[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christians believe that the majority of the world's population

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 69

Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in hell for all eternity. I think it's time for people to call Christians out on their barbaric beliefs.
>>
>>127125551
I think it's time you burned in hell for yours. Just kys.
>>
File: UtewR.gif (15KB, 667x616px) Image search: [Google]
UtewR.gif
15KB, 667x616px
Pssh
Nothin personel
>>
>>127125926
>>127126108
>no arguments
>>
File: rozmnozenie-chleba.jpg (154KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
rozmnozenie-chleba.jpg
154KB, 800x458px
>>127125551
Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
“Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
“Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless.
“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”
>>
>>127126461
I don't know why did he throw him out just for not wear wedding clothes, that's bullshit
>>
File: Archbishop-robert-carlson.jpg (99KB, 522x681px) Image search: [Google]
Archbishop-robert-carlson.jpg
99KB, 522x681px
>>127125551
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/st-louis-archbishop-didnt-know-sex-children-was-crime-n127291

St. Louis Archbishop Didn’t Know Sex With Children Was a Crime

The St. Louis archbishop embroiled in a sexual abuse scandal testified last month that he didn’t know in the 1980s whether it was illegal for priests to have sex with children, according to a court deposition released Monday.
>>
>>
>>127126461
As the man was thrown from the hall, he was heard screaming "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER!?"
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (56KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
56KB, 480x480px
>>127125551

>Brazil
>Calling someone/thing barbaric

Oh Faggdecio the irony
>>
>>127126461
this is some retarded shit
>>
>>127125551
> Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in hell for all eternity.
There are wildly varying views about this between the various sects of Christianity.

> I think it's time for people to call Christians out on their barbaric beliefs.
Please, this has been happening for a long time.

And in the current day, the problem isn't this, but really a scientific one.

Claims without proof, false logic without coherence, conclusions without any support from evidecne and logic. It doesn't really work for shit in a "truth" and science sense.
>>
>>127125551
It's a figurative hell dumbass. Imagine if you died and had a perfect memory. Now imagine that in order to ascend to a higher self you had to forgive yourself for every fucked up thing you did.
>>
File: 1495497614469.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495497614469.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>127125551
No they don't.
>>
>>127125551

>Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in hell for all eternity

> Jews took power through democracy (Majority)
> Jews spread suffering (Hell)
> Jews rule forever. (Eternity)

Welcome.
>>
>>127125551
bring it on nigga
>>
>>127125551
Hell is complete & true non-existence, total spirit annihilation -- absolute nothingness -- you'll be expunged, entirely.
>>
>>127125551

Yes, except its not in the bible and most christians dont even believe it.

There are many christians who believe the Kingdom of Heaven will be on THIS earth - physical and renewed.
>>
>>127129472
How do you know that's not heaven?
Total peace.
>>
>>127129644

Because you won't exist anymore, friendo. Also you die a painful death in the lake of fire.
>>
>>127125551
I bet you are the same type of person that gets mad when a Christian tries to "save your soul".
>>
>muslims think everyone else will burn in hell, therefore 23% of world population will go to heaven
>jews think everyone else will burn in hell, 5% of world population go to heaven.
>christians think everyone else will burn in hell, 31% world population go to heaven

You like gambling son?
>>
>>127129472
>>127129552
Catholics believe it, and they are the biggest church.
>>
>majority will burn
But they don't have to, it's thier choice
>>
>>127125551
i believe the holy land should look the part. radioactive glass and day glow irradiated chemicals sounds about right

make that shit so only god can walk on the earth there
>>
>>127125551

It's just to encourage imperfect contrition.

I mean, talk about obvious. That really shouldn't even require higher order thinking.

Brazilian shitwater must infest the brain.
>>
>>127125551
No, YOU believe that Christians beleive that most of the world will burn in hell for all eternity. Christians believe that all sin is forgiven by the blood of Christ. Learn about something before you start criticizing it. Fag.
>>
>>127125551
have you been outside and met a lot of people? Christianity is right. the majority of the world is filled with ass holes and yes they will reap what they sow.
>>
All you have to do is repent when you are dying. There is only one unforgivable sin though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>127125551
This was the biggest problem for me when I was a Christian. I was shitting bricks every day because I was afraid of my family burning forever.

Fear is what drove my belief. Not happiness, or good morals, divine revelation, and not god.
>>
>>127125551
worrying like that about what people believe comes from an inferior mind. Lakes of fire? Or a hell of regret for eternity?..you can practice the teachings of Jesus without being religious...appreciate on that a while m8

signed
Based Catholic
>>
>>127130233

>Only can get into heaven by accepting Christ
>Only other alternative to heaven is hell
>MOST of the world will hear the gospel but not accept it
>ergo, most of the world will burn in hell because they did not accept Christ.
>>
>>127129552

Hell is mentioned in the parable of the fig tree, Mark 9:43, revelations 20:13 & 21:8, Matthew 10:28, 13:50 & 25:46, psalms 9:17, 2 Peter 3:4, etc etc
>>
>>127130956
yes
>>
>>127125551
Repent and suffer in Purgatory then. At least you'll still get your ticket into Celestial Jerusalem after the Tribulation.
>>
>>127126241
You presented nothing to argue. So nobody argued.
>>
>>127125551
You dont have to burn in hell, that is a choice you made.
>>
>>127125551
>Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in hell for all eternity.
It makes plenty of fucking sense. Take that Christian red pill you fucking retard.
>>
>Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in he...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfSpIIRhFw
>>
>>127126461
Pretty sure you just made that up. What is the verse?
>>
>>127125551
>>127128363
SOPA DE MACACO UMA DELICIA
>>
>>127131695
By your logic you're gonna burn in hell too, for browsing /pol/ and hating non whites buddy. Religiousfags btfo
>>
>>127125551
Christians say burn in hell cause burning alive is the absolute most painful way to die. But in reality there is no comparison to the excruciating suffering you will experience in hell
>>
>>127131998
> As always, "Christians" don't know the bible.
He didn't. You can look around Matthew 22:11.
>>
>>127132057
Thoroughly untrue. And I'm not a racist like the majority here.
>>
>>127128157
>facebook atheists
really makes ya think
>>
>>127132057
Do you not see how SJW you look assuming his position from one simple post.

Jews think Jesus is in a eternal hell, covered in shit and semen.

Muzzies believe without Jihad that none of the 1 billion get into heaven

Christians stop at words, because violence is never the answer and that is the number one rule taught across western society.
>>
>>127131998
You can argue that it is implied. Jesus says something along the lines of "The path to heaven is narrow and the gates of Hell are wide. Many will stray from that narrow path."
>>
>>127125551
Christianity is the biggest religion in the world though, Joao.
>>
>>127132675
> Christians stop at words, because violence is never the answer
Uh, Christians showed a lot of episodes to the contrary all along history.

We stopped being quite as violent mainly for general legalistic-philosophical-trade-understanding of history + game theory - type of reasons. Not because of religious insights.
>>

We believe people are evil at their core and all deserve death and hell and torment. It's by the work of God and His Holy Spirit and Christ His son that we have any hope of life eternal.

You don't get it.
>>
File: 1482134390434.jpg (53KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1482134390434.jpg
53KB, 640x476px
>>127127669
probably the reason why nobody wanted to go in the first place.
>>
>>127128157
>t. gaytheist
>>
>>127125551
When they start suicide bombing kids let me know, faggot.
>>
File: 1495080236345.png (196KB, 403x441px) Image search: [Google]
1495080236345.png
196KB, 403x441px
CONVERT
OR
BURN
>>
>>127132675
I assumed someone who browses /pol/ was a racist, silly me! Hey fag, this is /pol/ if you're not racist why come here? To troll? Anyways, did you ever wonder why are 90% of the temples etc. here, in ruins? I'll give you a hint, a certain religion didn't like them very much, demolished them and burned the worshippers alive.
>>
Daily reminder that people on /pol/ are as crazy and immoral as Jews.
>>
>>127132399
>faggot being gay again

I did look it up, and it didnt say that. Weird bible version?
>>
>>127127669
Autism or third world education?
>>
>>127132006

I'm sorry I don't speak spic
>>
>>127125551
>Christians make up a majority of the world
>OP thinks Christians think a majority of the world are going to hell
>Islam claims to be a minority, despite making up roughly 1/4 of the world population
>Islam openly kills women, children, homosexuals, and non-believers
>This is a non-issue
What do Liberals mean by this?
>>
>>127125551
Majority of the world's population is shit.
>>
REPENT
OR
PERISH
>>
>>127134193
> faggot being gay again
Not anywhere in what >>127126461 quoted.

What he quoted there is in essentially all versions of the bible though.
>>
>>127133474
>>127134372
>it's okay for them to tell me I have no dignity as a human being because muslims are worse xD
>>
>>127126461
>“Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

but but Jesus, that's not very NICE!! Didn't God say, 'Don't Judge'?
>>
File: KZ5Io4R.jpg (96KB, 685x741px) Image search: [Google]
KZ5Io4R.jpg
96KB, 685x741px
yes, the majority of the worlds population will burn in hell for all eternity.

What effect does this have on your life?
>>
>>127133284
This is the truth of Christianity.

Many blue pills see this as "ohmuhgosh so wrong" because it paints humans in this bad light, but it's the simple truth.

>But why did God make us bad.

He didn't. He didn't want to die on the cross either. He did it because He loved us and pitied us.
>>
>>127125551
i believe the majority of the world is going to be saved

but not everyone is going to be the same
Jesus talks about making treasures in heaven, why we will need those treasures in heaven?
bet you we will need to buy some things in the other end too and we need the heaven moneys

so if you dont want to be a celestial hobo start making that treasure!
>>
>>127134372
> Christians make up a majority of the world
Nope, merely about ~2.2bn. Which is "just" a significant minority of the ~7.5-8bn or so humans on earth.
>>
>>127134810
Yeah its just worded strange. Its easy to figure out. The jews rejected Jesus, so he invited everyone else, but everyone who shows up isnt going to heaven. Like catholics... for many reasons. Thats what I think anyway.
>>
>>127133284
>>127135014
That's awful. I don't care how evil one person is, nobody deserves to burn forever. Your god is a monster.
>>
>>127135014
So that kid in Africa who's starving to death right now was born because Jesus loves us, right? He loves us so much he watches us commit the worst atrocities imaginable to others and does nothing to help them. Let's see the mental gymnastics, lel
>>
>>127128639
>There are wildly varying views about this between the various sects of Christianity
The bible quite clearly states that they will burn in hell. To claim opposite and consider oneself a "Christian" is like calling yourself a libertarian and supporting the welfare state.
>>
>>127134852
>Getting insulted is totally just as bad as being tortured and killed or living a life of actual slavery ECKS DEE
>>
>>127135363
Well you can shake your fist in hell forever, but you put yourself there.
>>
>>127134193
Yes it does. Matthew 22:1-14
>>
>>127135363
No.

