[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I study history it always amazes me that men like him

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 38

File: alexandergreat.jpg (121KB, 612x422px) Image search: [Google]
alexandergreat.jpg
121KB, 612x422px
Whenever I study history it always amazes me that men like him existed way before our time. A man that almost seems larger than life. It amazes me that a man could conquer the known world. It amazes me that an empire like Rome actually existed and was eventually brought down.. It all seems like one giant tragedy. Men like Alexander will never grace us with his presence. An empire like Rome will never exist ever again. Does this ever bother anyone else?
>>
>>102853325
alexander was a degenerate faggot and thats why nothing he conquered stood conquered for long
>>
>>102853325
He was a degenerate faggot
>>
File: deep wojak.jpg (70KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
deep wojak.jpg
70KB, 548x548px
the current state of civilization and society doesn't allow for someone like him

until someone starts using nukes at least...
>>
>>102853325
>An empire like Rome will never exist ever again

The United States is bigger than Rome ever was.
>>
>>102853467
Doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>102853325
It's not actually hard to make a roving band of well trained fuckheads.
Alexander is a meme.
All he did was roll over a bunch of countries without standing armies that were using peasants militias to defend against him. It didn't actually build anything lasting.
>>
>>102853592

Shut up you faggot aussie kangaroo fucker
>>
>>102853467
>Comparing the US to Rome.

Keking at your pleb ass.
>>
>>102853467
your empire is sustained trough subversion an economic terrorism, i give it 2 decades before it falls

and will go down in history as the shortest lived empire to exist
>>
>>102853678
If it's so easy then why don't you do it? Why hasn't there been another Alexander yet?
>>
>>102853697
Our republic hasn't even went full empire yet
>>
>>102853592
>Roma
>Tova

Free Judea
>>
>>102853805
We went full empire during the time of Teddy you fucking idiot.
>>
I feel his blood in my veins every day
>>
history is cyclical, B I T C H B O Y
>>
>>102853779
t. prince of macedon
just get out of here you shitskin
>>
>>102853779
Because I don't live in the Angigent world before guns made everyone equal? And telephones made every know what's going on? And because why would I want to be a African warlord waiting for my empire to fall apart the second I die?
>>
>>102853325
"Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened." -Dr. Seuss.

The DNA is the same. So take heart. The victors live within us. We are them. We can do great things. Men have not even become to crawl from the cradle. Soon... the stars.

But you must work anon. Work for the future.
>>
File: Oswald_Spengler.jpg (21KB, 440x293px) Image search: [Google]
Oswald_Spengler.jpg
21KB, 440x293px
>>102853887
Kek

>>102853924
This
>>
>>102854003
>"I just want to be a nobody." - The Post
>>
>>102853678
>Egypt's Alexandria
>Greco-Bactrian Kingdom
>Indo-Greek Kingdom
>>
>>102854003
Yeah guns changed the game a lot.
>>
Rome and Persia were brought down by the Muslims. The little snake Muhamed waited until both super powers were exhausted from fighting each other and one third of their population was killed by the plague , And then he round up his Islamic army and conquered the middle east and north Africa leaving a once prosperous Christian area in complete turmoil that still exist today. Thank God the crusades took place when it did (better late than never) and held the shits and savages off, you're welcome turkey undisputably the most successful predominately Islamic country in the world which isn't saying much is it?

And just so everyone realizes, the Islamic golden age is a fabrication apparently it was taking place in Spain well over this supposedly prosperous century there was over 150 battles taking place within Spain alone. sounds like a time of death and distraction, but the christians refused to bow down to the shit religion. And the other is Baghdad basically they destroyed all literature except for maybe 10% and we are supposed to consider that generosity. Tell me how does such a golden age of intellectual progression take place during a time when the greatest library and haven for knowledge in the world at that time is burnt to the ground by the Muslims, how the fuck does that work? But that's what we're taught.
>>
>>102853325
Yes becsuse todaus men are a bunch of loser faggots who only think about their own benefit.Nobody will bjild a new empire ,in todays age a good and strong leader is viewed as a complete psychopat by the cuntly society created by your country.
>>
>>102853325
>believing in The Great Man fallacy

he seems larger than life because most of it's propaganda and people making up his importance hundreds of years later, just another world leader who was at the right place and time and got lucky to not die of dysentery
>>
>>102854370
>Rome

you mean the Byzantine Empire? You could add Egypt on the list too
>>
I was listing to this and saw the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-uATAqSo8

It is a sign from kek. Guide me and I shall make Australia the new Eternal Roman empire only for Whites
>>
>>102854370
>He actually thinks Christianity didn't have a hand in anything when they decided to burn that Library in Alexandria and then eventually brought Europe into the "Dark Ages" and pushed back science for years.
>>
File: rotate.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rotate.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>102853325
What about Hitler or Mussolini?

