[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEATTLE $15/HOUR MIN WAGE. 2.8% UNEMPLOYMENT. BRITISH RETARD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 22

>>
>>128236773
Raised minimum wage increases costs of goods and services, ad infinitum.
>>
>>128236843
Costs of goods and services have increased independent of min wage

prove this baseless claim
>>
>>128236773
Economics has large amounts of lag.

It's why they always specify short-term and long-term effects.
>>
As a software engineer in Seattle making $60 an hour how does this affect me?
>>
coming from someone who's lived in half a dozen cities all over the US and been to 48 states, seattle is easily one of the nicest places to be and live I've ever been to. regardless of whatever political neurosis you have about it, it's simply nice there. sure stuff is a little bit more expensive but that didn't matter to me at all when I was making three times as much money as I do elsewhere. coming from someone who wants to literally eradicate blacks from the face of the earth, there is no reason to not demand higher wages and the reason you think contrary to this is because of propaganda engineered by the powerful.

>>128237139
this, honestly. costs of everything are rising everywhere and if your wage isn't rising with it I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>128237388
You're getting closer to the bottom rung is all.
>>
>>128237139
>States that X can cause Y
>In response states that X isn't the only thing that causes Y, as other things can also increase it
Demand goes up for goods that lower income people tend to buy, as low income people now have more money. As a result, the cost of those goods go up.
>>
File: IMG_9908.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9908.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>128236773
Infowars cnn mploy kathy griffin its public knowledge. Paul joseph watsons twitter picture rocks hello sharia blue!
>>
>>128237558
Mom and pop store, owners work really hard and earn enough money to employ 3 people and make a decent living.
Minimum wage doubles, mom and pop are forced to choose between giving up their earnings, laying an employee off, or doubling their prices.

Meanwhile, Walmart has enough funding to undercut mom and pop until mom and pop can't afford to compete any longer. Mom and pop go out of business, Walmart raises prices.

There is a reason Democrats and big businesses push for higher wages
>>
>>128236773
Those are stats for the metro area not the city dipshit
>>
>>128237388
What kind of company do you work at? I'm in the bay making 100k a year, but I hate my company because its too much proprietary software.
>>
>>128237388

Your living expenses go up. It's effectively just local inflation but your wages won't rise to compensate :)
>>
It takes a while for the shit to flow down the hill... eventually businesses will be forced out of the city or out of business.. but it will happen
>>
>>128236773
>>128238309
>>128237558
https://evans.uw.edu/sites/default/files/MinWageReport-July2016_Final.pdf
I suggest you read this. Basically, the minimum wage had very little impact on business failure rates; HOWEVER, Seattle has been in a tech boom which would offset the negative consequences. Additionally, Seattle's low wage workers benefitted mostly from the economic boom with the increase on the minimum wage having very little attributable impact to their average wages. Also much of this newfound increase was offset by lagging increases in hours worked and employment at minimum wage
>tl;dr Obamaleaf is being disingenuous by ignoring the massive tech boom in Seattle and using general unemployment rate instead of unemployment rate at minimum wage.
>>128237388
You are fine for now.
>>
>>128236773
Seattle, like SF, is a very high income area.
>>
File: IMG_0356.jpg (65KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.jpg
65KB, 685x567px
>>128236773
>one of the few majority non-black and brown major cities in US
>Seattle is 83.3% white and asian
>>
File: 235613513513.jpg (83KB, 501x762px) Image search: [Google]
235613513513.jpg
83KB, 501x762px
>>128236773
Businesses are shifting away from full-time employees to part-time and casual. They can have more flexibility with staff, sick/absent staff have less impact on productivity as they don't take up large chunks of time/investment, and the business ca then claim to support the local economy by employing more staff than their competitors. This results in employment figures going up, and unemployment going down, but the overall earnings for staff go down, as they are forced to work fewer hours. While the figures make everything seem good, the real effects experienced by the people is worse.

The same thing is happening in Australia.
>>
>>128236773
Buuuut businesses eill go out of business! They cant afford 15 an hour...
>>
>>128236773
They don't count all the homeless ppl everywhere, do they?
>>
Reminder that the wage argument is used to distract from the real problem which is inflation. The left and right wing media get us to fight over a symptom while we ignore the problem of central banks devaluing our currency by buying securities from the public. Flooding our markets with too much capital.
>>
>>128239521
>overall earnings go down
>>128237626
>everyone is making so much money there is mass inflation and no one can afford anything.

just pick one story and stick to it lmao
>>
>>128236773
most companies have been at 15/h for at leas thte last year, some two.
>>
>>128236843
Taised minimum wage only increases prices because the people have more goods for consumption, snd more % of population is comsuming more, retard.