People are monsters.

God is just giving to people what they deserve, unless you repent.
>>
>>127135191
>How to math
>How to english
Okay. Allow me to explain what I meant, since you apparently don't understand.

Christianity is the most popular religion on the planet, second to none. This makes Christianity the majority. Christianity makes up a (lol) MERELY 2.2 BILLION (last estimate circa 2010?) which is a solid BILLION over Islam, which is the second most popular religion on the planet.

Understand?
I hope so, considering this totally blows out the argument "if Islam wanted to kill us all, they would have by now!"
If Christians were half as oppressive as Islam, we would be seeing Christians in the news just as often as Islamic oppression. But we don't.
>>
>>127135465
Perhaps God punished Africans a long time ago for being savages, practicing blood magic, and eating the flesh of their own.

God does generational punishments in The Bible because your seed is not wholly independent. You don't have to agree with it, but let me remind you that you don't see Creation as God does.
>>
>>127135495
Christians in Africa burn witches to this day. Christianity just isn't as bad because it was heavily secularized in the west.

>>127135562
Your logic makes no sense. At least admit your god is the one that tortures people (it's the most literal interpretation of the bible anyway).

>>127135703
>People are monsters.
Why did your god create people if he knew a good number of them were going to hell? No, your god is the monster and it's the responsible for all of this.
>>
File: Ape_skeletons.png (84KB, 510x277px) Image search: [Google]
Ape_skeletons.png
84KB, 510x277px
>>127125551
>Brazil
>>
>>127128639

There is more to life than fields of force, anon. Positivism is not a sound foundation to rest your reason on.
>>
>>127136244
I hope you figure it out before its too late.
>>
>>127135988
I don't think you understand what "majority of people" means in this case.

If Christ is real, then a majority of people will be burning in hell. This statement is true.
>>
>>127125551
But Christians peacefully evangelize to help that half of the world, and they only believe that, they don't actually actively attempt to send them to hell on some sort of jihad, like muslims do. Sage in all fields
>>
>>127130780
>Fear is what drove my belief. Not happiness, or good morals, divine revelation, and not god.

Pretty much the whole problem with Abrahamic religions. Fear (more like Anxiety for this case) is a destructive element that is corrosive to virtue. An anxious man will be more prone to destructive behavior and his so-called good actions will be meaningless and forced. He won't really know really why he will be doing this and will probably have unvirtuous behavior outside of the terms of the religion. Morality, virtue and soul just end up sacrified on the altar of ideology.
>>
>>127136728
Yes, and they believe people who don't accept their evangelization deserve to burn in hell for all eternity. Can you stop trying to hide Christianity behind Islam to make it seem
>>
>>127136244
>Why did your god create people if he knew a good number of them were going to hell? No, your god is the monster and it's the responsible for all of this.
If your parents were fair to you and did everything they were supposed to do, and you still turned out to be a shitcunt, it's not your parents fault.

God gives creations free will, but He can also see the future to know what they will do with that free will. People often use this to say it is a paradox, but that is untrue. Creating something with free will and having the foresight to see what it will do is not a paradox.
>>
>>127137188
*make it seem good?
>>
>>127136142
Hmm what a nice guy. So if God knows everything and he knew we would eat the apple and do all this evil shit why did he still create us? Maybe he enjoys watching us suffer, really makes you think huh
>>
>>127137188
but it's your own choice
you can choose to follow God and live
or you choose the lake of fire

more now that you know, you calmly say i dont care about it and that's your choice, nobody can truely make you to believe
>>
File: Baraka2.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Baraka2.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>127125551

True Christians know that we are incapable of divine judgement as a result of original sin

opinion discarded
>>
>>127135469
> The bible quite clearly states that they will burn in hell.
Nope, it's all sorts of contradictory who goes to hell even before you apply various sect's interpretations on the unclear parts of the bible.

It's even unclear if the (at least three) words that might be referring to "hell" are the same thing, or even an actual place.

>>127135988
> How to english
> A majority is the greater part, or more than half, of the total. It is a subset of a set consisting of more than half of the set's elements.
Yes, it requires >50% of all of whatever you're referring to. Not just the biggest subset

And the context isn't "among religious people", it's "the world's population".
>>
>>127137126
I mean, if you don't believe anyway, then there is no fear of hell. It's usually when you are deep into belief of God, when hell becomes a thing you consider, but by that point it's not what hell that motivated you (since you are only now fearing hell).

Hell frightens small children, yes, but as adults, it is not usually what motivates one towards God.
>>
>>127125551
only retarded evangelical hicks actually believe in a physical hell.

Hell is a state of mind, just like Heaven.
>>
>>127136244
>Doubling down
>Savage christians kill people in less developed and policed countries, so let's just ignore that half of Islam is killing people all over the globe!
>>127136573
Fair enough.
>>
>>127137253
My parents are not omniscient, or omnipotent, therefore will never be as responsible. They didn't know the future when they chose to have me. And the consequences of my bad actions on Earth will never be as bad as burning forever.

>Creating something with free will and having the foresight to see what it will do is not a paradox.
It's not a paradox, I'm just saying god is evil for foreseeing the future and still going ahead with his plan. Why does god need humans anyway? He created us for selfish reasons.

>>127137515
Even if it's a "choice", does anybody deserve eternal torture for rejecting god? That's petty revenge, not justice. Nobody deserves to burn forever.
>>
>>127126461
>‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come.

1 he is talking about the jews

2 ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

this being hell is just a asumption
>>
>>127137755
You're right but I have a question now.
Do most Christians believe in ignorant heretics going to hell? That's a tough questions since all the Christians I've ever come into contact with have said "if their hearts are pure and they never found god, they still go to heaven". I'm not sure what the rest of the Christian world thinks of this.
>>
>>127136435
> Positivism is not a sound foundation to rest your reason on.
Yes, we don't have a fully solid foundation.

But we can get from any possible (not disproven!) sets of Axioms all the way to explain measurable reality while not break the used logic at any time, and make that our true understanding of the world.

Religious texts? They can show nothing "more" than that. They generally are just simply wrong because they're not providing valid axioms or any coherence in logic going from axioms to reality..
>>
>>127138175
>Even if it's a "choice", does anybody deserve eternal torture for rejecting god?

it's part of the deal, you only have two choices here

Jesus talk in detail about hell in Luke 16:19-31
>>
>>127137832
You can't just say stupid shit like that, back it up. Where does it say hell is just a state of mind, and also what is outer darkness then?
>>
>>127138623
I know what the bible says, I'm just saying it's not fair.
>>
>>127138758
It's not backed up by anything, it's just self evident. Religion is a description of qualia phenomena just like science is a description of physical phenomena.

All religions attempt to guide their followers to a qualitative state of mind that is described as heaven/nirvana/enlightenment. If you've ever used drugs or otherwise attempted to change your state of mind you can easily understand that at the core of things you really do choose how you feel. You can choose to be depressed and anguished (Hell) or you can choose to live in peace (Heaven). It's only by accepting faith (God) in a higher system of being that this can be accomplished.
>>
>>127125551
>()you
>>
>>127127939
These men are not of God. Do not trust them. When found, expel them from the Church with no mercy given. They are charlatans and Satan-worshipers at heart.
>>
>>127138868
Does the pot ask the potter why he was made that way?
>>
Is it wrong that I'm only Christian on paper?
Meaning I don't even follow any belief, and only go to church a couple times a year to see people and spend time with my community.
>>
>>127128157
>>
>>127138175
>My parents are not omniscient, or omnipotent, therefore will never be as responsible.
If God is real then you pretty much have to assume that He was fair. Sorry, but that is just part of the definition of being an "all powerful and all knowing being." God did everything He was supposed to. If you end up in hell it wasn't because of God.
>>
>>127139145
Yeah, no... Maybe this is what many 19 year olds think, but it goes significantly deeper than this.
>>
Atheism is really is a collective delusion on the part of society that rejects the reality of qualia and insists on uncompromising physicalism (non-duality), even though evidence (chaos theory/chaotic oscillator coupling applied to conciousness) suggests that this is not the case at all.
>>
File: 1262934543407.png (182KB, 297x278px) Image search: [Google]
1262934543407.png
182KB, 297x278px
>>127137483
>no replies
>>
>>127138868
That's some clay questioning the potter shit right there
>>
>>127138391
One problem is that I cannot match the views of various sects to numbers properly, I just didn't do that work.

And then it's also problematic to account for actually changing or unclear positions. You know, like in the Catholic church, there is the question of whether unbaptized or even baptized but not confirmed people (~= those who die young) go to hell, heaven, or something else. And the fraction of humans who died and still dies before birth or as children is huge.

> all the Christians I've ever come into contact with have said "if their hearts are pure and they never found god, they still go to heaven"
Not a generally held view. And the bible is kinda allowing interpretations from "everyone will go to heaven by default thanks to Jesus [except those that did some really bad shit]", "do this and that and you're surely going to heaven" over "depends on god's individual and (from human's point at least) arbitrary judgement" to " almost everyone is going to hell by default except a few that will be explicitly saved", to "hell isn't really a thing, it's just whether you are closer or further away from god and whether you like it or not". These and surely more are all views held by one or another sect of Christianity.
>>
>>127125551
>I think it's time for people to call Christians out on their barbaric beliefs
I think you just have to wait a few years and you'll have some real barbary to complain about
>>
>>127140314
how so? It's obviously not as simple as believe in god and your happy, but I still see no reason to think that religion isn't based on changing your internal mental model of reality rather than actually getting you to a physical heaven/hell.
>>
>>127140427
what about the people who choose Christ? they count too
>>
>>127125551

How is believing that someone will be punished in the afterlife "barbaric"?

