[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ChristGen/ - Christian General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 93

File: Baptist.jpg (360KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
Baptist.jpg
360KB, 800x538px
How was Church today anon?

If you didn't go, why are you not a Christian Yet, /pol/? It is the culture of your white forefathers.

All Faiths Welcome - Feel Free to Share some music while you're here.
Protestant:
https://youtu.be/uA4JyAONd_I
https://youtu.be/6Bwfm7-uNS4
https://youtu.be/zSif77IVQdY
Catholic/Orthodox:
https://youtu.be/NgriVVhCM3c
https://youtu.be/KY2KzjVNoKY
>>
>>127469745

All faiths except child-predator mudslimes
>>
>>127469955
and catholics
>>
Our pastor started a sermon series on Ecclesiastes today. Go read the first chapter right now; you'll be incredibly depressed until you remember that you're a Christian and heaven is a thing. Reminded me of the one Goebbels quote, can't find the pic though.
>>
>>127470225
Nonbelievers such as muslims and atheists need our help more than any other
>>127469955
I'm sure the jews are happy you've arrived at this bias.
>>
File: 485485465.jpg (641KB, 1200x684px) Image search: [Google]
485485465.jpg
641KB, 1200x684px
>>127470542
I'll reread it today. our pastor did a sermon on John 21 today about renewing your faith, it was great. He also did a preivew of the next two sermons where we'll go through the entire book of James and concentrate on ensuring our works are in deed bearing Fruit in the world as evidenced by our Faith. I know Catholics will get a chuckle out of that one. Next sunday we'll have our quarterly communion too.
>>
>>127469745
I'm a theist who has decided to become Christian but I can't pick a church. I've been to a bunch of protestant churches but they were mostly skinnypants rock concerts and lattes. I went to a mainline protestant church and everyone was 90 years old. I went to Catholic mass and it was neat but felt like a funeral, and everyone was older middle aged ethnic families. I went to a Greek Orthodox church and really liked it but it's an hour away in a very rich area and everyone was Greek or some other ethnic so I having nothing in common with the churchgoers. I went to a Eastern Catholic Maronite church and everyone was Middle Eastern and wondering what I was doing there. I went to a Traditional Latin Mass and it was a very small tight-knit older group who knew I didn't belong there. I went to a Korean protestant church and had a blast but everyone kept asking me (nicely) "so, uh, why did you come to a Korean church?" and I felt weird.

How is a single American guy in his 30s supposed to find a church? I understand that it's really all about God, but I have moved to this place for work and have no friends and really want to find a community I can relate to.
>>
>>127470574

Nobody needs your "help" archon.
>>
>>127470574
I'm sure Satan is happy your a papist lover
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdo4Eyw4DqM
>>
>>127469745
we had a guest preacher, a black woman. she did a good job, mentioned how she was happy Trump won so you can really see people's inner thoughts and feelings.
>>
>>127471271
firts, become catholic, later learn about traditional Tridentine Mass and go where they celebrate them
>>
>>127471271
>but I can't pick a church
what was your fathers denomination? That's be a good start.

If you literally have no idea. Start by just looking through the main differences between Catholic/Orthodox (pretty much the same) vs Protestant which can be best broken down as lacking a priesthood/pope authority, identifying as "Faith Alone"/"Sola Scriptura" and the practice of believer Baptism (as opposed to infant baptism)

I have a bias towards Baptist protestantism, but will not trash Catholics/Orthodox in this thread.
>>
>>127469745
How do you guys reconcile Christian slave morality. Love thy neighbor and turning the other cheek?
>>
>>127471499
I couldn't sit through a woman preaching from the pulpit... and i can't say i've ever had a Preacher mention a President by name during a sermon or say anything political for that matter.
>>
>>127471879

They don't, they merely roleplay being christian, but don't follow the tenets because taking this religion too seriously can be pretty damaging.

Religious Trauma Syndrome, google it.
>>
>>127471813
My mom was raised Catholic and my dad was raised muslim and they both abandoned their faith as teenagers, so I was raised agnostic with occasional snide remarks from them about how dumb religious people are and how God must be a bastard because their is evil in the world.

>>127471733
Seems solid, but I'm not sure I'm hardcore enough for that path
>>
>>127469745
I love johnny cash a big reason i came back to Christianity.his song redemption did it for me.
>>
>>127471879
>slave morality
I have at least 3 masters (other than Christ). How about you?
>love they neighbor
why don't you? I love my neighbor as myself and as needed. There will be times when "loving" your neighbor would include "tough love". If you saw yourself abandoning your family, your children, your country to run to a foreign land for essentially free welfare - would you not kick your own ass?
>turn the other cheek
There is no other way to win an argument in a dispute. If you are talking about someone pushing Wrath upon the innocent - that isn't turning your other cheek to defend them.
>>
>>127471271
This anon is right
>>127471733

There's a Catholic general up if you want to learn more
>>127464709
>>
>>127472125
Muslim or just edgy teenager who's mad are your father for birthing you into this world?
>>
>>127472621

I'm edgy for showing people a trauma that is true?
>>
>>12746974
It was maximum kekistan. Subhuman Jew worshippers
>>
>>127472125
>They don't, they merely roleplay being christian, but don't follow the tenets because taking this religion too seriously can be pretty damaging.
Gee anon, great to know you know everything about everyone here and can tell us exaclty who we are and what we do. Must be great being psykic.
>>
>>127472943

The few that take it seriously are deluded and causing themselves spiritual and mental pain.
>>
>>127472228
>God must be a bastard because their is evil in the world
"Evil exists therefore there is no God"
This one always makes me smile at their flawless logic. To not see the glory of God in this world is to be blind.

If you're just reading the Bible and praying, you're bound to figure it out for yourself eventually - your faith in Christ is THE most important thing, but having attendence to worship is important once you figure out the rest. Proximity to a church is paramount, it ensures you go.

Do you pray?
>>
File: 1473205223839.png (735KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473205223839.png
735KB, 800x600px
Kike worshippers
>>
>>127472384
https://youtu.be/pr1CAXqzeWA
This is a good one.
>>
Well, your question is not the right one.
The right one is: why are you a Christian ?
You need reasons to do something, not the opposite.

Our ancestors had both good and bad ideas. So, it is not a valid point.
Example , the baby boomers and the fascists.
Both are our ancestors. You cannot follow both.
I chose nationalism and agnosticism because of what i learn and think.

While christianity has some good points, they have no logic behind.
The only reason is "god said this ".
You cannot adapt. And life changes.

Sorry but only children have such opinions. Adults are supposed to think and act on experience, and reasonning. And be responsible.
So, OP, why do you believe in a dogma ?
Why do you believe in something easy and comfortable instead of thinking ?
Why refusing to grow up ?
Why refuse to face death, like a Man, instead of believing in a nice story that you are eternal and a very spécial snowflake ?

Living a decent life doesnt require and never required a religion or a belief.
Quite the opposite.
Often, believers do shit, then pray to be forgiven.... And do it again. Count atheists in prison (no, commies are also believers for most of them).
Not many, hey ?

Also, the philosophical approach is long. And often humbling.
Really easy to sit on your ass and ask the tooth fairy to do what you are too lazy /afraid/arrogant/weak to do.

Yes, what i write is tough, but do you have the guts to argue and think by yourself ?

I can demonstrate why abortion is stupid, why equality is a lie, etc.
I do not need this book.
You do.
Why ?
>>
>>127473050
>causing themselves spiritual and mental pain.
Stop projecting your absolute rejection of your humanity onto the Believers.
>>
>>127472943
>great to know you know everything about everyone here

You mean the people in the nazi section of the forum where we discuss anal sex with cats?

Totally not hypocrites pretending to be christian.
>>
>>127470225
fuck off proddy scum
>>
Bupi
>>
File: 1492970344835.png (656KB, 1288x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1492970344835.png
656KB, 1288x1732px
>>127471879
>>
>>127473564
You do realize that not everyone here posts in every thread or agrees with everything, or even most things that are said here?
You are literally falling for the "/pol/ is one person" trap.
>>
>>127473675
Irrelevant picture
The bible says to turn the other cheek like a good goy
>>
>>127473487
>So, OP, why do you believe in a dogma ?
I believe the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired word of God - literally and unironically.

I see you fancy yourself an intellect - yet you don't see this world as the miracle it is?
>>
>>127473600
there's a Catholic General up if you'd prefer it.
>>
>>127473760
he's angry (in more ways than one)

>>127473810 see >>127472527
>>
>>127473155
Yes I'm reading the bible and praying, I'm new to it so maybe I just need some time to figure out where to go from here. It'd be nice to have a coach though, that's why I'd love to find a church and community that can help guide me.

As for the not seeing glory in this world I agree with you. I'm really starting to believe that just as we can build the Kingdom of God on earth we can also build our own little hell by holding contempt for creation in our hearts. It's tough to think that about my parents, but ultimately we all have to choose how we're going to live in the universe.
>>
File: C29_UVcXgAEs3x_.jpg (154KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
C29_UVcXgAEs3x_.jpg
154KB, 720x960px
>modern christianity
>american McChristians
disgusting
>>
fuck off from /pol/ and 4chan
no one here is that religious not even the stormfags, wherever you came from go back
>>
>>127473760

I'm sure people come to 4chan to spread the faith on /pol/ of all places.
>>
File: 1492971793445.png (381KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
1492971793445.png
381KB, 1380x511px
>>127473810
no it doesn't
>>
File: words_to_live_by.png (42KB, 730x441px) Image search: [Google]
words_to_live_by.png
42KB, 730x441px
>>127474113
It's hard seeing a relative or family member fall by the wayside, but you have to treat them as you would a non-believer while still praying for their salvation. Ask for the strength to keep your patience and the knowledge to know how you work in his plan for this person. Everyones path to the Lord is as unlikely as the next. Even the most rotten reprobate can see the light when God calls him.
>I'm really starting to believe that just as we can build the Kingdom of God on earth we can also build our own little hell
Absolutely. Philippians 4:4-7 teaches us that "Joy" literal joy, is possible in any moment by rejoicing. Recall that Paul wrote this passage while Chained to a wall awaiting his Crucifixion.
>>
>>127474198
any true catholic or orthodox believer would've shared their faith with us instead "this".

I hope you repent and find the Lord someday anon.
>>
>>127473833
It is no miracle. It is far better.
It is all we have and can get.
And we have to improve it .
The holy duty of a race... For herself.
To exist and prosper.
Also, why believing ?
You evade the question, like most religious people.
Fear of death
Fear of growing
Fear of being alone.
Fear, fear, fear.

You are a frightened Child.
You want a big daddy.