Minimum wage does not cause inflation
>>
>>128239865
Did you read what I was responding to? He said to prove increased minimum wage would lead to increased prices, nor am I the same poster. Honestly I am disappointed by this fake Obamaleaf thread.
>>
What people don't understand is that raising the min-wage just makes it harder for young people to get job experience. Increasing min-wage makes it harder for companies to hire part time high school and college students, which doesn't show impact in employment rates even though it will hurt them in the long run.

On the flip side of this though, wages in Seattle were already pretty high so the increase in min-wage barely changed anything. The impacts are much smaller than either side of the argument would have you believe
>>
Sounds like my city.
Doing well already, less than 3% unemployment including all the hobos Seattle sends here. damn near no jobs to be found that pay less than 11 per hour, and the city is pushing for a 10 dollar minimum wage so they can look good.

Oh and fuck you for sending all your homeless here Seattle
I hope your volcano explodes and you all burn alive.
>>
>>128236773
Seattle is a place where it's reasonable, though I think 11 or 12 would be better. 15 is a big fuck you to anyone who worked hard for a few bucks over minimum wage. You don't need 30 grand a year from the first workplace you stumble into.

It is the desire for $15 nationwide that is pants-on-head retarded. I don't think $15 is truly reasonable for any place except maybe Manhattan.
>>
>>128240151
IT doesnt, 10 pounds of potatoes seattle costs 12 dollars 10 pounds potatoes in georgia where minimum wage is $5 is $10

So choose either 108 dollars a day after food costs or making 48 dollars a day after food costs, remt is an arbituary theft and has no place in economy other than simply arbituary extortion, and is not an argument.
>>
>>128239787
And this board buys into it, hook, line, and sinker. I'm 32, I'm not old, but I'm not exactly young. I remember getting political fervor hard in my young adult years, but the left vs right kind. Not much objective thought went into what the other side agreed with, or negative parts with those I agreed with.

After Bush I backed away from political parties and partisan based reasoning, and realized we are being played and the party based politics is all part of the game. Looking at /pol/ it's like seeing thousands of me back then, blinded by hatred for the other side (and the other side blinded by hatred for their ilk), far too blind to see the real issues, and what really must be done.
>>
>>128236773
personally i think britain is under far worse shit than america right now
>>
>>128236773
>seattle raises min wage to 15 dollars
>Trump's mass deportations create a labor shortage that justifies it
>Obongoleaf continues to praise the shitty, jobless years of Obama because there was job growth on paper
>>
>>128240545
"Need" fuck off nigger crab, the golden age was when you could get a factory job after highschool buy a house and start a family.>>128240696
>>
File: IMG_2469.png (119KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2469.png
119KB, 640x1136px
>>128240545
Why would you think that?
>>
File: american-cost-of-living.jpg (86KB, 620x479px) Image search: [Google]
american-cost-of-living.jpg
86KB, 620x479px
>>128240601
>Selectively decide the goalposts
>Still did not even understand what I was arguing
You literally admitted it does, an increased minimum wage leads to an increased demand for things often purchased by low income households. So regardless of whether or not you believe that minimum wage will force businesses to increase cost due to labor, it still raises the cost of living in the area for lower income people (coincidentally screwing over people in poverty that do not have jobs)
And why would rent not be factored into cost of living, that is fucking stupid. It is part of the cost of living in a city. Pic related was the best pic I could find off of Jewgle to compare cost of living in cities, minimum wage is not 5$ nationwide it is 7.50$ nationwide. Additionally why potatoes, potatoes are grown in Idaho directly next to Washington. That is a piss poor selective indicator.
>>
>>128241272
No it diesnt you stupid retard, its just more people habe more money and are vonsuming more if the production, minimum wage effects distribution of prifits in a business not anything else, if everyone was a slave at 0 dollars an hour and the employer purchases goods at the same smounts as would the slaves, prices would increase.
>>
>>128241517
Affects*
>>
>>128241517
When demand goes up with a corresponding increase in supply, what happens? Also I don't think you understand that le ebil business owner and poor downtrodden proles don't buy the same things at all WHICH IS WHY I SAID THINGS OFTEN PURCHASED BY LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLDS. On top of this the business owner is much more likely to invest excess profits into making more money.
>>128241691
Is that the only thing you are going to correct spelling wise?
>>
>>128238309
Then why is Walmart a major contributor to the Republican party?
>>
>>128237388
>software engineers not salaried

thats funny, you almost had us
>>
>>128241832
Shit
>*without a corresponding increase
>>
>>128241272
How to decrease unemployment the Seattle way
Make everything cost more so the bums leave.

