[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>22-years-old >making $35,000 out of college >in order

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 1495910815383.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495910815383.png
211KB, 327x316px
>22-years-old
>making $35,000 out of college
>in order to retire comfortably have to put 10% of my income into a jew01k that my employer matches
>have to pay off 25k in student loans while also putting part of my income away for retirement

This is a fucking scam. You need to invest when you are young for retirement or you're fucked, but you also have to pay back student loans at the same time? What the fuck kind of retarded system is this?
>>
>>127507313
>35k out of college
Jesus Christ are you an English major or something?
At very bare MINIMUM you should be making 45k/yr.

I really wish more parents and schools taught people how to effectively negotiate their starting salaries.
>>
>>127507694
fuck you can negotiate?
>>
>>127507313

Solution: don't have student loans.
>>
>>127508289
yeah it goes something like this

>hey give me more money
>employer: no

>>127507694
most college grads are lucky to even get a fucking job, why would they push it by asking for more you retard? they'll just get another grad not being a retard by pushing their luck.

>>127507313
>trusting 401ks

they put your money on the stock market, guess what when the next crash happens you're shit out of lucky. you're better of putting your money under your mattress for 50 years.
>>
You and me both, pal. The future is bleak.
>>
>>127508524
That's not true at all. A good employer expects a potential employee to negotiate a wage that works for both and more importantly is an indicator of retainment. Employees are an investment, any worthwhile company excpets some sort of salary negotiation.

I can tell you really don't have experience with this at all
>>
I make 55k out of college in finance/accounting dual major, but my only goal until I am 30 is buy land, guns, and propose.

401k, social sec, it's becoming more likely that in next 20 years none of that will matter.

Fuck retirement anyways, I can golf now if I want.
>>
>>127507313
>use your superior college intellect to create a time machine
>go back in time
>become a plumber
>one way ticket to success
>>
>>127508289
It's a pretty smart thing to negotiate something a little higher or at least your vacation and sick day's going into employment on a salary since you don't get paid for overtime.
>>
>>127507313
Wait you have to pay for rent and everything so at this rate you'll be able to live a real life by the time you're 50.
Enjoy your slavery. Where banker and government decide your life worth.
Not much more than cattle in this corporate world.
>>
>>127508858
>I can tell you really don't have experience with this at all
And I can tell you expect your experience to be the norm and not the exception.

literally >works on my machine ;^)
>>
File: WHAT.png (316KB, 689x351px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
316KB, 689x351px
>>127507313
>Make 39k a year with no college and no debt
>>
>>127507313
>25k is a lot of debt

If you can't pay that loan off in 3 years you're fucking worthless as a person.
>>
>>127509076
It is the norm you fucking retard.

Jesus Christ, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Schools and parents really need to teach kids about proper salary negotiation before getting hired.
>>
File: 1494285565983.jpg (8KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
1494285565983.jpg
8KB, 272x185px
>>127507694
What's there to negotiate? You have a piece of paper and no real job experience. The negotiations come once you have 2+ solid years in the industry.
>>
Lmao made 30k out of college writing for a small town paper. At least I was pursuing a passion
>>
>>127509176

Why, when women won't negotiate shooting for the same position?

Unless you can show off some real life skill out of school, oh wait...
>>
>>127509013
im going to do some research on the dos and donts for the future, thank you for the tip
>>
>another dick-measuring RP thread from a bunch of NEETS with grand ideas about life without college degrees and work experience
>>
>>127507313
Retiring is a ridiculous baby boomer fantasy that will kill you faster. Work and pussy keeps you alive. Never quit.
>>
>be 23 years old
>worked through high school
>haven't made less than $50,000 a year since graduating at 17, in a very cheap city
>almost $50k in my 401K right now, already maxed out contribution for 2017
>only debt is a car at 0% interest

>>127508524
Enjoy inflation, overpaying on taxes, and not getting that sweet sweet money from employer match.

>>127508858
Hey, someone who isn't an idiot.

