[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scientists, politicians, the media, and most people believe in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 37

File: G9Qb1h8.jpg (116KB, 720x897px) Image search: [Google]
G9Qb1h8.jpg
116KB, 720x897px
Why don't you? Seriously, I want proof on why most people are supposedly wrong in this issue
>>
>>128106999
>"proove a negative or Ill believe it"
>>
>B-but these famous people on the TV told me it's right, so it has to be right

Not a single climate change prediction has ever come true for the last century, why is this even a topic
>>
File: global warming hoax4.png (108KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
global warming hoax4.png
108KB, 1440x1080px
>>128106999
What kind of woman logic is this?
Do you even know what science is? It's not what your girlfriends agree upon.
>>
File: 5be.jpg (135KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5be.jpg
135KB, 1333x1000px
>>128106999
>climate change
>>
>>128106999
because my understanding of it goes past "(((experts))) say.."
>>
2 billion people believe in smacking their heads against the ground five times a day.

I don't.
>>
I do think global warming is manmade.
However it's way too fucking late to act now.
>>
File: 1496377932142.jpg (23KB, 367x185px) Image search: [Google]
1496377932142.jpg
23KB, 367x185px
most people don't deny the climate is changing

giving 100 billion a year to third worlder shitters while they ramp up their industrial capacity is RETARDED

congress also wasn't able to debate and vote on these laws enforced on Americans by non-American organizations?

why would you throw away sovereignty for a half a degree of temperature drop over 70 years if 100% of the signers attain 100% of the accord goals?
>>
Here is an example of a climate bill I'd support
>Anyone who supports climate legislation is banned from using airlines and motor vehicles
>>
>>128106999
They also believe in the holohoax, doesn't make it real
>>
>>128107610
Fucking french fags always ruining every thread.
>>
File: 50a5e5e47e074c784f8552c1070f9aff.jpg (100KB, 1247x855px) Image search: [Google]
50a5e5e47e074c784f8552c1070f9aff.jpg
100KB, 1247x855px
The planet is dying because of Trump and retarded Christians.
>>
>>128107610
The globe is in a constant state of warming and cooling, completely out of our control, and the proof is looking at the biggest changes in our Earths climate, which had nothing to do with muh CO2/green house gases memes
>>
>>128108243
t. If I give Goldbergstein more shekels I'll save the planet
>>
File: 1494284417381.jpg (48KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1494284417381.jpg
48KB, 640x633px
The primary reason I'm skeptical of climate change is that it is conveniently the issue which would be dealt with by a world government which has been the goal of globalists going way back before climate change emerged as an issue.
I still do actually think that anthroprogenic climate change is occurring, but the consequences are vastly overstated in order to make people more concerned and in turn more receptive to these bullshit supranational bureaucratic agencies.
Even as an ancap I would be somewhat receptive to a uniform carbon tax throughout the world because it does seem to be somewhat of a property rights violation, the revenue of which would then be distributed back to the people without funding anything. However, the economic policy involved with trying to combat climate change is just typical shitty command and control regulation and carbon taxes which only apply to domestic production which cripple domestic manufacturing and don't allocate emissions efficiently.

How about you provide some evidence as to why climate change is something I should be significantly alarmed that it is occurring.
>>
>>128106999
So you also believe that climate change will go away if we give out enough money?
>>
Simple. God put fossil fuels in the ground so that we may use it now tro power everything. If God didn't want us to burn a ton of coal, he wouldn't have made it the most effective source of power.

And you can use your measuring tools, prediction models, or even widespread medical reports about people affected by polution, but in the end none of it matters because it is too much of a coincidence that we figured out how to extract and burn fuels at the same time that we invented mass production of machines and energy consumption. This is clearly God's plan, and whatever the next chapter, it will all work out... or I won't be around for it so fck the children and sht.
>>
>>128106999
Hey, why don't you all clean up some polluted site instead of focusing on what the social engineers have taught you to think?
>>
File: global warming climate changes.png (213KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
global warming climate changes.png
213KB, 1440x1080px
>>128106999
>'Scientists', politicians, the media
>why don't you respect their authority!
That should answer your question. Now go pray to your TV screen.

Fucking plebeians man, I swear
>>
>>128108243
The entire American midwest was like that for a decade, and the world didn't end.
>>
>>128106999

>>Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data
>https://archive.fo/V3h6t
>>Whistle-Blower: ‘Global Warming’ Data Manipulated Before Paris Conference
>https://archive.fo/a1lJ4
>>NOAA Attempts To Hide The Pause In Global Warming: The Most Disgraceful Cover-Up Since Climategate
>https://archive.fo/1aCOs
>>Climate Change Hoax? NOAA Data Exaggerated Global Warming, Alleged Whistleblower Claims
>https://archive.fo/Bjsqs
>>NOAA Scientists Falsify Data to Dupe World Leaders on Climate Change
>https://archive.fo/HwxX6
>>Climate change: this is the worst scientific scandal of our generation
>https://archive.fo/lyvW0
>>More Countries Caught Manipulating Their Climate Data
>https://archive.fo/HzquC
>>
>>128106999
>muh bandwagon
PITTSBURGH NOT PARIS
>>
I do not believe in progressive-defined climate change which is a mix of their brand of atheism, identify politics nor their green tech solutions
>>
File: 1496365370414.jpg (139KB, 1059x666px) Image search: [Google]
1496365370414.jpg
139KB, 1059x666px
>>128106999
Every single major doomsday prediction given by these (((scientists, politicians, the media, and most people))) has failed to come to fruition.