Well, here the only thing you can be sure. No one will help but you and other humans.
"help yourself, and god shall help you "
You do not need it.
I certainly do not.
I need my brothers and sisters to wake up and fight. And i make a lot of enemies irl coz by country really became surrendering monkeys lovers.
This has to change.
>>
>>127474324
Yes.
Christ "came to call sinners," not just those already holy.
You're quite litteraly acting like the pharisees who judged Christ for interacting with sinners
>>
>>127474782
are you asking why we don't take weekly communion? We do sometimes, but it's more like quarterly at my southern baptist church... though 'technically' i take it every meal when i bow my head and bless my food. The entire 'eucharist' ceremony is just a ceremony though, which we never do.
>>
>>
>>127473675
Thanks anon that was very insightful
>>
>>127474964
You're not making a case for yourself, you're making an ad hominem case against a trembling religious straw-man. Take your ego out of the equation and formulate the strongest case you can for your idea and let us know what it is.
>>
>>127475172
>The entire 'eucharist' ceremony is just a ceremony though, which we never do.
>denying transubstation
Anon, come on. "This is my body, do this in memory of me" does not mean "this is a symbol"
The Eucharist is far more than just a ceremony
>>
>>127475256
Analysis can hurt, but it is different from ad hominem.
The difference ?
There is reasoning behind.
You can demonstrate one is a idiot or a genius. This has nothing to do with insults and flattery.
Once again, why believe ?
Give me one good reason. One.
So far, nobody could.
But if you can convince me or others, then you win.
>>
>>127474964
>why believing
Belief in God is the most natural thing in the world. Your disbelief and impiety is the most inhuman and unnatural belief there is.
>Fear of death Fear of growing Fear of being alone. Fear, fear, fear.
I don't fear those things, at least not the way an atheist would.
>child
says the rebelious child who hates his father.
>No one will help but you and other humans
since you're an atheist i have no doubt that you won't help anyone. you chose the most selfish possible worldview and it carries out in everything you do.
> i make a lot of enemies irl
You have no righteous anger in you though. You won't get far.
>>
>>127475473
>do this in memory of me
I do it in his Glory, saying memory implies he is dead. As a protestant let me remind you he is Risen.
And yes it if not just a symbol, it is literally his body and blood that fills me - which is biologically accurate - where else does your life blood come from?
>>
>>127474669
I just looked up Baptist churches in my area since you said that's your church and this immediately came up: http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/austin-church-under-fire-for-lgbt-policies

I guess there's a big difference between Southern Baptists and Baptists
>>
>>127474964
>And we have to improve it .
Why? Why should one, if this all we get, improve it. That's nonsense, if is all there is then you're a fool if you don't do whatever you want.
>The holy duty of a race... For herself.
>To exist and prosper.
that is also utter nonsense. You want me to give up my one life for "the holy duty." What idiocy. Where is this holy duty? What makes it true? Why should I give a fuck about anyone besides me?
And why should I care if others "exist and prosper?" I won't, I'm screwing myself over for the sake of people who will also just live, work and die. That's a needless and pointless cycle of slef-enslavement to non-existant ideals
>>
>>127471271

Why pick a church ? just go to all of them
>>
>>127475814
>Once again, why believe Give me one good reason. One.
For me there is no other option. God's glory is at the forefront of my mind in all things. You are blind to it, you are blind to the world around you that should not exist from your own belief. Until you're humbled we'll disagree - so lets hope that when you are finally humbled it isn't on your deathbed.
>>
>>127476435
I want to join a community that will help me walk the path. Bouncing from church to church means I'd stay a perpetual stranger.
>>
>>127476175
>I do it in his Glory, saying memory implies he is dead
He said memory. Arguing against the use of memory goes against the very worf of God.
>>
File: tumblr_of5krjlDKz1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg (71KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of5krjlDKz1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg
71KB, 640x960px
>>127473675
>>127475250
actually thats not how the bible describes jesus at all the bible actually says he was meek and gentle

a lot of people who are mean themselves like to claim that jesus was a mean strong bold guy when thats not what it says , people say jesus was like this because they have no love in them so they dont understand love and project mean spirited onto jesus

jesus is nice

theres nothing wrong with being a so called "beta cuck"

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

2 Corinthians 10:1
Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Romans 12:14
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Matthew 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
>>
>>127475961
I still see beliefs.
I am an atheist so i hate my father ?
Yes, i do. My REAL father, not the toothfairy. For good reasons. Real reasons.

I think, sadly, that like all religious people, you are insane. You just cannot use logic, so you rage.
You are afraid of your whole life being a lie, so, like feminists, other toxic believers, you invent stuff. Fear again.
It is the root of christianity.
Like greed and sex for islam.
Like ambition and fear for judaism.
Not very healthy.
Well it is easy to see.
"judge a tree according to its fruits "
Well, i see rotten fruits. And a dying religion.
One less, many to go....
>>
>>127475814
>Once again, why believe ?
Why do anything? At least theists can say "because it is what God commanded us to do."
Yet you yourself say we must do things, and yet you offer no reason why we must.
>>
>>127476242
Any church who preaches acceptance for unrepentant sodomites clearly Hasn't read Romans 1 - and thus is not a church of God. There is no getting around this. There are many heretical churches, some even have women preachers which is completely ungodly. Though strangely i've never seen one do this, maybe its a city liberal church thing, either way that's a sure fire way to have a church where literally nobody is a Christian. All the believers would find a different Church where believers are present.

The umbrella of "baptist" is just conveying the general:
-no priesthood/pope
-sola scriptura
-sola gloria
-sola fide
-believer baptism
>>
All sand nigger religions are cancer.
>>
>>127476676
There is importance in having these roots. Every man should have roots. Going to a church where you know the people at all stages in life - and you all share faith - is a great experience.
>>
>>127476677
You'll have to speak more plainly, i don't understand what point you're making. I'll try to give you an honest answer.
>>
>>127476676
I'm not sure where you are, but a good Protestant church (not a mainstream mega church sorta rock concert one) would be okay. But it's truthfully about the community like you're searching for. I think a small group or smaller congregation would do good for you. Really, it's what church should be - gatherings of believers in a community like the New Testament was like.
>>
File: tumblr_ofat87ynqO1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofat87ynqO1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg
2MB, 1200x1920px
does this look like a guy who fights back against people?

he just sits there and gets crucified outright without lifting a finger

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
>>
>>127476873
>I think, sadly, that like all religious people, you are insane. You just cannot use logic, so you rage.
>You are afraid of your whole life being a lie, so, like feminists, other toxic believers, you invent stuff.
That would actually be you my friend. You put forth the claim of "the holy duty of race" as what one must do, while failing to provide a reason to. You are litteraly just like SJWs: you say this is what you must do, but give no reason why.

At least go to the logical conclusion and spout nihilism or absurdism
>>
>>127476919
Why do stuff ? Are you kidding me ?
If one is ill, why try to heal ?
If i eat crap, why change.

Not only insane, but pathetic.
Go back to a cave, naked, eating rotten meat and a few fruits.
Why change ?
>>
>>127476873
>I am an atheist so i hate my father ?
I'd imagine your life of hatred has many points of focus, not just your father.
>that like all religious people, you are insane
Think what you will, but I have my own opinion on your insanity.
>Not very healthy
we're all sinners anon, aren't you? Don't you recognize your own sin? It's what has separated you from God, your sin has blinded you, and until you humbly atone, you'll never see it.
>dying religion
maybe in France, that's so sad though. Take note of how your country and your entire society crumbles atheism (your chosen faith) takes root.

You as a frenchman have a religious future whether you want it or not, which shall it be?
>>
>>127477705
>If one is ill, why try to heal ?
Well, why? Why is sickness worse than health? Why should I live for other's good? You haven't given an answer.
>Not only insane, but pathetic.
Nice ad hom.
>Go back to a cave, naked, eating rotten meat and a few fruits.
And why is that worse than doing something else?
>Why change?
Yes, why? You have failed to provide a reason to.
>>
How do Sunday services generally go? Are they commonly in the morning or in the night?
>>
>>127477482
>I think a small group or smaller congregation would do good for you
It is best for anyone. The whole idea is that you're all Brothers, nobody stands above the church like a priest or pope. That you know everyone, that you help everyone spiritually, that you help build on each others faith, that if your preacher is sick anyone of you should be able to stand up and speak on the chosen scriptures, that you commune and have supper together, that you confess to one another, that you watch over each other as your faith and your community grows.
>>
>>127477876
Bwahahahaha.
Continue.
I am entertained.
You are a real gem.
I need moaaaar. We are 4, with time in ours hands until tomorrow daywork, and you are hilarious. Plz, moarr XD
>>
>>127478289
You didn't present a single counter argument against his statements, frog.
>>
S K L A V E N M O R A L
>>
>>127478732
There is not a single valid reason in all that.
If he gave up, can you continue.
Just wait 2 minutes. One of my friend laughed so hard he spat soda on the computer. Brb.
>>
>>127478161
It depends on your church. My church's worship is at 11AM, that's only because the group and community meetings happen at 9am which is when everyone gets there. Of course they do have an evening meal/potluck. Wednesday nights too.

Others are different. Some catholic/orthodox churches don't do community groups/bible groups - so they'll just do two masses instead sometimes in spanish or something. They'll have confessions or w/e they do on wednesday.

>generally go
Every heard a fiery sermon? Here's a Baptist sermon:

Robin Williams BTFO
https://youtu.be/t6AtATP4Uwc

Nogunz BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9oiT5qaEM

MLK BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PH4iMGbxFc

Jews BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksoYR7dVyfM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQcjmLw_Rc

Israel BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W36A6dpNrNU

Women voters BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q681SCWAj4E

Monastics BTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1EM9iZpLeI
>>
>>127478980
>If he gave up, can you continue
I have, you're the one who has still failed to give a good reason for why anyone should do what you say they should in this post
>>127474964

Hell, you couldn't even give a good reason why anyone should do anything, you just brushed it off as insanity because you can't come up with a reason why.
>>
File: chesterton.jpg (104KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
chesterton.jpg
104KB, 736x736px
Post some of your favourite Christian quotes, lads.
>>
File: 5416546524.jpg (81KB, 736x706px) Image search: [Google]
5416546524.jpg
81KB, 736x706px
>>127479442
>>
>>127479223
OK, the mirror accusation technique. Far less fun.
One reason ?
Instinct.
I want stuff, because it feels right, so i do it.
I want to be helped when weak (old, wounded, old) so i help other, thus establishing a custom, then a rule of helping each other. While not a doctor myself, i can pay taxes and do first aid.
Also, it is good being loved, and to love, so helping helps me.
The most logic man, even selfish, will be both a saint and a soldier.
See, reasons.

You, if your god doesnt say so, you do nothing ? Liar.

And i do not believe in sins. I witness winners and losers. Happiness and sadness.
So i think and i go with my best (and therefore my people) best interest. Flawless, toothfairy worshippers.
>>
File: 1483271676969.jpg (51KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1483271676969.jpg
51KB, 460x460px
>>127480227
>One reason ? Instinct.
So give up everything that is natural and good, abandon God to embrace nihilism and hedonism, because reasons? lol.
>>
>>127480227
>Instinct.
Firstly, why should one follow instinct? Instinct can lead one to rape, murder and steal, so should I do that?
>Also, it is good being loved, and to love, so helping helps me.
What is good? Why is being loved good?
>I want stuff, because it feels right, so i do it.
So if I think it feels right to murder white babies in the most brutal way possible, then that ok, because it feels right?
>I want to be helped when weak (old, wounded, old) so i help other, thus establishing a custom, then a rule of helping each other.
And why should I help you when you're weak, even if you helped me? Why shouldn't I say "sucks to be you?"
>The most logic man, even selfish, will be both a saint and a soldier.
There are tons of logical men who were niether saints nor soldiers.
>>
>>127469745
how do i find a good church in my area?
i looked and all i found were cucked protestants who signalled for diversity and lgbt acceptance, also they had female preachers(disgusting)
the only decent one was the catholic church but i have an aversion to it because of the current pope
>>
>>127481131
like how do i find my version of pastor anderson >>127479148 the baptists here are cucks
>>
>>127481131
>the only decent one was the catholic church but i have an aversion to it because of the current pope
Just go to it. The pope, while not great, isn't nearly as bad as the media makes him out (they lie and tiwst his words a lot)l and he's only temporary, he'll be gone soon.