It has absolutely zero effect on you.
>>
>>127135363
About time you started paying attention. The stories only been here for a few millennia. Christopher Hitchens is most assuredly making a sweet bacon savour in hell fire. We all tried to warn him.
>>
bump

religious debate threads are the best part of /pol
>>
>>127140427
Idk, I can't speak for God on this. From God's point of view, He made us perfectly fair. Our bad decisions have always been disappointing to Him. Of course He knew it would happen, but we just really can't understand or comprehend God. It's fair to just say I don't know. As evident in The Bible though, He's never been happy to punish us, more so that He had to.
>>
>>127130105

P sure Jews don't believe in Hell
>>
>>127125551

It's all about passive-aggression, anon. It's about believing in something that allows you to hate and love other humans infinitely, to whatever feels the most sophisticated. The sheer ambiguity of the supernatural only exists so that people can be secure in all their niceness and their disgust. It's about never wanting evidence of your decency or lack thereof, but never being allowed to be debated either. It's just a huge shmucky vibe.
>>
>>127137126
Thank you based anon for this truthful bread.
>>
>>127138175
Nobody is innocent; no one deserves to go to Heaven. Salvation is a gift that delivers remission of sin, but it is paid for by Jesus, and those who reject Jesus reject the gift
>>
File: f93nef0iw.png (964KB, 521x1462px) Image search: [Google]
f93nef0iw.png
964KB, 521x1462px
>>127139467
>the same as anti vaxxers

THHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

this is the best way to describe athiest. the actual level headed ones that can accept that maybe they could be wrong are the ones who actually have a deeply rooted understanding in the science they believe in

your average fedora wearing cunt has a high schoolers understanding of the universe and doesnt have any clue of the freaky laws of physics and causality breaking shit that happens all the time (see quantum eraser delayed choice, good example of what im talking about)

I switched from computer science to computer engineering in college and even that was a huge change in demographic, since all the cs people with autistic athiests and lots of the computer engineers were religious

Very little high level sceintists are atheist, at the very least, they are agnostic for the reasons i just spelled out

>>127125551
people have choices, the bible is available everywhere and the internet, so everywhere. its not fault people decide to be degenerates.
>>
>>127125551

Matthew 7 - 21 Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Simply calling Me “Lord” will not be enough. Only those who do the will of My Father who is in heaven will join Me in heaven. 22 At the end of time, on that day of judgment, many will say to Me, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name? Did we not drive demons out of the possessed in Your name? Did we not perform miracles in Your name?” 23 But I will say to them, “I never knew you. And now, you must get away from Me, you evildoers!”
>>
>>127134098
Be mad at muslims and romans faggot
>>
>>127141747

So in other words, the wishy-washy "welll I don't hate you but I will fuck you up if you earn my wrath" tendency for of humans to feel when toward each other when pointing guns toward each other is a way of feeling that the Almighty bases his dealings upon?
>>
>>127139421
>>127139510
>>127140601
Then why Christians compare their god with other gods so often? You're saying the morality of god can't be questioned no matter what, so we shouldn't question Islam and their sexual slavery and jihad, right? You believe their god is false, you can question that, but you should never question the morality of their god.

>>127140374
I'm a deist myself, quite the opposite of an atheist.

>>127141548
And no one deserves to go to hell. Finite sins made by fallible beings does not merit eternal hellfire.
>>
>>127125551
>Calling Christians out for their 'barbaric' beliefs
>Mudslimes actually killing people and doing crazy shit
GTFO you brazilian cuck go eat macaco soup
>>
>>127141216
Ok at least I appreciate you being honest and not wasting my time. Anyways good thread, I learned a thing or two cya, boys
>>
>>127141719
This. Articles like this: https://arxiv.org/abs/1101.2213 essentially prove that pure athiesm is unjustified from a scientific standpoint.

The world works in incredibly strange ways that humanity hasn't the slightest grasp on.
>>
>>127125551
I don't think that's the case.
At least according to this: Romans 2:1-16
>>
Humans already accessed eternal life technologies.
>>
>>127142047

Not even close.

People that go to church and/or call themselves Christians without doing what God has commanded them aren't true Christians is what it says.
>>
File: ....jpg (135KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
135KB, 267x400px
>>127142119
>no one deserves to go to Hell because sins are finite
Sins are sins against God and God is infinite
Sin is bad okay
>>
>>127141747
Quote the KJV, mane.
>>
>>127142119
>Then why Christians compare their god with other gods so often? You're saying the morality of god can't be questioned no matter what, so we shouldn't question Islam and their sexual slavery and jihad, right? You believe their god is false, you can question that, but you should never question the morality of their god.
Canonically, Islamic people worship the same Abrahamic God of The Bible. There are many problems though. Revelations ends with a note about saying how this (The Bible) is the complete word of God and anyone who adds to it or subtracts from it will be met with curses. So... make up your own mind about the Quran. There is of course, more to it than that, and the situation is far more complicated but...
>>
>>127142750

Don't you think it's kind of a shitbag thing though, to claim that a specific collection of stuff written thousands of years ago contains the truth on those matters? The only evidence of that being so is "muh western civilization" and "well, it's just deeper than other faiths, so don't mock us"
>>
>Almost all people in the world are condemned to infinite torment for not following Christianity
/pol/ doesn't care about this
>Almost all Europeans in history are condemned to infinite torment for not following Christianity the right way
This is the problem
>>
File: 1493099057559.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493099057559.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>127142286
>tfw you realize that people have been telling you that nothing you do actually matters beyond yourself since the universe is so fucking big, but in reality its the opposite and everything you do impacts everything in the universe and vice versa

>tfw thats not even the surface of it all, and decisions you will make impact decisions you have yet to make.

shits fucked up, I hate that i will never understand the machinations of the universe until I die, and hopefully god will allow me the knowledge.
>>
File: tumblr_ooc9ucHpaV1s2yc47o2_500.png (744KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooc9ucHpaV1s2yc47o2_500.png
744KB, 500x737px
Luke 13:23-25
Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
>>
>>127143189
yeah it is just a big coincidence
>>
The doctrine of hell literally proves Christianity false from the perspective of traditional philosophical theism. It is irreconcilable with omnibenevolence and omnipotence.

Furthermore, hell makes no sense as a punishment from an omniscient being who is even somewhat good. Is the purpose of hell to reform the wicked? Then why is it eternal? Does God make examples out of the damned to scare the living straight? Then why does damnation occur in an invisible, unreachable realm? Does damnation occur due to God's justice? Then why is it an infinite punishment for finite crimes? Is it just where souls go when they don't accept Christ? Then why is it too late after death, when there can be no religious doubt? Hell only makes sense as an invention of man.

Fortunately, it is a simple matter to preserve the integrity of your faith by jettisoning the false doctrine.
>>
>>127125551
tfw i was a national socialist until i realized that gods going to burn all the jews for eternity
>>
>>127143307
I know that feel bro. Holy fuck do I know that feel.
>>
File: 1495332938692.png (89KB, 1328x1140px) Image search: [Google]
1495332938692.png
89KB, 1328x1140px
>>127134224
That isn't spic that's jungle spic. Learn the difference, it could save your life one day.
>>
>>127143377

Is there a discrete barrier between pagan shit going on for 5,000 years in an empire versus modern civil society?
>>
>>127143189
If it legitimately comes from God then no.
>>
File: fedora hat.jpg (752KB, 2276x1708px) Image search: [Google]
fedora hat.jpg
752KB, 2276x1708px
>>127143460
>my justice is better than God's justice
>crimes against God are 'finite'
>>
>>127143460
I dont see how hell proves Christianity false. That is a silly argument.
>>
>>127125551
But Christians don't want them to burn and are trying to tell everyone so that they have a chance, but ultimately, the decision is entirely personal. And you know what? We won't kill you if you don't choose Christ.
>>
>>127125551
It's not our fault you're degenerate sinners who can't accept Christ. We'll help you if you want to be saved.
>>
Christianity is much more about leading a good and virtues life than it is about avoiding hell.
>>
File: tumblr_oi7qper7bz1ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg (216KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi7qper7bz1ti6w0wo1_1280.jpg
216KB, 1280x853px
Matthew 13:49-51

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.

>>127143460
non believers have no life in them
they go to hell but feel no pain because theyre basically computers/robots with no consciousness

only a born again believer in christ has life and a being
>>
>>127142859
I'm 20 times bigger and stronger than my cat, so if my cat bites me I should bite him back 20 times as hard. It's the just punishment, since the aspects of my nature are 20 times greater than his and it was a crime against me.
>>
>>127143460
>The doctrine of hell literally proves Christianity false

That depends what hell is and many denominations have different views
>>
>>127125551
Carlota did say Catholics in the Americas weren't taught correctly.
>>
>>127142286
>Articles like this: https://arxiv.org/abs/1101.2213 essentially prove that pure athiesm is unjustified from a scientific standpoint.
Wat? That doesn't prove any such thing. Fucking hell.

What it shows, from the summary:
> Effectively unpredictable chaotic systems, coupled through only a few variables, commonly exhibit a predictable relationship that can be highly intermittent.

Basically:
> Combine two things that on their own seem utterly unpredictable through very simple "connections" and you may -unexpectedly- observe that you get something actually quite predictable.
>>
File: tumblr_oi2tldcgxT1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg (270KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi2tldcgxT1t4mby8o1_1280.jpg
270KB, 900x601px
Revelation 14:9-12
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
>>
File: 1459988217402.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459988217402.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>127130105
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13,14

I'm guessing the big religions are out of the picture now. Need to find a small respectable religion to increase my odds.

Which protestant religions follow the bible teachings the closest?
>>
File: tumblr_oiamgwhGkz1rry3g5o4_400.png (208KB, 268x402px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oiamgwhGkz1rry3g5o4_400.png
208KB, 268x402px
Luke 16:19-31
There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
>>
>>127143605
pagan shit is still a thing, with cults like masons and illuminati, only that they worship the other end

did you see Trump in the wall of israel? do you think they make him do it just cause it's weird? Israel must be a great place of power, not for nothing God chose her
>>
>>127143738
>my justice is better than the medieval Catholic church's justice
Yeah, actually.
>>
>>127144384
>Which protestant religions follow the bible teachings the closest?
They basically just about all think it's them. And the Catholics, Orthodox and so on, too.

