[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liberals are always pushing for us all to use green energy like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Liberals are always pushing for us all to use green energy like solar panels and stop using fossil fuels, while conservatives are saying that solar panels are inefficient and shouldn't be subsidized by the government at all.

I'm against a country becoming reliant on solar panels because it requires too much space and resources to install, and I'm against fossil fuels because it's wasteful to not utilize the carbon dioxide emitted.

I think we should all just go nuclear. It's a much more efficient way to generate energy, and with some more research we could make it even safer. It would give a country a competitive advantage since nuclear is such an efficient energy source, and also be good for the environment because it doesn't release as much pollution.
>>
first for molten salt
>>
File: 1483301638932.gif (595KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483301638932.gif
595KB, 480x360px
>>128283111

>>This

All the live long day
>>
>>128283064
Uranium fission works, it's safe, it's efficient, it's reliable, and it's the best option for replacing fossil fuels in the long term until researchers can work out the kinks with LFTR or fusion.
>>
Actually, an antimatter-matter reactor would be best, but we're not there yet.
>>
>>128283064
OP hummanty is closer to completely clean energy than you think maybe 10-20 years probably

https://www.sciencealert.com/first-of-its-kind-german-stellarator-could-revolutionise-the-way-we-use-energy
>>
>Liberals are retards that make decisions based on emotion rather than factual evidence : News at 11

There are so many modern designs, but they won't let us use them so were stuck with 50 year old plants that are still relatively safe but not as safe as modern designs.
>>
File: img2.png (2MB, 4167x2917px) Image search: [Google]
img2.png
2MB, 4167x2917px
>>128283064

>I'm against a country becoming reliant on solar panels because it requires too much space and resources to install

Can we just stop with the meme that solar will ever be anything else than a small part of the electricity system?
After years of spending about 15 billion euros on solar subsidies pic related is the best the Germans could do with solar.
>>
>>128284708
Modern designs are also vastly more efficient. 4th gen breeder plants average 1GW per reactor now. A new, standard, four reactor plant would have about 5 times the installed capacity of most of the older single reactor plants in the US, while producing about 5% of the waste.
>>
File: Germany_Solar_Capacity_Added.png (11KB, 977x637px) Image search: [Google]
Germany_Solar_Capacity_Added.png
11KB, 977x637px
>>128286355

cont.

And of course as soon as the Germans reduced their subsidies, solar installations crashed.

The "solar revolution" is basically already over in Germany.
>>
>>128284426
fission
>discover neutron
>20 years later build reactor that produce 5MW electrical power without help of computers
fusion
>50 years from building first fusion reactor
>continuous operation still counted in seconds
>can't even break net positive on energy consumption/production

>>128283614
And from where we will get all that antimatter for reactors?
>>
>>128287804
Fusion is easy - any highschooler with a rich parent can build a simple Farnsworth fusor for a science fair and fuse some deuterium.

The hard part is engineering a way to pull it off without using more power to confine and operate the fusion plasma than you get out of the reaction.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.