But think about it Alexander was born to run a kingdom the odds of somebody being given a head start in any change like that are nil.

How ever there is a chance if a modern day changer of minds to have as much of an impact such as Nietzsche of Marx

Also the US is the Roman empire of today and about to fail.
China is about to rise after the global economic crash and be a gold backed power house
So you could say Li Keqiang is a modern equivalent of sorts
Does it bother me?
No Violent uprisings and conquering without major change to political philosophy is worthless inherently as it's not change problems that lead to needing to conquer or having been conquered
>>
>>102853325
Remember that Rome was founded by Trojans who fled after Troy was destroyed by infiltrators. If we recovered once we can recover again
>>
>>102854904
Ceased is much more badass then Alex or hilter imo.
>>
>>102856127
Wtf I typed caesar
>>
>>102854827
No shit head I was talking about Nalanda in India. Alexandria is disputed by the way, and it was most likely burned completely by the muslims in the seventh century, which is cited in over 500 Muslim/Arabic texts substantially more proof than the other three theorized burnings all of which took place long before the supposed islamic golden age of dumb shit.
>>
>>102853592
Neither was Rome
>Muh duh X is good
What the fuck does It even mean?
>>
>>102856841
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>102854544
Well yes and no, it's a myth that the German "barbarians "destroyed the Roman empire they actually just took it, and they continue to maintain it until it was actually destroyed by the Muslims. Remember the Byzantine empire was referred to as the eastern Roman empire and was the continuation of Rome. Anyways what I'm getting at is that in the early ages civilized society was destroyed by the Muslim not benefited, unlike the Germans they sought to actually annihilate the empire and either kill or convert all kafirs
>>
>>102857524
Are you denying that nalanda was destroyed by the Muslims, are you denying that Alexandria was burnt to the ground by the Muslim so basically you're calling all of their Scripps bragging about it fabricated? Are you claiming that despite the numerous battles Slavery And genocide taking place as well as the greatest library at the time burnt to the ground it was still a golden age of knowledge? I've gone down into the Mediterranean and proved that during that time the trade ship traffic was only a fraction of what it used to be: Most certainly not a great economic time that's certainly true
>>
>>102857917
Voice dictation, I have not gone down to the bottom of the Mediterranean myself I meant to say they have obviously. That's embarrassing
>>
>>102853712
It's over already. In two decades the states will probably be split a part.
>>
>>102857917
>All this autism.

No you Canacuck, I'm saying that the Muslims weren't the only ones who had a hand in the destruction of Rome.
>>
>>102857917
Alexandria wasnt really destroyed by muslims
>>
>>102853779
Because you can't invade a country with 20000 men on horses anymore. Try it and a single tank batallion would take you out.
>>
>Men like Alexander will never grace us with his presence
Kek you realise julius caesar complained about the exact same thing
>>
>>102858740
That is very much up for debate by far more qualified man than I. From what I have seen there's more evidence that they dealt the final complete blow.

Everything before that like the Roman Civil War etc. It was damaged but never fully destroyed
>>
>>102858556
Well the Germans definitely conquered it and took it over but they maintained the empire, where as the Muslims flat out destroyed it and decimated it if it wasn't for the crusades it's likely parts of eastern Europe would be like the Middle East. And it's also likely that if it wasn't for Islam the Middle East would be on par with Europe or at the very least comparable to modern-day Turkey.
>>
File: IMG_5073.jpg (114KB, 1536x1081px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5073.jpg
114KB, 1536x1081px
>>102854070
this
>>
>>102854370
the lugenpresse destroys more than 90%
>>
>>102857566
1. the germanics actually pillaged what was left of Roma
2. they didnt maintain it
with the germanic barbarians marching into rome, the dark age came to be and stopped only thanks to the fearless south european sea explorators, conquering the world
>>
>>102853712
The moment the United States falls the world will break out in war and violence. As much as people hate the US we are balancing point, the equalizer. Without the US NATO would be paper thin. China and Russia would have cucked the world over a long time ago if not for us. We finish WWII when the Allies couldn't. Where were you Irish when Hitler was knocking on Britain's door?