You didn't leave Canada because DUDE WEED won, did you?
>>
>>127481131
I'm Baptist, and will say these people preaching acceptance of unrepentant sodomites are not Christians. Any church with a female in a place of power is not a Christian church. That said, you could ask your Christian neighbors where they go, or just google. Canada has a lot of Catholic churches if you're saying that's what you want.

Or were you just looking for bantz?
>>
File: tumblr_onl5mq4saF1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg (2MB, 1194x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onl5mq4saF1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg
2MB, 1194x1920px
>>127481131
>>127481273

move to america lel

most churches no matter what kind are gonna be corrupt
>>
>>127481273
Ahh ok, sounds like you need a sola scriptura Baptist church anon. Try calling the Baptist churches in your area and asking "Do you believe Sola Scriptura - that the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired work of God"?

Do you know any fellow Christians? If not, you'll just have to shop around, listen to a sermon or five until you find your home.
>>
>>127481273
Don't choose a church based on it's pastor, rather read and understand the bible and Christian thought and then find thst Church which extols the Truths of the bible.
>>
a lot of people are just blue pilled they understand the bible but they dont touch end times and they dont know any worldly conspiracy theories

but it all goes together
>>
>>127482016
>sola scriptura
But why, that's a self defeating belief. 2 Thessalonians 2:15 clearly says "So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter" which clearly contradicts the "only the bible and nothing else" of sola scriptura.
Why would you recomend anon go to a church which believes something so plainly false?
>>
>>127480931
You are giving me the exact same answers that i get irl from inbred mudslimes i decide to humiliate.
But, you can do that alone.
In a way, i am an idiot, i always think that what looks like a human, is my equal or that i can make them think by themselves.
But genetics always have the last word, dont they ?
Make an IQ and EQ tests, and ask for a schyzo diag from a doc.
Big surprises for you i expect.
Bad ones.
Take care, and try no fucking your daughter, even if it is written in the torah.. It will lower the above evoked scores for your children.
See, once more. Reasons.
Point is, you use words without knowing what they mean.... In your native language....
>>
>>127474964
You have a distorted view of religious people (in general) if you believe they all want to believe in a God, because they fear death, hell, etc. Some people genuinely believe that there's a creator for everything, and some would even point to the parallels of humans developing technology that can teach itself, or just the fact that we can create things and manipulate our environments.

To respond to your reasoning for people believing in God, you need to acknowledge that there are various sects within Christianity. The reason why this is relevant is because in some sects of Christianity, hell is seen as a place where people are under the eternal presence of God whilst rejecting him. This would make the reasoning behind fear non-applicable to everyone whom is religious, although I wouldn't doubt that some religious people do truly fear death. For people whom fear death, if they believe they will live eternally, I would argue that it's a bit contradicting to claim people fear death, whilst not caring if they pass away. Many see death as a continuation of our being, which seems rather counter-intuitive to suggest this is because of fear, as even non-religious people say that religion is just a way to get people comfortable about death. "Comfortably fearful" would not make sense.
>>
former Calvinist here

AMA
>>
>>127482611
>it all goes together
That it does anon.
>>
>>127482651
I can read the works of the saints and martin luther, and it does help as a supplement. If their words are biblical and inspired that will be apparent.

>Why would you recomend anon go to a church which believes something so plainly false?
Are you implying the Bible is errant? I'm not here to attack Catholics anon. You'll notice i haven't, I've even recommended the catholic church to a few people if that's what they know.
>>
>>127482762
I cannot tell if you are simply trolling, or genuinely believe your condescending and arrogant response is valid, but if anything, you humiliate yourself when you take the initiative to argue against something you do not believe in. You obviously have something that serves as a motive for you continuing to play around with the though of organized religion or theism.

Also, being an atheist, or anti-theist for that matter, does not make you an intellectual.
>In a way, i am an idiot, i always think that what looks like a human, is my equal or that i can make them think by themselves.
But genetics always have the last word, dont they ?

Apparently people cannot think for themselves whilst following a religion/ belief system? Let me use your own notion of religion, if God doesn't exist, and a person whom was born into a non-religious household converts to religion, how would this count as the person not thinking for themselves? There isn't any exterior influencer that forces the individual to convert.

Btw, your spelling & grammar is annoying.
>>
>>127482762
>You are giving me the exact same answers that i get irl from inbred mudslimes i decide to humiliate.
>But, you can do that alone.
Not an argument. Why should I follow instinct? Give me a reason.
>In a way, i am an idiot, i always think that what looks like a human, is my equal or that i can make them think by themselves.
You have to think before you can help others do so. You have yet to explain why I should do what you say, or why something "feeling right" means I should do it. Once again, if it feels right for someone to murder babies, does that mean they should do it? Yes or no, and why?
>But genetics always have the last word, dont they ?
No, not always. Nature vs nurture is still a huge debate in science.
>Make an IQ and EQ tests, and ask for a schyzo diag from a doc.
>Big surprises for you i expect.
>Bad ones.
Had those done before for various jobs. 136 IQ, not a schizo. EQ is a meme.
>See, once more. Reasons.
>Point is, you use words without knowing what they mean.... In your native language....
What words? The only issue here is that you're claiming I should do something but not explaining why.
>>
>>127482762
>You are giving me the exact same answers that i get irl from inbred mudslimes i decide to humiliate.
If there is anything Christians and muslims can agree on (very little indeed) it's that atheists like you are cancer that should be removed.
>i always think that what looks like a human, is my equal
You're a believer in Egalitarianism? You're more foolish than i thought.
>But genetics, IQ, EQ
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but if you deny the Light in one of us, you deny the Light in ALL of us. Typical atheist logic once again.
>>
>>127469745
Anyone who happens to know where/how to find tridentine mass churches in the Netherlands? I heard there is one in Leiden and Tilburg but i'm looking for one in either Rotterdam or Utrecht.
>>
pastor stephen anderson is wrong on the rapture being after the tribulation

hes wrong on the earth being a sphere

and hes against giving money to poor people he thinks theyre lazy i dont like that attitude

im not sure if jesus would have us actually implement death penalty for homos in 2017 because i know i would be dead already for cursing my parents i would have been stoned a long time ago

otherwise hes good on salvation and thats all that really matters

not my favorite preacher anymore but nonetheless still decent for learning some stuff
>>
>>127483466
>I'm not here to attack Catholics anon. You'll notice i haven't, I've even recommended the catholic church to a few people if that's what they know.
Don't worry, not accusing you of attacking us, you've kept a respectful and kind tone the entire thread. I'm just asking why belive sola scriptura? I'm honestly interested in how those who belive it respond to thessalonians.
>>
>>127483920
>flat earth
>rapture bs
This is why i left
>>
>>127483848
Here you go anon:
http://latinmassdir.org/location/st-jacobus-kirke-hague/
>>
>>127482822
What do you believe now?
>>
>>127484306
I am still searching for the truth
>>
>>127484269
Thanks I'll look into it. I read today that Pius X is probably going to buy the beautifull st. Willibrord church in Utrecht to turn it into a fully functioning catholic church again. Do you happen to know if they already have mass there?
>>
>>127484512
Anything your leaning to?
And what made you leave calvinism
>>
>>127484554
>Do you happen to know if they already have mass there?
Afraid I don't know. But I'd saty away from Pius X for the time being, they look like they'll return to full communion soon, so with them Imwould just wait till thst happens
>>
>>127482822
>>127484192
Atheists burn in hell anon, I hope you forgive your dad, sort yourself out, and accept Christ.
>this is why i left
why because of a man or a few men and their opinions? you forsake God because of an idiot you met that one time?
>>
>>127484598
It made no sense to me how God can be loving but there is no free will since muh double predestination. Second is how inconsistent my pastor and church members were. They believe works don't save and that God chooses who to save yet also say that one can choose and have free will and that works and doing good is important and must be done.

The concert worship was also another reason why I left. Too chaotic. Too clubby. If I wanted to get high on music I'd go clubbing instead
>>
>>127483934
>why belive sola scriptura
Because the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired word of God. Many can speak about it, extol on its passages, explain it how they like, preach it in their own way just like my pastor does......

But the second you start disbelieving it, doing piecemeal, give and take, cherry picking, and disbelief you have stayed anon. Your justification of "word of mouth" - if taken literally - would deny a pastor the right to sermonize a passage wouldn't it? That is not the intent or in any way desirable.

Amending the Bible is a whole nother story, when you start adding books and passages and saying we must amend and make it more perfect since it isn't perfect, that's how you end up with Vatican II and the like.
>>
>>127484774
I never said I was atheist. I am fed up with inconsistencies and shallow theology. When I took religious studies in school, I was shocked by how much deeper and more sensible the theologies of other religions were compared to the calvinism I was taught in Sunday school
>>
>>127485202
>The concert worship was also another reason why I left.
Mega-Churches? Think, how can you be a church of God when you have a $700,000 lighting system? Your personal faith and worship is what matters, I hope you find it again.
>no free will
You have free will anon. You yourself are made in his image and can choose your path.
>people i knew were unchristian
How does that make God not exist?
>>
File: tumblr_ob30rvLYMz1ri77xpo2_1280.jpg (358KB, 750x1150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob30rvLYMz1ri77xpo2_1280.jpg
358KB, 750x1150px
>>127485202
youre saved by faith alone

but the bible advocates works so you can do the right thing and get rewarded in heaven

its not a contradiction to believe in faith alone and still try to be a good person

god hates a lot of wicked normies you dont have to think its not loving because he doesnt choose everyone
>>
>>127485202
I see. May I ask what denominations, if any, you're considering now?
>>127485282
>Because the Bible is the inerrant, infallible, and inspired word of God.
Yes, but that's not something that is a tenent of sola scriptura
>Many can speak about it, extol on its passages, explain it how they like, preach it in their own way just like my pastor does......
Doesn't that seem like a bad idea to you? If anyone can interpret it, then if you disagree on the meaning you can just leave and start your own church. And if we can all interpret in our own way, then how do we know who's right? Many denominations make very different claims, it being open to interpretation by all makes it very hard to know who's right.
>But the second you start disbelieving it, doing piecemeal, give and take, cherry picking, and disbelief you have stayed anon.
Are you sure you understand sola scriptura? It's not about believing the bible is infallible, it's about believing that the bible, and only the bible, is the slurce of truth. That tradition isn't allowed.
>Your justification of "word of mouth" - if taken literally - would deny a pastor the right to sermonize a passage wouldn't it?
No. How do you figure that?
>>
>>127485887
>youre saved by faith alone
That's not true.
Matthew 21:28-31: "‘But what do you think? A certain man had two sons, and he came to the first and said: "Son, go work today in my vineyard." He answered: "I will not," but afterwards he repented and went. So he came to the second and said likewise, and he answered and said: "I go, sir," but did not go. Which of the two has done the will of his father?’ They said to him: ‘The first.’ Jesus said to them: ‘Verily, I say to you: The publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.’"
Matthew 7:21:"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."
>>
>>127485462
>not an atheist
well what are you then? an agnostic - or some other iteration of a prideful arrogant man without principle and conviction?
>inconsistencies and shallow theology
It sounds like you've never really learned the Bible and have no real understanding of Christianity. Perhaps give an example of what you mean scripturally.
>religious study at a Liberal Jewish school
I've had those same classes, and there is no other faith with the depth and truth.
>>
>>127485836
It ain't just mega churches that do concert worship. That is practically what Evangelicals and also a lot of Baptists do.

