[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you grew out of your atheist phase?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 52

File: images.jpg (21KB, 330x446px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 330x446px
How old were you when you grew out of your atheist phase?
>>
>>101644139
It's like looking at a mirror reflection
>>
Started believing in a higher power around 19-20. Accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior at 23.

There's a real spirituality to this world, and a lot of people think atheism is on the rise when in reality it's quite the opposite. There are more people on this Earth who are religious than there ever was before.

I as a soon to be bona-fide Catholic wish everyone to be a Catholic as well but others have different beliefs which is the way of life.

Don't settle for atheism, which is bullshit and immature.
>>
>>101644139

Funny story....

I was 19 and I had moved to the Bay Area and spent a lot of time in San Francisco.

That experience taught me more about the value of religious morals than 12 years of being forced to go to church
>>
>>101644139
When I was born
>>
>>101644139
I grew out of Christianity.
>>
>>101644139
18, life experince has taught me more about the importance of religion than going to sunday school for 2 years
>>
File: Apluslogo-530x530.png (7KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
Apluslogo-530x530.png
7KB, 530x530px
i grew out when i heard about pic related
>>
>>101644139
About 16 I stopped caring about being an atheist then 17 I became more of an apathetic deist and I've been that ever since.
>>
Now - 19. Looking into DMT did it for me. There's just no way it all means nothing.
>>
>>101644773
>I became more of an apathetic deist and I've been that ever since.
>deism
you sound like a cool guy to hang with
>>
>>101644139
18, I'm pagan now :p
>>
>>101644139
I was never religious because my parents did not force me into one.

Don't you guys see this is basically the same as rooting for a sport club? 95% chance you are rooting for the same religion/club as your parents. It's pathetic to view it as if it is your personal decision and then look down on others for inheriting the shit their parents pushed on them.
>>
>>101644139
Cucktianity is a jewish meme to keep whites weak.

Read the Kybalion. Pagan occultism actually works.
>>
Never. Born atheist. Raised without religion. G-d has never been a part of my life other than in media.
>>
>>101645189
I don't describe myself as a deist normally, when I think about it I just feel like there's probably some kind of higher power out there but I just can't bring myself to believe in Christianity or any other religion, so when it comes up that's what I say. Like I said though, I'm pretty apathetic.
>>
Was agnostic, had to put down my dog after watching her suffer from cancer. Now atheist
>>
File: 749907.png (29KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
749907.png
29KB, 700x700px
>>101644139
in and out
happens all the time
>>
>>101644139
Around 15. For the next 5 years I've been Satanist, and after that I became Gnostic. And I've been Gnostic for 10 years.
>>
File: 1480372707720-pol.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1480372707720-pol.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>101644674
>I don't like what this organization does so I will change my entire belief system
>>
File: templar gun.png (1MB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
templar gun.png
1MB, 1600x1597px
18. I was raised Lutheran, became an atheist shortly before I was confirmed (age 13). I had a very spooky paranormal experience that really fucked me up, made me agnostic. I eventually found my faith again, and I'm now working on official conversion to Roman Catholicism.
>>
>>101646172
>I can't make sense of supposed spooky paranormal experience because I can't into basic psychology and neuroscience
>Therefore, a God must exist

Srsly. That's the dumbest shit ever.
>>
File: delet this jesus.jpg (25KB, 450x232px) Image search: [Google]
delet this jesus.jpg
25KB, 450x232px
>>101645419
>yes goyim xtianity keeps your race weak, ignore the fact that it was responsible for every major cultural achievement in Europe since the fall of the Roman Empire
>follow the true religion of your ancestors, it's totally not just a watered-down version of the original religion that's only followed by larpers

L E A F
E
A
F
>>
>>101644139
I'm still in it. I don't understand why I should dismiss the magic performed by gods throughout history as myth but take Jesus completely serious at the same time.
>>
>>101646172
spooky paranormal experience.

