[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpiller me on bitcoin/cryptocurrency. Should I be putting money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: crypto.jpg (706KB, 1100x660px) Image search: [Google]
crypto.jpg
706KB, 1100x660px
Redpiller me on bitcoin/cryptocurrency. Should I be putting money on it or is it a scam? I tried lurking on /biz/ to learn, but like 3/4 of that board is people shilling their coins.
>>
Put some money you really don't need in it, wait for 2 years and don't even look at it during that time
>>
>>128147251
Bitcoin ownership is SPECULATION, not INVESTING.
Know the difference.
At present, there is no genuine way to assess the future value of bitcoin. No matter whether you try to value it as a currency, or a commodity, it's value lay in the minds of those holding it.
If you want to gamble, buy crypto. If you want to invest there are better things.
>>
it's about to crash.
Japan is making their own gold backed crypto currency, you are all fucked.
>>
>>128147584
>gold backed
>crypto currency
nigga
>>
>>128147541
Would this be wise for someone who works as a shopfag? Or do you have to already have a good job to properly take advantage?
>>
>>128147584
The powers that be will rain all hell on the Japanese if they attempt anything gold backed, as it will destroy fiat currency
>>
>>128147541
"Investing" in a company like Snapchat, Facebook or whatever other passing tech du jour is speculating. Holding balances in fiat dollars subject to debt ridden, mismanaged governances is speculating.

If you don't understand Bitcoin and the blockchain, try learning about the tech. What it can do will amaze you.
>>
>>128147251
A primer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIVAluSL9SU&index=28&list=FLTEqQN8F-fQWrtvt5A5V5WQ

If you want to go deeper check out Andreas Antonopolous on YT.
>>
>>128147251
bitcon is a fake commodity. its not a currency. currencies have a more stable value dictated by real world shit AND there wasnt a proper buy in phase they are issued for your computers gpu guessing a shape in "mining".

there is nothing backing it. its the worst social experiment ever

as a result central banks dont like it and therefore you will have no real acceptance of it globally. any country dumb enough to let you use them to buy shit should burn to the ground
>>
>>128147251
Penny stock pump and dump schemes are illegal but pump and dumping crypto is a legal way to scam people out of their hard earned money. Crypto was also invented by organized criminal syndicates so always keep in mind that the market makers at Polonix and Kraken are there to fuck you.
>>
>>128149368
It's so "powerful" that they have to sell you on the purpose of Bitcoin lol...

In other words, instead of being recognized as something useful (like fiat), it's something that the crime syndicates have to pump up enthusiasm for because it's a retarded money scheme that only autists buy into.
>>
>>128147251
No, you don't invest in that crap, it's peaking, meaning the value will go down. The same shit happened with gold in 2011.
>>
>>128147251
It is the definition of a ponzi scheme.
>>
>>128150333
To be honest if you aren't completely stupid you can jump on the pump and dump bandwagon and make easy money too
>>
File: 1485428917467.png (413KB, 405x481px) Image search: [Google]
1485428917467.png
413KB, 405x481px
>>128148351
as long as it's money that you don't need then go ahead and invest even if it's just a few dollarydoos or pounds or whatever. similar to buying a new videogame or a movie ticket.
but if it's real money that you'll need to pay rent or the electric bill then i'd hold off on putting it into the crypto wheel of fortune

pic unrelated
>>
>>128150528
>instead of being recognized as something useful (like fiat)

I lol'd
>>
>>128147541
> implying derivatives market are not speculation

Stop defending the monetary system. It has to die
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.