When I was a kid they said global cooling and a new ice age was the issue of our time that would kill all of us. Then suddenly it was global warming, and by the 1980s our coasts would all be underwater. Oh, but wait, that didn't come true. It was actually the year 2000 that the coasts would be underwater. Oh wait, sorry that was just a bit off, but in the 2000s Al Gore made a documentary and it had a lot of sciencey science shit in it rite, and it predicted that the ice caps would entirely melt by 2016! Oh shit, that didn't happen either.

This Paris Accord was specifically constructed to fuck over the first world in favor of the third world and BRICS. Did you know, for example, that China alone produces more CO2 than the EU and the US combined? Yet, despite this, they are not obligated to do ANYTHING outlined in the deal supposedly working to save the planet until 2030, at which point they can just as easily pull out. Meanwhile the US and the EU are expected to just throw their economy down the shitter?

Consider this. Nuclear energy is a very real accessible thing. If we focused all of our funding and efforts into nuclear, we could easily move away from finite fossil fuels into near limitless power with far more speed and efficiency than any renewables. This is considered undisputed fact by almost everyone; the only argument that liberals have against it is toxic waste and meltdowns, both of which are massively overblown and have benefits that you THINK would outweigh the negatives if global warming was truly as bad as is claimed.

tl;dr: Global warming is bullshit, the deal was constructed to fuck the west over, and if people and the nations of the world actually believed global warming and wanted to stop it they would have hopped on the nuclear train decades ago.
>>
>>128106999
I actually do believe in climate change. But if you know history you would know that the Sahara desert used to be a tropical paradise. But it all changed naturally. I do believe in human made climate change, but I find it hard to explain the huge changes that have occured earlier in the planets history.
>>
>>128107198
scientists are who people should listen to, not phonies like Bill Nye and his entourage of fuck-wits.
>>
>>128109032
If the dust bowl happened again just imagine how that would be used as a political tool. They would have kids in schools all over the country conducting dust storm drills in solidarity and to leave a psychological scar.
>>
>>128106999
I believe climate changes, Anon. It has always changed and will always change. I don't believe we make it do so. This is a natural process.
>>
>>128108654

1 trillion for 8 years

Fierce climate change defenders flying in private aircraft and operating huge yachts

Are there even Tesla yachts yet?
>>
>>128106999

Let me fix that header for you:
> (((Scientists))), (((politicians))), (((the media))), and most (((people)))
>>
>>128109442
>Are there even Tesla yachts yet?
The government hasn't given Musk a subsidy to build them yet.
>>
>>128109442

meant 8 months

think about that

1 trillion to set global warming back 8 months

that shit don't add up

this is Soros playing Monopoly with whole civilizations, he don't give a fuck about no one but profit

dubzz gives him 1 month to live...rollin
>>
>>128109368
>fail at everything
>never prove it
>constantly wrong
>can't predict 6 months now
>tell us to believe you 100 years from now
kys you fucking subhuman. science isn't a religion you piece of shit. they don't even know what gravity is. they just make models that let you calculate it to some degree and then go from there.

if they can't fucking make a model to prove the weather in 6 months then they can't model it in 100 years
>>
>>128106999
Climate change is bullshit. Al Gore promised me flooded bay areas and drowned libtards in Jew York and Commiefornia, and nothing came out of it.

Bunch of liars.
>>
>>128106999
Scientists, politicians, and the media DON'T believe in man-made climate change. They are paid to push the narrative. Regular people believe in man-made climate change because scientists, politicians, and the media push the narrative. See how that works?

/pol/ is full of people that are way too educated, and intelligent, to fall for basic propaganda tricks.
>>
File: 1496356287488.png (318KB, 1067x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1496356287488.png
318KB, 1067x1434px
>>128109343
Additionally observe

>pic related

for proof that the Paris Accord is, in fact, entirely agenda-pushing shilling created by people who themselves could not give less of a shit about the supposed consequences of global warming.
>>
>>128109687
>they don't even know what gravity is.
yeah okay buddy, keep living in denial. Just listen to whatever the guys on Breitbart or Alex Jones tell you.
>>
File: 1476615820118.png (767KB, 1562x2546px) Image search: [Google]
1476615820118.png
767KB, 1562x2546px
Yes, climate is changing, honeybun. It's been cooling down for the last 65 millions years. You, me, Bill Nye, Donald Trump have less impact on it than a bunch of insects on ocean maelstrom.
>>
The sun controls climate, if we can control the sun we can control climate.
So we can't do fuck all really.
>>
>>128110061
I've always been under the impression that a good 50% of posters on most boards are underage.
>>
>>128106999
"believe in climate change" is a meaningless statement.
>>
>>128106999
Because this is still 4chan and it's full of nutjobs and trolls.