>>127485887
It is a contradiction to tell me works don't matter in my salvation but I have to do them. That is a contradiction. It is also pretty inconsistent to say you must do good works for "bonus" rewards which doesn't really matter when you are saved

And it is meaningless to call God loving when he moves persons as puppets
>>
File: tumblr_ofc4w68MtS1vg9hhvo5_400.png (129KB, 268x365px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofc4w68MtS1vg9hhvo5_400.png
129KB, 268x365px
>>127486014
actually it is about believing the bible is infallible

otherwise you think god messed up

>And if we can all interpret in our own way, then how do we know who's right?

you have to be right on salvation and jesus being the son of god and stuff

you dont have to be right on everything to be saved

>>127486227
>but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

jesus defines the will of the father

John 6:40
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
>>
>>127486014
Probably stuck between Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic and Orthodox

>>127486246
The Bible was a boring shallow book in my Sunday school discussions and classes. It was only when I entered the world of biblical studies as means to find out the truth that I was able to actually appreciate it better and see its complexities and themes. I never got that in my old Baptist church

Also, religious studies is an optional thing here. I took it and when I looked at other religions, I was shocked by how their own theologies are more deeper and spiritual compared to what I had
>>
>>127486520
>actually it is about believing the bible is infallible
False dichotomy. You can believe the bible and tradition are both infallible, beliving in one does not prevent belief in the other.
>you have to be right on salvation and jesus being the son of god and stuff
But there are different interpretations of even that? What about the gnostics or the aryans? How does one know there interpretation is wrong?
>jesus defines the will of the father
yep, Matthew 5:48: "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Matthew 7:24-27:"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash"
Luke 10:25-28: "On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher,' he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?' 'What is written in the Law?' he replied. 'How do you read it?' He answered: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 'You have answered correctly,' Jesus replied. 'Do this and you will live.'"
Jesus is very clear about need works and faith to be saved, not just one or the other.
>>
File: tumblr_oezewntUCK1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg (667KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oezewntUCK1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg
667KB, 1280x1920px
>>127486342
>but I have to do them

nobody should be teaching you HAVE to do them only that you should do them

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

>you must do good works for "bonus" rewards which doesn't really matter when you are saved

thats what the bible teaches bonus rewards for good works

it will matter when we get to heaven and see

>And it is meaningless to call God loving when he moves persons as puppets

idk about all that but he definitely predestines certain people to be saved the bible says

which is fine because he choosen certain people based on not being a evil person and wanting the truth
>>
>>127486798
>Probably stuck between Lutheran, Anglican, Catholic and Orthodox
But lutherans also believe in sola fide? Frankly anon, you're sounding like a Catholic or Orthodox, where you fall depending upon you position on leadership of the Church
>>
>>127469745
STOP BELIEVING IN A JEWISH RELIGION WITH THREE GODS

JESUS WAS A JEW, How do you defend this?
>>
>>127487148
My pastor said I must do them. In fact since I don't need to do them, who cares since I would be saved anyways. Even Paul said that men are judged by their actions and potray salvation in motiffs that are more progressive in nature rather than a single event.

God predestining people as Calvinists define it means there is no free will and no meaningful incentive to say God is loving
>>
File: tumblr_ofc4w68MtS1vg9hhvo3_400.png (165KB, 268x365px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofc4w68MtS1vg9hhvo3_400.png
165KB, 268x365px
>>127487088
if they have a different interpretation on faith alone and jesus is the christ and the son of god who raised from the dead

then they arent saved

when people talk about predestination or when the rapture happens or stuff like that it doesnt matter what people think

youre allowed to be wrong

jesus isnt teaching the law saves you there lol that guy probably already believed in jesus he called him master

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
>>
>>127486014
>that's not something that is a tenent of sola scriptura
it's not unique to Protestantism. The catholic church believes it is inerrant when you push them into a corner. Even reading it yourself you may miss something or think wrongly of something, thus any interpretation is subject to being fallible, whether your own or your pastor/preacher/priest/pope. However, the idea that a priest/pope has some special insight is what you are getting at - which after Vatican II - i don't see how you still believe that.
>then if you disagree on the meaning you can just leave and start your own church
Even within the huge spectrum of the Protestant church, most are pretty close to the same. Your outlyers are seizing upon some small passage - like the Pentecostal and their snakes like mentioned in Matthew, you'll find disagreements on methods of Baptism infant or believer.

And I won't level my arsenal of Catholic attacks on you, because i don't want 'that' kind of thread. I'm just pointing out that we're generally speaking still on the same dart board.

When you start writing whole new books like the mormons and jehovah witness, you've left the ball park in my opinion... and when you've placed too much emphasis on objects, shrines, and relics you've ventured into the world of idolatry.
>That tradition isn't allowed
I don't think you understand it either then, I know most Catholics have no real understanding of what Baptists or most protestants believe, or rather they've been force fed a skewed version of it, but I take my communion just like you, i confess just like you, i pray just like you (except i don't pray to mary or saints), and i have church elders just like you (except they don't have to approve my salvation).
>how do you figure that?
You seem to be saying an interpretation of any kind is wrong.
>>
>>127487279
Lutherans are Sola Fide but at least they got it right by saying that one is not justified only once. Plus there are themes in Luther's own theology that appeal to me. But for now I won't make any leap until I come to a conclusion on my own studies on the bible, Church history and theology
>>
File: tumblr_ofjxhvzkIR1t4mby8o1_500.jpg (55KB, 450x645px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofjxhvzkIR1t4mby8o1_500.jpg
55KB, 450x645px
>>127487545
well ur pastor is wrong

you could be a lazy christian and not do anything the bible teaches

>there is no free will

nahhh god doesnt cause child rapists to do their business

its just predestined to be saved
>>
>>127487605
>if they have a different interpretation on faith alone and jesus is the christ and the son of god who raised from the dead
>then they arent saved
But how do you know that they're the ones not saved? How do you know you aren't wrong?
>jesus isnt teaching the law saves you there lol that guy probably already believed in jesus he called him master
Certainly not, but works of the law doesn't mean what you think it means. When Saint Paul speaks of the “works of the law,” he refers to what we know as the six hundred and thirteen precepts of the Torah, such as Jewish prohibitions against eating pork, the mandate of circumcision, and the observance of Passover. He's talking about following jewish customs, not doing good works.
>Galatians 2:16
>Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
>using paul to argue against the words of Christ
If we want to use epistles, then James chapter 2 BTFO's sola fide.
>>
>>127470542
Fake and gay
>>
>>127486342
>concert worship
singing a song doesn't make or break a church anon. Personally i like anything in the Baptist Hymnal, but that's just me. Some churches do that, I'd suggest finding another.

However, if your pastors sermon isn't 30 minutes of that service you're going to the wrong church. I've visitied some Catholic churches where they barely even have a sermon.

But you aren't being entirely truthful, exactly how does that make you disbelieve God? How does a mans actions make God and this miracle of a world not God's work?
>>127486798
>Bible was a boring shallow book
nice troll, this is how i know you've actually never read it. It's objectively the single greatest work of literature ever. The koran is a sad knockoff, and your own personal talmud of whatever jew book your believe is ungodly and speaks of only blasphemy and warmongering.
>my old Baptist church
don't you mean your old Calvanist church? >>127482822
Pretty sad troll there kid.
>>
>>127487936
Antinomianism is ok so long as you are safe it seems. Luther can say no because his justification is seen as a lifelong process of repentance and getting closer to God

In calvinist theology...God does cause child rapists to rape children. Here's why, God chooses before the foundation of the world. That means that whatever that will happen in the world God would create would be such that it will conform to his plan and it isn't because of foreseen free choice but by intentionally willing the causes that will lead to his end. If that includes child rapists, he will make them rape. If that includes making someone have faith but he is still going to hell, he does it. All intentionally not haphazardly or accidentally
>>
>>127484771
Then whats the deal with them? I thought I read they had been pretty much recognized by the pope since a while.
>>
File: tumblr_ofhv8w7fMP1s2yc47o5_1280.jpg (385KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofhv8w7fMP1s2yc47o5_1280.jpg
385KB, 683x1024px
>>127488066
>How do you know you aren't wrong?

i know im not wrong because john 3:16

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

>James chapter 2

not talking about salvation

having a dead faith is still enough to save you

1 Corinthians 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

>>127488590
well thats ur opinion to say god condones child rape

its not true

calvinism can suck a ballsack however theyre right on god choosing people and once saved always saved
>>
>>127488710
They don't recognize the holy see's authority.
They're very close to rejoining, but they are still denied a few things that groups in full communion have.
>>
File: 251365241624320.jpg (38KB, 1108x1080px) Image search: [Google]
251365241624320.jpg
38KB, 1108x1080px
>>127487403
Jesus was an israelite. And had little in common with the jews of the day, and is the polar opposite of the Jews that exist today (like you).
>>
>>127469745
Glad you're still on church today for my.
bump
>>
>>127469745
Believing the miracles makes it tough to swallow
>>
>>127469745
Pastor preached on removing bitterness you have towards others and learning to love despite what they've done to you. I chose to forgive pagan larpers for trying to destroy Western culture.
>>
>>127471271
Find an IFB church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlmTJaADXE
>>
>>127488529
Worship matters and if worship is simply going to be a rock concert then I am sorry, it is probably sacrilegious in nature. I mean hey, Zwlingli said no music am I right?

And secondly, I am not even atheist. Read my posts and you will not see any part where I said I turned Dawkins. Heck some of the theologians I respect and read are Protestant. Like Mcgarth and Donald Fairbairn. Both are Reformed but I still respect and can agree with the works they publish.

Secondly, who are you to mock my experience as lies when I had to live through it for years. I heard enough to know that what I was taught is shallow in nature and that created a dull and shallow bible. It was only outside that I got resources that made me see how misguided my perception was but what I got is also different from what I was taught. If my experience triggers you so much then I am sorry if you had to feel that way but I am going to share my experience whether you like it or not
>>
File: tumblr_ofcsn4yT6t1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg (207KB, 608x912px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofcsn4yT6t1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg
207KB, 608x912px
oh ya pastor anderson is blue pilled on all races being the same lol

forgot about that
>>
>>127488873
>OSAS
>predestination
>calvinist suck ballsack
Inconsistent there kiddo
>>
>>127469745

Dear non-LARPing christians, I'm agnostic, part-time blasphemer, because let's be honest: edgy music is great, and every once in a while, I think about becoming christian but restrain, because seeing what it does with the West - making all its male adherents utterly weak - turns me off immediately.

What's your point of why I should become christian ? Note that kneeling before a "kike on a stick" is, of course, another factor.
>>
>>127489662
Because the secular way is essentially meaningless and shallow, kinda like Evangelicals and their approach to god
>>
>>127489067
>I chose to forgive pagan larpers for trying to destroy Western culture.
lol. Well forgiveness is what Christ has given us, so it is Christlike to do as we can to forgive those who have offended us.
>>
>>127469745
Church is retarded. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>127489010
Keep the faith brother
https://youtu.be/pr1CAXqzeWA
>>
>>127489051
Everything hitting your eyeballs is a miracle anon.
>>
>>127489789
Pastor david Lankford the voice of evangelism man of god
>>
>>127489480
>it is probably sacrilegious in nature
You're a self-professed reprobate who identifies as an atheist... why should i care about your opinion on spiritual matters?