Do tell more burgerbro please, im curious.
>>
>>101644786
Have you broken through? I've done a bunch of DMT, and while it was really cool and fun I never had a spiritual experience. I think it's because I didn't break through.
>>
>>101646392
I completely understand why one would think that, because I never would have believed that shit either. But I'm being completely honest when I say that it really rattled me, and I tried to rationalize it for years. And it was a slow process that took several years (I'm 26 now) and a lot of studying of very diverse beliefs until I settled on Catholicism (I had a brief flirtation with Eastern religion until I realized it was essentially atheism for hippies).
>>
>>101647124
greentext or paragraph form? idgaf
>>
>>101646392
That isn't what he said you colgate slurping idiot. He became an agnostic after that, can't you read?
>>
>>101644139
14/15-ish.
Had a few times I've headed back that way.
Lying bleeding to death in a hospital helped me sort myself out though.
>>
>>101646842
>magic performed by gods throughout history
Like?
>>
>>101644139
At the age of 10
>>
>>101647460
Fuck if i care, readable

just do it faget!
>>
>>101645419
>paganism works
>pretends to not know it runs by the devil
its called the occult dumdum
>>
>>101644139
21/22 ?
>>
I was atheist from 11-15
>>
>>101644139
An agonistic atheist with little sprinkles of theism
>>
>>101647950
Zeus and the Greek pantheon turning into animals, Osiris being born of a virgin then dying and coming back, Thor controlling thunder, and (even though he's not a god) everything Santa Claus does.

Come on man, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. Every god has magic powers of some sort.
>>
>>101648686
Oh, those.
But those aren't really comparable tbqhwy famalam.
>>
>>101647143
I mean, I think I did, it was a really odd experience, really fucking scary too.

I was teleported into this oddly nice dark place where really classy, famous like people were morphing into other classy people, I said I didn't wanna be like them and I was kicked out the trip completely.

I thought everything in the universe hated me, huuuge sense of rejection and fear, it honestly felt like there was nowhere else to go, they were even booing at me.

It suddenly got super calm and God invited me back in to ask what it was I really wanted.

It wasnt too visual, just like a big story really. Not sure if I'd call it a breakthrough though. Gonna try it again.

Also, it was 60mg from an oil pipe, vaporizing it
>>
>>101649006
>Osiris being born of a virgin then dying and coming back
>those aren't really comparable
Jesus and Osiris are similar because of this
>>
>>101649006
Honestly some god being responsible for egyptian rain seasons (which science later solved) makes more sense than moses parting the red sea and jesus resurrecting, turning water into wine, etc
>>
>>101649153
You know that's not correct, right?

>>101649238
>God of the gaps
>gods
>comparable to God
m8
>>
>>101649546
>You know that's not correct, right?
Then what is, britbong?
>>
>>101647468
It's not about that you burger munching fire arms swinging nutjob. Merely the fact that his worldview was rattled and shaken to such an extent as to throw out your whole worldview based on a paranormal experience that can easily explained by the functionalities of the brain is in my opinion short sighted, and I am sad to hear that he got swayed by a religious organisation in his search for answers in the form of the low-hanging fruit, while a little more determination was needed to understand what hallucination is.
>>
>>101644139
19 or 20, the West needs Paladins god or no god
>>
>>101644139
at about 16, then i realized i dont agree with atheists either, they care too much, so i went full on nihilist
>>
22 although I never think I was fully atheist. When I was in that mindset I still thought that due to the expanse of the universe and possible multiverse it would be illogical to conclude that there is no God.
>>
>>101644139
Im 19 and currently moving out of atheism...
>>
>>101649742
Horus has nothing to do with Jesus. Horus wasn't born of a virgin, didn't die and come back, have 12 disciples and all of those things people say. Some retards made it up.

You'll find some occasional things in similarity but they're more coincidental than plagiarism in the same way "arigato" and "obrigado" are seem similar in Portuguese and Japanese. They're not derived.

Otherwise, be more specific in what you're asking m8.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-EgjUhRqA
>>
>>101647989
aight
>be 18
>be an edgy piece of shit and have a bunch of edgy piece of shit friends
>five of these edgy piece of shit friends and I decide to go to a "haunted" location. None of us really believed anything like that at the time, but you get the idea, we were edgy goth faggots
>a few miles outside of town (rural town in central Wisconsin), there's a single-lane, broken down road that goes into the woods
>all the cliches, gnarled trees, no shoulder, general sp0oky atmosphere, no houses around for miles
>on one side of the road, there's a gravel driveway that goes into a clearing
>in this clearing, there used to be a church, it was torn down in the '30s I believe
>the church's cemetery is still in the back of the clearing
>overgrown graves, broken and barely readable, all dating from the 1850s to the 1920s. The whole nine yards
>we've all got boners over how edgy and goth this place is
>spend about 40 minutes dicking around when one of my friends says he sees a white figure in the back of the clearing
>says fuck it, he's going back to the car. Another guy goes with him
>none of the rest of us saw anything, and the guy has historically been prone to making things up anyway

1/2
>>
>>101649546
Yes, your mythical deity created universe, is responsible for hundreds of millions of years of evolution then one day said fuck it, i'm going to tell some guy what to do now so my name can spread. The previous hundreds of millions of years didn't matter, and I won't cause another miracle in a few thousand years while everything stays fucked up but who cares.