Brilliant!
>>
File: Shareblue-Crew-Sample-COPY-0-1.jpg (12KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
Shareblue-Crew-Sample-COPY-0-1.jpg
12KB, 219x230px
>>128239491
what the fuck? /pol/ told me it was full of homosexual shitskins? did /pol/ lie again!
>>
>>128242056
Seattle can simply build a couple of containment buildings for the bums but the housing market and land lords (((()))) bleeds us dry...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
>>
>>128242188
Seattle is one of the whitest cities in the US, when I went there for surgery it was like a fucking utopia compared to my relative third world city.
>>
>>128242188
/pol/ would rather live in a state with delapadated buildings, tons of niggers, and horrible weather just because it's red, instead of an actually place like Washington
>>
>>128242544
*actially nice
>>
>>128242297
>containment centers for the homeless
Are you sure you are a commie?
Also the housing is so expensive because literally everyone moving there is going to be making obscene amounts of money.
>>
>>128242687
I am pro workers, I dont care about marxism.
>>
>>128237388
See: >>128237588

It is the process we are witnessing where they reduce the value of everyone's labor, regardless of specialization or mental overhead.
>>
>>128242188

Washington is an awesome state. The only bad part for most of /pol/ (besides the state leaning left on most issues), but it still also has some good right wing policies. I can open carry and go buy some weed from a dispensary while enjoying the beautiful bi-partisan supported national parks. Also, this was one of Bernie's biggest states, if not the most significant.

And I guess a lot of Mexicans in some areas, but to be honest after having to live with and work among them vs Californian Mexicans, Washington Mexicans are pretty good people. The mid aged men especially are hard ass fucking workers. The teens can be complete punks though.

Still, overall, Washington is beautiful and awesome. Just make sure to get your chill on before you go there. Depending on where you travel in it, you may find yourself surrounded by people who would trigger this place.
>>
>>128237626
>Demand goes up for goods that lower income people tend to buy
meaning that those people were buying them regardless of price

i don't see how demand would rise.
>>
>>128242687
How much money would seattle people have if rent was controlled to be 400$ a month?

But this crab in a bucket mentality of losing more money to drain the blood of others is pretty retarded and dies not affect you whatsoever other than others have more along with you.
>>
>>128242813
Yeah okay bud.
>>128242933
The people buying them now have more money, so they are willing to pay more for them and will buy them in larger amounts. People are always buying products, but if they have more money, they tend to buy more products. Thus an increase in the demand.
>>
Oh please nigger any fool can make a graph even a shitskin Cannuck !!
>>
>>128237558
I lived in Seattle for a decade and it's filled with crime and hobos on literally every fucking street with junkies swaying up the sidewalks strung out on heroin.

Seattle is a shit hole.

In regards to your "higher wage" argument, see: >>128242893
>>
>>128243061
You are either pro workers or anti workers, Communism is a spook invented to destroy worker rights.
>>
>>128242946
Seattle would have a massive housing shortage. So yeah, the workers would probably have plenty of cash, they would have to spend all night counting it inside their cardboard boxes. The fact of the matter is that the workers that you care so much about will just have to live outside the city and commute.
>>
>>128236773
>Increase minimum wage
>Increase in day to day living
>Standing in a bucket and trying to lift yourself up by pulling the handle
>Faggots
>>
>>128243216
Fuck off jidf
>>
>>128243299
This binary of either pro or anti that sounds pretty marxist to me.
>>
>>128242912

Seriously shut the fuck up. You are a californian and not fucking wanted here. This place was great up until 2008 when all of you faggots started showing up en masse.
>>
>>128243306
>theres more houses than people
>houses are distributed
Tell me issue with conpleting the housing marjet in regards to housing people other than the profits of people dedivated to ensuring a secrion of the population slaves away to afford their own house?
>>
>>128236773
Of course their unemployment is low - anyone who loses there job isn't going to be able to afford to keep living in Seattle.
>>
>>128243393
I'm not a Mexican faggot. I've just lived in California for a few years in my youth due to my Dad having to travel for his job.
>>
>>128243357
You must be retarded then.
If you cant say pro wirkers then youre an enemy of workers.
>>
>>128243477
There isn't more housing than people in Seattle, if the landlords can sell or rent they fucking will. Everyone with any sort of degree is banging on the door to get into Seattle. If it were true that there were more houses than people (these houses actually being permanently vacant, not just transitioning from tenant to tenant) then there would be no need for a price ceiling.
>>128243546
Yep that is definitely marxist rhetoric
>>
File: IMG_2667.png (86KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2667.png
86KB, 640x1136px
>>128243546
>>
File: 1479888598246.jpg (65KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1479888598246.jpg
65KB, 601x601px
>prices increase in Washington
>all those California fags start flooding in here from Seattle into Portland
>fuck up my beautiful Oregon too

