[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with all the anti STEM degree post. Is someone behind

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1233.jpg (84KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1233.jpg
84KB, 600x600px
What's with all the anti STEM degree post. Is someone behind people pursuing a degree that gives a human purpose, and the ability to create and help mankind?
>>
>>127803821
Redpill of the day: The right wing want cattle, the left want sheep. STEM majors are required to take a few humanities classes, or "White people are evil" lessons, so college has the capacity to take their cattle from them and turn them into sheep. The truth is STEM is a based direction to go in life, as long as you think for yourself.
>>
File: 4364534645.png (422KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
4364534645.png
422KB, 665x662px
>>127803821

you fucking idiot, the market is over saturated with engineers, and with doctors in the west. We need more journalists, maestros, chefs, video creators, spanish guitar players and football players

dont fall for the STEM = easy money meme, i spent 8 years of hell until i started making big bucks - my friend who is passionate about cars opened up a mechanics shop and was making 6 figures while i was slaving away in school because he followed his dream

it really is the biggest meem of our times and the videos of sjws in humanities isnt helping, just dont go into STEM unless you absolutely love a certain field (eg. architecture), no child wants to be an industrial engineer with focus on logistics and operations or whatever when they grow up
>>
>>127804801
Chefs are losers, top out at 30-50k a year in a small town, 70k in a big city, so you get fucked either way.
>journalists
Yes that market is not saturated at fucking all
>spanish guitar players
god damnit I should have read the whole thing b4 you goddamn troll.
>>
it's bitter stem fags like me trying to drive people out of the job market to keep my wages high
>>
>>127805197
Yeah, no gurls allowed!
>>
>>127805086

>Chefs are losers, top out at 30-50k a year in a small town
>hasn't heard of 5 star hotels

at least in my country they're sucking peoples dick to leave engineering and medicine alone for a few years, doctors are literally working in the Sudan, engineers are spilling over to the gulf and even to iran or iran because theyre just not enough positions,

i know you hate sjws but culinary arts, music, journalism, pol sci are all respectable fields. in fact anything can be a respectable field and make you loads of money if you're smart and just a tab bit likeable which was the entire point of my post
>>
>>127805415
>5 star
>he has not heard of michelin
anyway I was in the chef biz, and left it for Stem. Getting a hotel chef gig is on par with becoming a pro-football player anon.
>>
>>127805086
Hey 45k a year as a sous and free meals is good enough for me to live comfortably but most chefs are total coke addicted losers
>>
>>127805415
adding to that chefs are based af, and it was fun to curse and give eachother crap at work, but I want to own something bigger than a cuckshed
>>
>>127805814
to each his own, but if you want a wife and kids that 45k becomes like an 18k when you were on your own. And for you I am not even estimating what health insurance would cost me.
>>
>>127805691
>>127805884

>Getting a hotel chef gig is on par with becoming a pro-football player anon.

you obviously dont know what you're talking about, of course it would seem like that if you study culinary arts at some shit community college in Lousiana but if you actually do it right and shill the big bucks to study in Geneva you would be instantly hired in any of the top 33 capitals AND IT STILL wouldnt cost you half of what a normal engineering/medicine degree would, failing all that Dubai would suck your dick to come work for 90K a year at their empty understaffed hotels they're building by the hundreds.

stop the famine mentality pls and dont lie to young impressionable kids.

Follow your dreams and work hard REALLY DOES WORK. fuck STEM and this is coming from a straight A STEM cuck
>>
>>127803821

Its STEAM, shitlord.
>>
>>127806313
gee I wonder what the well paid chef to amount of chefs ratio there is, because it seems like there is no shortage of chefs.

And yes, I do know what I am talking about, because
t. ex-chef
There is one in Sacramento and Stockton who basically runs the majority of non-chain restaurants in the cities, and the sous of each gets 70k, roughly. The marketspace is flooded with them and it is insane to think otherwise.

And if you are a STEM and making no money my guess is you were a chemfag.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.