>>>/reddit/
>>
I do "believe" (dumb word for a scientific topic) in climate change, but your appeal to authority is meaningless. There are valid reasons to be skeptical, like >>128107198 points out
>>
>>128106999
>Why don't you?
Because
>Scientists, politicians, the media, and most people believe in Climate Change
>>
>>128106999
Its not a matter of believe its not a fucking religion. Its about accepting the facts, empirical evidence. You either accept them and see the world for what it is or you reject them and be and ignorant.
>>
File: 1494504953750.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1494504953750.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
>argumentum ad populum
How does it feel being intellectually bankrupt, OP?
>>
Why don't you?
because
>Scientists, politicians, the media, and most people believe Climate Change
>>
>>128110061
There was a huge push by ethical scientists to counter the climate change narrative in the ~mid 2000's. I think even ~10k signed statements/petitions with scientific findings to the gov in protest. It was swept under the rug and a lot of scientists were pressured to stop speaking up like losing grant money, ruined reputation, etc.
>>
File: Phanerozoic_Climate_Change.png (30KB, 726x520px) Image search: [Google]
Phanerozoic_Climate_Change.png
30KB, 726x520px
The fact that climate changes is not what is disputed, what is disputed are the causes and the proposed powers which a few people claim to need in order to address what they insist is a problem. Fear is a motivator which politicians use very successfully, throughout the Earths very long history its temperatures have greatly exceeded present temps, Co concentrations have also been much higher in the past as well. Glaciation and "ice ages" are repetitious events throughout our planets history, and at present have been in recession for millenia. Rather than asking yourself if the climate is changing, perhaps ponder why we should hand control of production and consumption to a small group of people who proclaim to have the ability to maintain humanity at "sustainable" levels. Perhaps a closer examination of their motives and aims is in order, since they do advocate the coercive control of humanity on a global scale hmmm?
>>
File: 927.png (53KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
927.png
53KB, 640x640px
>>128107173
What are you implying? That you can't prove a negative?
>>
I believe in it.

I also believe the only way to slow it (to more natural levels) is for humans to not exist at all.

It's a byproduct of our rampant illusion that life is some sort of gift. That we must preserve ourselves. It's all hogwash. The ONLY WAY to slow it - it will happen no matter what, as goes the way of the planet - is to simply not exist.

That is the biggest problem with all this. We think we can solve it, however don't seem to realize that the cause is our very existence.
>>
File: fire-orange-emergency-burning.jpg (43KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
fire-orange-emergency-burning.jpg
43KB, 920x690px
Scientists, politicians, the media, and most people in 1500 believed in phlogistons

Why don't you, /pol/?
>>
things the world is more likely to die from than climate change in order:

1) Nuclear war
2) Islamic expansionism
3) Earthquakes/Volcanic Eruptions
4) Epidemics
5) Meteors or Astroids
6) Aliens
>>
>>128106999
climates will change with or without man
who gives fuck you goddamn hippie faggot
>>
>>128111908
Scientists believed Humans came from Africa until 2 weeks ago. "Settled Science"
>>
File: All_palaeotemps.svg.png (76KB, 1000x291px) Image search: [Google]
All_palaeotemps.svg.png
76KB, 1000x291px
i do believe in climate change (pic relevant)
i just don't believe that the UNFCCC slush fund of $100 billion per year until 2025 is anything other than a UN bureaucratic feeding frenzy
>>
>>128106999
Climate changes, that's a fact. In what direction it changes, why and what we gonna do about it is another question entirely.
>>
>>128106999
If you're older than you should remember drama about Ozone Hole. "Scientists, politicians, the media" screamed to avoid the sun, the polution, we must reduce pollution etc. etc. same shit like now.
And where is your Ozone Hole now. It disappeared for another secular, eco religion-Climate Change.
>>
"Do you believe in climate change" is a retarded question and no one should answer it. Instead you should demand they explain what "climate change" means. Since the only data that supports them has either been demonstrably shown to carry discrediting bias (Breitbart exposed a lot of this), or has been woefully misinterpreted, climate change people lose when the debate turns to facts.
>>
>>128112214
and they wanted to make it 400B a year
fucking scumbags, they don't give a fuck about anything but making their buddies rich.

if anyone thinks the " green climate fund " was anything other than making people rich with tax money you need to go shoot yourself
>>
>>128109625
>dubzz gives him 1 month to live...rollin
rollin
>>
>>128107978
Woefully underrated. Such legislation might actually stop large segments of the population from using motor vehicles and start an interesting revolution. If only politics actually stood for real change...
>>
>>128112456
Ozone was a completely different thing. O3 is incredibly unstable and chlorofluorocarbons cause O3 to break down to O2. It's a legitimate chemical reaction that can be proven without manipulated and confusing data. The ozone only has holes in it over Australia during a certain time of the year now, their hot season.
>>
>>128106999
For fucks sake
Climate change IS REAL
WHATS DEBATABLE
IS THE IMPACT OF HUMAN ACTIONS
AND WHETHER OR NOT A CHANGE IN HUMAN ACTIVITY WOULD EVEN FUCKING AFFECT IT
>>
because the solution doesnt do anything
>>
five million years ago the global temperature was three degrees warmer than today, yet Australopithecine hominids managed to survive just fine for millions of years and evolve. fifty thousand years ago there were glaciers as far south as Africa, yet humans managed to survive the great ice ages and evolve. at no stage during the evolution of humanity have we needed a slush fund of 100 billion petro dollars per year to "mitigate climate change"
>>
>>128109368
Then stop rolling them out to shill for it. Get some actual climate scientists to talk about real studies and data.

