[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Leave the lights on overnight to make a stand for the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: th[1].jpg (7KB, 300x161px) Image search: [Google]
th[1].jpg
7KB, 300x161px
>Leave the lights on overnight to make a stand for the environment

What?
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (139KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
139KB, 555x414px
>>128116584
Leftists may claim that their activism is motivated by compassion or by moral principles, and moral principle does play a role for the leftist of the oversocialized type. But compassion and moral principle cannot be the main motives for leftist activism. Hostility is too prominent a component of leftist behavior; so is the drive for power. Moreover, much leftist behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the people whom the leftists claim to be trying to help. For example, if one believes that affirmative action is good for black people, does it make sense to demand affirmative action in hostile or dogmatic terms? Obviously it would be more productive to take a diplomatic and conciliatory approach that would make at least verbal and symbolic concessions to white people who think that affirmative action discriminates against them. But leftist activists do not take such an approach because it would not satisfy their emotional needs. Helping black people is not their real goal. Instead, race problems serve as an excuse for them to express their own hostility and frustrated need for power. In doing so they actually harm black people, because the activists’ hostile attitude toward the white majority tends to intensify race hatred.
>>
Leaving the lights on cost a minuscule amount of energy compared to:
- Electric heating and cooling.
- Wasted food.
- Transportation.
- Luxury consumerism.

Out of sight out of mind.
>>
>>128116947
Yeah that's nice and you may have a point in all that rambling, except for the fact that all the right stands for is destroying everything: the environment, society, jobs, the economy, world peace, sanity, everything, so you can have the world dumbed down to a state of despotic theocracy, because you're too unintelligent to grasp the nuance of the world.
>>
>>128121154
Society, economy, world peace, sanity

I understand that you and I will never come to an agreement but i want to let you know that in my mind these are the things that the right will improve over the left.
And some, that understand economics better than I do, could give you very good reasons for why it would help the jobs as well.

And its not like liberal countries are not polluting the world what so ever, if that was the case there wouldnt be a topic to talk about here.
>>
>>128121154
I see no valid arguments here. Just ad hominem and vague insinuations.
And ALL the right? Despotic theocracy is not compatible with libertarianism.
>>
>>128121732
>Just ad hominem and vague insinuations.
Let me be more specific. Literally everything conservashits do destroys economies and the environment. I could list examples til the end of the world, but you're just going to shill all the same for the rich and the MIC. Kansas is a perfect example of what happens when conservakikes get their economic policies in place the way they want them. The governor has even gone to war with the judicial branch, trying to rob it of its power, as all good right-wing tyrant wannabes do. The EPA is an excellent example of the way in which conservashills destroy the environment.

>OH BUT NIXON DID IT!
Yeah, because he literally though the american people were going to kill him. Until the EPA the Cuyahoga River used to periodically burst into flames from all the toxic shit capitalist faggots used to dump into it. Since the EPA was established, it's not happened once.
>>
>>128121431
>And its not like liberal countries are not polluting the world what so ever
Germany produces more solar power than the entire country of the United States with the solar incidence of Alaska. Consider your argument sunk.
>>
Bump because fuck you faggots.
>>
>>128116584
noone cares about the effect if you just virtue signal enough so everyone knows you actually care
>>
File: 1495916565682.png (633KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495916565682.png
633KB, 700x700px
>>128124621
>The left is just "pretending to care" because I'm such a sociopath I literally can't imagine anyone actually caring about anything but money and themselves
>>
>>128124745
im actually am a leftie myself, but its obvious that most are just doing the virtuesignaling to show everyone in their social circles what nice and caring person they are. if all it takes is a like, or a share, retweet or whatever they are in for it, but when it takes any kind of effort most are out already. i am in favor of enviromental protection, but CO2 isnt the biggest issue. a bigger issue would be poisoning of the land and the sea, a source of energy that doesnt run out and, is reliable and doesnt turn the surrounding area into a wasteland for thousands of years when something goes wrong once.
you dont need to bind you to some stupid contract with countries that are also just in there to virtue signal in order to gain some votes. do you really thing those people pushing for war in the middle east just to secure oil and create greater israel give any fuck at all about the state of this world?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.