You may celebrate at our fall now potato lover but at the end of the day your all be burning with us.
>>
>>102860495
I have a different opinion. As soon as you fall, the world will truly unite because everyone hates your country.
>>
>>102860784
What's there to unite? The majority of the world is literally undeveloped shit holes were majority of the population is illiterate and or willing to smack the woman in the head with a rock for showing their shoulder line
>>
>>102853419
>He was a degenerate faggot
Not even remotely true. Alexander always looked down upon the Athenians as 'boy-fuckers' as well as those in his inner circle who also partook in degeneracy.

Stop getting your history from Hollywood faggots, faggots!
>>
>>102860213
I would disagree with you based on the evaluation of a far more educated and intelligent Man, and the fact that Islamic aggression is very well-documented yet it's not talked in the education system. So I'll just ask you one question do you honestly believe that the Muslims didn't play a major role in bringing about the dark age?

I mean look to what the Germans went on to build and become, then look at what the Muslims did! The outcome should speak for it self
>>
>>102860495
>We finish WWII when the Allies couldn't
Hitler already lost WW2 after Stalingrad
>>
>>102853467
Absolutely speaking, yes, relatively speaking, no.
>>
>>102854093
He chosen one, don't leave oke.
What do you THINK about the jewish state? Do you THINK that diversity for EUROPA is A good thing? What is your opinion of palastine?
>>
>>102861019
>ld is literally undeveloped shit holes
thats where you are wrong
>>
>>102861265
yes the muslim conquest of europe is not negligable but it wasnt stopped by the germans. The South euros and french and eastern euros undid it themselves.
>>
File: augustus.jpg (10KB, 220x318px) Image search: [Google]
augustus.jpg
10KB, 220x318px
Why is Augustus so underrated? He rarely gets mentioned along the likes of Caesar, Alexander etc.
>>
File: mohammed.jpg (82KB, 565x405px) Image search: [Google]
mohammed.jpg
82KB, 565x405px
>>102861605
And your country is A oily shithole, memhed
>>
>>102853325
Trudeau is like the millennial version of Alexandar the great. He's spreading change and promoting peace instead of fighting though.
>>
Alexander just wanted to conquer more and more lands. He didn't care about actually ruling them. He wanted to expand past India, but his army was burnt out by then and said they had enough, and went back home. He was planning to conquer Arabia before his death.
>>
>>102854093
Answer pls
>>
You faggots are too soft and could never survive in those times. I have trained from child but sadly was born too late
>>
>>102853325
alexander the great wasnt roman brah
>>
>>102860495
>Where were you Irish when Hitler was knocking on Britain's door?
Cheering him on.
>>
>>102862023
you would probally still be a suckass tactician pussy
>>
>>102861605
I bet your city has a lovely riverside
>>
>>102853467
> earing burgers
> we wuz kangz
> kikes in control
> suck saudi cock
> communist infested shithole

Wow songreat.
>>
Alexander was also a dick who killed his friend because he said his father was better than him. He also sacked and burned cities.
>>
>>102853325
The Greeks were very intelligent. Women were just for breeding and having kids, their opinions were not taken seriously. Pederasty is the true red pill.
>>
>>102860495
>We finish WWII when the Allies couldn't.
Yes, thanks for ruining the world forever.
>>
File: trump butter.jpg (16KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
trump butter.jpg
16KB, 540x405px
>>102853325
>Men like Alexander will never grace us with his presence.
>>
>>102853419
Yeah, but when you are gone, instead of people wondering how can structures be made that make water flow upward, people will wonder how can someone survive after eating so many burgers.
>>
>>102861737
He made the roman empire and had himself called divi filius son of God. Kind of a tyrant. But Never had resounding spectecular military campaigns
>>
>>102853854
Hardly
>>
>>102861718
Is there diversity in lux.?
>>
The same thing happened to Atlantis that is happening to us. Their technology advanced so far that there was nothing left for anyone to do. That's why they sunk their paradise and started over in the forest...
>>
>>102854093
ANSWER ME YOU SCHLOMOSTEIN KIKEROACH
>>
>>102862094
what's a 90 year old doing on 4chan?
>>
>>102862677
Atlantis didn't exist. It was probably inspired from Thera, which was destroyed by Volcano.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan_eruption
>>
>>102862878

Atlantis exists. YOU don't.
>>
It's cool I'm a blonde haired blue eyed illiyrian ENTP I'll be the next Alexandar.
>>
>>102861884
All traditional cultures had wives who married their husbands young. This was so that they're inculcated with traditional morality and were raised to be good mothers and wives. Saying Muhhamed was a cunt for doing this is also shaming your old ancestors. There's a reason why Islam is winning the demographic war. Feminists were the ones responsible for making us think you can only marry 20+ year old women. Look where that's gotten us.
>>
>>102853325

>An empire like Rome will never exist ever again.