It's not even that they're all dumb. Dat book is just extremely ambiguous, contradictory and unclear.
>>
File: c63.jpg (536KB, 1340x1500px) Image search: [Google]
c63.jpg
536KB, 1340x1500px
>>127144071
Punishing cats doesn't make sense. But if I hurt you, and also your cat, I would expect to be punished worse for what I did to you.
>Our sin is eternally before Him and must be eternally punished in order to satisfy His holy justice.
>>
File: tumblr_oi7t933AmJ1t095teo4_400.gif (2MB, 268x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oi7t933AmJ1t095teo4_400.gif
2MB, 268x300px
Isaiah 66:24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Matthew 25:45-46
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
>>
>>127125551
The majority of people are degenerate and do not even clean their rooms let along save their fathers from the belly of the beast
>>
>>127144355

Revelation 20
>4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

eternal hell or still to be judged after 1000 years

>11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
>>
>>127135363
Have you seen humanity lately? I'd say that pretty much everyone deserves to burn forever. Kiddie diddlers, Muslims, niggers who kill innocent people for money, the filthy Jews who want the world to crumble, etc. People are monsters and if you didn't take the chance to save yourself, then all I can say is that you brought this upon only you.
>>
>>127144277
You have to read the whole article. Your biological brain and the external environment can be viewed as coupled chaotic oscillators. It effectively means that small changes in internal thought patterns can change what you view as reality.
>>
>>127144071
It's more like you steal a car and so get thrown in jail for several years and you say, "Hey man! This punishment is a little too much. What I did wasn't that big a deal."
>>
File: girl contemplating.jpg (246KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
girl contemplating.jpg
246KB, 1024x1024px
>>127145093
>according to their works
What do you think he meant by this
>>
>>127145535
>>127145093
those are the people during the millennial kingdom 1000 years of reproduction

anyone in hell goes to hell forever
>>
File: 1438355222452.png (590KB, 733x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1438355222452.png
590KB, 733x1127px
>>127126461
fyi
Jesus invites the Jews to heaven but they are too good. The man without clothes is the man without faith in christ.
>>
>>127145535

Its the second resurrection the one by works not by faith this is the jews the atheists the pagans and the rest of the world
>>
>>127144384
Church of Christ, find a local congregation and get bible-pilled
>>
>>127145402
How this would "prove" that "pure atheism" (eh, what's that - anything else than just atheism?) is "prove[n ...] unjustified from a scientific standpoint"?
>>
>>127146376
Atheism in its narrow definition actually says that God doesn't exist
In the wide sense it is merely a lack of belief (which should imo mean you're agnostic)
>>
>>127125551

If you don't believe in Hell, why are you bothered by this, friend?

>>127126461

Because many times the clothes of the saints (those who make it into heaven)are described "white raiment" because of their sinlessness you need to dress properly to fit in.
>>
>>127147145
> Atheism in its narrow definition actually says that God doesn't exist
Even then the usual "doesn't exist" will usually be used in the language sense of "having no indication" rather than absolute perfect proof of absence.

> I checked and the documents you said were there didn't exist in that room.
<Doesn't mean said person tore down the walls and floor and inspected them to the level of detail that would bring forward ANY writing or documents.>

> That billboard where we were supposed doesn't exist anymore
<Doesn't mean he has checked every place in the world if the dismantled billboard still exists>
>>
>>127128157

>He's talking about Muslims back when he was afraid to say it.
>>
>>127125551
>Christians believe that the majority of the world's population will burn in hell for all eternity

I am Christian and i don't believe that, take the red pill and look into Universal Reconciliation.
>>
File: german video gamestore.jpg (695KB, 2252x1689px) Image search: [Google]
german video gamestore.jpg
695KB, 2252x1689px
>>127127939
>>127139366

The problem is the Catholic Church's recruiting process from the mid 1800s on was not very Christian at all. They needed priests to go evangelize and they had plenty of poor congregation members, so the priesthood became a way of poor people to unburden themselves of children instead of a divine or even moral calling.

They were then sent to seminaries which were ran like puppy mills with very little oversight. Throw in the nonsense unprecedented, biblical rule of Catholic forced celibacy of priests which attracted queers in droves, and this is what you get.

Queers babysitting droves of young boys often times without a woman or girl in sight for miles.

What kind of "Holy man" do you think would emerge from such an environment.
>>
>>127130956
Like how can God reasonably expect me to think christianity real? If i die and he asks, I'll go and ask forgivesness but I think God is smart enough to know I have no reason to believe in him cause a 2000 year old book isnt exactly evidence.
>>
File: 1491480130960.png (1MB, 1489x689px) Image search: [Google]
1491480130960.png
1MB, 1489x689px
>>127150599

the bible is older then 2k years new friend
>>
>>127149770
Paul did say that it's better to be celibate
Priests ought to be the best of men
I'm not aware that there is evidence Priests are particularly likely to be sinful homosexuals or pedophiles. Remember the Church tends to over a billion people, which takes a lot of priests, some of whom are unavoidably evil
>>
https://youtu.be/6Tx33qKBG04

Way ahead of you. Did a thorough video on this exact topic.
>>
File: confused data.gif (817KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
confused data.gif
817KB, 250x250px
>>127126461
That was one of the most retarded things I've ever read. I hope you were making it up.
>>
File: your pretty good.jpg (20KB, 363x360px) Image search: [Google]
your pretty good.jpg
20KB, 363x360px
>>127128157
>we fucking love atheism
we're so fucking edgy we fucking have to fucking say "fucking" everything fucking time we fucking say something, so fucking watch out fuckers
>>
>>127130105
Jews don't believe in hell, if they did then they wouldn't act like Jews
>>
>>127151339
No, he did not. Matthew 22.
>>
File: 0.5.jpg (174KB, 880x718px) Image search: [Google]
0.5.jpg
174KB, 880x718px
>>127150599
>muh 2000 year old books can't be evidence
Why not? Why can't books be evidence?
What if they contain multiple testimonies? Why are you choosing not to believe?
>>
File: 1494889391336.jpg (75KB, 684x660px) Image search: [Google]
1494889391336.jpg
75KB, 684x660px
>>127125551
Its their choice to make
>muh barbaric
Oh please,Christianity has to be one of the least barbaric religions
Just look at Islam/pagan shit
>>
>>127151339
isn't confusion technically an emotion?

...data and lore really did switch places in season 1...
>>
File: 1dc.png (37KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1dc.png
37KB, 680x680px
>>127125551
>>
File: beyond mad.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
beyond mad.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>127135014
>he didn't make us bad
>the Jewish God makes Adam and Eve, and the serpent, and the tree of knowledge, and the tree of life
>and is omniscient, and omnipresent
You can't seriously believe this, right?
>he didn't want to die on the cross
Then why die on a cross?
>he loved us and pitied us
No, he loves and pities Jews. They're his "chosen people" even by your Bible.

>>127135363
this anon gets it, your "god" is setting you up to fail and you just wring your hands and smugly go "oh we tried to warn him with our unconvincing bullshit, haha deus vult my fellow nonwhites"

A quick question for the Christcucks: Would you rather your daughter marry an agnostic white man, or a Christian nigger?
>>
File: islam is european.png (265KB, 574x984px) Image search: [Google]
islam is european.png
265KB, 574x984px
>>127136142
>he literally sets you up to fail and gets mad when you fail
Some father he is, back in my day fathers would actually teach their kids right and wrong directly, not threaten other people into being his middlemen.
>>
>>127125551

When a Christian believes you have chosen a path that will lead you to burn in hell for eternity, the Christian prays for you to repent and find salvation by accepting Christ as your savior. They do not pray for you to burn in hell, but rather, as the Lord's Prayer says, to "deliver us from evil." They pray for your salvation, not your condemnation.

If you don't believe in hell, then why are you concerned that someone else does, and is praying for you to be saved from it?
>>
>>127151782
Do people who praise the bible actually read it?
>>
File: Trump and Religion.jpg (18KB, 588x234px) Image search: [Google]
Trump and Religion.jpg
18KB, 588x234px
>>127152148
You seem like a 12 year old child who has been on /pol/ for two weeks

>You can't seriously believe this, right?
Free will

>Then why choose to die on a cross?
Many reasons. To show that death could be conquered

>No, he loves and pities Jews
Just wrong.

>Christcucks
Cringe

>Would you rather your daughter marry an agnostic white man, or a Christian nigger?
Neither
>>
Eastern Orthodox Christians don't believe such nonsense.
>>
lets see an explanation to these scenarios
god makes everything happen and has a plan that those things will happen
i dont believe
therefore he planned it/made it happen (dont say muh free will bc if he knew it would happen it was planned, not free will)
why am i in trouble for this
second scenario
god either sits idly while children get raped, or he sends the rapist to the child. its one of two....
>>
if god knows everything that will ever happen then how should i be in trouble if he knew id go to hell
shouldnt a loving god intervene and stop that
>>
>>127152148
>Genesis isn't meant to be taken literally
>Then when did Jesus have to really actually in real life need to get tortured and killed

On a serious level, two separate Gods.

>the serpent lied
>ye shall be as God's
>"ye are gods" - Jesus
>>
>>127153154
>dont say muh free will
>i cant take care of my actions
every atheist
>>
>>127152280
There is a mouse in your meme picture.

Also, yes, we would be arguing with you if we were Muslims and you wanted to introduce some LARPY polytheistic religion that had been abandoned for millenia instead of just arguing for nationalism. The arguments would be more or less the same- even ignoring that Islam isn't Christianity
>>
File: varg on christianity.png (34KB, 541x177px) Image search: [Google]
varg on christianity.png
34KB, 541x177px
>>127152951
>You seem like a 12 year old child who has been on /pol/ for two weeks
Do I really remind you of yourself that much? Such a narcissist...

>Free will
How can it be "free will" if your all-powerful, all-seeing God ALREADY knows what you will do, and had created you fully knowing this?
>Many reasons. To show that death could be conquered
Why a cross specifically? Why even die? And human death wasn't conquered even by this act, since Christians believe Jesus WAS God.
>Just wrong.
Not an argument
>Cringe
It must cut you deep, Christcuck. Or maybe you tune it out, just like all the other valid criticisms of your semitic religion.
>Neither
Uh oh, somebody is a bad Christian. Haven't you heard the good word, all are equal under God? To deny your daughter a marriage to that Christian nigger is a direct contradiction of the church's teachings. Looks like you're going to be burning right next to me, and you still wasted all that time and money eating wafers and sipping from a communal cup of wine. Sad!

>Trump and religion
Wow, the religion that stole the most from paganism is also the most based, but only just barely? Really makes you think!
>>127153509
>two separate gods
Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
>>127153576
>abandoned for millenia
It hasn't been abandoned, it's been subverted and integrated. Half of European Christianity is plagiarized paganism, what would be SO difficult in removing the Jewish parts of your religion?
>>
>>127153823
God knows but you dont, he's testing you right now, you can accept Christ and be saved right now
>>
File: Darwin Altar small[1].jpg (54KB, 316x247px) Image search: [Google]
Darwin Altar small[1].jpg
54KB, 316x247px
>>127150599
Because the alternative is ridiculous
>WE WUZ FISH N SHIET
I don't have the faith to be a Darwinian evotard.
>NO GOYIM STOP QUESTIONING
>SETTLED "SCIENCE"
Darwinian evolution is not experimental science, and Natural selection=/=Darwinian evolution.
>>
>>127154528
>God knows
>God is testing you
How can this possibly make sense to you? God already knows the outcome of test, the test is meaningless and redundant.
>>
>>127154692
but you dont know the outcome, the test is for you, you will believe you can believe, or you will believe you were made to not believe?
>>
>>127125551
I'm an atheist, and I don't really get why so many liberal faggots get so hung up on this. They really get seriously butmad because some religious person thinks they're going to hell. I don't get it, help me out.
>>
File: paganism.jpg (68KB, 430x324px) Image search: [Google]
paganism.jpg
68KB, 430x324px
>>127153823
>How can it be "free will" if your all-powerful, all-seeing God ALREADY knows what you will do, and had created you fully knowing this?
Because you're still choosing

>Why a cross specifically? Why even die? And human death wasn't conquered even by this act, since Christians believe Jesus WAS God.
Jesus was wholly man as well as wholly God.