Fast forward to jesus, and suddenly it's not BE BAD AND I'LL CAUSE PLAGUES AND YOU'LL GO TO HELL it's love and peace and forgiveness. I love everyone

Definitely a perfectly logical series of events, makes a lot more sense than some crazy guy came up with another religion that feeble minded people believe in because they're scared of death. Or that some virgin was chosen to birth god's child (again hundreds of millions of years after creating everything) makes a lot more sense than some slut cheated on her husband and wanted an excuse to not get stoned to death.
>>
Mid 19 when I first pulled off an astral projection. Judo-Christian beliefs are still bogus as fuck even if the Bible is an interesting storybook.
>>
>>101649130
That was totally break through. I wish I could get there.

>>101649546
There are a bunch of gods that died and rose from the dead that predate Jesus. I'm on my phone so looking them up is a pain in the ass, but if you're in the mood google "dying and rising gods". It became a popular trope at one point in history. And there are tons more examples of gods using magic to do shit that are comparable or even less fantastic than anything. Christianity
>>
>>101645871
Your dog died from cancer , therefore there is no god. What?
>>
>>101646172

Christian here, there is no such things as spooky ghost , roman cathoclism sucks and is corrupted as hell , the pope thinks he is god , read your bible and skip that shit
>>
Not sure if I was an atheist or agnostic
But i did go through period of time confused about gods existence
>>
>>101644139

9. He's had me a long time. I'm ready to go home.
>>
>>101650252
>Horus
I said Osiris not Horus and I wasn't saying that is 100% the same either.
>>
>>101650458

Good advice.
>>
>>101650320
2/2
>the rest of us are hanging out in the middle of the clearing for another 15 minutes or so when rocks are thrown at us from all directions
>relatively large clearing, and we're being barraged by rocks between about a centimeter in diameter to bigger than a golf ball
>nope.gif
>naturally, it's not funny anymore, so we start getting the fuck out of there
>I look over my shoulder to see if one of my friends is close enough behind us (he's obese, inb4 Amerifat)
>I freeze for a second, he notices, looks behind, and sees it too
>shadow crawling on the ground toward us, fast
>human size, vaguely human shape, and red fucking eyes
>it doesn't look just like an animal or some sort crawling in the dark, it was a fairly moonlit night and there was no light or shadow on this thing. It looked like it was just made of solid darkness.
>fatass must have had a hell of an adrenaline rush, because he somehow ran to the car faster than me
>get the fuck out of there, don't say a word for the rest of the night
>finally talk about it later, everyone has the same story (except the guy who claimed to see the white thing)
>existentialcrisis.jpg

I realize it sounds like total bullshit, and it probably sounds cliche as hell. However, I swear by what I saw, and it changed me.
>>
>>101650476

And now?
>>
>>101650445
Disease and suffering don't exist as part of some divine plan, shit just happens the way it happens. There's not some magic sky man who's responsible for good people dying and evil people living comfortable lives.
>>
>>101650622
Osiris = Nimrod, the builder of the Tower of Babel
Horus = Tammuz, Nimrod's son

All pagan idolatry goes back to Babylon
>>
>>101650772

They do, actually. They are the result of men and angels ruining this creation.

This creation, and all who believe, will be renewed and made whole.

The point of your life is to choose if you want in or not.
>>
File: fuhriouslyrubbin.jpg (41KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
fuhriouslyrubbin.jpg
41KB, 688x456px
>>101645620
>G-d
>atheist

nostril nigger detected
>>
>>101650753
I'm a theist
>>
>>101650340
>one guy
>ONE GUY
You need to do a bit more reading senpai.

>>101650443
>Mithra
no
>Horus
no
>Krishna
no
>Buddha
no
Don't compare fertility deities' birth-death-rebirth with death-resurrection.

>>101650622
My bad, I'm that used to "Horus" claims.

But even then, even if there would be similarities, so what? They're evidently not comparable if you actually know more about them. Things like this are not taken seriously.
>>
>>101650746
It's interesting how people experience evil and are suddenly convinced that God exists. You'd think the experience would be "evil exists", but it's almost universally "God exists".
>>
>>101644674
Same. Saaaameee.
>>
>>101650983

Most Jews are atheists, and all Jews are godless, as if they believed in YHWH, they'd know he came to earth as Jesus, their messiah, and would no longer be Jews.