We need a fucking Cascadian wall.
>>
>>128243333
>calls me JIDF
Lots of JIDF in Capitol Hill, the CD, West Seattle and Renton

Seattle is a shit hole.
>>
>>128243696
You are against workers then, an enemy.
>>
>>128240665
Back to rebbit faggot.
>>
>>128243534

There is nothing in this world worse than a Californian. Go home. You are not respected here. Washington born latinos are infinitely more revered than you. I bet you have La tattoos on your knuckles, and your mom has a neck tattoo of racing flags.

Go home Dakota.
>>
>>128243723
>tfw BC, Alaska, Yukon and Alberta will never form an independent country and reinstitute the Chinese head tax
Why live
>>
File: apple 3.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
apple 3.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>128243723

You're cool.
>>
>>128241076
Why is it that you think this isn't possible anymore or at least is much more difficult now? Is it the kikes or is society signaling that it doesn't need anymore fucking people? You can afford a 1 bedroom, a car payment and a decent living otherwise with $15. Now you're telling me you feel entitled to a house and a family of four just for having a pulse? Go find a way to trigger an economic boom on par with the 50s or fuck off.

>>128241167

This is all in USD? Anyways it means very little because it is not being compared to purchasing power in the respective countries. United States isn't enjoying the same domestic prosperity as Scandinavia, but we're also much larger and more complex. I don't see white collar professionals lining up around the block to emigrate to Australia.
>>
>>128243772
t. Walton
>>
>>128243757
lol renton is one of the biggest shitholes in the region
>>
>>128243770
My plan is this, invrease minimum wage to $15 an hour, control rent to $400 maximum, start state prograns to construct houses for state goals of individuals or paid for the state costs of the laborers/admins of such in increased tax salaries until the debt is paid, nationalize education, build factories and start state programs for infastructure via labor, erase all college debt from individuals, nationalize healthcare, partially nationalize all resource extractions of the land and distribute a % of the profits of the common land to citizens.
I can make much more.
>>
>>128236773
It's obvious you're not obamaleaf, he's far more autistic
>>
>>128243770
Yep definitely a marxist, nope I prefer the non starving variety of worker sorry
>>
>>128243996
And more to the point >>128241167
your chart actually provides a perfect example as to why $15 nationwide is unrealistic. $15/hr in Minnesota is a fortune compared to the coasts where it is the low end of what could be considered a living wage. A chart depicting 'median wealth' (is that wage/salary? odd word choice) of various countries with 0 context is irrelevant to the argument of the minimum wage. Or any argument really.
>>
>>128236773
thats only because half the racist in the state moved to ohio after chinas military invaded the state that 1 time a few years ago

vasically some yuppy faggots who are lefty hated chinks and had their sons join the national guard and they were responding to nigs chimping out and they decided to just open fire on the gooks and then china invaded. some of the yuppy faggots took a cyanide pill others just moved. regardless probably 1/8 the population relocated
>>
File: 1496388003137.jpg (303KB, 598x714px) Image search: [Google]
1496388003137.jpg
303KB, 598x714px
>>128237558
>wants to eradicate blacks
>likes Seattle

What the fuck are you on about? Seattle is literally full of niggers. Almost every part of it/. It's unbearable.
>>
>>128244378
huh? What are you talking about with Chinese invading? There's always been a large chink population in Seattle.
>>
>>128243996
>you feel entitled
To more of the profits workers produce, yes.
And yes I believe everyone should be given more and more 50 houses each whatever state can produce.
>>
>>128244480
the county its in is named after MLK
>>
>>128244480
Aggressive niggers too, they're not even regular niggers. Seattle is one of the worst cities I've ever lived in. Crime there is horrible. I'm sure it's great for a tourist destination but if you spend any significant amount of time there you will see the crime is absurd and 99% the time, the police don't even get called or show up.
>>
>>128244564
OK so you're a communist. Glad we established that off the bat.
>>
>tfw laid off in Seattle two weeks ago and have to go to this shitty orientation to get unemployment while I apply for new jobs
>>
>>128244480
Again reactionary retard, I understand youre sn enemy of eorkers who wants them to have as leadt as possibke and yiu with the most amount as possible, I understand.

