[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /pol/ I'm going to enlist. Only thing is I'm afraid

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1493491805288.gif (2MB, 250x263px) Image search: [Google]
1493491805288.gif
2MB, 250x263px
Well /pol/ I'm going to enlist. Only thing is I'm afraid I'm too old(31). I'm in decent shape and eat relatively healthy. Am I going to get my ass handed to me in basic or will I have no problem as long as I train before boot camp? Anything I should know /pol/?
>>
you're allowed to be openly flamboyant now
>>
>>128033243
Enjoy being ordered around by 22 year olds.
>>
how about you get a real job instead of supporting the zog and sucking peoples tax dollars
>>
>will be babysat
>will be treated like a child
>will be expected to learn one creed after the other
>will become racist if not already
>prepare to indoctrinated with SHARP classes
Have fun!
>>
I'm rejoining at 25 after serving for 4 years and being out for 2.

Civilian life is boring, no one cares if you are old.

If you want to deploy make sure you join either intelligence or a Special forces role.
>>
>>128033243
why are you going to enlist? Only loser small town white trash with no other options in life enlists in any of the armed forces. Also, you will be fighting for jews and globalists.. and likely lose your life as the jew rubs his hands in glee for your sacrfice. Don't do it. Like Furious Styles said in the movie 'boyz n the hood' "Don't join the military, Tre, military ain't no place for a black man". I would expand this to say that the military ain't for no white man, either. Don't do it brah.
>>
>>128033243
Army, Navy and Coast Guard might take you at 31, depending on quotas. You're too fucking old dude. The oldest dude in my platoon in the Corps was 28, and he was wrung out.
>>
What are you joining?
>>
>>128033243
No matter how much you train boot can still kick yer arse. If you're good on running and pullups you'll be fine though. Oh and having to deal with Children's humor since you'll be a decade older than most.

The young guys will look up to you at first and be kind of distant.
>>
I've been working at an international airline company for 12 years and have my piloting license after I finished my last 50 hours. Which branch of military would be interested in me? I love planes. 29 y/o btw. Or should I just be a corporate cuck and try flying for my airline?
>>
>>128035553
How become pilot?
>>
>>128033243
boot camp is a meme to make recruits think that all the hard work they need to do is in those 9-12 weeks. in reality boot camp is easy shit compared to what you do the rest of the 4 or so years you are in.
>>
>>128033243
I was 17 when I went through so I wouldn't know what it will be for you. They got me where I needed to be physically so as long as you're healthy you should be fine.
>>
>>128033243
I'm a drill sergeant OP. Questions?
>>
>>128033243
Former Jarhead here. There was one guy I knew on Parris Island who was your age. He got an age wavier though.

Physically he did fine. I think the bullshit was tougher on him than anything else. Keep in mind, Boot Camp is geared towards 18 year olds with zero life experience beyond high school. If you're not used to being treated like a complete shithead with no sense of anything you're gonna find it all very frustrating and degrading.

Also, yeah. Kids 10 years younger and many IQ points lower than you are gonna outrank you by like a lot.

If you can deal with all that, fuck it. Its not a terrible investment.
>>
>>128033243
average age of ww2 soldiers was 26 the whole 18 year old thing is a meat grinder meme
>>
The hardest part will be mental/emotional because most other people your age will be a decade or more into their military career, with much higher rank, better living conditions, more money. You will be on the same level as 18 year olds and taking orders/shit and doing scrub work for 20 year olds who outrank you. If you can deal with that, you will make it.
>>
>>128037838
Bro, that was like 70 years ago. We had just been attacked by a major military power and every able bodied man, remotely within military age was expected to go fight.

And if they didn't go voluntarily, they were drafted.

Times have changed, as has the nature of our military. Average age for recruit training these days is about 19.
>>
When I did basic, we had two guys come in that were right at the cutoff age (36). One was a vet that had been out too long and the other wanted to be in the Army Band. Both did awesome and amazingly enough, the oldest one (Army Band guy) dusted almost everyone. Age is just a construct in the mind. One thing though: you will get sick of the age difference in a hurry.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.