[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the beauty standard in Japan cute, while the Western beauty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: tfw_no_aryanime_gf.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tfw_no_aryanime_gf.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why is the beauty standard in Japan cute, while the Western beauty standard is sexy?

This is politically relevant because it could give us a deep insight on our society or something
>>
Asians are smarter
>>
>>127661172
Are they though? All the greatest leaps in science were done by Western people
>>
>>127661054

Wait, why is that?

What is it about Japanese society that they favor "cute" as an aesthetic preference?
>>
>>127661278
IQ tests have them above Western Peoples.
>>
>>127661278
Western people used to be smarter. But then dysgenics happened.
>>
>>127661391
That's exactly my question, maybe I should've posted something more provocative.
>>
I think they go for cute since most of their women are flat on the front and the back too, so trying to be sexy won't work very well. Most have crooked teeth and similar faces... And hair. But even then for Japanese women to look cute they still need lots of makeup, braces, fake eyelashes and so on.

In fact, I don't blame Japanese men for lusting after Western women and making their anime girls busty and shit.
>>
>>127661878
No idea anon. The best I can chalk it up to is asians generally not being very busty/curvy, so that's pretty much the logical choice. Great taste btw.
>>
>>127661391
Anime might be a big influence, everything is tiny and colorful, flower shaped things like pins and not slutty makeup or clothes
>>
>>127661878
(bump) I did it because this question needs exposure and almonds.

I theorize that the Japanese prefer the cute aesthetic because it is non-threatening or represents non-threatening things. That, and they might have a society that brings out more of a certain human, "care-taking", instinct.
>>
>>127661391
i'm canadian and i prefer someone cute over someone sexy. people who go out of their way to look sexy are usually boring
>>
>>127663181

That... might be something to consider about women.
>>
>>127661054
(bump for brains)

We needs those almonds /pol/
>>
>>127661054
Because they like to violate cute things. It's part of their shame-culture.

Also, you're wrong. Browsing this god-forsaken site for almost a decade has shown be some shit. Big anime titties are not uncommon--Japs love sexy chicks.
>>
>>127661054
Who is this semen demon
>>
>>127661278
To play double's advocate, that could be more from Western thought and culture. The focus on particulars means that the west is more focused on science and empirical thought than the East.
>>
File: ayaka.png (362KB, 504x1016px) Image search: [Google]
ayaka.png
362KB, 504x1016px
average japanese
>>
File: nervous.jpg (104KB, 927x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
104KB, 927x1200px
>>127661054
Sexy=Slut
Cute=Waifu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.