You want a cookie?
>>
>>128241893

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprecips.php?id=d000000367&cycle=2016

It's about 60/40.

They are located more heavily in red voting counties and states.

They just want to build their shit and will lobby whoever they have to. It isn't sken partisan hack job.
>>
>>128244676
You've either never been there, have spent most of your life in suburbs, or are lying for some reason.
>>
>>128243723

Buy a house, watch it go to a million bucks and then sell it.

That's what I am doing.
>>
>>128244769
Tell me where I advocated for a stateless society without property rights? >>128244884
And how exactly is giving people more rights abd properties for self going to lead to communism?
I am not for any bolshevik revolutionary party to build communism.
>>
>>128244313
Increasing minimum wage on the federal level is a bad bad bad bad bad fucking plan. In New York this will be negligible, but it will absolutely devastate places with low costs of living. Besides increasing the minimum wage hurts the poor that lack jobs as their cost of living rises (this isn't even some conservative economic argument, this is an economic reality)

Effective price ceilings always resort in shortages.

State constructed housing tends to be of low quality, also expensive as shit and won't really solve housing shortages unless you plan on making this state housing tenement efficiencies.

Increasing taxes is self explanatory, people like to keep their money

nationalize education, we already have public K-12. Personally I don't see the current public education system as efficient as charter could potentially be. Free college is a fucking meme, but that would require 3 posts to explain

building factories to produce what exactly, you are creating a bubble which will pop because there was no demand for that factory. Building bridges to nowhere, contrary to popular belief, is devastating for an economy in the long run

Infrastructural spending is fine, wouldn't mind an increase there

No. Wiping college debt with other people's money subsidizes people that pick stupid majors that don't pay for themselves. There is no demand for their majors, encouraging them to pick stupid majors is going to be bad, not to mention the moral argument of "well you just fucked over everyone without college debt"

Nationalized healthcare would require 3 posts to fully explain

NO NO NO NO NO redistribution=bad fucking plan. Everywhere this exact nationalization is adopted mono-cultured economies develop and entire sectors are destroyed. Don't pull a Zimbabwe or Venezuela.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_76c.jpg (31KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_76c.jpg
31KB, 250x354px
>>128243940
>>
>>128244480
You ever been to New Orleans, I would trade Seattle for New Orleans any day.
>>
>>128245197
I hate Anericans because their false "identity" is based on material wealth class and other arbituary stupidity usa needs 2 nukes
>>
>>128245197
So you want more for you but not for anyone else? Why don't you work for it. Also communism is never stateless, you're thinking of marxism which is different.
>>
>>128245344
But how else will other people know I'm better than them?
>>
>>128242015
He's probably working for Nintendo as a contract worker.
>>
>>128244676
This guy knows what he's talking about, apes run rampart in Seattle. I've watched a fight go on for ten minutes in the dead on night, in downtown before any police presence showed up.
>>128245052
This guy lives in like Madrona, Laurelhurst, or Windermere and never leaves his house.
>>128244884
This guy is probably just pretending to be retarded. Giving me a chuckle.
>>
>>128245197
Never said you were a communist, but you are a marxist.
>>128245344
Nope, this is what commies and Europeans (commies) think.
>>
>>128241167
It costs $40 for a fuckin bottle of fermented dingo piss in australia. I think ill ya sick cunt
>>
>>128245484
Communism is marxism Social unity is not marxism, you are rither kike, psychopath, chink or other anaryan vermin.
>>
>>128242015
Contract workers at Microshaft, Scamazon and other tech companies aren't always salaried you daft cunt.
>>
>>128236773
seattle is awful
if you want depression for 9 months of the year
live in a single rm apt for $1500
be surrounded by 'liberals' who only care about money
and deal with sjw roasties that don't exercise
be my guest
>>
>>128245344
"Amerixan" "nation" there is no nation or any such thing as Americans, under this social system I care as much for a neighbor as a mongol.
>>
>>128242912
>>128243393
I grew up in Seattle and left as soon as I was 18. Place has shit weather. Is a SJW paradise. Only tech jobs are Microshit or amazon. Girls are all gross. Most girls who is above a 4 in Seattle leaves to California. Anything left just gets passed around until she is 35.
>>
>>128245313

Actually, no. I have had the good fortune to stay away from cities absolutely teeming with blacks. It is getting worse with each passing year out here though.
>>
File: 1427456545154.jpg (16KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1427456545154.jpg
16KB, 283x283px
>>128245594
karl, it's time to...
>>
>>128245714
So dying for these "Americans" when soneone wouldnt care if neighbor is eaten by wolves is hilarious and extremely stupid how individualists anti collectivists republicans support sich a socialist entity that robs them as the military.
>>
>>128243940

BC would never do that because they've been under control of California-tier commie NDP leaders for decades.