This is just like feminism where they ask people to debate their best people and arguments then denounce anyone that speaks for feminism as not being a definitive feminist.
>>
>climate change is false
I go on with my normal life.

>climate change is real
>millions of subhumans die
>society collapses
>entire nations starve and get what they deserve for what theyve become
>my own little corner of the US becomes more farmable and really nothing changes for me because I own land

Whats bad about this again? Ive been wanting to see the end of this shitty movie for the past fourteen years, you fuck. Im not going to try and ruin it now.

Hell yeah, climate change!!
>>
>>128106999
>Fallacy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owm25OHGglk

Of course, I don't blindly believe Tim Ball either. He's just one man, but he is one man who has seemingly read extensively on the literature that comes out of these climate change studies. If he has reason to be skeptical, why aren't you?

Here's the issue, the planet has been in constant change and we can prove this through ice core analysis. However, only recently have we been "accurately" (or as accurately as is currently plausible) recording temperatures. Then suddenly we see the "Global Cooling" scare in the mid 20th century, which then morphed into the "Global Warming" scare in the late 20th century, and has now morphed into the ambiguous "Climate Change" because every other warming or cooling scare has been false or overstated.

And even we had access to an abundance of thermometers around the globe that actually cover, say, 80% of the globe (which would be insane) and all of these were capable of accurately recording temperatures, just remember who is doing the researching. "Follow the money" as they say. Colleges get federal research grants for studying the "pertinent issues" which has been climate change recently. If you challenge the climate change narrative with statements that aren't in line with the progressive narrative at these progressive schools, you risk losing funding. Losing funding means possibly losing your job. If you have a problem with how the research is being done, but questioning the methods could get you into financial trouble, how often do you voice your complaint?

There are way too many concerns I have with how the issue of climate change is being handled as a political issue rather than a scientific issue. I don't care what the talking heads have to say about the polar bears (who's population is rising, currently) or what the celebrities have to say about pollution. These are separate issues from the hard data concerning long-term temperature average predictions. That's my issue.
>>
>>128106999
It's not a believe or disbelieve

The fact is, I just dont give a fuck about it.
>>
File: 1488252069732.jpg (33KB, 345x348px) Image search: [Google]
1488252069732.jpg
33KB, 345x348px
>I DON'T KNOW HOW TO THINK FOR MYSELF SO I HAVE TO FOLLOW KATY PERRY FOR ADVICE ON FOREIGN POLICY AND SCIENCE.

The earth goes through climate change naturally, humans have nothing to do with it; that's why no one can provide any undisputed numbers on how much we've effected the environment with the Carbon emissions or whatever they're blaming it on now.
>>
>>128106999
Because it only becomes relevant when there is belief. It's a religious anecdote with no scientific results or grounding in serious sciences.

It only exists in fabricated charts (no data is released, which makes the charts incomplete and useless), in the mouths of celebrities, and was a waste of trillions of dollars of taxpayers hard earned money.

Return the money. It was obviously stolen and wasted.
>>
>>128107978
This. Plus no heating, A/C, electricity, or mass produced products and foods - especially beef.
>>
>>128106999
>man made climate change
lmao@urlife
>>
>Cons start war in Iraq
>Leads to Isis and refugee crisis
>Cons use hysteria to get trump elected

>trump expands climate change
>climate change will inevitably lead to climate refugees
See how it works.
>>
>>128114553
What the fuck is a climate refugee? Someone that gets a little too sweaty?
>>
>>128114636

>the coming waves of brown people escaping an expanding sahara, resource depleted middle east and overcrowded India

burgers s m h
>>
>>128106999
>believe
>BELIEVE IN CLIMATE CHANGE
>BELIEVE

If man made climate change was a scientific fact you wouldn't need to believe in it. Nice larping OP
>>
>>128114636
>What the fuck is a climate refugee?
It's someone with a new excuse for free gibs. The next generation of innovators.
>>
File: 1493788113942.gif (570KB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493788113942.gif
570KB, 360x246px
>>128115083
Reason #11088 to just nuke them all
>>
>>128115009
IT'S THE MOSSAD DOING CLIMATE CHANGE THEY WANT NORTH AFRICA AND THE MIDDLE EAST. ISRAEL IS CHANGING THE CLIMATE SO THEY CAN HAVE A GIANT JEWISH STATE WAKE UP /POL/

I don't believe in a man made climate change. I believe in a Jewish made climate change
>>
>>128106999
Science isn't about consensus, but results.

So fat they've been wrong, likely due to the fact that their models use improper CO2 amplifying effect. The Argo buoy network shows no increase in ocean temp. The change in temperature elsewhere has remained fairly unchanged since the 90's, more than 20 years ago.

