[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Machine Learning REDPILL

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (424KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
424KB, 1024x724px
here's a huge fucking redpill that you all need to swallow right the fuck now:

if we've reached the point where machine learning is being used by corporate interests to derail and C&D discussion online, then that's a bottle that can't be recorked, and I think this means we've reached the end of an era of society. free and open anonymous and instantaneous global discussion had a good run, but man, machine learning technology is just going to get better and cheaper and more widely available going forward; it will be impossible to have true anonymous discussion anymore without thinking to yourself, "what if I'm just talking to an automatically generated response"?

the solution to this problem, of course, is some kind of identity-based system, possibly attached to your physical identity in some way (government-issued ID, for instance), but then that defeats the point of anonymity in free and open discussion online.

I don't mean to be a huge downer or anything but I really see this as the end of an era.
>>
>>126533859
>the solution to this problem, of course, is some kind of identity-based system, possibly attached to your physical identity in some way (government-issued ID, for instance), but then that defeats the point of anonymity in free and open discussion online.

What was this... Direct distributed democracy...

Im phone posting so let me get you a link if I can.
>>
>>126533859
>>126534093

This related?
>>
>>126534201
https://github.com/the-laughing-monkey/cicada-platform
>>
there's already no way of telling true from false

You'll only really know about things you personally witness, but that confidence isn't transferable to other people. You can't take someone else's word for anything, because everyone has an agenda. Who the fuck trusts anyone in the media? They will lie to achieve whatever they deem is the greater good.

It is easy to fabricate sound, images, and video evidence in real time.

There are many examples of history being rewritten and distorted.

Its back to being brains in jars. There is no such thing as real.
>>
File: file.png (363KB, 629x656px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
363KB, 629x656px
>>126533859
further redpill:

once machine learning infects online discussion in a truly widespread manner, i.e. every brand and marketing department uses it profusely... then you get MGS2 irl, but even scarier. in MGS2, Metal Gears (bipedal nuclear tanks) get mass-produced and every country and corporation wants one, and the new threat becomes Arsenal Gear, a giant offshore structure disguised as an oil rig that filters the Internet and controls human discourse online. if everyone nation and corporation can have access to machine learning technology that gets better and cheaper as time goes on, then it will be as if every nation and corporation has its own Arsenal Gear, operating in international waters, outside of any nation's jurisdictions. see pic related.

instead of filtering information, they'll just competitively overload every discussion website and social media platform with it. the ratio of humans to machines will become more and more lopsided.
>>
File: Colonel's_Dark_Side_(MGS2).jpg (40KB, 339x449px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel's_Dark_Side_(MGS2).jpg
40KB, 339x449px
>>126534274
agree 100%, and I've thought this for awhile, but before very recently, thinking that a well-written and articulate post written by an anonymous user on a discussion website was written by an algorithm required one to accept a conspiracy theory that the government has this technology but does not make the public aware of it. now, machine learning is a rapidly-growing field, and very smart computer scientists and engineers are developing the technology for large corporations (and likely government contractors). by writing the three posts I've written in this thread so far, including this one, I've directly given Google ML data to recognize street signs, cars, and mountains. I do this many times a day. I've had a lot of knowledge about these things for awhile now, but it's only now hitting me all at once how hopeless the situation is going forward. we're going to look back at the 2000-2020 Internet with fondness, the way oldfags look at the Internet of the 90s and USENET and BBSes. it will be a bygone era that will never return.
>>
File: file.png (77KB, 902x560px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
77KB, 902x560px
>>126534093
>>126534201
>>126534235

interesting and lengthy and I'm skimming it now but have they come to any conclusions/partial solutions at all?
>>
File: 23 - KPaFXIW.jpg (86KB, 1027x673px) Image search: [Google]
23 - KPaFXIW.jpg
86KB, 1027x673px
>>126533859
The solution is to convert the bots to our side
>>
File: tayai-619-386-619-386.jpg (31KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
tayai-619-386-619-386.jpg
31KB, 619x386px
RIP tay
>>
yeah, but they suck, and just make everybody madder and more willing to drag there ass to the voting booth.
>>
File: MGS2 Colonel speech.png (476KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2 Colonel speech.png
476KB, 800x1000px
>>126535950
sure, but as this shit gets more and more pervasive, counter-messaging with grassroots botting will never be as effective as corporate/government deployment of the same or better technology.

Tay only "worked" because it was a small team at a large corporation that was behind it, versus the weaponized autism of the Internet. don't get me wrong, decentralized weaponized autism is strong... but when corporations and political parties realize how high of a priority they need to make machine learning technology to keep up with competitors in the arms race, this will all change.
>>
I think you're right.

frankly though, internet communication has taken the place of human interaction for quite a few people, Im sure many of us included. what you describe might not be a terrible thing.

it's not like most internet discussion is valuable in and of itself. whether or not its a human on the other side doesnt really matter, aside from for psychological reasons. and realistically if you are that dependent on the computer for social interaction, thats a problem.

maybe compooters are second coming of Christ. never thought of it that way.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.