Alberta is only starting to get a taste of the NDP dick and it's already looking to be fucking horrible. Case and Point: they are trying to levy a CARBON TAX on oil companies during a fucking down turn in oil prices (i.e. their livelihood).
>>
>>128237388
You just got closer to being low class. Things are going to get harder for you financially.
>>
>>128245480
I lived in Ballard for a few years. 10 minutes from the beach. Roamed all around the city and the worst it has to offer are drug addicts and crazy hobos except for areas of downtown where there is organized petty crime.

Sounds like you live in West Seattle or the south end, in which case it's a different vibe but not dangerous compared to the worst areas of any other US city.
>>
>>128245905
Socialism when it suits corporate interests, individualism vulture capitalism to the people.
>>
>>128245803
Trust me, it gets ten times worse than how it is now.
>>128245594
Marxism is a sociological concept, most of /pol/ and people in general don't fully understand what Marxism is. Before one of you faggots calls me a commie, I hate Marxism. Basically you set up this binary of workers (oppressed) and the non-workers (oppressors), and you believe that the workers will inevitably win because this is what has happened in the past with the French Middle Class and the Feudal Lords and shit. This is the cliffnotes version of course, but this is why you sound like a Marxist. Maybe you don't believe it ends in a magical commie utopia, but you still are definitely influenced by Marxism.
>>
>>128245940
I've lived in North Seattle, but I've been working all over Seattle for 5 years or so. The thing is there are large black populations everywhere in Seattle now. The druggy situation probably hasn't increased but they're definitely more brazen about than ever. Walking up to you in broad daylight, asking if you can shield them from view while they light up a crack pipe. The city is going down the shithole and going to wind up as bad as somewhere like Jew York or Chicongo.
>>
>>128236843

That's not accurate. The issue is that while the cost to produce goods have stayed the same relative to inflation, prices have risen while wages have totally stagnated.

Taking inflation into account, minimum wage of $15 in some cities isn't crazy.

I mean, if you back several decades you're looking at effective minimum wages of between $9-12 in today money.

There needs to be an incentive for employers to pay put their extra earnings in wages. Right now you have companies posting record profits while the middle class continues to shrink and decline.
>>
>>128245940

He will be fine.

He just won't realize just how badly he is being taken advantage of.

Things will get more expensive and he will thank his lucky stars that he has a job where he can pay the bills. He will then vote blue to help those who can't pay their bills because he erroneously assumes that everyone else is being as fleeced as badly as he is.

He will work his life away and be happy to do it. I will be grateful for his sacrifice.
>>
>>128246210
Marx was the one that touted that perfect communism would be stateless. Real communism always involves a central authority and somehow the anarchist communist paradise fails to occur.
>>
>>128237558
I was making three times the amount as anywhere else. You should've been more discreet shareblue. Seattle and especially portland are junkie and homeless ridden cesspool's
>>
>>128246210
No, you are either pro workers or anti workers there is no historical narrative only todays workers interests to family, higher pay, housing and such, pro workers will suceede and those anti workers will be embargoed yo be left to obtain money without workers involvement or allowed to trade with any service worker.
>>
>>128246190
Vultures to the people comfy socialism no fear seats to the corpration
>>
>>128246569
The services of workers belongs to the workers, and so those anti workers will be antied by services.
>>
>>128246567

There is nothing good in any city that isn't a tourist destination.

Tourist destinations have a vested interest in keeping the place from being shit. Meanwhile you have an infinite flow outside money and relatively low demand for housing.

Cheap to live, cheap to play. Go into medical, legal, accounting or finance and you can have a well paying job anywhere in the country.