The British Empire and it's Sequel, the U.S. Hegemony, dwarf Rome.
>>
>>102860495
A lot of Irish came over to join the British military in WWII, and I'm pretty sure Ireland aided in other ways covertly.
>>
>>102862878
Atlantis existed

its the antarctis
>>
>>102861116
It is true. All contemporary sources confirm. But, so what?
>>
>>102854070
> someone can get me out of my corduroy recliner setting an exact 11feet away from my 60 inch old school bigscreen.

I'll drink a beer in your honor, thats the best I can do.
>>
>>102862659
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_20161211_110433.jpg (203KB, 1275x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161211_110433.jpg
203KB, 1275x1440px
>>102853394
nothing wrong with a bit a boipucci on the side lad.
>>
File: 1479569343358.png (381KB, 434x544px) Image search: [Google]
1479569343358.png
381KB, 434x544px
>>102853325

hegel said something along the lines of, no philosopher can ever escape the time he is born in. nomatter what or how he thinks he is bound to the present circumstances.

you see there were great men who acomplished great things but you also have to consider that they are products of their time. without britains colonization of india there would have never been gandhi.

stop sucking the dick of the past. it is escapism in disguise. focus on the present, especially because it is so shitty. there is opportunity in evrything. also if you subtract your idealism you would see that the day to day lives of those men werent that great.
>>
>>102854506
>This is what the Last Men actually believe
very untermenschen tb h
>>
>>102863018
Pretty sure we are talking 16 tier ages in our history anon. Israelis and conservative christians have enough kids without being pedo.
>>
>>102861737
He was Caesar v.1.1, nothing more. Groomed and ass-fucked into power.
Skilled in understanding long-run propaganda, that's undeniable.
>>
>>102861884

The Abbasid caliphate was relatively much more powerful than the "Dutch Empire" ever was. I don't really care about this dick-wagging competition anyway

>>102861737
This board doesn't know anything about Roman history beyond the specious; Augustus is literally a cuck. His wife poisoned all his biological children so he appointed his wife's son Tiberius as an heir, and the ensuing four Emperors in his dynasty were all complete fuckups.
>>
>>102863266
Muds? How many? I always thought you were a rich little country. All white
>>
>>102861116
> Alexander always looked down upon the Athenians as 'boy-fuckers'
Is there a source for that claim?

Greeks had a much different view of sexuality than us. Bisexuality was very normal. Plato describes Alcibiades, a man, attempting to seduce Socrates. There's a decent amount of evidence suggesting Alexander was of this persuasion.
>>
>>102863381
False. The age of consent in many western countries was around 10 up until the 1870s and later in some places. The usual defense being men had to marry women that young to influence them to be good wives.
>>
>>102861605
your right you Muslim piece of shit AND it was you Muslims who destroyed second Rome, and you tried to destroy the third Rome!
>>
>>102863506
Even if he said that, he was educated by an Athenian (Aristotles, no less) and ofc deeply fucked into philosophy
>>
>>102863464
Pretty good for A tiny country.

Go look at what the dutch golden age produced scientifically culturally and economically and compare to the whole of islam.
>>
>>102854352
>what is napoleon
>>
Homosexuality was common amongst Greeks.

It was legal in Rome, but was looked down upon.They saw it as unmanly. Caesar was rumored to have had an affair with some king in Asia Minor, and he was mocked by other Romans for it, even though Caesar himself denied the rumors.
>>
>>102863717
The Spartans and Thebians (Sacred Band of Thebes) were also involved in it. Its Christian morality that says homosexuality is bad. The historical truth is no one really cared in Ancient society, unless the relationship was about dominance, and that was only in later Roman times (Hadrian's young lover was considered as a sort of god).
>>
>>102863736
Napoleon, looking at Caesar statues
>I am nothing compared to him
Caesar, looking at Alexander statues
Alexander, looking at Achilles statues

Humility is the most important redpill
>>
>>102863731
thats brave. as fucked up as islam is, they were crazy far ahead in science and culture in their glory days. Also maths.