>>127508960
>lel government seizing 401K conspiracy
>>
>>127509176
You're right tho. I moved from the journalism industry where i ate scraps to to a new gig at a prestigious prep school and I had no idea how to answer the salary question. I gave a 15k range and am happy on the low end at 45k but holy fuck my 60k top end must have made them giggle.
>>
>>127507313
I'm making 30K/yr stipend to get a PhD and accepted a job starting at 108K. Sort yourself out anon!
>>
>>127509648
>0 percent interest

What kind of car did your parents purchase for you?
>>
>>127509827
>he doesn't know how to manage credit

If you're 22 and don't have at least a 750 FICO, it's already to late for you.
>>
>>127507313
kek, good luck on keeping the government from seizing your 401k one day to pay DEABTS
>>
>>127509648

Government won't be the one's seizing shit.

There won't be a diversification strategy to hedge against what is coming, aside from personal development and skill/knowledge base.
>>
>>127510264
Hey, it's the
>it's happening soon and only I'll be prepared
fantasy game.
>>
>>127507313
>retirement
this is where you are wrong. don't give (((them))) your money, never fell for (((their))) tricks, build solid skills to live by yourself.
>>
>>127510388

Soon, as in the next 35 years faggot. Damn certainty.

You think Bernanke was a genius I bet, and Yellen has a clue.

Get fucked, you won't need my help
>>
>>127507313
I could hire you at 18 with a technical certificate and pay you $40k/yr and give you benefits and a company car. You could work from home and pursue an Associate's Degree where, after receipt, I'd increase your salary to $55k/yr. And, after you graduated with a bachelor's in any safety or engineering focus, you'd make minimum $75k, but likely $96k with the experience I'd given you.

t. Senior Loss Control Consultant bullshit title
>>
>>127510684
You forgot to add the affiliate link for your emergency survival food.
>>
>>127510844

>Thinks I'm talking about prepping

You should delet your account
>>
>>127507694
CS here, 60k starting
>>
>>127507313
>still falling for the work for someone else meme
>>
>>127510264
Wrong. The system won't collapse completely into anarchy, the elites will just assume control. If you make the right investments, you can ensure you're a low-tier patrician in the pecking order.
>>
>>127507313

>Making 35k.

401k plans will probably go the way of SS where the government Jews everyone out their money somehow to pay for the debt. If I were you, I'd pay off student loans ASAP, then save the rest of the money for quality of life/emergencies. Just make sure to have enough money at retirement for a rope because fuck getting old when the whole country will be BLACKED/RICED/BEANED by then.
>>
>>127507313
Welcome to reality.
No one gives a fuck about your virtue signaling and you are responsible for yourself.
You pay off your loans and bills, buy health and life insurance, and work a 40+ hour career for atleast two years before you ask your employer for a raise of what you believe is reasonable for the workload given.

$25 in student loans is fucking nothing
>>
>>127511249

Current systems won't collapse entirely as far as I can guess, but the concept of retirement will be pretty funny.
>>
Youngfag here. Just graduated high school and I'm going to college in the fall.

>started three businesses in high school
>first was a graphic design team and that failed miserably
>second was a YouTube network, that went REALLY well until subnetworks were banned last august, made a total of 30k after taxes.
>In august I used half of my money to save for college, used 10k to buy a car and used the other money to live, help pay my dad's rent while he was unemployed. He's good now and got a really good job with our local NHL team as the play-by-play announcer.
>used the remaining 3k to start a website that custom printed esports jerseys
>my friends and I just sold it for a shit ton of money. Each of us made off with about $35k after taxes.