There's no evidence anthropogenic climate change actually exists. The only thing they have is models, which have proven to be faulty.
>>
File: 1487469176664.jpg (118KB, 1003x668px) Image search: [Google]
1487469176664.jpg
118KB, 1003x668px
>>128115667
And some of the scientists have come out and flat out said that the data is faked so they could get more funding. This charade has gone on long enough; I don't know how but Trump has to find a way to make the MSM stop spreading these lies.
>>
>>128106999
Climates have changed for billions of years where is your proof that it is caused by humans? If climate changed before humans were around how can you even determine it?
>>
>>128109343

Nuclear is such a sad thing. Because its the best thing we have, it IS the future, but people are afraid of it. Thats the bottom line, they are scared of it.

Over on lebbit I saw somebody mention the China aspect of your post, and then the whole of reddit proceeded to dick suck China to hell and back, basically saying it wasnt their fault because the world "uses" them for manufacturing. As if we were forcing them, and they arent still responsible for their own waste. I dont know if theres some turfing going on or what but it was fucking sick to read.
>>
>>128108842
So God wants us to burn coal?
Wtf I love blacked.com now
>>
File: 09820934823.jpg (91KB, 620x429px) Image search: [Google]
09820934823.jpg
91KB, 620x429px
>>128106999
>>
>>128109360
You're last statement completely contradicts your first two.
>>
File: GlobalCooling.jpg (23KB, 461x382px) Image search: [Google]
GlobalCooling.jpg
23KB, 461x382px
>>128109343
>muh global cooling meme
>>
>>128116291
It's been proven that it's super easy to turf the shit out of reddit, it is definitely being done over there to defend the Chinese. If the Chinese didn't really want us there, they would just say no but they didn't and they pollute the shit out of the sea and air by their own actions outside of manufacturing stuff for everyone.
>>
>>128116428
Your point? How does this detract from the fact that the scientific consensus and predictions regarding climate change, particularly its extent and how much humans affect it, have been proven almost constantly overblown and inaccurate?
>>
File: ChristyChart500.gif (859KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ChristyChart500.gif
859KB, 500x281px
>>128110751
>>
>>128110390

They don't, though.

They dont't know HOW it work they just know that it does work.

From a page ON NASA.GOV (https://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question30.html):

>Question:

>What is gravity?

>Answer:

>We don't really know.

Another page on gravity on NASA.GOV that, again, explains what gravity does but not HOW.

>https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/what-is-gravity/en/

Did you think science had figured this out? And if so, why?
>>
>>128107272
What does this graph explain
>>
>>128106999
Would you sperg out this hard if literally any other country on the accord dropped out ?
>>
>>128116640
Jesus christ that graph is a mess. Looks like multicolored spaghetti
>>
>>128112456
They banned hfc's and now the hole in the ozone is shrinking you stupid fuck!
>>
>>128116640
All the lines are models, while the two symbols are data from satellites and balloons. As you can see, the climate models are all off by a significant margin.
>>
File: climate hoax.jpg (917KB, 2608x2003px) Image search: [Google]
climate hoax.jpg
917KB, 2608x2003px
>>128106999

all summed up in this pic.
>>
File: 1496390319521.jpg (485KB, 1224x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1496390319521.jpg
485KB, 1224x1130px
>>128106999

>>128110751
this
Climate changes but not because of humans burning oil.
Everyone wants to wasting all our money on useless solar panels that can't power industries and won't stop climate change.
>>
>>128115667
Wrong.
If Anthropogenic Global Warming isnt real, then why is the arctic melting, the land ice of antarctica melting and turning into sea ice, which is melting, and wildfires are becoming bigger and more frequent, and the temperature is rising rapidly, and sea levels are rising so much that places like venice and miami spend millions of dollars to protect their coasts?
>>
File: 43_24_g-co2-l.jpg (140KB, 700x496px) Image search: [Google]
43_24_g-co2-l.jpg
140KB, 700x496px
>>128116549
Currently, there is an overwhelming concencus that we are the main driver of the rapid warming of the last century. The arctic is almost gone, like many predicted, glaciers are receding, like predicted, fresh water reservoirs are depleting, as predicted, sea levels are rising and swallowing up coastlines around the world as predicted, pull your head out of the fucking sand
>>
>>128117043
what the fuck?

The onus is on YOU to prove it is anthropogenic.
>>
>>128117263
Based on your graph, I could argue it is caused by the number of interracial marriages, which has never been higher BTW.
>>
>>128117043
Earth goes through glacial periods.

Believe it or not, the natural cycle means it should be going up, and it has.
>>
>>128117043
>>128117263
Where do you get the idea that "the Arctic is mostly gone"? Compared to what point in time?

>Sea levels are rising and swallowing up coastlines

Give me one fucking example leaf, an actual one

>Le rising CO2

Yeah, CO2 is rising, except we have no idea what the actual effects are, especially not those who claim to be scientific experts on the matter. Ask Al Gore in 2008 and he'd tell you that all the ice in the Arctic would have been gone a year ago. Where in the fuck did the science go wrong there? Why was it so shockingly off? This is an authority we're expected to throw our economies down the drain for so we can SAVE THE WORLD over issues we can't even see and which have NEVER actually been accurately predicted?