Dutch empire is still the greatest to me, I just love you silly swamp germans.
>>
>>102864006
You discovered about the sacred band of thebes in a thread yesterday? Because i put a link about it.
Glad to have spread knowledge
>tip fedora
>>
>>102863648
I see you are right. But the average age 1800-1900 was around 21 for women. Btw I just wanted to trigger the mud. Child marriage also isnt required for high birthrates it seems
>>
>>102862271
You forgot
>60%
>>
File: 640px-DutchEmpire15.png (65KB, 640x296px) Image search: [Google]
640px-DutchEmpire15.png
65KB, 640x296px
>>102863731
Pic
>>
>>102864048
Then there was Hitler, and I guess you could say Stalin too. Wonder if a figure like this will pop up in the 21st century, and where.

>>102863984
Romans looked down more on eating out a woman than fucking another man. The worst of course was taking it from another man. It seemed to them more about the power play than actual sexuality.
>>
>>102864162
No sorry, I wasn't in that thread.

>>102863984
The mores changed all the time. Look at Hadrian and Antinous. Their hypocrisy and liability to social change is probably the thing they have most in common with modernity.
>>
>>102864048
>implying Alexander is greater than Caesar
kek, an empire is not all about size kid
>>
>>102863665
>Second and third Rome

They were as nominal as "democracy" is in South America

>>102863731
The Abbasid caliphate made Algebra, significant progress in geometry, the first theories in relativity and metaphysics as well as enabled the Spanish to sail to the New World
>>
If a Nuclear war ever happened it would basically put is back to 0, and that's if anyone survived.

That could maybe liken the possibilities of having someone like him again in the future.
>>
>>102864156
Golden age is A myth anon, they hardly made any advances. All they had was stolen from byzantine christians whom they conquered. The middle-east was christian before. They know how to make war I ll give you that.
>>
>>102864188
Yeah I get that. I think we should definitely consider if our morality is hindering our birthrates
>>
>>102853325
>Men like Alexander
what a spaz. lets keep going east and fight & fuck brown guys who have no real military's then be killed by india

he is the face of degeneracy and he emboldened that faggy little shit hole rome to go play in the desert through his actions

rome couldnt have been to great is tards who ran from huns could kick their asses in a fair fight with basically even numbers and zero military history EVER before that. they even sacked a city and were invited into rome after they sacked a city
>>
>>102864343
Stupid cunt, that
>implying
is only in your mononeuronal brain.
I'm talking about the actual thoughts of these great men. All the sources talk about the fact that at the beginning of they journeys they were comparing themselves to and feeling humbled by their great predecessors.
>>
>>102864346
>The Abbasid caliphate made Algebra
That's an extreme oversimplification. The first person to study algebra as necessarily independent from previous arithmetic was a Persian, who based this on Greek mathematics, particularly Diophantus.
>>
File: 220px-Demetrius_I_MET_coin.jpg (16KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Demetrius_I_MET_coin.jpg
16KB, 220x214px
>>102864346
>Arabs invented advanced physics
>byzantine roman ancestry "nominal"

most of those scientists and scholars were Christians! A little history factoid for you Ahmed, if you were to go back to that time and place, Im speaking about golden age Baghdad, most people in most places weren't muslims. Nearly all of the translators and other learned men were CHRISTIANS you fucking muslim piece of shit fuck you
>>
Alexander was just one man who was educated in a world where NO ONE was educated, and born into a position to utilize it.

Anyone of us could have been Alexander. Stop hero worship.
>>
>>102864941
Sorry but that's horseshit. Jimbo from Alabama could not have been Alexander. High achievement requires both genetic inheritance of intelligence and good education. Certainly Alexander wouldn't of been Alexander without Aristotle, but he required Philip too, and good breeding.
>>
>>102864346
there were some muslims who discovered somethings< but it was mostly the formerly jewish and christian inhabitants who made these discoveries. By 1000 all progress had been halted by your wonderful religion
>>
sometimes I ask myself.. why did europe just take millions of brown people, and dump them in their own countries. Muslims should be deported
>>
>>102864941
>No one educated

have you ever heard of golden age Athens, that came like a hundred years before Alexander...?

desu the greek world was already in decline by the time alexander came around, thats a large part of why he was so successful, alot of people dont realize this but it's true. Alexander in alot of ways eroded power structures across the eastern Mediterranean, making it easy for rome to usurp Macedonia's mantle
>>
>>102861737
There's no tragedy in the life of a man who transformed an already very ancient civilization in his lifetime & died peacefully in his bed in his 70s.

