[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/ business/moodys-downgrad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/business/moodys-downgrades-china-economy-debt.html

Is it happening? Is China about to run into the problems Japan ran into in the 1990s?
>>
Is this picture real?
>>
>>127011935
China is not comparable to Japan. Japan had a real, diversified economy.

China is a country run by slave labor where they invest their capital by building ghost towns in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. They're fucked.
>>
>>127011935
Meh they own Australia and NZ hopefully this shithole will collapse
>>
>>127011935
>China's gonna fail any day now! Says increasingly nervous white man.
>>
>>127011935
there's a reason why the Chinese elite have been buying up property in the US, Canada and Australia
there is a major bubble and people in the know are moving their money out of the country in any way that they can
>>
This just in, white man saying China's going to collapse for the last 30 years is still saying China's going to collapse
>>
>>127012127
the also gave us a fuck load of stuff aswell, gave us technology we couldnt really produce yet without help with the parts and sometimes full labor from japan. Japan does probably still hate us, well the politicians do
>>
>>127012033
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcyYyyaPz84
>>
>>127012127
> China is going to collapse says increasingly nervous man for 187th time
>>
>>127012495
>>127012356
says the samefagging mobile fag.
>>
>>127012587
>le China will be a superpower by 2020 meme.
In your dreams, Chang.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when automation makes chinese slave labor redundant. Will make Mao's famines look like a cakewalk.
>>
>>127012596
Even if I was a samefag remember when their stock market bubble burst a couple months ago and /pol/ was saying it was the end of China. This is literally the same shit
>>
>>127012587
China has been getting worse by the year. You must be blind to ignore all of the huge problems in that house of cards.
>>
>>127011935
I donut have it saved anymore but can some anon link the webms of china apartment buildings just peeling off the side? that alone is reason enough to believe this article has some traction
>>
>>127011935
Much worse. For all the Chinese enthusiasts, there's a reason wealthy Chinese send their kids to the US and Western Europe in droves for education and hopeful citizenship. It's not because their outlook is great in the next 20 years. China pursued a growth structure that makes the US look like the safest in the world, they will not be able to sustain it forever. If the region/world is lucky they will be able to diversify at least somewhat before the inevitable collapse, lessening the severity and length of downtime. China's economy is a lot like their military. Explosive growth without the infrastructure and expertise needed to manage it. Paper thin unfortunately.
>>
Automation is going to put these gook aliens back into the stone age with their 1 billion population banging against the government for jobs.

And their economy is a debt fueled bubble. Shit's gonna crash.
>>
>>127013164
Basically this. The only thing cheaper than slave labor is machine labor. Automation will nuke China, but it'll leave US in a bad shape, and Europe is going to be severely crippled.
>>
>>127013424
US can do alright, companies like Tesla are leading the way with gigafactories. Most people in the US don't work factory jobs anyways.
>>
>>127013063
Yeah, they built up too fast, and improperly structured their economy. China's only got 2 things keeping it relevant - the largest population in the world, and less nukes than France.
>>
>>127013547
Factory jobs aren't the concern for us. The concern is automated cars, sales kiosks, self-checkout machines, and all the other robots coming to take our service sector and transportation sector jobs.

And once half of a company's employees are superannuated, they'll lay off the office workers, making most middle class households collapse as well.
>>
>>127012127
This is appropriate. Japanese and China are too deffirent.
>>
>>127015085
I think the point of reference is relevant, though. China's been fueling their growth in the last few years by building up debt, just like Japan did in the 90s. They've gone from a pretty stable foundation of solid industrial output to blowing a lot of bubbles to sustain their economic growth.

But I do think you're right in that China and Japan are very different. Japan was a nation that had fully industrialized and modernized, and as such, when their economic bubbles collapsed they could still accept the collapse because they were a fully industrialized nation.

China still has legions of peasants and tenant farmers. What's going to happen to THEM if the country's economy goes tits-up?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.