I fucking hate leafs.
>>
File: TempsandCO2800KYears.png (106KB, 762x578px) Image search: [Google]
TempsandCO2800KYears.png
106KB, 762x578px
>>128117043
It's the Anthropogenic part that you have wrong. Carbon cycles and temperatures are cyclical.
>>
>>128106999
I believe in climate change,but its not the usa doing the damage to the enviroment.
Give the tax bill to china and india
>>
>>128117465
That would be true if denialists said they didn't know what the cause of the warming is. However they normally say it is the sun, which is false, or they say it is "natural" which is vague and meaningless.

You can exclude all other reasonable explanations for the warming and then Occams razor tells you that greenhouse gases are the most likely cause.
>>
File: image277.gif (28KB, 660x417px) Image search: [Google]
image277.gif
28KB, 660x417px
>>128117263
>650,000 years
CO2 and temperature have both been much higher than they are now.
Earth didn't turn into Venus.
"""Climate change""" is a hoax.
>>
>>128106999
''Scientists'' who compromised their own research process ''believe'' in climate change.

Climate change is real but the effects humans have on it are miniscule.

These ''scientists'' are blowing the numbers out of proportion on purpose to get government funds.

Private researchers have all argued against global warming if they weren't funded by companies trying to sell of their solar pannels.

It's all about gubmint gibs vs the free market.

Compromised research is to be dismissed.
>>
DAILY REMINDER

* A doubling of preindustrial CO2, absent any feedbacks, would result in a maximum forcing of +1.2C.

* The General Circulation Models, and the IPCC, predict 2-8C of warming because AGW theory assumes a positive H2O feedback. They assume that if CO2 causes a little warming, the atmosphere will hold more water vapor and that more water vapor will lead to a lot of warming.

* The warming predictions cover such a large range because everyone assumes a different average H2O feedback rate.

* Every GCM based on this assumption has failed to model temperatures for the past 17 years. They are all trending too high.

* In the late 1990's the modelers themselves stated that if they missed their predictions for more then a decade that would falsify AGW theory.

* There is no data to suggest a +H2O feedback either now or in Earth's past.

* If there is no +H2O feedback then we literally have nothing to worry about.

* The average climate change believer knows none of this. Politicians, citizens, activists, surprisingly even a lot of scientists are literally ignorant of the theory and the math. In their mind it's simply "CO2 = bad" and "experts say we're warming faster then ever."
>>
>>128117658
Note that temperature drives CO2 in the cycle, not the other way around.
>>
>>128117737
What damage ? Plant vegetation has grown by 28% since the industrial revolution as a result of increased carbon. Large masses of land in Northern Asia and the arctic will become habitable. We will adapt, for better or for worse. All of the scare mongering is so you purchase their bullshit insurance policy that is based entirely on speculation.
>>
>>128117263
>"Predict" stuff that is already happening
>wow such prophecy very foresight
>Here you go third world, take $billions to not develop your industry
>>
>>128106999
Oh no, I believe in climate change. I just don't believe that it was majorly caused by humanity, nor do I believe that it is a permanent or devastating change. It will swing the other way in a few years and you will be posturing about on how if we don't do something the world will end, meanwhile the world goes on just fine without any intervention.

Bleeding hearts giving money to people that waste it doing everything except what they said they would use it on. But if you want to waste your time and effort, go ahead. I won't stop you. I'll just fund the biggest source of green energy directly instead of hoping it gets there in the hands of african dictators.
>>
>>128117768
but it is the sun
>>
>>128109625
post ending in 25 gives him 1 month to live .... rollin'
>>
>>128118017
Exactly, the fossil fuels that are being burnt are from the fossils of animals and plants that already existed, the net carbon total on earth does not change, it just gets transfered from CO2 to C + O2 through the respiration and photosynthesis process. It is beyond arrogance for a scientist to claim that we have too much or too little of it.

The thing is, life adapts to it's environment, not vice versa. We now think we are going to create some form of environmental stasis where time fucking stands still ? It's too pathetic to even be funny.
>>
File: 1496035967794.jpg (38KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1496035967794.jpg
38KB, 640x620px
>>128107978
This a million times
I would love to see the fuckers faces
That face of ''I messed it up but I can't back down or I'll be a hypocrite''
>>
>>128118539
Elon needs to hurry up with that Mars rocket so he can blast himself and all the globalist trash away.
>>
>>128107978
And anyone who wears a hijab / says America oppresses women should be forced to live in Syria/Iran for three years.
>>
>>128118144

The weird part of the agreement is that they want us to give money to countries that dont yet have fossil fuel-based infrastructure (and subsequently an economy relying on it) to stop them from making that infrastructure, while also, at the same time, lessening our own? Wouldn't it be smarter to just have the large polluters crack down on their own output, rather than worrying about countries that literally arent an issue at all yet?

