[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /pol/ actually support the repeal of Dodd-Frank? You're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bgfed.jpg (330KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
bgfed.jpg
330KB, 1100x733px
Does /pol/ actually support the repeal of Dodd-Frank?

You're really fine with (((Bankers))) cucking you? Are you fags even old enough to remember 2008?
>>
Looks like you cucks will bootlick Trump all the way, huh? Sad!
>>
>>128114597
>affordable care act made healthcare affordable
>paris agreement would do anything to effect the environment
>net neutrality didn't fuck over smaller ISPs, reducing competition and allowing big ISPs to fuck you over

I have a law called the World Peace Act - to get it going you just have to get the fuck off my board. You want world peace right?
>>
>>128114847
>bringing up random shit because you can't address the point
Not a fucking argument retard, none of those things have anything to do with Dodd-Frank.
>>
>>128114929
And more importantly, they're all fucking blatant lies.
>>
>>128114929
i came here to sage not to help you
>>
>>128115470
Not an argument. Bump
>>
>>128114597
that's why you start farming, return to our old ways. the banks can't cuck you if you ain't part of their system. when the economic collapse comes, as a pagan traditionalist farmer i will survive
>>
>>128114597

meh it's fine but it's like a bandage on a bullet wound

unfortunately if the govt tries to do some huge bigger law it's probably going to backfire and just create more bureaucracy and strangulation; it's the systems themselves that need to be destroyed for reform to work (which will prob never happen)
>>
>>128114597
Like most of Obama's legislation, Dodd-Frank was another veiled half-ass attempt to 'fix the problem' but in reality it was purposefully full of loop holes so that bankers can now have a legal out, if they hire the right lawyers to find it.

C'mon it should be obvious by now Dodd-Frank was nothing more to check off one more thing that democrats have done while also playing for the people who funded their primaries and campaigns.
>>
>>128116555
>implying republicans are repealing it to institute a better "fix" rather than just repealing it and leaving it because t
lol you aren't really this naive are you? you actually think republicans (or democrats for that matter) will go against their donors? Maybe Trump, but even he is in favour of repealing Dodd-Frank and I don't think he has the attention span to come up with anything better.

American public is stupid enough to forget about this 2 weeks after it gets repealed, at least until the moral hazard causes another subprime crisis type event where banks create all sorts of risky instruments and then hold the economy hostage until the taxpayer has to bail them out again to the tune of trillions
>>
>>128117064
Dodd-Frank was passed by democrats, who by the way had a majority (perhaps super majority at that time, I don't recall 100%). Of course the Republicans aren't going to go against their donors. But there are other avenues to appease their donors. It might just come down to the a simple thing, that the majority of their donors aren't in financing -- my guess is NRA, manufacturing, war profiteering, pharmaceuticals, etc., I don't know who gives a fuck.

Anyway, Of course they wouldn't pass legislation if it pisses off their donors. Which is to say that it's to build political capital -- i.e., "look we took away another Obama legislation our dearly loved constituencies" particularly for those in the republican base that are deeply against Obama no matter what. And besides, who says they're going to fix it? They're just repealing it, it doesn't mean they have to replace it. In fact, I'd argue repealing it would do more for Republican donors instead of keeping it in place.

All I'm saying is this -- Dodd-Frank was so obviously half assed that it was meant to have loop holes, ways around the rules, so that Democratic donors wouldn't have to worry.
>>
>>128117064
I just read your post again. You realize that Dodd-Frank was legislation by Obama to fix the problem about bankers back in 2011 or so right? I wasn't implying that Republicans are repealing it to fix the problem, I was saying the legislation itself was addressing the problem, but it was half-assed. Anything Republicans do at this point is better than nothing.
>>
>>128116069
...are you a retard?

What farmers in American history didn't get fucked over by the banks? Do you just think whatever magic bullshit you think is what the past actually was?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.