[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Trump making a good move by constructing more of the fence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1495172636020.jpg (67KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
1495172636020.jpg
67KB, 960x507px
is Trump making a good move by constructing more of the fence that was built after the secure fence act of 2006?
liberals in congress are delaying budget funding for Trump's concrete wall, so he's using funds appropriated for border security to build more of the old fence. Trump just completed the Naco Arizona fence in May.
Trump is building more of this fence because the budget bill that obama signed last year has funds reserved for border fencing and security, and Trump's current budget bill got more money for border security.
>>
Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get two scoops.
>>
>>127659523
Trump is building more of the old fence just because he can, and because liberals in congress won't budget him funding for his concrete wall.
but what does he gain from continuing the fence? the fence is still inadequate
>>
File: image.jpg (647KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
647KB, 2000x1000px
>>127659523
there already are some miles of this fence on sections of the border. Trump can continue filling in this fence, but he wanted a concrete wall to protect the border
>>
Trump's new budget doesn't ask for border wall money at all. If you forgot, Mexico is going to pay for it. I'm sure as hell not paying for it.
>>
>>127664625
>implying
>>
>>127664061
what a waste of fucking money, which retard dreamed up this fence idea
>>
>>127661831
>what does he gain from continuing the fence? the fence is still inadequate

because construction of the wall will take a lot of time and preparations. contractors are still bidding for the project, structural designs are still going on, funding is still in the works.

whereas funding for the fence was already existing and it will still help where there is no fencing currently. It's simply a temporary way to slow down the bleeding.
Also, we really only need the wall in parts where the current wall and fencing isn't adequate.
Contrary to popular belief, parts of the current wall IS effective and we only need to reinforce the sections that are not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V41Za5BWIns
>>
>>127659448
>>127661831
>>127664061
All these buzz words leads me to believe that shills are making pro trump threads to get the t_d crowd lured into. For fast bumping slide threads
>>
>>127664625
>Trump's new budget doesn't ask for border wall money at all. If you forgot, Mexico is going to pay for it. I'm sure as hell not paying for it.
It's cute you think you get to decide what your money is used for after you pay your taxes.
>>
>>127665154
It will be a net gain when it come to outlays. I'm all for it.
>>
>>127665154
>too tall to climb
>too strong to pierce
>can't fit through any gaps
>too deep to undermine
What is wrong with this exactly? It may as well be considered a wall.
>>
>>127664625
congress blocked any funding for a concrete wall in the current budget.
Trump can continue construction of this fence because fencing the border is a project from the secure fence act passed in 2006. while obama didn't secure the border, he signed budgets that allocate money for border fencing and security.
Trump has been paying for new fence construction with the unused money in the budget signed by obama.
this doesn't change that the fence is inadequate and we need a concrete wall
>>
File: 399x60031.jpg (64KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
399x60031.jpg
64KB, 399x600px
>>127669221
It's not electrified
>>
>>127659448
Think of it this way. Trump is on a clock. He's in a race against time, the 2018 and 2020 election. This is why the Democrats/Republican Neo-cons are obstructing him tooth and nail at every turn, because in their mind it's just a waiting game: Prevent Trump from accomplishing a single goddamn thing (ESPECIALLY something that his base demands, and they will abandon him if he doesn't finish it) and wait until the next election, where he will be easily defeated.

Trump started those fence sections because he HAD to. He has not finished consolidating power yet (this process is taking 9 months at least due to all the investigations / intelligence community shit going on), so he needs to do SOMETHING to signal to his base "Yes this is still a priority for me, the Ryan/McConnell traitors and the Dems still control congress, but at least I am getting totally unprotected sections fenced off for now."

As for it being inadequate I agree. Ultimately I hope the wall winds up being a double-wall style like Berlin Wall. First build out a layer of fence, then come back later and build an even taller wall behind it, in between are roads/lights/towers etc.
>>
File: open border.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
open border.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
Anything put on that border is a plus .
>>
>>127659448
No. It's just the fence but with fancy paint
>>
>>127669894
the fence doesn't even have barbed wire on top

>>127670677
it doesn't secure the border. the metal panels on top of the fence are just something to rest the ladder against when jumping the border.
we need a concrete wall with barbed wire to really prevent illegal crossing into the US
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.