Be gone troll. Thanks for the bump though.
>>
File: tumblr_obc7v0TGAc1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg (227KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obc7v0TGAc1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg
227KB, 600x900px
>>127489662
because you go to heaven for accepting christ as your savior

being meek is a good quality god doesnt care how tough and strong you are thats your own ego

jesus being biologically jewish has nothing to do with who he was its a red herring to say kike like he would be attending jewish synagogues in 2017

when thats not at all the case theyre all going to hell
>>
>>127489572
He doesn't say all races are the same. To deny the light in one of us is to deny the light in all of us anon. How can you hate a Christian?
>>
>>127490544
>triggered
>>
>>127489662
Step 1: Draw a disconnect between some bad parts of Christian culture and actual Christian doctrine. The Bible teaches the effeminate shall not inherent the kingdom of God.
Step 2: Pray to Jesus and read the Bible
>>
>>127489789

But why would it be exactly this faith ? I mean I'd have to lie to say I know about christian history perfectly well etc., but it seems to resemble something like a subverting mechanism. I mean not that christians didn't massively contribute to European culture. Of course they did. But as of the last ... i don't know ... say 100 years, it has been utilized into subverting people like
>aye we all one an shiet
>ayo we wuz jesuz an shiet
among othe things like plain notion of "being married to the church which is christ" etc..

I mean I'm pretty sure it's possible to forge something like a "European Christian Faith", but it seems oh so hard. But I didn't want to derail the discussion.

Back to your answer:

I mean I understand the point, that secularism absolutely contributed in the downfall of society, but somehow I can't get rid of the thought that it is christianity itself that kinda demands secularism ("[...]give the king what's his[...]") if you know what I mean.

In addition to that, I have a problem with the simple fact of the statement how the bible is "truly god's word" while it's obvious that it has been altered, prolly falsified etc., throughout the centuries. So apart from one or the other advice, I find it hard to take it at face value at all. Especially since it's also a faith foreign to us (Europeans), which wouldn't be a problem if it was truly right .. but then again what I said before.
>>
File: tumblr_ofc9maxHcZ1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg (399KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofc9maxHcZ1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg
399KB, 960x1280px
>>127490671
i dont hate him i still watch him sometimes i just disagree with him on a few things

but he does teach that all races are the same and theres no iq difference and the typical politically correct denying races
to be politically correct

i cant believe i just found this by trying to find it in 5 seconds

https://youtu.be/PRCVeqvZKt4?t=42m11s
>>
>>127489662
>edgy music is great
It is.
>every once in a while, I think about becoming christian
Why is that? Is it you briefly recognizing your sin, do you briefly become unblinded to the glory of this world we live in, or do you just sometimes ponder how this could all ever exist otherwise?
>making all its male adherents utterly weak
Atheists are the ones doing that anon. Just wait until you have a strong faith - your anger will turn into righteous anger at who you once were.
>>
>>127469745

>Want to feast for St Paul
>Missed his conversion feast in January
>Get another chance at the end of June
>remember it's the solemnity he shares with that gentile hating Peter

Thank God for Paul's conversion, because if the word of Christ was left to Peter, Christianity would be an unpopular Jewish denomination with 10k followers
>>
>>127490579

Well if you read for example Carl Jung, you'll see that he proposes something like a "germanic" (or völkisch) soul which is inherent to our blood so to speak. That is obviously also true for other ethnicities.
When you consider this, the foreign-seeming faith christianity ultimately looks like what I've described in my other post: >>127490896

But then again, I'm no expert neither historically nor in spiritual ways ("""spiritual expert""" heh) so judging is a huge thing in and of itself.

Also I sure agree that Jesus "jewishness" would be absolutely different from what we have today. But after all, if we take Jung serious (though with a grain of salt) a israelites are israelites, just as Europeans are Europeans.
>>
>>127490896
Why Christianity? I cannot tell you why that is for you to decide. However I think that you need to have a sense of wonder and to know rather than to simply just live a shallow life in today's society which doesn't really cultivate and make one aware of this sense to begin with. One thing to remember about Christianity is that it isn't some Aryan only religion. It is multicultural in nature. That is why if you go to Ethiopia for instance you would find a Christianity that feels different from the one you have here. If rejecting Christianity because it isn't "german" enough is your reason for rejection, you probably won't like it to begin with since it does not claim to be the white man's religion
>>
>>127490896
>But why would it be exactly this faith
Sounds like you need to solve the argument of "Is there a God" first before you continue further. Why does anything even exist anon?
>christianity itself that kinda demands secularism ("[...]give the king what's his[...]") if you know what I mean.
Do you mean render unto Caesar which is Caesars? That isn't necessarily secularism. Laws and Authority are absolutely Biblical, whereas Justice is a virtue, because if not then Wrath is everyones.

Can you name one good thing that ever came from Secularism?
>>
I love the tradition of Christianity, I believe in a God but desu im not convinced on christianity yet, I was born Catholic and I'm an agnostic, rarely go to Church unless it is for a family occasion, is there really any truth to it or nah?
>>
>>127491456
>interracial marriage
are you saying it's a sin? It's natural to want to live amongst your culture and your brothers. Someone who does this generally has rejected everything about their own race, culture, and parentage though - which is sinful.
>>
>>127492154
>"Is there a God"
That's like asking if your house is haunted. It isn't.

>Can you name one good thing that ever came from Secularism?
A society that doesn't kill people over bullshit religious opinions?
>>
File: tumblr_offrtfaNrF1s2yc47o8_1280.jpg (611KB, 1280x1739px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_offrtfaNrF1s2yc47o8_1280.jpg
611KB, 1280x1739px
>>127492346
no its not a sin to have interracial marriage thats not what im saying you can marry whoever you want

im saying you can find blips in his sermons where he talks about all races being the same and theres one race the human race and says theyre just as smart as whites

which is basically an untrue teaching
>>
>>127492269

Go to church and find out.
>>
>>127491519

>Why is that? Is it you briefly recognizing your sin, do you briefly become unblinded to the glory of this world we live in, or do you just sometimes ponder how this could all ever exist otherwise?
I'll be honest with you: I don't care about sins. I'm pretty sure that no matter what'd happen, if the bible would be true and god had a plan, it wouldn't matter anyway - such as praying. Why I think about becoming christian is because
1. I'd sure admire a "spiritual cause" if you will, because after all we're social but also spiritual beings, because we're so intelligent as a species. And having something "higher higher", beyond kin and people, is definitely something which isn't inherently wrong.

2. I see christianity (even though maybe something like a reforged or "exclusively European" type christianity) as a unification factor for European people as a whole. For 2 reasons. Firstly, to rise against threats. Secondly, because I think we're all brothers in Europe and we had enough killing our own throughout the centuries.
Though don't get me wrong, I'm not all about egalitarianism. But every European people have its place in Europe.

>>127492012

I'm sorry. I'm aware that question was quite retarded. Your answer is great anyway, thank you
>>
>>127491749
No doubt, Paul spread the word across the world.
>>127492269
There are two ways to Christ. The easy way (faith) and the hard way (becoming meek). Atheists never humble themselves, it's just not in their nature as a man of absolute arogance. Until your life has crumbled you'll never bow the knee. I sure hope you get your calling in some other way.
>>
>>127492642
You sound like a typical 15yo fedora
>>>/global/rules/2
>>
>>127492750
He delves into the political from the pulpit occassionally, but only when there is a strong biblical passage to back him up. He's not going to give a sermon on 1488 or something if you think that's biblical you're a moron. If you livethe life of Christ you will bear fruit. Are these problems you dwell on the fault of others seeking to take advantage of your fabulous welfare and immigration laws? or is it the fault of whites who've abandoned God and who's women have decided to mimic Babylon? If white people had babies none of this would matter would it? Most of America is german because pious germany in the 19th century made that happen.
>>
>>127492154

Well I'm working in the field of theoretical physics. So I found that the universe is extraordinarily finetuned. In a way that if you changed the natural constants 10 positions after the comma, the unverse would collapse or be torn apart. So I actually do think there was a creation force. I'm just not sure about mere religious aspects. Why not honor nature - without the LARP-y bullshit - and accepting natural law ?

I'm aware that thise whole sibject is actually nothing for a vietnamese blanket knitting board but it's though interesting to hear some opinions.

On another note: I was actually on the verge of becoming orthodox. Started to go to service and all that, startet to learn an adults-suited catechism etc.. But somehow I was drawn away. Christians - not necessarily the priest, he's a great man - were fake and weak. They would preach water and drink wine, and they would never stand up against the unjust or threats.
After all I'm pretty sure that it's my ego that's drawn me away. But "if I really have to kneel before someone and among others" I'd rather bow to and with good people, rather than fake motherfuckers pretending to having your back while stabbing you, in lack of a better comparison
>>
>>127492788
>I'd sure admire a "spiritual cause" if you will,
Righteous anger is potent anon, i don't think you could even handle it honestly. Best stick to your atheistic anger.
>And having something "higher higher", beyond kin and people, is definitely something which isn't inherently wrong
Well then it's back to my original statement, you need to decide the 1st question of "is there a God". Where did all of this originate? Why does this XYZt space exist, matter, subatomic particles, energy, any of this - through the unlikelyhood of our proteins and dna coming together. The atheistic answer is big bang theory stops short of explaining anything and explaining life through abiogenesis makes any learned man cringe, it is just wholly unsubstantiated. If you are waiting around for God to cry out from the heavens, it'll be too late though. There are miracles everywhere you look to notice them, you just explain them away while taking for granted the fabric on which they happen.
>>
File: tumblr_on3d77Tqaw1ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg (90KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on3d77Tqaw1ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg
90KB, 1080x720px
>>127493374
im not saying neo nazism is biblical but its still good to teach the reality of the races since its real

hes politically correct on the subject thats all

i dont particularly support mass immigration cuz it lowers the wages of poor people in this country
>>
Anyone, Catholic or Orthodox, know if there is a feast day for the OT prophets? Technically they aren't cannonized so I don't think so, but I'm curious if they have a remembrance or anything like that. Specifically for Isaiah and Jeremiah
>>
>>127469745
I'm gonna commit suicide

Why is there no option for soul destruction?

Just fucking delete me. I don't wanna exist
>>
>>127493975

in addition to >>127493735

I did read Lewis' "Mere Christianity" and also Collins' "The Language of God". And as I stated, because of my own studies and because of what I read so far, I absolutely do believe there's a creational force.
I mean let's be honest, for a scientist neither "god did it" nor "lel big bang an shiet" is sufficiently good as answer. But the very fact that according to biblical notions, it would be 100% impossible to prove the existence of god through worldy, scientific means.
So there's that.

It's - in danger of repeatig myself - the mere religious details that I'm not sure about. Especially since christianity is far from being the only realigion with a creational god and all those things.