Thats the part that makes this whole thing seem like a cash-grab.
>>
If you want to stop climate change, stop having white babies.
>>
Even high functioning autists know climate change is real. There is no "believing" in it. It's like the Earth being round. It's not up for debate. Yes the Earth has gone through warming and cooling periods. But those were over a long fucking time. Retarded fucking humans are speeding up the process. Either way, humanity won't last another 100 years. Between food shortages, super bugs, mass poverty, and a lack of resources we will be fucked. So enjoy the ride I guess.
>>
>>128119052
Maybe he should take his own advice, whatever he would raise would be a waste of life.
>>
>>128119009
Also a control mechanism.
Oh sorry Guam, we need to come and inspect your power plants, nope didn't meet targets, no gibs. It's no different than the welfare state model on a global scale. Creating dependencies to discourage innovation and create control.
>>
>>
>>128106999
>believe

I don't need to believe it, I am 30 years old and I've owned a thermometer for the last 15 years.
I can easily observe that its getting hotter. Take the average hottest years in the last 100 years, I think the 10 hottest are within the last 15 years.

Zero belief required, super simple experiment.
>>
>>128119009
It's cheaper for poor developing countries to turn to a resource like coal as they industrialize. The idea is to skip that phase and move them onto renewables. Don't want poor immigrants flooding your country? Make it so they don't want to leave theirs. Problem solved.
>>
File: Mars_Global_Warming.jpg (97KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mars_Global_Warming.jpg
97KB, 1000x800px
>>128117043
>why is the arctic melting
same reason martian arctic is melting
>>
>>128119181
Or just tell them to fuck off. Problem solved without 100 Billion dollars
>>
>>128119061
Yet no one can bring up any concrete numbers on how much humans effect the process. All these people say is that climate change is "settled science".
>>
>>128119230
>Like Earth, Mars has seasons that cause its polar caps to wax and wane. "It's late spring at the south pole of Mars," says planetary scientist Dave Smith of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "The polar cap is receding because the springtime sun is shining on it."

t. the NASA article that is the primary source for the shit you are posting.
Learn the difference between weather and climate.
>>
>>128106999
I've only really gotten to support it because apart from the indoctrination set upon me by the education system, I really think sustainable, renewable energy opportunities and generally advancing energy accumulation techniques would be great for society as a whole.

Not that businesses should be torn down and thrown apart because of 'muh environment', but gradually it'd be nice not to rely on age-old fuel consumption techniques.

Positive progressiveness gets such a bad rap nowadays because of the tards who discredit themselves shilling its far-left scientific interpretations.
>>
>>128108506
Yeah. If everyone was paying it I would be ok with it. As it stands now, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot.
>>
>>128119260 It's been studied all over the world. Clear cutting has resulted in flooding. It's an accepted fact that plant life are natural CO2 scrubbers. They produce oxygen (which we need to live). Yet through deforestation mankind is limiting the planet's natural ability to cool itself and balance the warming. Even if you don't believe we are causing the warming. We are certainly fucking the planet's ability to correct itself.
>>
>>128119727
Again, these are just baseless anecdotes. No numbers because they don't exist.
>>
File: wat.gif (744KB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
744KB, 293x240px
> climate change

aren't they all talking about human influence on climate change?

I hate this buzzword - even if we'd get rid of all emmissions the climate still changes
>>
>>128106999
Today my lawn caught fire, it was because of climate change and not because I'm too lazy to water it or because some brave homosexuals who were displaying their right to love each other tossed a lot cigarette onto my lawn that was dryer than your grandfather's ass.
>>
File: marscap.jpg (453KB, 2182x1400px) Image search: [Google]
marscap.jpg
453KB, 2182x1400px
>>128119456
http://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice-age-ending-now.html
>The researchers said their findings suggest that Mars recently emerged from an ice age, with ice beginning its retreat about 370,000 years ago. Since then, the scientists estimated that about 20,900 cubic miles (87,000 cubic kilometers) of ice have accumulated at the poles of Mars, enough to cover Mars in about 2 feet (60 centimeters) of ice.
no u
>>
>>128119181

>support us or we will mooch off you

Thanks for the illusion of choice.

Also doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

>>128119132
Thats actually an interesting angle that I saw earlier when browsing rebbit. Some (presumably left-leaning) pro-PCA posters were arguing that its a positive because USA will be able to leverage the position for control.

Since when is this something that liberals are okay with? I thought one thing they believed was that we fuck around too much in other peoples business? Is that old hat now? Am I out of the loop?

Suddenly its okay for the States to assert control over smaller countries as long as its for the greater good. This was a more republican stance not too long ago.
>>
>>128119983
>posts some magazine blog that quotes the same NASA article I read, except it misquotes it and makes bullshit conclusions

Medium kek.
>>
File: 1494335073713.jpg (406KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1494335073713.jpg
406KB, 1536x2048px
Most people? Is that your argument? For fuck's sake, look around you. Most people are barely people, just brainless consumerist drones conditioned from birth to focus on materialism and believe whatever their masters want them to believe.