Plus morons get confused by the titles that Roman "Emperors" used & how the empire its self functioned in terms of leaders and heirs.

Don't you see people confusing statues of Octavian Caesar (Augustus) with his adopted father (who was really his uncle) Julius Caesar?
>>
File: 1458083517402.jpg (36KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1458083517402.jpg
36KB, 250x241px
>>102864346
>y, the first theories in relativity and metaphysics as well as enabled the Spanish to sail to the New World

I didnt know to sail ships spaniards required interdimensional anti matter fueled mudslime boats
>>
>reading
>amerilard

Kek

Nice b8
>>
In answer to OP though, yes. How men like Julius Caesar existed has amazed me since watching HBO Rome and becoming interested in his life.

Kidnapped by pirates when he was young whom he mocked even as their captive, until he had them crucified after being rescued. Then he fights for 8 years in Gaul, crosses the Rubicon with a single Legion, takes over Rome, defeats Pompey & the Senate, makes himself Dictator for 10 years then Dictator for life, plans an invasion of Parthia, and then is cut down by somebody who he considered his son in the middle of the Senate house. His life is pretty spectacular.

Plus Caesar fucked Cleopatra.
>>
>>102866587
Caesar fucked everyone in his vicinity.
>>
>>102861605
saudi is right you know

the usa hasnt even lasted as long as Rome did

>>102862124
>>102863665
>>102861884
>>
>>102862514
Which city you from?
>>
>>102866825
Not limited to Servilia, the mother of Brutus, the main conspirator in his assassination.
>>
>>102853325
You know nothing about history. The golden age of humanity has passed us

>what is the Ancient Finnish empire
>what is the hwan empire
>>
>>102866587
Plus Caesar was fucked by King of Bithynia.
>>
>>102863464
Roman society was not so much about your genetic offspring it was more so about your family name wealth/status and alliances via marriage you could form

Augustus himself is Caesars adopted son. Being cucked wasn't even that bad in the Ancient world someone tried to seduce Caesars wife despite it failing spectacularly he divoced his wife then formed an alliance with the man

Bringing in modern day terms and morals for people who barely understood the human body let alone complex genetics is silly. Spartans regularly cucked eachother and were encouraged to do so
>>
>>102867568
You're repeating a 2000 year old rumour that precedes the birth of Christ propagated by Caesar's political enemies.

>>102867652
Octavian literally made his wife's son ruler of Rome.
>>
>>102854070
Thanks man I needed that.
>>
>>102853887
>best post
>>
>>102863665
> third Rome

The Holy Roman Empire was a meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 831x1172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 831x1172px
>>102853887
Ayy lmao, makedonkey
>>
File: MtaEW77.jpg (23KB, 490x313px) Image search: [Google]
MtaEW77.jpg
23KB, 490x313px
Wtf happened to France? They had some of the greatest leader like Joan of Arc, an Napol- oh shit
>>
Augustus was a genius politician, he knew how to play the game. He also ruled Rome well, arguably the Rome's greatest emperor.

He wasn't anything special when it comes to military though.
>>
>>102853325
Men like Alexander are drawn to business and entertainment.

An empire like Rome does exist, and it is called the United States.
>>
>>102868424
Third Rome may be referring to the Russian Empire and by laws of inheritance one of the czars could claim to own the title

It could be the Ottomans claiming we wuz Romans now because they owned Constantinople

The "Holy" "Roman" "Empire" could also claim with

And Italy under Mussolini could claim it
>>
File: donald-trump-god-emperor.jpg (112KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-god-emperor.jpg
112KB, 700x467px
>>102868937
Kek
>>
>>102856993
You're right. If people had /pol/ back then, you'd have a bunch of conquered people bitching about how Rome is evil etc just like how they do about America today.
>>
File: 1481538837855.png (44KB, 938x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481538837855.png
44KB, 938x256px
History is made by the winners.

Most of recorded history is bullshit when hubris comes into play.

accomplishment should be taken with a grain of salt as you must understand, lack of praise meant punishment and death in most developed nations at the time.