I just don't know.
>>
>>127493735
>So I found that the universe is extraordinarily finetuned
I hold a STEM degree as well. It honestly helps my faith to see how "well tuned" everything is - when there should only be a formless void of nothingness where i'm sitting.
>mere religious aspects
dogma? well ok, lets assume God is literally real, and God literally loves you - wouldn't he make his law and his word known? I think if atheists won and killed every beleiver and destroyed every Bible, that eventually God would make his word known and repeat the entire thing.
>why not honor nature
Is morality and sin not derived from God? If we follow nature and have some sort of primate heirarchy of alpha male with a troop of his females and offspring - how does that create civilization? Is murder not natural? Or is it denying the rights of personhood from a soul just like your own? Natural law is sinful as you should know (even denying the idea of sin as you mentioned before). I think you know your sin pretty well, like Sherlock Holmes knew Moriarty - or do you really have no conscious and no soul?
>I'm aware that thise whole sibject is actually nothing for a vietnamese blanket knitting board
I'm nobody, just another nobody on a nobody forum, i'm totally not a real person.
>orthodox
https://youtu.be/NgriVVhCM3c
>But somehow I was drawn away
Sin and temptation are powerful aren't they? Any man who doesn't live by a code of rules (whether biblical of societal) will have no success in this life.
>Christians - not necessarily the priest, he's a great man - were fake and weak
Men are weak, i'm weak, i'm a sinner, don't take my word for it. This doesn't make God not exist or not make this world of his not real.
>After all I'm pretty sure that it's my ego that's drawn me away
That is the core of the atheist. The ego, the arrogance, their impiety and pride. Without that, and without their self-deification, their self-worship of their own (((intelligence))) they'd have nothing.
>>
>>127494457
I know your atheist friends would be so disappointed in you if you did this, but why not lay your burden at the Throne of Christ?
>>
>>127495393

Guess you're right. I really need to sit back and contemplate again.

Otherwise free bump
>>
>>127495039
So much of the Bible fits in the grooves of current scientific knowledge to the bewilderment of most atheists. Having had more science education than most in this discussion, I must say that i've been in your shoes before too, i wasn't always a believer, I was an atheist for longer than i'll admit.

regarding 'dogma', this God who spoke to Abraham - these stories were from as long ago as 10,000BC-8,000BC by some estimates and were handed down verbally. Yet, there are so many specifics in Genesis that really seems prophetical to me, though it can be vague at times, but has the truth i seek if you know where you look for it. In comparison to other Abrahamic faiths, you give the others too much credit. Judaism is just a rejection of the God of Abraham and all their followers are literally atheists who identify as haters of Jesus Christ. Islam and the Koran are clearly plagiarism, by 800AD the New Testament and the Christian church had grown unfettered - the jews in arab lands who had already rejected it found a warlords and copied some old testament phrases.

If you hang up is on dogma, then what you are waiting for is your calling i guess. Maybe try unironically praying??
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1020x765px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1020x765px
>>127469745

>American Churches

pic related is my local church.
>>
>>127497905
protestant churches are purposefully humble. you won't find any cushioned knee pads and pews either.
>>
>>127498033

Pic I posted is a Protestant Church.

Don't confuse Puritanism with Protestantism.
>>
>>127497282

I'm going to ... retry that I guess. I once did but after some days - and I'm not goina lie, the first few 2-3 days felt great when and after praying (in the mornings and evenings and once every while reciting the jesus prayer) - it just became something like "mindless recitement". Because I guess when the initial excitement vanished, there wasn't much left in the end. (note: I did the praying for ~2 months without break)

But you're absolutely right, what's missing is the "calling", or I'd rather say the "inner conviction", that might make me a true believer in the end. And I sure don't want to enforce it, because this never works except from brainwashing. But that's not what I desire.
>>
>>127494457
Become a monk instead, then go to heaven.
>>
>>127498268
Truth is what we all seek or rather the Peace of God which transcends all understanding, the kind that comes with unshakable faith. You'll find it if you seek it, and it meshes sooo so well with a solid science education. At this point, considering you've at least removed your fedora, it might help to attend a service, talk with a Christian who won't make you cringe, or at least watch a few sermons based on faith (i like pastor anderson), i don't have any handy from your Orthodox faith or whatever you are drawn to. Remember everyones calling and path is different, just thinking about the unlikelyhood of my own path is hard enough to believe happened.
>>
Today was first Sunday for 8 years when I didn't went to church
>>
>>127498137
aren't you pretty much catholics though, you just reject Rome's pope for your own pope?
>>
>>127499246

We don't have a pope you retard. We're Anglicans. The English Monarch holds the title "Defender of the Faith". But they are not a religious figure beyond their duty to preserve the Church of England. They're not in contact with God like the pope is supposed to be.

Popery is considered terrible in the UK.
>>
>>127499646
>we're anglicans
you have a pope that's not a pope though?
>Popery is considered terrible in the UK.
well that's why i say he's a pope, same dynamic, same powers, they just don't call him a pope.... but he's the anglican pope and you're papist by practice not name.
>>
>>127500083

They do not have the same powers you idiot. And nearly all Anglican churches in the US are in contact with Canterbury. Don't talk about what you don't know.
>>
File: abc.jpg (739KB, 996x3150px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
739KB, 996x3150px
Here
Figured you guys would like it
>>
>>127500438
>nearly all Anglican churches in the US are in contact with Canterbury
This is literally the same dynamic and power structure of Rome, it's just you wanted to recreate it for england at the center.

So i was right?
>>
>>127500587

No it isn't you fucking retard. There is no papal supremacy in the Church of England. Bishops have to vote on changes to religious doctrine, the Archbishop of Canterbury can't make changes unless the Bishops vote in favour. How is that at all similar to the Pope?

Answer me that.

>This is literally the same dynamic and power structure of Rome

No it isn't. At all.

> it's just you wanted to recreate it for england at the center.

>Bunch of English protestants move to the US in 1600's and want to keep in contact with the church
>this is somehow similar to the Vatican

Are you a retard?
>>
>>127501029
>archbishop of Canterbury/Bishops
So like Rome, but with a Brit Parliamentary voting system?
>>
>>127501251

That makes it nothing like Rome at all. Are you being purposefully retarded?
>>
>>127501509
I'm just drawing a comparison that is clear to the outside non-papist observer. That's all m8, i'm not judging.
>>
>>127502068

>hurr I'm just going to call you something you're not which also happens to be completely against everything you believe in, but I'm not judging dude haha :D

You haven't made a single solid point apart from laying baseless accusations. You have done nothing to back up your arguments. I'm trying to start a debate with you here chap. But you're not doing anything to counter my points.
>>
Does anyone have that image with the stairs going down and things get worse and worse and it starts with "the Bible isn't infallible" and the guy gets worse and worse off
>>
>>127502404
I know the one, but no i haven't seen it in a while. The Bible is in fact inerrant - else you end up rewriting it like the catholics or writing a new one like the mormons/jehova witness
>>127502313
>baseless accusations
I'm not accusing you of anything, if you say you aren't a papist, i believe you anon. I just see these similarities and I've never actually met an anglican, so I'll take your word for it m8.
>>
>>127472228

I'm proper happy for you for sticking with it lad! All the best with whichever denomination you choose eventually, your faith's made my night desu
>>
>>127502921
Dang I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>127503792
i did a search or two and can't find it either :(
>>
File: wake the fuck up whites.jpg (280KB, 598x1354px) Image search: [Google]
wake the fuck up whites.jpg
280KB, 598x1354px
>>127469745
>why are you not a Christian Yet, /pol/? It is the culture of your white forefathers.

It sure as fuck is not, cuck. Wake up.
>>
>>127505289
>muh ancestors got enslaved by a tribe that worshipped Odin
>suck it Christians!
>>
>>127505289
what's you faith anon?
>>
File: 1489782002391.jpg (846KB, 1381x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1489782002391.jpg
846KB, 1381x2000px
>>127476845
No not really King David was called Meek and yet he went around slaughtering other men, commanded by GOD. So you really don't know what that means.

Pope Clement of Rome on being "submissive"
Let us then, men and brethren, with all energy act the part of soldiers, in accordance with His holy commandments. Let us consider those who serve under our generals, with what order, obedience, and submissiveness they perform the things which are commanded them. All are not prefects, nor commanders of a thousand, nor of a hundred, nor of fifty, nor the like, but each one in his own rank performs the things commanded by the king and the generals. The great cannot subsist without the small, nor the small without the great.

Meek and and submissiveness were associated with soldiers at arms. This is in contrast to a brute mudslime who murders
>>
File: 1495119615414.png (285KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
1495119615414.png
285KB, 441x441px
>>127476845
>don't curse anon

Did you forget that "handing him over to Satan so his flesh may be destroyed" is not a curse? Yey Paul commands this in Corinthians concerning Incest
>>
>>127506260
killling other nations in wars commanded by god is not the same thing that jesus would want an ordinary modern christian believer to behave like

its not related

meek
quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive
enduring injury with patience and without resentment
not violent or strong
humbly patient or docile, as under provocation from others.
>>
File: 1495466901998.jpg (544KB, 1598x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495466901998.jpg
544KB, 1598x900px
>>127477541
You're forgetting the following verses.
"he was an offering for sin" The purpose was to give up one's life so another can live, as parents do with children
>>
File: tumblr_ond0m5wFsi1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg (56KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ond0m5wFsi1s2yc47o1_1280.jpg
56KB, 1080x1080px
>>127506672
handing him over to satan means that a guy who had sex with his fathers wife is going to be cursed by satan not cursed by men

>>127507032
notice how youre a catholic and you promote dues vault type shit

and being violent
>>
File: 1490761505028.jpg (57KB, 372x363px) Image search: [Google]
1490761505028.jpg
57KB, 372x363px
>>127506785
>Meek is submisssive

OKAY REEAD THIS AND REFUTE IT NOW

Pope Clement of Rome on being "submissive"
Let us then, men and brethren, with all energy act the part of soldiers, in accordance with His holy commandments. Let us consider those who serve under our generals, with what order, obedience, and submissiveness they perform the things which are commanded them. All are not prefects, nor commanders of a thousand, nor of a hundred, nor of fifty, nor the like, but each one in his own rank performs the things commanded by the king and the generals. The great cannot subsist without the small, nor the small without the great.

