[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

even if a god does exist, how can you know that it is the christian

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Sophie-Turner-v2.jpg (366KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Sophie-Turner-v2.jpg
366KB, 2048x1536px
even if a god does exist, how can you know that it is the christian god?

isnt it equally likely that the hindu gods are the real gods? or maybe the aboriginal gods? or maybe the literally thousands of other gods that people have created?

well christians???? explain yourselves!
>>
>>127141653

Religion, especially Christian religion, is not a question of knowledge but faith.
>>
>>127141653
I have a funny way of looking at it, I see at first all cultures are polythiestic so I assume that they were all the same gods worldwide but different names
I think maybe they had finite lives because they were very active early not now. Maybe the others died and only one left old, depicted as how Christian god was.
Is he still around, who knows maybe his time caught up to him. Maybe this is all made up. Maybe it was aliens the whole time.
>>
>>127142381
I realize I typed that like a dyslexic fuck if I need to clear any of it up, let me know
>>
>>127142381
Well the Christian God died too, remember? Nietzsche broke the news.
>>
all religions are right. they're just all telling a different piece of the same story.
>>
>>127142605
Yeah that's entirely possible in what I'm saying, it's possible that if Jesus wasn't really schizophrenic and actually the messiah, the son of god. That he is now god and his way is to leave us to our own devices and not interfere. Maybe in another thousand years someone else will come along born in the same mysterious ways Jesus following this lineage.
>>
There's no such thing as "the Christian God" or "the Muslim God" or "the Jewish God". It's all the same God, with different messages for mankind during different stages of mankind's maturity. Progressive revelation.
>>
>>127141653
This is fucked up.

If god is "one of the thousands people made up" then he's literally not God.

Second though, they all have different conceptions of what God is, what the nature of being a God is. If God exists, then you would instantly know by the nature of the God you were confronted with.

Thirdly, why do Christians have to account for anybody else's gods? Let those people speak for themselves.
>>
Religion only serves to give your oxygen deprived dying brain something peaceful to think about in the last 60 seconds before you simply cease to exist.

It helps the stupid cope with the unexplained.

Also it's a great to make shitloads of money
>>
>>127143687
I just made up my own God.

He doesn't care if you believe in him or not. He doesn't demand anything of me. He's never communicated with me in any way - that's how I know he doesn't care if I believe in him.

He's never mentioned any afterlife or published any books and there is no dogma or clergy having to do with him.

He would never send someone to hell not being an asshole.

I can pray to him and he may answer or not. He may be the only God, or one of many. He is not a jealous God, so if I want to pray to Zeus too he's ok with that.
>>
File: shaun king of the jews.png (362KB, 569x663px) Image search: [Google]
shaun king of the jews.png
362KB, 569x663px
>>
>>127145290
You think dying is peaceful?
>>
>>127143687
No, that is not what the various mythological cults say
>>
>>127141969

Then how can you criticize people for not having faith? That's not just something you can choose.
>>
File: 1476602868592.jpg (45KB, 636x487px) Image search: [Google]
1476602868592.jpg
45KB, 636x487px
The biggest irony would be that the Muslim god is the one that's real but no Muslim gets allowed in Muslim heaven.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.