not mad at people for insulting me or anything like that. I'm just stating my observations.
>>
>>128397847
i miss the natsoc flags
>>
>>128400945

Shitty posters will be shitty posters no matter how you structure the site. Flags provide easy bait that draws them out so you can identify them more easily.

I actually like flags (plus the extra flags extension) because it gives you an idea of the social and political context that an individual poster comes from
>>
Remember the Nazi flag posting on old /pol/
>>
File: 1457367653414.png (47KB, 1056x587px) Image search: [Google]
1457367653414.png
47KB, 1056x587px
>>128397847
ive noticed the change since the flag changes as well. /pol/ has gone mainstream and reddit has always been the boogeyman but ive seen the rise of the whole /r/4chan thing in the past 3 or 4 years. now its full of legitimate newfags that most likely came from facebook and /r/4chan for cheap laughs and shit posts. everybody acting like idiots has attracted real idiots that think they're in good company, and now you're outnumbered.
>>
File: bulgarian-stereotypes-12[1].jpg (73KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
bulgarian-stereotypes-12[1].jpg
73KB, 440x330px
>>128397847

>fucking Bulgies
>>
>>128398255
Jesus fucking Christ, Bruce, would it kill you to take things seriously and stop shitposting for five fucking seconds?
>>
>>128397847
It's alright, budget Russia.
>>
Mate I have had plenty of high quality discussions and debates here and other than bwing a cheeky cunt now and then, flags never come into it.

Flags INITIATE conversations not hinder them. You can be in an economic politics thread and see an American, so you immediately know you can ask him about his viewpoint.
9 times out of 10 flagposts get ignored unless it's a get or a stereotype flag posts something retarded.

TLDR
just some siq banter m8 stop being a soft cunt and ignore em ya poonce
>>
>>128401731
kek
hippie pig
>>
>>128397847
I am convinced that theese flags are mostly fake. 90% of people on 4chan are American or Canadian. If you see any other flag, it is just an American using a proxy.
>>
>>128403575
I'm waiting for some faggot(s) to cry that flags are discriminatory element of /pol/
Maybe there should be only flag to ID burgers, rest of the World posters would have no flags.
>>
>>128398464
>>128401758
back to plebbit
>>
>>128398255
more top quality banter

fuck, m8
>>
>>128397847
Flags are fine. And you can even start forming a pic about where all the cuckery comes from.
>>
>>128397847
>t. swedecuck with a Bulgarian proxy
>>
>>128405312
>>t. swedecuck with a Bulgarian proxy
That's why I propose this solution,
>>128404074
>Maybe there should be only flag to ID burgers, rest of the World posters would have no flags.
>>
>>128405312
I'm no master debater but I'm pretty sure you just proved his point
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.