>To deny your daughter a marriage to that Christian nigger is a direct contradiction of the church's teachings
Another complete invention, along with the idea that God only loves Jews. Bearing false witness is a sin.

>religion that stole the most from paganism
Yes, all those Palestinian Jews travelled around Europe stealing from your totally based sodomitic child-murdering pagans. This was hidden knowledge until recently Varg the murderer found out

>Half of European Christianity is plagiarized paganism
The dates of certain holidays have little to do with the religion itself. Paganism is wholly different, and doesn't even have the concept of sin. How are you helping your society by destroying such an important idea? Without sin, everything is permitted
>>
>>127154692

God knows but you dont , thats the whole point , imagine you just pop in existence in hell and god says you belong there because he knows you dont belong in heaven
>>
There is no God. We're all cosmic farts in the wind
>>
>>127152148
>The Earth is BRAZILIANS of years old, trust me, goyim, based on this fucking arbitrary test which assumes that the ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14 has always remained constant during Earth's history, even though I have no actual proof of this, just a rigid Uniformatarian worldview necessitated by vicious and irrationally zealous absolute Naturalism
>ALL THE FUCKING HIGHER VERTIBRATES CONVIENTLY APPEAR SUDDENLY IN THE CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION (for no apparent reason)
You can't seriously believe this, right?
>>
>>127155030
Maybe it's an example of Kaczynski referred to as an "oversocialization" among liberals. They just can't bear to have people think negative things about them and their lifestyle choices, and that they may somehow be wrong. Their ego just won't allow such a horrible affront to stand. Pathetic, really. I don't give a shit if Charlie Church thinks I'm going to hell for being an unbelieving sinner, doesn't mean a goddamn thing to me.
>>
>>127151889
In the past: Blood-hungry religion successfully used to justify basically just about absolutely any atrocity whatsoever.

Today: Nearly all people ignore most of the bible even among "Christians". The vast majority hasn't even made an attempt to read more than a few pages and only had some selection from a few dozen pages read by their preacher. So it's no wonder they *can't* do anything but basically ignore it.

Modern Christian nations go essentially purely with modern laws instead (which aren't tied to the bible really closely at all). This avoids endless bloodshed over interpretation issues of unclear sections in the bible and many other problems.

Modern pagans are pretty much not a problem for much of the same reason, they also generally follow modern laws.

>>127152644
Most who praised the bible in my presence never read much of it at all, no. Be it those that did in person or on the internet.
>>
Also i believe some people say that God deliberately 'entered time' when He made the universe, and when He then gave humans free will, He really did give up his ability to see the future
>>
>>127155423
[fact free secular rambling]
>>
File: 1434329733492.jpg (18KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1434329733492.jpg
18KB, 285x298px
>>127154528
>>127154692
>>127154874
"No one undergoing a trial should say, "I am being tempted by God." For God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself doesn't tempt anyone. " James 1:13

We deal with our own shit. God is a timeless entity he has seen every possible outcome to any possible choice anyone has made. What matters is what we actually do.
>>
>>127154692
God doesn't know the future because the future doesn't exist (yet) and we have free will.
But because God is omnipotent, he can bend reality at any point in time to align to his will, accomplishing His predictions.
(This principle is the same reason that God cannot create a stone too heavy for Himself to lift.)
Otherwise this world is nothing more than mental masturbation and entirely meaningless.
>>
>>127129472
Youre stupid. Learn to read before you go to Hell.
>9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
>>
>>127145535
Proddies BTFO
Works cannot be separated from Faith
Faith cannot be separated from Works
>>
>>127154874
>but you dont know the outcome, the test is for you
But I'll never know the outcome, and why have a test for me if the test is pointless to the test-giver?
...Or I can believe there is no test, which is what everyone else did before Christianity infected Europe.

>Because you're still choosing
No. I'm. not. If I was created by an all-powerful being who knew everything, then he by definition created every action I will take. He also created the environment I live in, as well as everyone else. Everything he created is his own responsibility.
>Jesus was wholly man as well as wholly God.
That's a complete contradiction. I might as well say I am wholly man as well as wholly woman.

>Yes, all those Palestinian Jews travelled around Europe stealing from your totally based pagans
The Jews did travel all around Europe, it was only Christian kingdoms who invited them in the first place, and yes the original Christians did steal from paganism in order to coerce converts. They then murdered those who still held true to themselves. Then they murdered a lot of other people, including other Christians. What a lovely religion that has stabilized and unified Europe.

>sodomitic child-murderers
Christians have done the same and much worse. All the pro-LGBT and immigration churches, not to mention the pedophiles in the Catholic (and who knows what other) churches.

>The dates of certain holidays have little to do with the religion itself
It isn't just the days, it's the traditions and the customs as well. Christmas trees, the concept of Santa Claus, the food... none of it is Christian. You don't find it ironic that the holiday most associated with your religion has nothing to do with your religion? Your "savior" wasn't even born in the same MONTH: http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/when-was-jesus-born
>>
File: varg on feminism.jpg (199KB, 898x449px) Image search: [Google]
varg on feminism.jpg
199KB, 898x449px
>>127155774
>"No one undergoing a trial should say, "I am being tempted by God." For God is not tempted by evil, and He Himself doesn't tempt anyone. "
First off, the Bible is the most ridiculously phrased book that is taken seriously by a large number of people.
>God is a timeless entity he has seen every possible outcome to any possible choice anyone has made. What matters is what we actually do.
But what "we actually do" was always his choice, when he created us and our circumstances.
>>127155943
>God doesn't know the future
Then he's not all-powerful. Also, there are plenty of instances in the Bible where God knows the future or at least predicts it. For example, he tells Moses that he will harden Pharaoh's heart (Why does he do this?) and that he will have to send plagues upon Egypt (Why?) and kill every first-born son of Egypt (Why?)
Yahweh sounds like a huge asshole.
>>
>>127156218

quotes revelation prophecy thinks its doctrine ,does not know what the mark is or the image or the beast it self .

what denomination are you again> i am guessing cathocuck they are focused on the eternal punishment in hell
>>
>>127155423
Today: Nearly all people don't really study science even among the "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" crowd. The vast majority can't separate theory from dogma and they are largely taught from brainwashed teachers and (((Mass Media))).
Modern Secular nations are vulnerable to communists and Islamists. The Islamists enable the socialists to justify staying in power through voting manipulation.
>>
>>127156465
>and why have a test for me if the test is pointless to the test-giver?
why do you say it's pointless, if you believe you are saved by Christ, thats a win

>He also created the environment I live in, as well as everyone else.
that i agree, he said that for rich people it would be more difficult to enter God’s kingdom, but not impossible

and the other things i didnt point out
>>
>>127156961
You can't know something that doesn't exist, dipshit.
>>
>>127156456

christians can be seperated from jews ? yes ... The jews have works the christians have faith
>>
>>127145535
>What do you think he meant by this
It means youre going to Hell.
>And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

>And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

>For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

>But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
>>
>>127156961
>"predicts" the future by changing the present
exactly what I said
>>
>>127156465
also:

>If I was created by an all-powerful being who knew everything, then he by definition created every action I will take.
God do not force you to take the action you take, that infringe free will
>>
>>127144384
Independent Fundamental Baptists

Don't listen to Catholics, as you are aware... they dont even read the Bible let alone believe it.

Pic related, one of the many things they deleted or rewrote to fit their Roman heresy.
>>
>>127157211
>saved by Christ
Wait, how would Christ save me from the decision that God made me commit to?
>>127157237
You're right, you don't actually know that your Jewish faith is a lie.
>>127157381
What exactly makes that different from "knowing the future?" He has all the power to change it.
>>127157492
Then that returns me to the beginning, where I said "How is it free will if he created me and knows everything I will do?"
God DID force me to take whatever action because god created me, he made every aspect of my personality and he also made all the situations that shaped my experiences.
If god is real, then my actions are subject to his decisions
>>
File: Jewish hatred of Christianity.png (1MB, 1660x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Jewish hatred of Christianity.png
1MB, 1660x1968px
>>127156465
>every action I will take
Of course, but it doesn't mean you aren't choosing your actions. You are able to think, and choose, which is what having a will means

>That's a complete contradiction. I might as well say I am wholly man as well as wholly woman.
One is a contradiction one isn't.

>The Jews did travel all around Europe, it was only Christian kingdoms who invited them in the first place, and yes the original Christians did steal from paganism in order to coerce converts. They then murdered those who still held true to themselves. Then they murdered a lot of other people, including other Christians. What a lovely religion that has stabilized and unified Europe.
Your theories are just ridiculously stupid. In what year did they travel around the beloved sodomites of Europe, who sacrificed children and animals to Jupiter, and steal all their traditions? How soon before writing the New Testament?

>Christians have done the same and much worse. All the pro-LGBT and immigration churches, not to mention the pedophiles in the Catholic (and who knows what other) churches.
It's not even comparable. Even those Churches don't teach these things as a religious duty. And as you know those are very recent developments. So dishonest!

>It isn't just the days, it's the traditions and the customs as well. Christmas trees, the concept of Santa Claus, the food... none of it is Christian
And those aren't part of the religion.
Why have those been emphasised in place of Christ? Pic related

>Your "savior" wasn't even born in the same MONTH:
And nobody said he was.
>>
>>127157292
James 2:14-17
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
>>
>>127157063
> Nearly all people don't really study science even among the "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE" crowd.
But that's certainly different from them claiming to be scientists?!

The people you refer to are merely are claiming to be a "fan club" of what scientists and engineers do, due to what the whole process around the scientific method produces. [You know, cars, iPhones, airplanes, whatever].

