[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think of the Amish? I've never been anywhere

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: amish-family-in-buggy8.jpg (263KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
amish-family-in-buggy8.jpg
263KB, 600x400px
What does /pol/ think of the Amish? I've never been anywhere around where these people live, what do people who live around them think of them?
>>
>>127947599
I respect their woodworking skills and their unwillingness to have cell phones.
>>
>>127947599
they're alright, It's a different way to live. How is this political?
>>
>>127947599
Their horses are slow as fuck. Get off the road faggots!
>>
>>127948517
Stop trying to control free speech, fascist.
>>
They're the only white people having above replacement level children. Amish is the future.
>>
They are here and there in upstate New York, the only time I really deal with them is when I pass their horse carriage on the road. Although one family does set up some times in front of my local wal mart to sell their hand made stuff.
>>
>>127947599

Fair play to em like innit.
>>
>>127947599
PA BRO REPORTING IN
EVERYTIME IM DRIVING I HAVE TO PASS THEM
>>
I don't really think anything about them. They don't really interact with outsiders besides business.
>>
>>127948419
I went on vacation to Lancaster PA with my parents as a kid, One of the things we did was take a buggy ride. My dad was a cell phone salesman at the time and that came up in conversation, then the Amish buggy driver guy pulled a StarTAC out of his buggy glove box and said something along the lines of "we can't stay in the dark ages forever".

He was a pretty cool guy.
>>
Their females are my conservative wet dream
>>
>>127951452
Do the Amish shave anything?
>>
>>127947599
They speak with a really fucked up Dutch accent, but are otherwise alright. Some will try to con you by selling expensive produce.
>>
>>127951631
As in female's pussies? Hell no.
>>
They work hard.
They place great emphasis on family.
They respect work, so they don't look for ways to get out of work. They would rather rely on themselves. With the choice between growing a green bean (tilling, plowing, planting, weeding, hoeing, picking, canning) and buying a can of green beans, they choose growing. They do for themselves as much as possible by default.
They have a lot of money as a community because they dont spend it on luxuries. They spend it as a community to help everyone get land or homes, paying cash since they don't believe in debt or credit, owing someone else.
Everyone gets to choose the Amish faith or leave it. When they hit 14-16 they have a 'running around period' where they experience more of the world and sow their wild oats. This is so they can get a chance to 'see what they are missing' before joining the Amish church and living according to its rules.
They know what's going on in the world, they don't shy from it. They keep it from affecting them though.
Some have furniture businesses etc., so they have phone booths at the end of the drive or cell phones kept in the barn for business only.
The buggies are slow, but they keep everyone in the area from rushing like NY nuts. You slow down, you appreciate the farms and simple living and love of family and good work. People who have lived around Amish for generations are surprisingly protective of them against outsiders.
>>
>>127951452
Are you talking about Amish girls or Mennonite girls?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.