They're getting set to accept the antichrist/mahdi as their messiah, and it's going to go very badly for them.
>>
>>101651048
No I just mean in maybe one or two events. I know there different from each other was just saying
>>
>>101650988
So is satan.

Do you believe Jesus is Lord, risen from the dead?
>>
>>101650921
Disease is part of "this creation" that men had nothing to do with. If you're going to blame anyone for it the only answer is a god. I don't care if you're blaming God or Nurgle, it has nothing to do with the actions of men and if it is part of God's plan and sinning makes him sad I'll try to commit some on mass before I die.
>>
File: pascalwager.jpg (68KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
pascalwager.jpg
68KB, 400x261px
A local pastor would come to our campus every week handing out pamphlets to students and came to pray with/for and speak to any students going through a hard time. People would crowd around and throw shit at him all the time.

After a while something kind of just clicked in me and I realized what a shitstain onto humanity atheism truly was. Been a christian for 4 years now.
>>
>>101651072
It wasn't immediate. Like I said, it was a very, very slow process. I guess the general phenomenon would be that if such a thing exists, people come to the conclusion that there must be something to mirror it, as well.
>>
>>101651225
My neighbour and I have the same TV package AND table.

There is no reason to think anything of the similarities.
>>
>>101650746
7.5/10 dude, quite spooked.

I'm hardly a religious man myself, being swede and all that but i have quite a respectful view on things spooky, be they religious or by history.

paranormal and spooky things have been reported since fucking writing was invented and as science struggles to explain some things, dark matter, black holes. impossible physics due to newly discovered elements etc you can never know.

nice read friendo.
>>
>>101651602
I said events not items
>>
>>101651072
If true evil exist in the world then that means that there has to be an opposite. The opposite of evil is good. If evil can be objectively stated out as one thing and good and be objectively stated as another than some being has to have created the concept of morals. In short, if morals are not a cultural construct then they have to have been obtained form somewhere. The only explanation that could adequately explain how all humans across all cultures have the same morals is if they were implanted in us. That implanter is good. At least that's what Emanuel Kant would try to say but in much better words.
>>
>>101651324
It's not, actually. It did not exist in Eden, and Adam and Eve were immortal.

When Adam sinned and joined satan's rebellion, death entered into the creation and brought with it sickness and pain and disease, etc.

Don't mistake the world you live in for the world God created; they are vastly different.
>>
>>101650746

It sounds like bullshit because there is no such thing , maybe you should read your bible better , there is demons they are spirits they can posses people but thats is it as far for spooky things
>>
>>101651390
>and throw shit at him all the time
really? i've been on some pretty pozzed campuses and there are always churchians handing out propaganda without being molested
>>
>>101651048
I really want to get further into this but being on my phone makes it really inconvenient. Could you do me a favor and watch one of Richard Carrier's lectures on the historicty of Jesus and post what you think? I'll try to get back to this thread later.
>>
>>101651748
Aye, I think that's how the thought process goes. I have a normal life, I experienced evil, I don't always experience evil, so there must be some counterbalancing or restraining force preventing the complete and utter evil I encountered from being normal. That thing I will call good, and indeed God is good.
>>
>>101651948

Why would you turn to a godless atheist for "expertise" on God?
>>
>>101651654
I continue to be sympathetic toward agnostics, because I eventually found faith as a more or less logical result of my own physical experiences. In a similar vein, I don't believe that there is anything that science and the scientific method can't explain; there are just things we can't explain with what we know now. If spirits exist (which, of course, I now believe they do), I don't believe for a second that they're in some kind of category untouchable by logic. They can't be well explained with current information, but there must be something quantifiable about them, whether they are composed of matter on a different plane, or composed of energy, or what have you.
>>
>>101644411
Nice.
>>
>>101644139
>>
>>101652090

No clue why you think the natural sciences would include the supernatural.
>>
>>101651324
You have to believe in God to hate him bro. You are the worst kind of atheists. I can understand why some people don't believe in God, even I have my doubts sometimes, but you, you're just mad at God for some reason or another and so you choose to be a dick and shit on other people's beliefs to try and make yourself feel better for being a piece of human garbage.
>>
>>101644430
care to elaborate?
>>
>>101651390

There are more than 1 religion that might be correct
>>
I was 19
but
I'm still blackside from time to time =(
>>
>>101652482

although i doubt any of them are
>>
>>101644139
I remember finding religion after Obama was elected and our troops came home. It felt like my third eye was hit by jihad. I stumbled through the matrix for a few years, found a little more than religion. I'm not as an astute observer as i should be but I think its an infinitely maturing internal quest
>>
>>101651678
Yeah, but they're not comparable anyway. That's my point.
For one, we know Jesus existed. Osiris did not.