Christians claim they actually ARE Christians rather than, say, fans of the religious artwork churches produced in their decorative windows. Actually being Christians should imply they should have read the bible.
>>
>>127157769
>Then that returns me to the beginning, where I said "How is it free will if he created me and knows everything I will do?"
>God DID force me to take whatever action because god created me, he made every aspect of my personality and he also made all the situations that shaped my experiences.
>If god is real, then my actions are subject to his decisions
You view the world as a indignant, spoiled woman that is full of vanity and self entitlement.

The world owes you absolutely nothing, snowflake.

God gave you and everyone else everything they have and ever will have. Stop being a cutterfag queermo and take responsibility for your own terminal faggotry.
>>
File: sillyboobs.jpg (104KB, 468x700px) Image search: [Google]
sillyboobs.jpg
104KB, 468x700px
>>127125551

But not all Christians believe that. Whether the Bible even mentions hell is debatable at best.

>"But the Bible clearly states...!"

In English, maybe - and even that is subject to interpretation. Translating words across lingual, cultural, and historical contexts (from the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek into English) is a hard business. Understanding what the original authors would have intended requires a great deal of study. Do some reading:

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/05/26/putting-hell-back-in-the-handbasket/putting-hell-back-in-the-handbasket.pdf

And if you are going to argue against what's in the article, at least have the decency to read it first. And don't forget to apply reading comprehension! Last time I posted this, I got arguments from people who didn't seem to realize that the article was actually agreeing with them.
>>
>>127125551

> Majority of the world either hates God, doesn't want to bother knowing him or hopes he doesn't exist.
> God's mean for not forcing all them to spend eternity with someone they hate.

Why do you think you should spend eternity with God if you hate him OP? He's giving people both what they want and what they deserve. Nothing unjust about that. In fact, it's absolute justice. And if you want to ask why people have to go to hell OP, the answer is they don't have to. You don't. You could fix it right now. Just bend your knee, accept your place in respect towards your creator, repent of your wickedness which is ingrained in all of us, and seek out the gift of salvation he gives anyone who asks. Jesus is God, he added humanity to himself so he can substitute for you in your deserved punishment and he's fully divine so he could bear it unlike you. Know him and you will be made clean. Dont fall for fedora memes. Materialism is dead and the universe acts in ways that requires inputs independent of time and space. Research it.

Also, hell is everlasting destruction of the Spirit which is what happens when you are separated from Goodness and being left to your own. The fire and maggots are metaphorical for the spiritual destruction and even the most hardcore fire and brimstone preachers like Johnathan Edwards taught that. At the very least read something basic from someone like C.S. Lewis.

>Hell begins with a grumbling mood, always complaining, always blaming others... but you are still distinct from it. You may even criticize it in yourself and wish you could stop it. But there may come a day when you can no longer. Then there will be no you left to criticize the mood or even to enjoy it, but just the grumble itself, going on forever like a machine. It is not a question of God "sending us" to hell. In each of us there is something growing, which will BE hell unless it is nipped in the bud.
>>
It's a common misconception that Hell is eternal, God is not a sadist. All evil WILL be burned to ashes, but an eternal pointless torture chamber is a Roman Catholic fantasy.
>>
>>127158014

It was about being judged on your works only like atheist will be judged
Revelation 20
> 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

its not about that ,you do good works because you have faith
>>
File: varg upside down.jpg (30KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
varg upside down.jpg
30KB, 208x206px
>>127157795
>You are able to think, and choose, which is what having a will means
But God created my mind and my soul, yes? Ergo he created everything decision I would make, so it is not free will. You'd like to think it is free will so you will go to heaven, but if God is an all-powerful creator then he already knew where we would go after death.
>One is a contradiction one isn't.
It makes no sense that someone is both entirely mortal and entirely immortal. At least Greek pagans had the concept of demigods, but Jesus isn't a demigod.
>In what year did they travel around the beloved sodomites of Europe, who sacrificed children and animals to Jupiter, and steal all their traditions?
I'm referring to the Christianization of Europe in general, over time. And the goat-fucking shepherds who developed your religion also sacrificed food to their god. You're not paying attention at all. The original Christians never had such a concept of Christmas until they stuck their claws in Europe and wanted to spread their faith. Part of that was adopting European paganism, and you cannot be so dull in the head to deny that.
>And as you know those are very recent developments.
Recent developments in the age of technology mean these developments will last much longer and have more impact than previous developments.
>Even those Churches don't teach these things as a religious duty
Yes they do, they demand their followers accept and love LGBT people without the gays reverting from sin.
>And those aren't part of the religion.
My point exactly, everyone relates the BEST parts of your most important holidays to paganism. Christianity without European paganism would literally be too boring of a religion in the modern age, as well as when it originally spread to Europe.
>And nobody said he was.
"Today we gather to celebrate Christ's birth..." -every pastor on December 25th
>>
>>127157769
What is a lie to an atheist? Nothing but chemicals inside your brain bub. Your death would mean nothing because there is no meaning to life. Go kill yourself if you are so resolute in this belief. After all, you're just atoms, the knife is just atoms, your dead body is just atoms, anybody who would ever care for you after your death is just atoms.
>>
>>127157769
>Wait, how would Christ save me from the decision that God made me commit to?

that everyone sin, that nobody is perfect, and only through Christ's sacrifice we are allowed to reach God's grace

>God DID force me to take whatever action because god created me, he made every aspect of my personality and he also made all the situations that shaped my experiences.

you have your family, nobody chose where to born,that's true
but you grow up, you start learning other things and start making your own choices

maybe from young age you cut yourselve playing with a knife, in adulthood you know knife cut and you will treat them more carefully

same with salvation, people since forever are been told us to accept Christ, to be saved by him and dodge that cut from the knife that is eternal damnation, but we still want to try eternal cut, we want to see to believe
>>
>>127158186
>But not all Christians believe that. Whether the Bible even mentions hell is debatable at best.

This i have been a agnostic for 20 years before becoming christian but also in christianity its better to be agnostic then to blindly follow a belief from one of the 300 denominations , if you are wrong you became the false teacher when you are preaching
>>
>>127157747
"Catholics don't read the bible"... classic
Did you know that the old testament never numbered the Ten Commandments? All that we know is that there are supposed to be ten. http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0220.htm#1
There were no proper line breaks.
>>
>>127135465
You clearly haven't picked up a bible. It clearly states that the wages of sin is death; we are born into a world filled with sin. As such, we are susceptible to the consequences of it: death. No one is free from sin on this worth. For this reason, everyone will have a physical death.
>>
>>127158139
>REEEE GOD MADE EVERY ASPECT OF YOU BUT YOU ALSO SOMEHOW HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE

>the world owes you nothing, snowflake
Fucking hell, go back to r*ddit. I never said the world owed me SHIT, you Christcucks are the ones saying I owe a Jewish god my eternal thanks for not killing me and torturing me forever.

>God gave you and everyone else everything they have and ever will have
Really? So he also gave me all the choices I've made and will make? Great pit you dug yourself into, keep going I'm sure you'll hit rock bottom soon enough.
>>127158665
I'm not an atheist. You're assuming too much.
Also, considering Christians believe in Armageddon, isn't your life just as pointless? God's just going to kill everyone anyways. I know they say suicide is a sin, but maybe that's because life with a definitive end and creator is pointless to the drones forced to live in it.

>>127158692
What part of Christ's sacrifice allows me to reach God's grace in the first place, specifically?

>but you grow up, you start learning other things and start making your own choices
Yes, but God made the neighborhood where I grew up, and he made all my friends and enemies, and he made everything I ever did anything with. Where do I have any ACTUAL choice in this? He made my mind and how it processes information.

>people since forever are been told us to accept Christ
And what of people who live on isolated islands in the Pacific ocean, are they exempt?
>>
>>127158560
>And the goat-fucking shepherds who developed your religion also sacrificed food to their god

you are not paying attention, the prophets were people of knowledge
medics, politicians, soldiers, do you think everybody knew how to write and read back then?

also you are larping with paganism
did you know who destroyed those pagan shrines?
God through Christians, i dont know what you are defending
>>
>>127158560
>It makes no sense that someone is both entirely mortal and entirely immortal
It does if you know what you're talking about

>Yes they do, they demand their followers accept and love LGBT people without the gays reverting from sin.
Not comparable, and very few Churches. Clearly not very much part of the religion. Is this not dishonest?

>everyone relates the BEST parts of your most important holidays to paganism.
Been over this. Don't prove your point at all.

>"Today we gather to celebrate Christ's birth"
Doesn't prove your point at all
>>
>>127152148
The Jews were his chosen people because they, for a time, obeyed him. They were closest to hi. There have been several instances whew they have fallen from His favor, and with the death, burial, and redirection of Jesus, all have access to God through thr Holy Spirit; the "favorites" are those who repent nd seek Him
>>
>>127159237
are you saying you dont chose your friends and enemies? are you saying you cant move out of your neighborhood if you want?

>And what of people who live on isolated islands in the Pacific ocean, are they exempt?

we have internet and tv now, i believe very few people dont know about Christ by now
>>
>>127158560
You seem to illogically believe that knowledge of a free agent's future actions = control over/responsibility for said actions. Allow me to demonstrate how this is illogical.

>you know your son loves hamburgers and hates hotdogs
>you offer him a choice between the two
>you know before he even makes the choice that he will choose hamburgers, even though he had complete free will
Therefore, knowledge (certain, in the case of an omniscient entity) of a free agent's future choice does not mean that you bear responsibility for the free agent's choice.
>>
>>
>>127125551
Except they don't.
The prevailing belief in Christianity is "don't be a total hedonistic retard and you can go to heaven. God is pretty understanding"
>>
File: 1495646927138.jpg (148KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1495646927138.jpg
148KB, 750x728px
>Ateo-cretins repeat jew-communist propaganda, episode 122987.

Militant-atheists are the most pathetic people on Earth.
So insecure, they must always repeat the dumbest shit jew-communists tell them.
Don't forget to apologise for being white today!
Good goims!
>>
File: varg slays mediteraneans.png (52KB, 864x415px) Image search: [Google]
varg slays mediteraneans.png
52KB, 864x415px
>>127159375
>the prophets were people of knowledge
The only witnesses to Christ's birth were shepherds. The three wise men were never credited with writing it down.

>did you know who destroyed those pagan shrines?
Christians, who still practice paganism in many ways.
>God through Christians, i dont know what you are defending
I'm trying to defend the last pieces of my heritage and people, what exactly are you defending?
>>127159420
>It does if you know what you're talking about
Oh, but don't bother trying to explain it at all.
>Clearly not very much part of the religion. Is this not dishonest?
If you're going to say "it's dishonest to call Christians sodomite pedophiles just because SOME are," then you will have to acknowledge the same of ancient pagans.
>Been over this. Don't prove your point at all.
>Doesn't prove your point at all
Now you're just denying arguments instead of addressing them.