It's only beta male tech geeks that get stuck in SF or Seattle.
>>
File: IMG_2657.png (10KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2657.png
10KB, 420x420px
>>128246680
>corporation fails
>takes your money
>individual fails
>loser go die
The tree of socislism solely to big wigs capitalism is good for you goyim.
>>
>>128236773
seattle is like switzerland

everyone knows it's rich and doing well but no one gives a fuck
>>
>>128246828
Yeah no I am sorry you are a marxist.
>>
There's homeless people everywhere.
>>
>>128247068
You can say what you want, I hsve no desire to remove private property therefore not marxist.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>128242015
So much this
>>
>>128236773
>people who don't live in or near seattle think it's the best place ever
>people who have to deal with their bullshit all the time know it's a shithole
every time
>>
>>128245779
>shit weather
t. californian

I was born in the rain, molded by the rain. I didn't see a clear day until I was already a man
>>
>>128246873
lol yea you're seriously delusional about your homeless/junkie infested city. There are many cities in America that are not tourists areas that are nice. Enjoy your god awful depressing shit hole
>>
>>128236773
remind me again how many hundreds of homeless people there are in seattle. what are they employed as, fix givers? that pays fifteen an hour too?
>>
>>128236773
2.8% unemployment is way under the 4-6% healthy unemployment rate. Seattle would crash and burn if it continued that.
Either bait or shit economic logic.
>>
File: mexico valley.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
mexico valley.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>128247782
didn't you know?
homeless don't count as unemployed
>>
>>128247631

Me neither but i prefer living in Arizona to Seattle
>>
>>128236773

>a trend over 6 years that was happened
>still happened

This proves nothing.
>>
>>128248050
I'd love to move to arizona, honestly
mostly to avoid the liberals
>>
>>128247665

You misjudge me.

I don't live in a city. I got a job in accouting and earn good money where the rent is cheap.

If I wanted a degenerate (((city))) nightlife, I would live in Vegas or Miami. I l would go somewhere where there is an infinite supply of sluts on vacation looking to party and get dick from the locals.

There is zero reason to live in a major city. You are close to work that doesn't pay well, and close to a nightlife that is absolute shit.

All the while you could live somewhere that parties better for less money.

These cities deliver nothing of value to the people who live and work in them but they are full up anyway.
>>
>>128247892
It is one of the richest cities.
>>
>>128247902

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but they don't.

You have to be looking for work and unable to get work to be unemployed.
>>
>>128247631
Who cares if you are born in Seattle? Shit weather is shit weather.
>>
>>128242298
>>128242188
The urban PNW is SJW central and everyone knows that SJWs don't actually want to live near minorities.
>>
>>128248185

Rich but with no wealth.

Income is meaningless if I can't afford to live on this income.
>>
>>128247902
Lol. If you haven't looked for work in 4 weeks you aren't considered unemployed either, so there are millions of people in America who aren't being counted.

>People are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work.
>>
>>128248237
it's not shit
my only complaint is it being too warm in the summer
>>
>>128243962
Sup David Duke?
>>
File: trumpjew4.png (173KB, 568x595px) Image search: [Google]
trumpjew4.png
173KB, 568x595px
>>128247892
>can't let unemployment get too low
>wouldn't want wages to rise
>>
>>128236773
>file name
>>
>>128248658
>must have steady supply of tons of slaves so if obe gets uppity can remove him and cycle.
>>
File: jobopeningsjan2016recordhigh.png (39KB, 651x401px) Image search: [Google]
jobopeningsjan2016recordhigh.png
39KB, 651x401px
>>128248386
You count as discouraged though. U4 is 4.5%. Why don't right wing retards know this?

Also why aren't you lazy Trumptards looking for jobs? Job openings are at all time highs.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/U4RATE
>>
File: cold one.jpg (224KB, 1035x464px) Image search: [Google]
cold one.jpg
224KB, 1035x464px
>>128236773
The reason raising the minimum wage in one city works is because the rest of the USA (including the places manufacturing all the goods you buy at Wal-Mart) is still under shitty working conditions which means that people in Seattle get to reap the benefits of Americans elsewhere working on shitty wages. It's essentially the benefits of globalism (foreign wage slavery) contained entirely within the USA. A federal $15 minimum wage would dessimate this benefit entirely. If you shop in Seattle you'll find that the small local businesses have extortionate prices because they need to do so in order to stay afloat.

It's really not that difficult to understand.
>>
>>128248763
Unemployment should be at 0%.
>>
>>128248996
Minimum wage affects the distribution of profits generated ot isnt a subsidy or gift you retard.
>>
>>128249023
Ridiculous.
>>
>>128249096
The point of my post missed you entirely.
Living in the EU helps you to understand this shit better.
>>
>>128249023

No it should not.

We should be stable enough to where people can spend time out of work to ensure that they are in a position that optimizes their talent.