>I came not to abolish the law but to fullfill.
>Luke 22:36 Jesus orders Apostles to buy sword

Romans 13
>Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, FOR HE DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN FOR HE IS THE SERVANT OF GOD, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer
>>
>>127507490
No In th eChurch it is taught that he was literally handed over to the devil Literally
>>
>>127502404
still looking for this if anyone has it
>>
File: 252250.b.jpg (188KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
252250.b.jpg
188KB, 1000x667px
>>127471271
Orthodox

try going to an Orthodox church like the OCA or Moscow Patriarchate or an Antiochian church, these can be fully in English and mostly converts. It depends.
>>
>>127507628
>>127507490
This man was refusing to stop committing incest, so he was to be exocommunicated and handed over to the devil, because it's what he actually wanted. To be outside the Church means you are literally being subjected to the servants of satan, actual wicked spirits that will come to destroy your flesh
>>
File: tumblr_oim7bsnPYZ1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg (284KB, 1280x924px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oim7bsnPYZ1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg
284KB, 1280x924px
>>127507579
tells them to buy a sword so he can teach them a lesson about not using the sword

Matthew 26:52
Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

>FOR HE DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN FOR HE IS THE SERVANT OF GOD, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer

talking about the law executing the law aka the police force today

its not dues vault catholic garbage

also idc about anything a pope has ever said in my life if a pope says it you should do the opposite
>>
>>127507579
meek is humbled/pious, not necessarily submissive imo. We're all to serve and submit to the Lord, but not to a foreign invader.
>>
File: 1492808704103.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492808704103.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>127507490
>>127506785
>theres nothing wrong with being a so called "beta cuck"
>notice how youre a catholic and you promote dues vault type shit and being violent

GOTCHA
>>
File: 1487041405472.jpg (71KB, 908x539px) Image search: [Google]
1487041405472.jpg
71KB, 908x539px
>>127508022
>It's just a police force desu

It says "governing authorities"
Which also includes established military orders. Like this

“When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. There were more than forty who made this conspiracy... Now the son of Paul's sister heard of their ambush, so he went and entered the barracks and told Paul. Paul called one of the centurions...But do not be persuaded(yield to) by them, for more than forty of their men are lying in ambush for him, who have bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they have killed him. ...Then he called two of the centurions and said, “Get ready two hundred soldiers, with seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen to go as far as Caesarea at the third hour of the night.Also provide mounts for Paul to ride and bring him safely to Felix the governor.”
>>
>>127507790
how does touching the hand of the patriarch help you in this situation of your picture?
>>
>>127508022
>Take the sword

ANd yet jesus told them to buy swords. It's a reference to lifestyle.

hen I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
>>
File: tumblr_oo1rpa1Hk41s2yc47o2_1280.jpg (286KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo1rpa1Hk41s2yc47o2_1280.jpg
286KB, 1280x853px
>>127508466
he also puts an end to all wars

Isaiah 2:4
And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

just cuz jesus kills all the non believers in the end doesnt mean you arent supposed to be passive
as a christian personally

god is allowed to execute judgment but we are supposed to turn the other cheek and let people essentially run all over us if thats what comes our way
>>
File: 1493696424748.jpg (80KB, 862x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493696424748.jpg
80KB, 862x582px
>>127508677

Luke 22:36- He who doesnt have a sword sell your cloak and buy one.
jesus to the apostles
“When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. There were more than forty who made this conspiracy... Now the son of Paul's sister heard of their ambush, so he went and entered the barracks and told Paul. Paul called one of the centurions...But do not be persuaded(yield to) by them, for more than forty of their men are lying in ambush for him, who have bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they have killed him. ...Then he called two of the centurions and said, “Get ready two hundred soldiers, with seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen to go as far as Caesarea at the third hour of the night.Also provide mounts for Paul to ride and bring him safely to Felix the governor.”

Revelations 19
>>127508466

Also FOR HE DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN FOR HE IS THE SERVANT OF GOD, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer

Peace on earth is after the millenial reign,. read all of Zachariah, the last half of Ezekiel and the last 30 chapters of Isaiah for details
>>
I will literally keep repeating these verses, unless you can prove to me that Paul "accidentally" asked the Roman army to defend him from jews, let me know.

Soldiers also asked him, ‘And we, what shall we do?’ And he said to them, ‘do not shake them up (to extort) or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.’ ”
>>
File: tumblr_onxnclLPCQ1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg (619KB, 868x1241px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onxnclLPCQ1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg
619KB, 868x1241px
>>127509057
tells them. to buy a sword. so that he could tell them hold up dont use the sword you will die by the sword if you live by the sword

and then put it in the bible and teach people a lesson or else he wouldnt have been able to do that

Genesis 9:6
Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
>>
File: 1494879080467.jpg (585KB, 1200x2320px) Image search: [Google]
1494879080467.jpg
585KB, 1200x2320px
>>127509906
>he who takes the sword dies by the sword
>judge and you shall be judged back in the same measure

It means if you are going to start a fight be prepared for your enemy to take the sword against you.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
>>
File: tumblr_op0frfGanB1s2yc47o4_500.png (619KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0frfGanB1s2yc47o4_500.png
619KB, 500x737px
>>127510183
israels wars doesnt apply to what god commanded
as a christian

Romans 12:17-21
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
>>
>>127510410
It actually does since
Hebrews 11
And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, were made strong out of weakness, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.

Revelatiosn 19

And I CAME NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW

Also FOR HE DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN FOR HE IS THE SERVANT OF GOD, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer

He who doesnt have a sword sell your cloak and buy one.

>>
File: 1492548940931.jpg (36KB, 431x469px) Image search: [Google]
1492548940931.jpg
36KB, 431x469px
>>127510410
This is a literal quotation from provebrs, almost word for word.

Solomon also had an army who was the one who originally said it. It's about personal vegeance, blood feuds.

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
>>
F
>>
>>127511422
strategic bump
>>
I went to my local Unitarian church, where we heard veterans' stories in honor of Memorial Day. I lit a candle for Army veteran Rick Best.
>>
File: tumblr_oo3m6zEPL71s2yc47o4_1280.jpg (255KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo3m6zEPL71s2yc47o4_1280.jpg
255KB, 850x1280px
>>127510681
>>127510946
fallacy

wars in the bible doesnt mean god likes war and it has nothing to do with how you should behave in civilian life as a christian

Psalm 46:9
He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
god judges people at the end of the world were supposed to be meek and submissive

>Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
>>

hen I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

>>
File: 1478366083003.jpg (255KB, 1372x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478366083003.jpg
255KB, 1372x1080px
>>127511921

And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, were made strong out of weakness, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.
>>
File: 1493857636880.jpg (21KB, 445x446px) Image search: [Google]
1493857636880.jpg
21KB, 445x446px
>>127511921
>Be angry and do not sin, do not let the sun go down on your anger.

>>
Unfortunately I couldn't go today, as I was spending my day at the great American pastime of the Indy 500.
>>
File: tumblr_olzna92czV1s2yc47o2_1280.jpg (426KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olzna92czV1s2yc47o2_1280.jpg
426KB, 1280x853px
>>127512103
thats not saying that god supports war mongering which i already proved he doesnt

nor how to live the christian life

>>127512230
it actually says minister and not servant in the king james

romans 13 is about the government punishing criminals what the heck
>>
File: 1494599923930.png (417KB, 843x587px) Image search: [Google]
1494599923930.png
417KB, 843x587px
>>127512669
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

>>
guys i want some help, i would like to get back into christianity permanently but every time i do i end up going back to agnosticism within a month
>>
>>127512254
they don't have a church trailer out there?
>>127511791
was he even Christian? From the stories it doesn't seem like he was.
>>
File: 1487994792842.jpg (258KB, 845x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487994792842.jpg
258KB, 845x900px
>>127512669
>only Criminals
>forieng enemies of the state don't count
>this is totally pacifist

Show where he makes that special exlclusion in his statement here
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.
>>
>>127513369
im not the one extrapolating the passage bro
talking about governing authorities and the people under the government paying ur taxes and being responsible for your crimes
>>
File: 1483823404182.jpg (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483823404182.jpg
87KB, 600x600px
>>127510410

>Proverbs:Do not Give back evil with evil
Someone steals something from you so you steal from him. That would be returning evil with evil, same with spreading rumors ect.

But stoning men to death was often prescribed against criminals and in exodus it is said it is okay kill a robber, that there will be no bloodguilt on him.

Killing a murderer is not returning evil because you are extinguishing evil, which is the purpose of the law, And that's just murderers but in exodus you can also kill a man who is ROBBING YOU
>>127513731
>extrapolating

PLEBBIT FEDORA DETECTED WEEOO WEEOO WEEOO
>>
>>127513023

your soul is on the line. Believe on the Lord Jesus.
>>
File: tumblr_onl5mmZhjl1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg (432KB, 550x820px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onl5mmZhjl1s2yc47o3_1280.jpg
432KB, 550x820px
>>127514250
it says if he dies after he is smitten

i dont think god is commanding just immediately shoot anyone who breaks in

and then run down the street after them and keep firing even after theyre already gone and cant do any harm

which is what i see all the time in videos of "defending yourself"

its really just bloodthirsty normies who always wanted to kill someone
>>
File: 1484882173715.png (123KB, 275x298px) Image search: [Google]
1484882173715.png
123KB, 275x298px
>>127514733
It actually says if he robbs you you have no bloodguilt on yourself to kill that man. Which means it is LEGAL

>>
So how can Orthodoxy be the true infallible church when it teaches heresy like saying that mixed race marriages are not sinful?
>>
>>127514250
Unfashionable hat joke has expired. Sorry Christcucks but you have to git gud now
>>
File: 1485702899269.jpg (193KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1485702899269.jpg
193KB, 1536x2048px
>>127514733
Youre assuming a world without the Christian God, because God's the final authority and he determined that certain groups should be punished with death than be alive and corrupt or kill the population. and If God says if it's condoned then by all means go ahead
>>
File: 1494571797573.jpg (224KB, 1908x1612px) Image search: [Google]
1494571797573.jpg
224KB, 1908x1612px
>>127515376
>>
File: tumblr_ooeovfGRTw1tkiusso1_500.png (403KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooeovfGRTw1tkiusso1_500.png
403KB, 500x550px
>>127515002
im not renouncing the law in any way m8

executing someone with the death penalty from the government is a lot different than someone who is a christian is supposed to behave in a christian life

also i dont understand your second passage what youre trying to say
>>
File: 1494528659395.jpg (74KB, 673x537px) Image search: [Google]
1494528659395.jpg
74KB, 673x537px
>>127515418
It says in exodus a man has the legal right to kill a man who is breaking and entering his house. That means you can kill him. Ever been to Texas? They use that verse in Exodus to justify shooting robbers
>>
File: 1489527060360.jpg (99KB, 844x818px) Image search: [Google]
1489527060360.jpg
99KB, 844x818px
>>
>>127473675
I found Christianity through Dr. Jordan B Peterson, he would agree. Peterson uses mockery at times, puts on an angry face and faces chaos.

Speak truth at all costs
>>
File: 1494856013713.png (266KB, 655x678px) Image search: [Google]
1494856013713.png
266KB, 655x678px
Come home white men.
>>
File: 1481309240095.jpg (181KB, 791x555px) Image search: [Google]
1481309240095.jpg
181KB, 791x555px
>>127515547
>lose to a tree
>>
File: tumblr_op0cl7qI7H1s2yc47o8_1280.jpg (83KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0cl7qI7H1s2yc47o8_1280.jpg
83KB, 1200x900px
>>127515533
ya it says "if he dies when you smite him you will not be guilty" which means you can

it doesnt mean its merciful to kill him

a lot of these people with guns are desperate to shoot people and are blood thirsty and i would say that its not godly to think like that

i dont even have a gun or want a gun
>>
File: 1494590691409.png (916KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494590691409.png
916KB, 1200x450px
>>127515614
Exodus
>If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,
>>
>>127471271
churches are spooks. read the bible (uncucked versions, original hebrew, aramaic, and greek, dont forget apocrypha) and the theology yourself. most (((churches))) today are just meant to divide and brovide false senses of salvation as described by cs lewis in mere christianity.
>>
File: pope kissing nigger feet.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
pope kissing nigger feet.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
The only thing left to you is shame and and guilt. This is what the jews have brought to you.

Worship the gods of your ancestors and become men again.
>>
File: tumblr_om51693R9L1s2yc47o5_1280.png (386KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om51693R9L1s2yc47o5_1280.png
386KB, 800x447px
>>127515752
never says god condones it but says youre not guilty

ideally you would try to avoid an altercation if someone broke into your house

you would lock yourself in a bathroom and let them have all your stuff

that would be the most righteous plan

killing someone who broke in you ought to be sad about
>>
File: 1493581182095.jpg (363KB, 758x403px) Image search: [Google]
1493581182095.jpg
363KB, 758x403px
>>127515839

>“When men fight with one another and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals, then you shall cut off her hand. Your eye shall have no pity.