>>127159483
Where in the bible does it say the Jews are currently NOT God's chosen people?
>>
File: 53.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
reminder pagans think christians hold conservative beliefs because of christmas trees
>>
File: ATHEISTS BTFO.png (82KB, 640x926px) Image search: [Google]
ATHEISTS BTFO.png
82KB, 640x926px
>>127159796
These atheist cucks are an embarrassment lmao. They're officially more liberal than fucking kikes.
>>
>>127125551

"BURN" IN HELL? THE FIRST LIE OF THINE SO CALLED "CHURCH" WAS THAT GOD'S HOLY SYMBOL OF FIRE COULD BE SYNONYMOUS WITH SUFFERING! HELL IS ICE AND FROZEN LAKE (dante's inferno "the only realm satan himself resides")
>>
>>127159872
> acknowledge the same of ancient pagans.
It's a question of degree. Get a brain moran
>>
>>127160011
>treating fan fiction as canon
>>
>>127159872
arent you from USA? wtf
>>
>>127159535
I do choose my friends and enemies, because I don't believe Yahweh created me. If Yahweh DID create me, then I didn't choose my friends and enemies at all. Yahweh created them and how all our minds work, which means he knows how we would interact.
If I did move out of my neighborhood, it wouldn't be my choice. God shaped my mind that, after all. It was his will that I left, because he created every single aspect of my life. Is it even MY life?
>we have internet and tv now, i believe very few people dont know about Christ by now
Fine, the island people who died between the birth of Christ and the invention of TV. Where are they in the after life?
>>127159621
>you know your son loves burgers
Sure, but I'm not omnipotent. I don't know to an infinite degree of certainty that he LOVES burgers, I just know based on my own experiences.
>does not mean you bear responsibility
Yes it does. If I offer my son a poisoned hamburger and a regular hotdog, and I know infinitely that he'll take the hamburger, then I am a murderer.
>>127160072
>question of degree
The Church is currently more powerful than any other religious organization in Europe, I'd say they have the largest degree and range of homos and pedos in the history of the world. All of that power, too.
>>
>>127159142
> All that we know is that there are supposed to be ten.
That's basically just a way to describe these. The number was chosen completely outside of the bible, wasn't it? Basically, someone figured out that you can sum the section's essence up to describing ten things you should / shouldn't do and called it the ten commandments and it stuck at some point.
>>
>>127160279
Believe it or not but I was also an altar boy.
>>
File: 654123645.png (283KB, 537x591px) Image search: [Google]
654123645.png
283KB, 537x591px
>>127159796
>be a kike
>be scared of white nationalist Christians
>spend decades promoting atheism, degeneracy and attacking Christian beliefs
>make up feminism
>literally just a lazy copy-paste of Christianity that has no real laws and swaps out 'sin' for 'privilege', 'Satan' for 'patriarchy' and 'God' for 'equality'
>self-professed skeptic atheists eat it up in droves without batting an eyelid
>American college kids unironically run around saying things like "Don't you believe in equality!? Racist!"
Fucking unreal.
>>
>>127125551
>be protestant
>don't believe any of this

now what?
>>
>>127140624
Left for a bit. Came back to read this. I agree 100%. That's why I try not to judge all of Islam for Sharia Law but whenever I hear 40% of whoever is polled agree with it? I cringe.

I should apologize for my apprehensive attitude earlier. I was shitposting and acting retarded. I'm glad you gave some legit and thought-provoking responses to counter my autism. Thanks.
>>
>>127160180

Actually kike face race disgrace, "scientifically" speaking, the only thing that cant be within the real of "all" (movement/heat/yang/light/god/the sun/etc.) IS NOTHINGNESS (stillness/coldness/yin/satan/the moon/etc.). Pretty convenient earth is the perfect embodiment of the hermetic principal dualism.
>>
>>127125551
most muslims believe everyone else will burn on earth for the rest of their short lives if they don't convert
they win
now fuck off cunt
THIS IS A SHILL THREAD
SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE
>>
>>127126461
That's fucking metal bro
>>
File: AnnoyedFrog.png (95KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
AnnoyedFrog.png
95KB, 300x300px
>>127156961
>But what "we actually do" was always his choice, when he created us and our circumstances

Why the hell would it mean that? Go is simply handling the Video Shop and he knows all the movies by heart, but he didn't direct them or write them, he just spectated them.

If you think about time in a human manner you will never understand. An omnipotent being that time has no influence upon has at the same time experienced everything that has happened and not. We simply pitch in the movies. Yeah, some of them are shit, but the good ones get awarded. That's how it all works.
>>
>>127160360
>Yahweh created them and how all our minds work, which means he knows how we would interact.
he made our minds, but our minds can choose
you are not a fucking automaton, even scy fi people think we will create robots that can think for themselves without our interference
>>
>>127160855
>Go is simply handling the Video Shop and he knows all the movies by heart, but he didn't direct them or write them, he just spectated them.
But he did direct and write them, he is the creator isn't he?
>We simply pitch in the movies
We do as he created us to do. There is no free will unless God doesn't know exactly what he's doing.
>>
>>127159872
It implicitly declared it when the veil of the Jewish temple was torn, denoting that the Jewish rites were no longer needed for forgiveness and connection with God. The veil that separated mankind from the presence of God was no longer needed as every person now can have that relationship through the Holy Spirit. The Jews had a set purpose in time. It's kinda why it became important to "go forth and make disciples of all nations".
>>
>>127125551
That's not even remotely a true statement!

Christians don't say anyone is in Hell (we don't actually want anyone to go there). It's not out place, as humans, to judge others in that capacity. God does all the judging. We just live our lives as followers of Christ, and leave all the heavy-lifting to the divine powers that be.
>>
>>127160965
>he made our minds, but our minds can choose
Our minds will choose based on how he created them. Every event set into motion was an event he caused, and knew would happen.
>even scy fi people think we will create robots that can think for themselves without our interference
Yes, because humans are not all-knowing or all-powerful. That is why robot movies are scary, they represent our creations turning against us.
>>
>>127160581
> I should apologize for my apprehensive attitude earlier.
> I'm glad you gave some legit and thought-provoking responses to counter my autism. Thanks.
No problem.
>>
>>127160979
Can I get a specific passage that refers to that?
>>
>>127161010
>It's not our place, as humans, to judge others in that capacity.
But that shouldn't stop you from warning people that they're being led astray or going down a bad path.
>>
>>127161071
you are arguing about God giving us a mind that cant choose, that's wrong
he did not put everything in our minds already
how do we learn, how do we choose?

that's what we do through this life
>>
>>127129844

How can i burn in a lake of fire if I dont exist?
>>
File: 1485468247207.jpg (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1485468247207.jpg
14KB, 256x256px
>>127160968
Why the fuck does him being the creator means he wrote everything? We can do whatever the hell we want to do, but this is a universe of equivalent exchange with laws governing everything, so to expect things concealed within that jurisdiction to be devoid of consequences for their actions is idiotic.

Free will is what grants you the opportunity to either serve God or tell him FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT. You are free to do whichever you want, but all actions have consequences, some good or some bad. Doing good things will reap good rewards and doing bad reaps bad rewards. Why is it so hard to understand?
>>
I'm beginning to see the reasons for the inquisition and I wish for it's return.
>>
>>127160543

checkmate catholics are all christians ...
>>
>>127161295
If God created my mind, and knows everything, then logically he knows every choice I will make. If he knows every choice I will make, and he made my mind, then he made my choices for me.
My argument is that if God truly made us and he is all-powerful, then we don't learn or choose at all. We just think we do.

>>127161510
>Why the fuck does him being the creator means he wrote everything?
Because he created everything, right? You believe Yahweh is all-powerful and all-seeing, yes?

>Doing good things will reap good rewards and doing bad reaps bad rewards.
That is not true, there are plenty of heroes who died uselessly and were forgotten... and plenty more villains who lived happy, celebrated lives.
>>
>>127126461

if he invited randoms to come, why did he get all pissy when they did? like he tells everyone to show up then gets offended when they're not wearing special clothes? was this written by a teenage girl on her 16th birthday?

seems like his friends knew he was a volatile prick that just like making a big show for himself and just saved themselves the hassle.

what a retarded story.
>>
>>127129644
Barbaric or not, it is the price of refusing salvation.
>>
File: 1433215778275.jpg (41KB, 389x333px) Image search: [Google]
1433215778275.jpg
41KB, 389x333px
>>127161987
>going to a wedding and not wearing wedding clothes
ishygdds
>>
>>127161973
why do you think he knowing what you are going to do implies he forced you to do it?
>>
>>127161113

jesus became the sacrificial lamb hence he is the lamb of god .

John 2
>19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21But he spake of the temple of his body.
>>
File: 1495637426796.jpg (344KB, 713x801px) Image search: [Google]
1495637426796.jpg
344KB, 713x801px
Revelation 2:9 (KJV)

"And I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."
>>
>>127162220
We don't know this man's story at all, he was speechless and didn't even get to defend himself. For all we know, he was poor and couldn't afford wedding clothes. And now he's cold, tied up, and alone in the dark where there is the "gnashing of teeth?" Host seems like an asshole.
>>127162293
Because he made me and he knows what I will do. If I program a computer, and I know that the computer will act on this program, then I forced the computer to act that way.

>>127162321
It's nice that he destroyed and rebuilt some temple, but how is that related to me being saved from infinite burning?
>>
File: 1443880207638.jpg (241KB, 573x771px) Image search: [Google]
1443880207638.jpg
241KB, 573x771px
>>127162393
>>
>>127162434
>We don't know this man's story at all
So why are you making assumptions about it? You're missing the forest for the trees by getting focused on a perceived injustice instead of learning from the metaphor.
>>
>>127162434
>Because he made me and he knows what I will do. If I program a computer, and I know that the computer will act on this program, then I forced the computer to act that way.

but he didnt program all your life, why make you live if that's the case?
>>
However, OP you leave out the bit where Christians prioritize saving those from "burning in hell for all eternity." Also, an attack on anyone's beliefs is a testament to your own morality.
>>
>>127162690
>So why are you making assumptions about it?
You make just as much of an assumption as I do when you perceive the actions taken against the man as justified.
>learning from the metaphor
What is there to learn? God invites people to heaven, none show up. He lets just about anyone in, and then gets mad because one guy isn't wearing the right shirt. He then ties the guy up and leaves him alone, probably with some hungry dogs?