>>101651948
I've read and watched a lot on it. I know of Carrier. I'm completely unimpressed.

Christ Mythers and their ilk as scholars deserve to be gassed for deliberately spreading lies. It's beyond retarded to deny the historicity of Jesus Christ if you know the evidence that goes with it.

Denying Josephus, Suetonius, Mara bar Serapion as hostile witnesses and historians, and so on as well as the four Gospels, the early church tradition, early Christian writings and letters, etc is beyond ridiculous.

You can't deny them simply because it's inconvenient to your atheism and makes you have to be accountable to another; that's intellectually dishonest, but it's what he does.
>>
polytheist since 2004
>>
>>101651781
Absence of evidence =/= evidence of absence. I'm inclined to doubt that God, angels, demons, etc would meddle in the affairs of humans regularly until 2000 years ago, and then just permanently leave us alone. But to each their own.
>>
>>101650746
>>101650320
A lot of "edgy piece of shit" goths and metalheads are christians in training. The line between hate and love can be subtle.
>>
>>101652513
*backside

You know what i meant
>>
>>101644139
Never. Why? Joseph. Husband of Mary. Carpenter (sort of). Saint. That's pretty much it. A cosmic cuckold and barely that. The Holy Spirit got in first and creampied his wife and Joseph had to pretend he was Jesus' dad. I can just see him now thinking, "The kid looks nothing like me. No one believes I'm his dad. I can't go into town any more. People look at me and laugh. Men ask me if they can be the next to fuck my wife."
>>
>>101652716
BACK SLIDE

MFN AUTO CORRECT
>>
>>101644139
I used to watch Dross videos (most hispanic posters probably know him)and thought that nigga was the smartest person to ever live.
I even got to the point of trying to convince my classmates, i even got a few to "convert" and one once got in a fight with the religion teacher lol.
>>
>>101652612
What makes you think they permanently leave us alone?

And there's a reason: God uses miracles and so on when He brings a message to verify its authenticity. No need for a message.

But there have been recorded miracles throughout the past.

>>101652821
>atheist intelligence
>>
I could no longer ignore ignore that there is objective morality, right and wrong, good and evil. I just can't buy into the reductionist nihilistic narrative any longer, and soon came to the conclusion that Christ is the truth and a beacon of light in this dark world. God is love, but not in a formless amoral new age way, but real love. The ways of this world is not our home, and everything Jesus is and represented is where we belong.
>>
>>101652271
Like I said, they don't as they stand right now. What we know as a species is a grain of sand in a desert, but there must be some kind of answer, even if we can't comprehend it.
>>
File: Screenshot_192.jpg (188KB, 1011x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_192.jpg
188KB, 1011x600px
>>101652482

The wager is not really about belief but you just act like god is real its 50/50then
>>
I think it was my Senior year, so about 18. I was never one of those "hurr durr you believe in a mythological being" assholes, but being raised primarily Christian my faith was waning. I spent a good 3 years trying to decide if I could truly believe in a higher power, and there wasn't any huge event that changed my mind either. I just thought to myself that if God is all powerful, and can do what people say he can, why would he be confined to one form? I came to the conclusion that all gods throughout history were one in the same, a diety appearing in different forms at different times. I'm not sure why I would call that, if I could call it anything, but I like it. Ive found that across all religions, the message is the same; don't be a dick.
>>
>>101645419
tl;dr ?
>>
>>101652821
You'd do well to understand that God manifested himself as a human being so that you could be sure he knows what you're going through, and can help you out of the mess you find yourself in.

If you were to see Jesus and the Father, right now, you would only see Jesus. Not two men. One.
>>
>>101644411
Nice digits man.
>>
>>101653032

yeah but which god
>>
>>101653006
Then stop relying upon the natural sciences for answers to the paranormal/supernatural/spiritual, and open yourself to the possibility that maybe, just maybe, something more intelligent than man exists in the universe.
>>
>>101652616

I used to be goth as a teenager, I still like a lot of the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6E4XqwoCEs
>>
>>101653032

>Fake quote debunked 9000 times.
>>
>>101652271
I think he meant it in a way that somehow down the line we will learn enough of these things, the spirit, Afterlife, or different dimensions and such.