Most of your heros are huge egoist faggots who undoubtedly snubbed the truly courageous, the lion fighters, the master swordsmen and their teachers.
>>
>>102860784
Hey, are you that Albo with the Luxembourg proxy?
>>
America is not even an empire. WTF. Why do people keep saying it is?
>>
File: tolQ9ih.png (367KB, 1600x1954px) Image search: [Google]
tolQ9ih.png
367KB, 1600x1954px
>>102869067
>>
>>102862344
>Generalizing the Greeks
The only thing true of all Greeks of the time is that they were Greek.
Look to different cities and kingdoms and things were culturally very different.
>>
>>102869681
>Reads Herodotus, Xenophon, Cicero, Arrian

>"Lack of praise meant execution"

>what
>>
>>102869067
I was talking about russia
>>
I feel the same about him.

>>102854506
In Islamic mythology he is a Demigod destined to erect a wall between the world and the personification of chaos.
>>
>>102871154
>Him

I feel the same about Hitler
>>
>>102869681
Have you ever read ancient/early medieval writings in your life?
>>
>>102869852
does it means that...
>>
>>102870381
This is somewhat true, but when people refer to the Greeks they mean Athenians, who were the most culturally influential. Do we read Thebans and Spartans? Aristotle was Athenian (by assimilation) and taught Alexander.
>>
File: s.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>102869764
I wonder
>>
>>102861737
he's a 5' 4" turbomanlet who got mocked by other manlets
>>
>>102864346
>They were as nominal as "democracy" is in South America
Well, no. The Byzantine Empire was the Eastern Roman Empire, meaning it was the direct Political Continuation of the Roman Empire (which moved it's capital to Constantinople under Constantine shortly before the split. The idea of a Third Rome was entirely nominal, though.

>The Abbasid caliphate made Algebra
The Babylonians, Egyptians, Greeks, Chinese, and Indians all had some form of Algebraic expression before Islam even existed. In fact, what the Arabs actually did contribute came directly from Ancient Greek works given to them by the Byzantines, in exchange for treaties of peace.

>the first theories in relativity and metaphysics as well as enabled the Spanish to sail to the New World
Are you high?
>>
>>102853854
"emperors" that reign for 4-8 years and exercise next to no power

Eat shit
>>
>>102853887
LOL, best post.
>>
>>102854904
>muh China
Fuck off lad. Their stock market starts crashing whenever their government unfreezes it. They're building ghost cities just to keep people employed. The air and water are toxic.

The only reason China is relevant is because of cheap manufacturing, and as the people demand better working rights all of the jobs are going to leave.

China's fucked dude.
>>
>>102853325
>Men like Alexander will never grace us with his presence
Yes he will you ignoramus. Study history ! ! !

Alexander the Great IS the Son of Zeus ! ! !
>>
>>102873147
>>
>>102873258
>>
>>102873147
I think he means the quality of the man. Not dudes who look kinda similar.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 240x200px
>>102873416
>>
>>102873484
Krishna was the Son (incarnation) of Vishnu !
Alexander was the Son of Zeus !
Jesus was the Son of God !

He WILL return ! ! !
>>
>>102853325

Be very careful anon.

I had fond memories of greeks and romans. We even did a week long thing in middle school where my class was Sparta and we wore togas and shit all week, no real work at all (thanks liberals!).

Anyway, I'm finding my memories of what I learned that week are fading. Not just fading, vanishing completely.

Our history is being erased.

In 100 years Rome will be an "all-black empire that spanned 1/2 the known world" or maybe something to do with Lesbos.
>>
>>102853887
That'll be his disgusting homo blood pumping through your veins as sure as his faggot cock pumped your ancestors underaged assholes. Faggot.
>>
File: IMG_0159.jpg (75KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0159.jpg
75KB, 640x433px
>>102853697
Well, to be fair, the United States is the child of the British Empire, which is the child of Rome. The blood carried down and even the architechture until the Jews or the chinamen usurped our cities....just look at the buildings in downtown New York. It could have been bigger and better than Rome, but it didn't get a chance to live long enough because of the banks. I believe if we got rid of the banks and tore down the hodgepodge mess of apartments we've built over the past twenty years, we would be on our way to a classic revitalization, mostly because the aesthetic still lives
>>
File: diogenes-and-alexander.jpg (332KB, 1280x1032px) Image search: [Google]
diogenes-and-alexander.jpg
332KB, 1280x1032px
>>102873147
When Alexander the Great visited the famed philosopher Diogenes (who lived in a large barrel) and asked what he could do for the philosopher,
The reply was "You are blocking the sunlight, can you move out of the way?"
>>
File: JZr0onT.jpg (82KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
JZr0onT.jpg
82KB, 500x453px
>>102874331
>>
File: 2342323.jpg (158KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
2342323.jpg
158KB, 936x526px
>>102873864
> shitty mcmansions
> reminesent of rome architecture