>but he didnt program all your life, why make you live if that's the case?
If he made my mind and my decisions, he did program all my life.
>why make you live
Exactly my point, this whole story about me being created is dumb. It's pointless and contradictory. For that reason I can't possibly believe in Yahweh.
>>
>>127125551
Fucking moron.
Have you looked around lately? This degenerate world fucking deserves to burn. Most of the world is fucking immoral, sick, and worship false idols.
>>
>>127162434
>It's nice that he destroyed and rebuilt some temple, but how is that related to me being saved from infinite burning?

Ah you are a atheist sorry for responding.

i thought we were discussing the methaphor of the torn veil.

>38And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
>>
>>127162955
>If he made my mind and my decisions, he did program all my life.
why told us to learn and choose, why he can judge us on them?
you just dont want to take care of your actions man

>Exactly my point, this whole story about me being created is dumb.
are you saying you dont exist? wtf
>>
>>127162955
I feel bad for you anon - you write as though you are incapable of understanding extended metaphor. The clothes were part of the metaphor.
>>
File: 1429292300609.png (321KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1429292300609.png
321KB, 431x450px
>>127161973
>That is not true, there are plenty of heroes who died uselessly and were forgotten... and plenty more villains who lived happy, celebrated lives.

Having Free Will makes humans a special case. If you notice, everything in the universe functions according to a very specific set of laws like clockwork. With our limited knowledge we can use the external information to make skewed approximations of events based on the observation of the moving parts. Similar to how we use Cesium Atoms for maximum accuracy in time measurement because the cesium atom vibrates a set amount of times per second and reliably so.

But unlike the Cesium Atom, Humans actually have free will. They are the Rebel Particle. The are like a cesium atom that sometimes vibrates 1000 times per second, then a Trillion then not at all. In functionality you would wish the rebel particle to adapt to the laws of the universe, but it's up to the particle to decide if it wants to behave properly or not. That is who we are.

>>127161973
>>Why the fuck does him being the creator means he wrote everything?
>Because he created everything, right? You believe Yahweh is all-powerful and all-seeing, yes?

... okay dude. Jesus specifically mentioned in the sermon of the mount not to cast pearls to the swine, because they would simply not simply ignore them and maybe even attack you, but i'll try to explain it in a simple manner:

The man who invented Chess created all the pieces of the game, the rules of the game, and knows how all pieces function, ergo, understand every possible way in which the pieces can be used in a game.

If you play a game of chess and lose, would you blame the maker of the game because, of all the choices of moves you could've made, you decided to make the ones that led to your loss?
>>
>>127163176
also he didnt made your decisions
>>
>>127161113
Heb 10:19Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
Chapter 9 and 10 go into great detail on the significance of the temple, sacrifice and Christ. This is the veil in the temple that was torn by the earthquake when Christ died. Mathew 27.
Agian you have to read Hebrews 9 and 10
>>
>>127163153
>you are an atheist
I am not an atheist. I just don't buy ONE story about ONE religion, that doesn't mean I believe there is no such thing as god.
In reference to the verse you posted,
>19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21But he spake of the temple of his body.
It doesn't make much sense. Why is he tearing down and then rebuilding a temple, and why is that temple his body now?

>>127163176
>why told us to learn and choose, why he can judge us on them?
Because that isn't real.
>you just dont want to take care of your actions man
But I do want to take care of my actions, which is why I don't think Yahweh created me.
>are you saying you dont exist? wtf
I'm saying a vengeful Jewish god likely had nothing to do with my creation. I know that I exist.
>>
>>127162434

People make these sorts of arguments all the time, but human logic has no bearing on what God might be capable of achieving, because by definition he isn't restrained by the physical or logical laws of this universe.

As such, God could create a rock so heavy even he couldn't lift it, but then go ahead and lift it anyways, because causality doesn't necessarily operate in the same manner in all realms. Same thing goes for free will if taken in the literal sense of "God creates everything but is also all-knowing."

But there. For example, it is possible he merely elects to not know about what is going on in a person's life until death, thus allowing free will to exist. it's not a very good counterargument against God in general, but realistically the only counterargument that sways most people is "This doesn't make sense to me and it sounds silly, and I have no reason to care / am limited by it," which is the real motivation for most atheists IMO - all the other arguments just rationalize that belief.
>>
>>127163458
the problem here is that you don't believe God gave us free will
God creating our minds have nothing to do with him interfering with it
>>
File: 1475459340549.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475459340549.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>127163387
>The man who invented Chess created all the pieces of the game, the rules of the game, and knows how all pieces function, ergo, understand every possible way in which the pieces can be used in a game.

>If you play a game of chess and lose, would you blame the maker of the game because, of all the choices of moves you could've made, you decided to make the ones that led to your loss?

that's a good analogy
>>
>>127163386
>you don't understand the metaphor
>(but neither do I, since I'm not currently explaining it)
Wow, you sure convinced me
>>127163387
>But unlike the Cesium Atom, Humans actually have free will.
I don't think you have much experience with the study of chemistry. Neither do I, to be fair.
Nothing you said about the cesium atom's movements seems to be related to why humans somehow have free will.

>Jesus specifically mentioned in the sermon of the mount not to cast pearls to the swine, because they would simply not simply ignore them and maybe even attack you
Jesus doesn't want you to explain anything about Christianity? What about me is swine-like to you?

>The man who invented Chess created all the pieces of the game, the rules of the game, and knows how all pieces function, ergo, understand every possible way in which the pieces can be used in a game.
It's a nice metaphor but God didn't just create a game, he created everything. He created the chess board, the pieces, the combinations of movements, and the PLAYERS. Since he created the players and he is all-knowing, he must have known who would win the game.

>If you play a game of chess and lose, would you blame the maker of the game?
When I play a game of chess and win/lose, it is my own fault because I had nothing to do with the creation of the game or its rules. I am entirely separate from the game as an entity.
But when you talk about the Creator of Everything, you must include everything. That includes the players, their minds, and their decisions. A game with God seems to be rigged from the start, since he created and controls everything. There cannot be "free will" if God created our wills.
>>
>>127163458
>Why is he tearing down and then rebuilding a temple, and why is that temple his body now?
When he says "this temple" he is refering to himself. Crusified and resurected in three days.
Heb. 9 and 10 go step by step explaining the symbolism
>>
File: 1466082560647.png (200KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1466082560647.png
200KB, 500x283px
>>127164046
>and their decisions.
you keep saying that
>>
>>127164046

> There cannot be "free will" if God created our wills.

Logic breaks down entirely when you start talking about metaphysics, so this whole argument is quite pointless anyways
>>
File: burzum wojak.png (215KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
burzum wojak.png
215KB, 1000x1000px
>>127163469
So the argument is "it's impossible for us to understand, but you better follow it or you are tortured forever." Do you understand why that isn't exactly an appealing concept? Again I'm not an atheist.
>>127163658
>God creating our minds has nothing to do with him interfering with it
But it does. If I build a tower out of legos, then I am responsible for its structure. If God makes my mind, environment, and everything else... he is responsible for how I react to everything.

>>127164188
Your decisions shape who you are as a person, of course I will keep saying that. Maybe you should listen.
>>127164340
>it's all pointless
It is all pointless, and none of it proves that Yahweh is God.
>>
>>127164625
but you arent born with your decisions, that's what you dont get, your make your decisions here
>>
>>127164625
>But it does. If I build a tower out of legos, then I am responsible for its structure. If God makes my mind, environment, and everything else... he is responsible for how I react to everything.

God makes your mind to function in your environment, that can influence you, i agree, but the decisions, you decisions, you make them
>>
>>127131094
>what is Gehenna
>>
>>127164625

> So the argument is "it's impossible for us to understand, but you better follow it or you are tortured forever." Do you understand why that isn't exactly an appealing concept?

Orthodoxy teaches that the presence of God is always the same, and it is the soul in question which decides whether the experience is good or bad. Someone who rejects God will feel agonized in his presence, while someone who welcomes him will see it as soothing. Furthermore, even if you are originally placed in "Hell" - which is a condition more than a place - it is not an eternally unchanging state.

As far as God's actions go, it should be obvious that such an entity would be capable of doing things which are completely alien to us. I fail to see how this is difficult to understand - logic and physics are no constraint to an omnipotent being.
>>
File: 1493835721141.jpg (1MB, 1637x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493835721141.jpg
1MB, 1637x1080px
>>127164046
>Nothing you said about the cesium atom's movements seems to be related to why humans somehow have free will.

The cesium atom does not have a choice in the matter, it vibrates the set amount of times until it eventually expires. Unlike galaxies, solar systems, planets, mass, molecules and overall particles, Human beings can decide if they want to do their job or not. It's seriously simple.
>>127164046
>Jesus doesn't want you to explain anything about Christianity? What about me is swine-like to you?

Humans can analize perceived value, but give something valuable to a pig and he won't care. Hell, he might even trash it. It's an analogy about not wasting time on people who do not want to learn. If you want a more modern version of the saying, how about "You can take a Horse to the river, but you can't make him drink"

>It's a nice metaphor but God didn't just create a game, he created everything. He created the chess board, the pieces, the combinations of movements, and the PLAYERS. Since he created the players and he is all-knowing, he must have known who would win the game.

And this is why i'm BEGGING YOU to understand.

KNOWING the outcome does not mean you CREATED the outcome. If i know every single second of the movie "The Mirror", does that mean i can call myself Tarkovsky and tell everyon i directed it?
>>127164046
>There cannot be "free will" if God created our wills.

We

Are

The Rebel Particle. The rebel particle is not like a calculator that, if properly setup, will give you an accurate answer everytime. Neither is it like a computer that, properly set up, reacts according to the inputs it is provided.

WE can choose if we want to fuck up or not based on our learning experience. Just like a kid makes a lot of mistakes for lack of knowledge, but can grow up to be an influential and intelligent man by learning, it is up to US to determine that.
>>
>>127164994
literally a valley where they burned the dead, figuratively hell
>>
At least christians don't put people in hell for eternity.
>>
>>127135053
Literal goodboy points
>>
File: DAXHQ6xV0AE3RVJ.jpg (37KB, 564x724px) Image search: [Google]
DAXHQ6xV0AE3RVJ.jpg
37KB, 564x724px
>>127164625
I'd like to explain a bit more, but the thread's gonna die already.

RandomNeeds4@outlookDOTcom

There's a disposable e-mail account in case you wanna ask something else or not.

It's your choice after all.
>>
>>127164722
i bet there's a passage about it, i need to look for it, maybe next time we dont waste so much time on this
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.