[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is art so shit today? I'm not going to pretend I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1485px-CAPPELLA_SISTINA_Ceiling.jpg (289KB, 1485x534px) Image search: [Google]
1485px-CAPPELLA_SISTINA_Ceiling.jpg
289KB, 1485x534px
Why is art so shit today? I'm not going to pretend I'm super attentive to the scene, but why aren't there artists in all fields topping guys like Michelangelo, Beethoven, Da Vinci,etc Nobody knows the name of people who designs modern architecture either, it looks shit.
>>
>>127728497
Jews
>>
>>127728497
Good art requires effort, talent and training.
Shit art gets the same pay, and doesn't require the same effort, talent and training.

The reason is that shit art is used to secure money. A steel bar poorly warped into a faintly recognisable shape of some sort isn't worth jack shit, but call it art and with the right investor and (((art experts))) it can be worth millions. Why? Because (((they))) told him it's okay if he paid millions for it.

Then there's the subversion angle. If all the (((experts))) say that a piece of cloth stained with menstrual blood is high class art, who are those not in the know to argue that it isn't?
Like the WWE, it's a universe they want us to subscribe to whether it's shit or cancer.
>>
>>127728744
fpbp
>>
>>127728497
the elites are dumping billions into art and gold right now in preparation for their downfall

Former UFC owner engages in historic bidding war for Basquiat painting that sells for $110M

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/28/15706336/former-ufc-owner-in-historic-bidding-war-basquiat-painting-that-sells-for-110-million-mma
>>
Good art has become pretty industrialized and normal. No one cares if you have amazing fundamentals and technical drawing skills since everyone else in the industry does too. So then that "shit" art gets popular among the rich art people.
>>
Photography changed the art world immensely. The real skill used to be in making it look as real as possible. Since the advent of photography, artists figured if you wanted reality you'd just look at a photograph instead of a painting.

Instead, painters capitalized on what they could do with paint that photography could not, and they pushed that to its extreme as each artist tried to make something new.

Being mundane or boring is more fatal to an artist than being "bad," is the tl;dr.
>>
>>127728497
All the old masters are dead and/or dying, and no one bothered to learn from them because everything can be art now so fuck technical skill. This isn't some new event though, the same thing happened in the later years of the Roman Empire and it's the reason Byzantine art is so bizarre looking.
>>
>>127729351
>market flooded with Michelangelos
Wrong
>>
>>127729614
Literally every artist in development jobs for movies, shows, video games, or some other media that isn't tumblr tier cartoon network shows have artist with good fundementals and technical skills. Not that it even matters since they all just copy they art style of whoever the lead artist is. Having good fundamentas is pretty much required now, since the bulk of the work is just grunt artists copying better artist.
Gallery art studios is just filled with money launders too.
>>
>>127730348
I've always suspected "modern art" is just money laundering. Why else would someone pay thousands if not millions for random retarded garbage?
>>
File: Jakub_Schikaneder_-_The_Sad_Way.jpg (1MB, 2059x1338px) Image search: [Google]
Jakub_Schikaneder_-_The_Sad_Way.jpg
1MB, 2059x1338px
>>127729415
pic related, your agument is wrong, you can look at photo for hours and you will feel nothing, but look at good paintning and something caches your eye immediantly

>>127729013
Toothpaste is right. Art requires talent and years for training, which faggots dont have and are lazy to spend. they dont do it for passion, they do it for money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPxHEN9lXCU

>tfw noone will be ever able to create something like this ever again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.