God hates cuckoldry
>>
>>127515415
Kek anyone who identified as atheist and now claims paganism deserves to be hit with that meme
>>
File: 1494588731048.png (99KB, 933x581px) Image search: [Google]
1494588731048.png
99KB, 933x581px
>>127515954
>not guilty
>condone
Condone = accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue. To sanction

>>127515999
>127515999
KEK
>>
>>127515641
Why is it not Godly to believe in self defense? Because you say so?
>>
>>127471271
There are no good churches left or not many read your bible read your bible Read Your Bible READ ROMANS make shure you undrstant the gospal before even thinking of a church
>>
I learned about John 3:16. And I still have a crush with the girl in front of me. But I found out from my mom that she is married.
>>
File: 1474709819890.jpg (112KB, 635x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474709819890.jpg
112KB, 635x960px
>>
>>127516189
>(behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive)
Well not that part, but he does condone it. Condone means to approve of
>>
File: 1439255200226.png (594KB, 842x974px) Image search: [Google]
1439255200226.png
594KB, 842x974px
>>
>>127515612
Peterson's blasphemy is too cringey for me to watch. But he does seem like a good stepping stone for many.
>>
File: 1481328920007.png (373KB, 830x974px) Image search: [Google]
1481328920007.png
373KB, 830x974px
>>
File: ANGLOS.jpg (598KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
ANGLOS.jpg
598KB, 1200x628px
Come home.
>>
>>127516323
god doesnt approve of it

it says youre not guilty

it doesnt say you must kill the person who breaks in

>>127516205
because jesus principles jesus didnt defend himself when he didnt say a word walking to the cross

bible says it over and over again

these people are attached to their lives and attached to this world so much theyre afraid of death and defending everything they have

thats not christian

Luke 9:24
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
>>
File: 1494642378348.jpg (121KB, 960x783px) Image search: [Google]
1494642378348.jpg
121KB, 960x783px
>>127516503
>>127516189
Let's put it this way, what I mean is that God condones and encourages to put evil away by execution. As we clearly see in the old testament repeatedly and then Jesus affirmed it
>>
File: 1493581106533.jpg (77KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493581106533.jpg
77KB, 850x400px
>>127516656
If you are guilty then it is a sin. If you are not guilty then it is not a sin, as he states. This is a holy law of God. If he thought it was sinful then he would not tell them to go ahead and do it. To deal with unholy men.

Well of course Jesus was the suffering servant and he said he wouldnt defend himself this onetime because it was his destiny to die for them, otherwise there would be no blood to cover for in. But he says he will come back with a sword in Matthew and in Revelations.

>lose his life
For his sake, that means martyrdom as a witness to the ressurection. Which is a godly persuit. Not saying you need to die
>>
>>127516986
>If he thought it was sinful then he would not tell them to go ahead and do it. To deal with unholy men.

I mean not to do it
>>
File: 1494878831507.jpg (550KB, 878x599px) Image search: [Google]
1494878831507.jpg
550KB, 878x599px
>If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,

>Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
>>
File: tumblr_olon3map2R1s2yc47o5_1280.jpg (164KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olon3map2R1s2yc47o5_1280.jpg
164KB, 1024x683px
>>127516986
no jesus advocated turning the other cheek as a life style its not just this one time

> If he thought it was sinful

its not merciful
its not the best way to handle the situation to just immediately kill someone

you have to understand the difference in attitude because modern americans with guns dont value human life and are anticipating blowing someones head off because they are unmerciful and violent

>But he says he will come back with a sword in Matthew and in Revelations.

the end times when he judges the world!! that doesnt mean that christians act that way
>vengeance is mine i will repay saith the lord
>>
File: 1493948961165.jpg (49KB, 498x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493948961165.jpg
49KB, 498x486px
>>127516500
>>
File: 1494878802364.jpg (93KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494878802364.jpg
93KB, 850x400px
>>127517306
>turning the other cheek
>>127474606
Already discussed here that it is talking about personal relationships.

>Only at the end can you kill someone
It says in the bible that Jesus will come back with his saints to kill. Posting this again, to prove my point. You refuse to see what is right in front of you which means you are not a Christian nor any good evidence

You misunderstand death. To judge is to heal.

Jesus forgave this woman, because she had no witness to prove that she committed adultery. The spirit of the Law of Moshe and Jesus's new covenant is the same spirit, which is LOVE. Jesus never said the laws stoning murderers, adulterers, robbers (at night only), and witches was morally wrong. In fact he said "I came not to abolish the law but to fulfill." He then goes on to say that if you even curse a man he is liable to go to court. He meant a literal courtroom. Since then the new and old covenant are the same spirit, you cannot say that there are circumstances which will not apply like in Moshe's day concerning witchcraft. If the same circumstances apply, which is refusing to change when offered clemency, knowledge that it's a crime, and then violence inflicted wrongfully, then you have the ok from God. You misunderstand, you say "forgive forgive". We are not talking about the repentant but the rebellious who know better and still continue in sin. It is not unlawful to condemn a man in the new testament. That is your point, I say it is lawful to condemn a man, especially a man that commits a capital offense in Torah. As long as you have good reason, with finding fault at the man committing witchcraft, then you may stone him to death. Jesus regularly talks about coming back with a sword of bloodshed on account of refusing to no longer sin. Violence is applied to those who will not change and continue to harm others wrongfully.
>>
File: 1495560227302.png (1MB, 640x4687px) Image search: [Google]
1495560227302.png
1MB, 640x4687px
Jesuits
>>
File: 1495601033073.gif (337KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1495601033073.gif
337KB, 600x661px
Sooooooon
>>
File: 1494882070207.jpg (106KB, 613x393px) Image search: [Google]
1494882070207.jpg
106KB, 613x393px
YOur moral relativty will lead your nation to literal niggervill and your sons and daughters to marry into niggers and have your sons on lsd getting so high that they shit on the streets. You reject divine right to kill as the Torah commands and Jesus and Paul and John explicitly commends then you will be stuck shitting on teh streets while being cucked by strange women
>>
>>127516656
There is literally not a single verse against self defense in the whole Bible, and verses which explicitly call for it.
>>
File: tumblr_olv46zmgAE1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg (451KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olv46zmgAE1s2yc47o4_1280.jpg
451KB, 1280x1280px
>>127517569
>Only at the end can you kill someone

no christians can never kill someone

GOD judges the world at the end its not for us to do

you guys twist turning the other cheek into something else

because youre a violent person and not meek
>>
>>127517769
>There is literally not a single verse against self defense in the whole Bible,

turn the other cheek
live by the sword die by the sword
pay no evil for evil
bless those that persecute you

its in the whole bible dude!
>>
File: Saint Peter_Crivelli.jpg (453KB, 736x2257px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Peter_Crivelli.jpg
453KB, 736x2257px
>>127517816
>no christians can never kill someone
>GOD judges the world at the end its not for us to do

Then why does Paul judge the Corinthians so harshly? Or Peter? Jesus comes back with fellow Saints (us) to kill sinners not because it is the end times, but because the refuse to sin

Since then the new and old covenant are the same spirit, you cannot say that there are circumstances which will not apply like in Moshe's day concerning witchcraft. If the same circumstances apply, which is refusing to change when offered clemency, knowledge that it's a crime, and then violence inflicted wrongfully, then you have the ok from God

That are the terms of execution. God regluarly upholds judges. And made even shepherds kings. Jesus tells Peter to buy two swords. Paul says that the nations do not bear the sword in vain. Jesus said he did not abolish the law which means that there are circumstances in which execution is LAWFUL as shown above. Only someone following the doctrines of demons would follow the stuff that you are following
>>
File: ptureccsas.png (76KB, 1357x446px) Image search: [Google]
ptureccsas.png
76KB, 1357x446px
>>127469745
>why are you not a Christian
>>
File: disappepe.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
disappepe.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>127469745

> tfw you accidentally sleep through all your alarms and miss church
>>
>>127518208
None of those verses are anti-self defense. Sorry.
>>
File: tumblr_olm6tq4ZOi1s2yc47o1_1280.png (586KB, 737x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olm6tq4ZOi1s2yc47o1_1280.png
586KB, 737x500px
>>127518284
you believe in doctrines of this world

this world teaches you need to fight back against people and take vengeance

almost nobody understands understands that righteous logic that jesus teaches they refuse it and twist it to mean you must take self defense even though its clearly not

you dont know who the lord really was

1 Peter 2:23
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
>>
Hail Satan
>>
>>127518208
There are kindom laws and laws during the dipensation of grace the gospals are kingdom period paul is the dispensation of grace different comands for different times
>>
>>127518465
There is another thing also which is much to be deplored; namely, that the negligence of your Fraternity has allowed the peasants (rusticos) belonging to holy Church to remain up to the present time in infidelity. And what is the use of my admonishing you to bring such as do not belong to you to God, if you neglect to recover your own from infidelity? Hence you must needs be in all ways vigilant for their conversion. For, should I succeed in finding a pagan peasant belonging (sexually) to any bishop whatever in the island of Sardinia, I will visit it severely on that bishop. - Pope Gregory the Great

>posting tumblr images

Alright you're a satanist ITS OFFICIAL. In spite of all the evidence I have given you it's still not enough, and you condemn the HOLY PURE TORAH. MARCIONITE FIRST BORN OF SATAN

And Polycarp himself replied to Marcion, who met him on one occasion, and said, Do you know me? I do know you, the first-born of Satan.

Polycarp was taught by the Apostle John
>>
File: att21.jpg (233KB, 1600x729px) Image search: [Google]
att21.jpg
233KB, 1600x729px
>>127518909
Here is a pic to explain
>>
>>127518497
that sucks. stop stayingu p too late anon!
>>
>>127518497
Now you must plee for your forgiveness from the church or burn
>>
with the rise and resurgence of Christianity as an ideological and philosophical position, through the help of those like Jordan Peterson, I have a theory. The "new atheist" movement in the last 10 years or so and the slow movement of society into a deprecative and nihilistic one I feel is coming to a close.
However, this flow of Christian values is different. Many don't accept the metaphysical claims of the bible as legitimate but think that the moral tenets and values found in Christianity are the bastion of western civilization.
As man advances technologically and morally, regardless of whether or not there is a real metaphysical god, it will transcend its biological nature but through the philosophies of virtue and moral integrity to become divine

Jesus in the past was himself not divine, but rather a visitor from this hyper technologically and morally advanced world, a representative of the human paradigm.
The bible was purposely ambiguous as to its metaphysical nature because the slow but inevitable maturation of humanity's understanding of these values as not metaphysical but as philosophical psychological bedrock is necessary for man's final ascension to ideological divinity.
>>
File: tumblr_op0frfGanB1s2yc47o1_500.png (622KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op0frfGanB1s2yc47o1_500.png
622KB, 500x737px
>>127519057
Isaiah 53:9
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

>because he had done no violence

JESUS = NO VIOLENCE!

GET REKT

>>
File: 1483958813567.jpg (93KB, 490x580px) Image search: [Google]
1483958813567.jpg
93KB, 490x580px
>>127519590
>BECAUSE HE WAS MADE AN OFFERING FOR SIN

That's the next few verses of that chapter.

ALSO REVELATIONS 19. Jesus is first the suffering servant then the Lion of Judah
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.