[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we just agree that all religions are delusional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1041.png (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.png
11KB, 250x250px
Why can't we just agree that all religions are delusional and harmful to society?
>>
>>126822396
name me a single suicide bomber in the last 50 years that attacked a major first world city that was a catholic, evangelist, jehovas witness or Lutheran
>>
Because Christianity helped shape European system of societal values and reasoning.
>>
>>126822396
Don't lump Buddhism in with other theist philosophies. They have a fraction of the extremist every religion does and don't advocate for genocide or group suicide.
>>
>>126823008
They might not have killed anyone, but they are still stupid. Any time you meet someone who is religious, you will notice that they are a bit....off, would be a polite way to put it. People who show themselves to be illogical in one area tend to not have a very good command of logic in other areas as well. Just because non Islamic religions don't kill people does not mean that they are a social good.
>>
>>126823507
>Buddhism
>non-theist
Only in Western Buddhism. It is incredibly rare in traditional Buddhism to not have gods.
>>
>>126822396
All our morals and sociertal norms are based on religion. If there is no higher deity to fear, or more specifically, a punishment in the afterlife, you get psychpathic atheist mass murderers like Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot.

Atheism opens the backdoor for communism, thus it's shit too.
>>
>>126823834
Well said, my most enlightened gentlesir! *tips fedora*
>>
>>126823834
I know a few very good religious people.
I know they're good religious people because the only way I found out was by it coming up in conversation rather than them shoving Jesus down my throat every two seconds.
>>
Is Christianity kindergarten Marxism?
>>
>>126822396
i don't agree
>>
>>126824273
I'll bet you have quite a collection to tip, my good sir. You probably cut quite the dashing figure at the gay bath house, tipping that fedora.
>>
>>126824515
Some of them are OK, but I said that they were a bit off. There are lots of nice people who are a bit out there. Religion, however, compels them to attempt to defend logically indefensible positions. When they say things like evolution doesn't exist because clocks don't build themselves or something that stupid, you really have to wonder how much other stupid stuff is in their heads.
>>
Modern society exists because of Christianity. 4chan is 18+ and we don't like ignorant edgy faggots anyway.
>>
>>126822396

well they are but it's kind of like saying hey all drugs are bad for you dont drink coffee or do heroin
>>
File: 1398657028031.jpg (8KB, 275x350px) Image search: [Google]
1398657028031.jpg
8KB, 275x350px
Because MY religion is the real one! Even though there has never in modern history been a single instance of observable evidence that it isn't complete bullshit. Its real to me! Did I mention I'm a fucking retard?
>>
File: 1450488149082.jpg (43KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
1450488149082.jpg
43KB, 332x396px
>>126822396
>>
>>126822396
what if all religions have existencial rights since they hold universal truth?
>>
>>126823008
Let me Google that for you: http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men
>>
>>126827014
Always archive known clickbait sources. If site, dump on archive.is; if youtube video, rewrite domain in link to hooktube.com

http://archive.is/djk3w <- alternet.org article
>>
File: I2KmUhq.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
I2KmUhq.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>126822396

Because, faggot, not all religions are harmful.

Islam and Judaism are both shit-tier just like Scientology and need to be shoah'd immediately.

Others may get a free pass.
>>
>>126822396
orthodox buddhism aint religion
>>
>>126823834
I know the kind of people you are talking about, but these are mostly the American Protestant tier "let's sing about love and loving and love for Jesus and sing praise be I love me some Jesus and if I keep saying Jesus I get another God point to get to heaven". I agree these people are a bit weird, but those are aren't the majority of Christians out there. Once you go to other places in the earth besides america there definitely aren't as many wackos like this. They're around, but certainly a minority.
>>
>>126822396
>they're all bad!
No, Islam needs to go.
>>
>>126822396
Zoroastrianism is the ARYAN Pill
>>
>>126827168
>Judaism
>shit-tier
Do you know anything about judaism? It's actually one of the most fascinating religions, it literally has everything you can imagine
>>
>>126822396
but school of destruction isn't a religion
>>
>>126830049
yea sadly Judaism is by far the best religion
But by far the worst one for anyone who isn't Jewish
Islam ain't shit
>>
>>126822396
100% agree
>>
>>126823502
That it unfortunately did.
>>
Because the Catholic Church rose up from the ashes of pagan Rome, preserving the latter's works from Oblivion. Then developed trade guilds, the university, the Rule of Law, the Scientific Method, double-entry accounting, art and music of unparalleled beauty. All the while, she has survived every empire and thousand-year Reich that tried to kill her off.
>>
File: tibetan.jpg (86KB, 607x528px) Image search: [Google]
tibetan.jpg
86KB, 607x528px
>>
Atheism and secularism, meanwhile, has given us ugly, meaningless art, perpetual war, debt banking, torn the family asunder, and rampant degeneracy and dadaism.

Atheists are the biggest hypocrites of them all. If there's no God, then there's no reason to not go completely blackpill. You're a sack of meat who will be forgotten.
>>
File: slurp.jpg (69KB, 630x458px) Image search: [Google]
slurp.jpg
69KB, 630x458px
>>126832194
>Christian take on the blackpill
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.