the only true traces of european architecture in the new world are in latin america, vast colonial cities are still untouched since almost 70 years after the fall of eastern rome

had new spain survived as such, or maybe led by the austrians, mexico would be a better candidate for a roman succesor in the new world.. lol
>>
>>102874513
You need to go back... and read the post again
>>
>>102858556
and OP never posted again
>>
>>102873533
>>
>>102853854
Autism
>>
>>102874660
what needs to be read again?
>>
>man decides to subjugate every civilized state in his part of the world
>goes on the most epic world tour of all time with his bros, fighting battles, founding cities, etching his name so deeply in human history that as long as there are people there will be men named Alexander

>thousands of years later kissless virgins on a chinese cartoon board who haven't conquered their feae of talking to a female will call him a degenerate faggot who achieved nothing

This board is pond scum and will always be
>>
>>102863665
>your
>>
Literally MUH ANCESTORZ: The Thread
>>
File: poopoo armies.jpg (95KB, 313x664px) Image search: [Google]
poopoo armies.jpg
95KB, 313x664px
alexander was a great man but he still got fucked by the indians and his successors simply cause they had armies with millions of people
>>
>>102878758
>manlet
>According to Plutarch this was one of Alexander's hardest battle " The combat then was of a more mixed kind; but maintained with such obstinacy, that it was not decided till the eight hour of the day." Plutarch also wrote that the bitter fighting of the Hydaspes made Alexander's men hesitant to continue on with the conquest of India, considering that they would potentially face far larger armies than those of Porus if they were to cross the Ganges River.

>Porus was one of many local kings who impressed Alexander. Wounded in his shoulder, standing over 2 m (6 ft 7 in) tall, but still on his feet, he was asked by Alexander how he wished to be treated. "Treat me, Alexander, the way a King treats another King" Porus responded. Rogers (1970), questions the accuracy of this entire event, writing that Porus would never have said those words.[11]
>>
>>102865709

macedon filled a huge power vacuum that arose out of the Peloponnese war

the best general the persians threw at alexander was a greek mercenary, his fighting techniques later influenced fabius in the battle against hannibal
>>
>>102853325

That mural is wrong, btw. Alexander was blonde and Bucephalus was black.
>>
File: fedoratip.jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
fedoratip.jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>102854904

>Also the US is the Roman empire of today and about to fail.

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha.

>China is about to rise after the global economic crash and be a gold backed power house

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha. Have you ever been to China? I have. It's shit.

>So you could say Li Keqiang is a modern equivalent of sorts
>Does it bother me?
>No Violent uprisings and conquering without major change to political philosophy is worthless inherently as it's not change problems that lead to needing to conquer or having been conquered

Jesus Christ, you went full neckbeard. What have I told you about going full neckbeard? Never go full neckbeard.
>>
>>102853325
"Almost larger than life"

Bruh reshaped the civilized world and is known by a single name thousands of years after his death. Not like Cher, who will be fucking forgotten once she's dead

An empire greater than Rome exists today. The US. And was presaged by another great empire, GB.
>>
>>102853394
You're retarded. Egypt remained ruled by Macedonians for hundreds of years. Syria and Persia remained under Macedonian control for hundreds of years. The Greccofication of Egypt and Syria was completed by his successors. It wasnt until the Romans that they were taken
>>
>>102853325
All of Alexander's soldiers were strung out on opiates and its one of the reasons he was able to conquer almost the entire known world
>Could march for long periods without feeling pain in their feet
>Opiates dull the pain during and after battle as well
>>
File: 1481085465431.png (82KB, 1155x880px) Image search: [Google]
1481085465431.png
82KB, 1155x880px
>>102853325
I FEEL HIS SUPERIOR GREEK BLOOD EVERYDAY IN VAINS!
>>
>>102854827

>Christianity is responsible for dark ages meme.
>>
>>102853325
The fendippitous Romans are returning soon.
>>
>>102861737

Because he succeed in pretty much everything he did and people loved him.
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.