I don't believe in climate change precisely because of the people who are pushing it as an ideology to be universally accepted by the masses. Do you have any grasp in how propaganda and PR works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ERfxWouXs

Huxley and Rockefeller founded WWF. Now you've got fucking Al Gore presented as the people's hero for climate change. You've got Macron (a literal Rothschild agent) offering "political asylum" to "American climate scientists". You've got multi-billionaire Bill Gates championing a World Government that would take care of climate change. You've got David Mayer de Rothschild organizing climate change festivals. You've got Goldman Sachs pushing "market solutions to address climate change".

Yet they're the OWNERS of almost every contaminating industry in the world. How in the fuck does this fact not make you wonder what their true intentions are?

We are ruled by an oppressive kleptocracy that uses every memetic weapon possible in order to build their global domination. If there's any spec of critical thinking left in you, you should start by questioning the ideologies the globalist banking elite want to push on you, particularly when they are presented as a gospel and every dissenting opinion is denounced as anathema.
>>
>>128106999
I believe it. Only because I live in Texas and have had 100 degree summers and no snow for the last 4 or so years.
>>
>>128106999
I do believe in climate change, but why is it fair that America has to carry the heavy load while EU does jackshit to pitch in, and China get off scot free?
>>
>>128106999
Skeptics are good, you'll get dogma and taboo otherwise. And that leads to intellectual retardation.
>>
>>128120081
>same NASA article
don't think so

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2003/07aug_southpole
>Like Earth, Mars has seasons that cause its polar caps to wax and wane. "It's late spring at the south pole of Mars," says planetary scientist Dave Smith of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "The polar cap is receding because the springtime sun is shining on it."
>NASA
>2003
>Dave Smith

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6289/1075
>Smith et al. used radar measurements from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to probe the planet's polar ice caps. Clear layers within the ice allowed them to calculate how much ice was deposited at different times. The results provide evidence for a recent ice age on Mars.
>NASA data
>'Science' publication
>2016
>Isaac B. Smith, Nathaniel E. Putzig, John W. Holt, Roger J. Phillips
>>
File: EVERY.FUCKING.TIME.jpg (15KB, 242x180px) Image search: [Google]
EVERY.FUCKING.TIME.jpg
15KB, 242x180px
>>128110297
Funny how this symbol is on every page. Do you see something?
>>
>>128120739
Don't be retarded mi amigo, that's the universal recycling symbol, no need to cause unwarranted discrediting of a solid argument
>>
>>128120822
Yeah, I guess I'm just seeing things.

Your argument stands, anyway.
>>
File: 1453466087069.jpg (34KB, 585x446px) Image search: [Google]
1453466087069.jpg
34KB, 585x446px
Most people are idiots.
>>
>>128106999
Anyone who doesn't believe in climate change is bottom of the barrel retarded. You are almost at the world is flat retarded. Scientists make their names discovering things. Do you not think they'd all be leaping over each other to disprove climate change.
>>
If man-made climate change is such a problem, why aren't nations like France and Germany leading the charge to revert humanity to the pre-industrial revoltuion era?
>>
>>128106999

I do.

I just don't like the Paris Accords and prefer my nation tackle the Environmental Question by;

1. Moving to nuclear power

2. Closing our borders to large scale non-white migration and cutting off all aid to non-white countries with re-population rates above 1.0
>>
>>128122162

Why are they importing millions of Africans from un-industrialized nations into a first world consumerist market where they will massively multiply their carbon foot print?

Is it because these childless rootless cosmopolitans don't actually give two fucks about the environment or the future and are just running a leftist redistribution of wealth scam?
>>
>>128106999
Because believing is one thing,facs and data are another.
Then ask logic how will that save the planet if i have to pay additional tax if i want to pollute?
>>
>>128106999
"Most people" are wrong about everything, idiot. People are stupid, thus what "most people" agree on is usually wrong.
>>
>>128106999
I believe in it and it's great.
>>
>>128106999
>scientist and politicians agree on something

thats your problem right there
>>
>>128122818
>Eat shit.One billion flies cant be wrong.
>>
>>128119727
False. Vegetation has increased since industrial revolution by 28%

Greening of the Earth and its drivers

Overall, climate change has dominant contributions to the greening trend over 28.4% of the global vegetated area(Fig. 3c,d). Positive effects of climate change in the northern high latitudes and the Tibetan Plateau are attributed to rising temperature, which enhances photosynthesis and lengthens the growing season, whereas the greening of the Sahel and South Africa are primarily driven by increasing precipitation
(Supplementary Fig. 13). South America is the only continent where negative climate effects were statistically significant
(Supplementary Figs 10 and 11b). This is particularly important owing to the role of the Amazon forests in the global carbon cycle 19,20
. Ecosystem models may tend to overestimate the responses of vegetation growth to precipitation 12 (Supplementary Section 10), which is one of the reasons why the fate of the Amazon forests continues to be debated.

http://archive.is/fQqv1
>>
>>128110751
Thank you for posting this with actual sources cited, there was a collage of posts made by some anon with those exact images but no sources.
>>
>>128106999
Why should I believe it just because (((they))) all at the same time fear-mongered about it? Even if it were true, they want us to go back to living in the Stone age, but won't lead by example. It's just a way to tax and punish the West.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.