[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about such thing as duels? Can they exist in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: Mühlberg_-_Säbelmensur.jpg (138KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
Mühlberg_-_Säbelmensur.jpg
138KB, 800x504px
What do you think about such thing as duels? Can they exist in modern world? At least non lethal but still with some sabers or other dueling swords.
>>
I thought that "mutual combat" was legal in Oregon, but I just looked it up and it seems to be a myth? I think it's a great idea. Two guys decide to punch it out and be done with it, so be it. The only real problem is that these days very few people seem to fight fair.
>>
File: SJ.jpg (374KB, 600x956px) Image search: [Google]
SJ.jpg
374KB, 600x956px
>>127918460
"1014: Gunnlaugr Ormstunga and Hrafn Önundarson fought the last recorded Holmgang (Viking duel) in Iceland that ended in a draw.

1022: Tmutarakan' Prince Mstislav the Brave and Kasogs Prince Rededya.

September 8, 1380: Alexander Peresvet and Tatar champion Chelubey.

April 11, 1127: Galbert of Bruges recorded an event near Ypres where Herman the Iron challenged Guy Steenvorde, alleging his complicity in the assassination of Charles the Good, Count of Flanders. In the ensuing duel, Steenvorde was brutally defeated and, though dying, hanged for having been found guilty in a trial by combat.[1]

June 23, 1314: During the first day of the Battle of Bannockburn, Robert the Bruce and his rival Henry de Bohun engaged in an isolated combat which ended with Bruce killing Bohun.
December 29, 1386: Knights Jean de Carrouges and Jacques Le Gris fought a judicial duel in Paris, France. It began when Carrouges charged Le Gris of raping his wife Marguerite, and when the case couldn't be solved in court, the King of France Charles IV intervened and suggested that the two end the dispute in a duel to the death. During the melee that followed, in which both combatants fought each other in plate armor together with an assortment of weapons, Carrouges managed to wrestle the larger Le Gris, removed his head cover and killed him, thus "proving" his charges."
>>
>>127918863
>very few people seem to fight fair.
Well, we need special people to watch for sucker punches and we need to implement a set of rules.
>>
Paint ball or laser tag would be cool. How can people hate each other after those activities with a cold beer and nachos afterward?
>>
How it should be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KWTEhyVX8
>>
>>127918863
I don't think there is a law called mutual combat. It has to do with the way assault charges are setup. If a person willing puts themselves in danger and acknowledges the fact that they could be harmed this could be used as a defense to someone charged with assualt. So two people can willing consent to fighting each other lawfully.

I think I am close. Someone could do a better job of explaining it.
>>
File: 1493239015441.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1493239015441.png
42KB, 655x509px
>>127918460
tfw norwegian universities don't have academic fencing like in germany
>>
>>127918863
Mutual combat is legal in Washington not Oregon. You were close.
>>
File: bewilderment.jpg (139KB, 1300x960px) Image search: [Google]
bewilderment.jpg
139KB, 1300x960px
>>127919837
>ur mom such slut!
>wow, lets do some tagz!
>>
It's called bar fights. And they're legal in my state as long as both parties consent and do it on private property.

Technically a fight to the death is legal (with bare hands) but I'm not sure if the law has been tested any times recently.
>>
>>127920137
Yup. That's what I was talking about. Pretty great. Solved plenty of issues this way and made a couple friends. >>127920368
>>
File: ahmed.png (519KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
ahmed.png
519KB, 615x409px
>>127920018
>in germany
academic fencing with ahmed and abdul
>>
>>127919651
It's fair to the death (at least according to local knowledge) as long as both parties stay conscious. It's generally only used over a girl or property damage when there's no way you'll be getting your money in small claims court.
>>
>>127918460
>Can they exist in modern world?
1v1 on Rust fgt
>>
>>127918460
ITT: America is better than all other cucktries
>>
File: 69.jpg (15KB, 180x324px) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
15KB, 180x324px
>>127919891

I was mistaken, it was actually Washington state.

http://mynorthwest.com/74103/phoenix-jones-fist-fight-video-goes-viral/

In Oregon, physical force is not legal if it is a "product of a combat by mutual agreement not specifically authorized by law." However, I cannot seem to find any any laws specifically authorizing it.

https://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_instruction/or-ucrji-no-1111-use-of-physical-force-in-defense-of-person-mutual-combat-no-defense/
http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/M/MutualCombat.aspx
>>
>>127920586
looks comfy desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUh5exBJXBU
>>
>>127921007
Ah, I knew you were talking about Phoenix Jones too. I was probably thinking of Texas. I figured they would have an actual law outlining Mutual Combat but I was surprised when they didn't. Just consent as a defense.

Sec. 22.06. CONSENT AS DEFENSE TO ASSAULTIVE CONDUCT. [Mutual combat]

(a) The victim’s effective consent or the actor’s reasonable belief that the victim consented to the actor’s conduct is a defense to prosecution under Section 22.01 (Assault), 22.02 (Aggravated Assault), or 22.05 (Deadly Conduct) if:

(1) the conduct did not threaten or inflict serious bodily injury; or

(2) the victim knew the conduct was a risk of:

(A) his occupation;

(B) recognized medical treatment; or

(C) a scientific experiment conducted by recognized methods.

(b) The defense to prosecution provided by Subsection (a) is not available to a defendant who commits an offense described by Subsection (a) as a condition of the defendant’s or the victim’s initiation or continued membership in a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.