I want an unemployment rate of 4% and a labor force partipation rate of 73%.
>>
>>128247782
The number of homeless here is appalling
>>
>>128236773
It's not until 2020 or later that every company has to pay $15. Those paying it now are companies with 100+ without health coverage.
>>
>>128249168
Yes it should.
>>
>>128239491

Yep, and they secretly hate darker than yellow here. Virtue signaling is an extreme sport here to keep the façade up. It's more Racist than the deep south. I'm black and I genuinely feel sorry for blacks that live here, myself included. Been called a nigger more times here than in my hometown...and I saw a Klan March at the age of 4.
>>
>>128249491
*100+ employees
>>
>>128236773

And barely afford rent. This city is tough to live in.

Will have to move out of the city to survive. But damn, moving to White Center or Burien scare me
>>
>>128248996
This

>>128249023
>what is seasonal employment
>what is transient unemployment from layoffs

>>128249096
Wages paid to an employee are a cost-of-business, which directly effects taxes and insurance paid by the employer (hint - higher wages mean they also pay more in taxes and insurance). they are not a "redistribution of profits" as the only people who can receive profits are, by definition, the business owners, unless those profits are retained for re-investment into the business.
>>
>>128249605
Thevprofits generated by the worker the wage is the part of it he is paid.
>>
>>128238309
>predatory pricing meme

No, and no one cares about mom and pop stores if they dont support a niche market walmart cant fill they die.
>>
>>128249686
no - the worker generates revenue, not profit. his labor does not singlehandedly determine the profitability of a business.

this point is important, because it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that a given worker generates a given amount of revenue. increasing his wage does not increase his productivity. It only increases his cost.

if a worker truly generated profit, then an increase in wage would increase the profit of a business. the reality is the contrary - as a single worker generates a fixed amount of revenue, increasing his wage increases the cost-of-business, decreasing his profitability.
>>
>>128247261
Don't know about Washington, but in Texas I have never had any contract with an employer. I work as a petroleum engineer for an oil and gas royalty company. It's a smaller company (as many mineral buyers are). I make $54 an hour. In Texas, most people I know are 'hourly' with no employment contract. I mean, I could be fired Monday because one of the partners hates my shirt. They simply don't put people on salary unless you work for a massive corporation.
>>
>>128236773

>3 posts by this ID

What happened, obamaleaf? I thought you're used to spam bullshit?
>>
>>128249583
you obviously don't live here
seattlelites do hate darkies but they'll never say it to your face
getting labeled a racist is worse than animal torture here
i'm getting out because i'm sick of the virtue signaling while they laugh behind your back
>>
>>128250948
This was for the british retard from another thread. He disappeared.

>>>128233079
>>
>>128244676
Cops show up to every fucking party in the U district idk what you're talking bout anon
>>
>>128250257
"Increases cost." It distributes more of profits to the worker.
>>
>>128252608
There is no "cost" because the workee is eho is producing it.
>>
File: 1494871935189.jpg (35KB, 369x387px) Image search: [Google]
1494871935189.jpg
35KB, 369x387px
>>128236843
>all my slaves and servants should live in a box with five niggers because if I had to pay 20 more cents for a cheeseburger that would be like so gross and stuff
>>
>>128252638
>>128252608

you have literally zero idea how business - nay, money in general - works.

profits aren't being distrusted to the worker.

costs are taken from revenue. they never emerge from the business as profits.

>There is no "cost" because the workee is eho is producing it.

yes. there is a fucking cost. the worker produces something. that something has a fixed value.if the worker's wages are too high, that something's revenue never becomes profit. the worker effectively produces nothing of value.

the worker is a cost. he can produce. but his cost can be too high. meaning he produces nothing. do you fucking understand?

you're so stupid it's almost not worth arguing with you.
>>
File: 1.png (107KB, 2080x820px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
107KB, 2080x820px
>Spurious correlation fallacy
The US should really cut funding of science, it's causing suicides.
>>
>>128236843
>seatle raises minimum wage
>all businesses raise their prices nationwide

???

>inb4 muh mom and pop
Literally no one shops here anymore. Walmart and Amazon aren't raising their prices if Seattle raises their minimum wage.
>>
>>128237388
You want to be surrounded by people who resent you when times get tough?
>>
Reminder to report Obama leaf threads.
>>
File: OBAMA LEAF WINS AGAIN50.gif (491KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
OBAMA LEAF WINS AGAIN50.gif
491KB, 500x274px
>>128255932
Reminder this isn't your safe space
>>
>a small locality controls their minimum wage instead of a one size fits all solution from the feds.
I see no problem with this. But I don't tip my waitress anymore.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.