So now that I've basically paid for state university, what should I study? I'm hoping for a Business/CompSci double major.
>>
>>127511703

Seriously, does anyone trust our government to do anything right before everything collapses on us? Debt ceiling, PetroDollar, and constant threats to our social safety nets, how anyone can say "I want to put my money into an account that the government can alter/control" is pretty retarded in 2017. The idea of having someone else decide the fate of your money is idiotic, fucking Trump can say some retard statement, and boom currency devaluation of the almighty cuck $.
>>
>>127512017

Richest person I know (who hasn't self made millions by taking advantage of legal system through patent law) is chemical engineering in petroleum outfit restorations.
>>
>>127512235

How the future bond and sovereign debt crisis are handled, combined with the student loan defaults and aging draw on SS, will determine how this goes down.
>>
>>127512017
Dude just don't go to class, Jack off and play league everyday
>>
>>127510139
Oh my bad guess you're the "poor but responsible" type.

How is that chink shit car treating you ?
>>
I got a job paying $40K after gaining experience at a crap help desk job.

I'm traveling to India to train people. At night. When it would be daytime in the US.

If not for the fact they're reimbursing me the $250 to apply for a passport expedited and county fees, I'd have already quit.
>>
>>127512767
I'm by no means a fluke, I have friends who make more than me live streaming, and a lot of people in the YT network industry my age who make over 100k a year.
>>
>>127512436

Exactly. There's an uncertainty like we've never seen, all because some cucks said "kick the can, the young people will figure it out", except no one will figure out how to pay for this because it's basically impossible without a global war to wipe our debt or a lot of pain that current/future generations will have to deal with for a LOOONG time. We're basically Greece at this point, but on a much larger scale with the exception being an actually good military to back us up when shit goes down. Every other nation knows this, which is why the idea of a strong EU military should scare us all "IF" it ever happens. American exceptionalism is basically dead, we're just running a facade, until the faucets dry up.
>>
>>127513290

Business should be treated like a trade if you choose that route, 80% is common sense. The most enriching courses were financial derivative models and geopolitical reconciliation of best practices, but B.sc degrees are a dime a dozen unless you meet every suit you possibly can during school.

Compsci is fun but you really better know exactly what it is you want to focus on, and get a niche skillset, unless you are going the entrepreneur route.

Agricultural, synthetic materials, and chemical engineering are the knowledge sets I wish I had the time and resources to learn.

Good luck anon, congrats on your success, it's not common.
>>
>>127514167

And the young who inherited the can were too poorly educated to figure out a way to keep kicking.

Ethically, for future humanities sake, I'm glad it will finally end. Hard times ahead though, most Americans aren't mentally prepared for food shortages due to truckers unable to logistically refuel in a depression.
>>
>>127511048
>math phd here, 300k starting
>any job I want
>>
>>127515185

I can't wait for the inevitable devaluation of the accreditation system.

Universities played themselves, assuming the student loans they hand out like candy would always be backed by the feds in some way or another.
>>
>>127507694
>Jesus Christ are you an English major or something?

Guys I seriously don't know who's being ironic and who's being serious. those are big numbers for me.
>>
>>127515704

Seriously, this feels like a "fuck Boomers thread", but these problems are very much because "that" generation decided to take the profit motive all the way into every institution imaginable.

>Prisons
$

>Education
$

>Housing/Rents
Full blown greed to a level never seen before.

>Unions?
Nah, the businesses could make more money if they just outsource everything. More profit doesn't hurt anyone, right?....except for the economy, once all the juice has been squeezed from the local money tree.

>Fiscal responsibility?
Nope, fuck that, I need mine.

Boomers were handed everything on a silver platter, yet still weren't happy. They decided, why do I have just 1 car? Why not 3? How about houses? Let's get a vacation home because that's completely normal, and why not get another mortgage, so I can flip that house for more $$$. Housing values always rise, right? Then they have the audacity to call the young lazy and telling them to work harder because of their past mistakes/screw-ups. Well, good luck with that pal because the mess they left, will be fucking almost impossible to fix.
>>
>>127516737

Boomers destroyed this country economically, and honestly, even the ones who don't understand why are at fault for not caring enough to fight for change. Comfort breeds complacency, and they had the gall to believe the youth of today are fighting from an even starting point.

My boomer father accused his mother-in-law who grew up during the depression of stealing from millenials by expecting Medicare payments.

A truly selfish breed of people.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.