Imagine the first century, year 1000, if i explained the notion of electricity to someone, commoner or king, priest or bandit, he would call me a madman and a heathen and would think nothing of it.

quite how it is today the times havent changed, unseen matter moving through anything reported by scientists etc.
>>
>>101653383
There is only one God.
>>
>>101652949

no miracle can stand up to scientific scrutiny
>>
>>101653503

right, but thats what they all say
>>
>>101653496

Do you think perhaps the earliest men wondered about electricity by observing lightning?

Do you think perhaps the first men wondered about hyperintelligent interdimensional beings by observing them?
>>
>>101644139
Mid 20s.
>>
File: first vision.jpg (9KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
first vision.jpg
9KB, 197x256px
>>101653263
>>
>>101653508
Science is inadequate to explain the least of the miracles of God.

Stop putting 100% of your faith in science; it's always wrong, and next gen tech always proves the past science was always wrong.

Always.

And the lie that it's closing in on the truth is also wrong, and has always been wrong.
>>
>>101652990
read captialism the unknown ideal by ayn rand
>>
>>101653594
So some investigation is in order. (And no, very few people say there is only one God. Jews, muslims, Christians, Catholics; that's about it.)
>>
>>101644139
>>
>>101653707
Aye, another ridiculous image designed to confuse people, and God is not the author of confusion.
>>
>>101653733

You're a lost cause
>>
>>101653707
(You do know that Mormons are not Christians, right?)
>>
>>101653942

I'm actually saved. The lost cause was satan's rebellion against God that you found yourself born into.

And have not left.
>>
>>101653801

and countless of other religions that are dead and forgotten. any of them could be right. or none of them.
>>
Christian mystery reporting in
>>
>>101653508
I don't think you are correct unless you're thinking of Baptist """"miracles""" and so on, something that's thrown around at the drop of a hat.

With more traditional miracles, it doesn't really work and even then it would depend. I'm very wary of how many scientists come into this area with preconceived notions unfortunately.

Sadly there's a philosophical bias behind many scientists. Look at what happened with the low fat meme that scientists propagated years ago because of money.

You're entering into the whole thing with the wrong mindset.
>>
0-13: Passive Catholic
>say your prayers and we'll go get ice cream!
13-22: Mostly agnostic
>we dont know and we'll never know
22+: fully mystical, somewhat Christian
>everything seems to go awesome if i live right
>>
>>101654028

hehe, you're not saved from anything, you're as lost as everyone else.
>>
>>101644139
>>
I've never grown outta it. Although I wish I was still religious because right now I don't have much of a reason not to kill myself.
>>
About 14-16. Funny thing, when i wasn't believing, parents forced me to go for religion class, when i converted back to traditional Roman Catholicism i wan't going for that.
>>
>>101644139
I'm sure I will "grow out" of the phase when I become old enough to fear my mortality
>>
>>101654126

There is only one God, regardless of who advocates monotheism, who advocates polytheism, who advocates atheism, etc.
>>
File: QS_the-holy-bible.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
QS_the-holy-bible.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
Yesterday.
>>
File: 1472519985693.gif (705KB, 738x780px) Image search: [Google]
1472519985693.gif
705KB, 738x780px
>>101644139
18 years old.
>>
>>101645417
> Be born Roman Catholic
>Decide to listen to other folks, would be a coincidence to be born in the "one true" religion by default
> Meet with preachers from all folks, Muslim, Mormon etc.
> Despite thougts of converting to some of them after seeing some truth in them, never do after relecting over RK values
> Realize there might be a reason that there is one biggest confession

That is, until some atheist comes around the corner and tells my I didn´t try hard enough to be edgy.
>>
>>101654322
I'm glad you're not in charge of my eternal life, and that the Holy Spirit of God is.

I'm saved from what I deserve, while you are demanding God grant you what you deserve.

He'll do it. He drowned the world at one point in time; don't think he lacks the balls to give you what you want.

A baptism by fire where you never emerge, and never die.
>>
>>101653942
Tell that to thermodynamics which is now broken due to a prototype space craft that can move through space with microwaves.
>>
>cradle atheist
>fascinated with religion
>studied them all
>nothing clicked
>finally exposed to sikhi
>ok but not life changing
>seven years later or so start studying again
>bingo

I don't go gurdwara and as a white person I'd feel uncomfortable doing so, for fear I'd be associated with those nut jobs in New Mexico. But Sikhi 100% clicked the third go 'round.
>>
>>101655104

If you conducted your own bible study, you would find that the wages of sin is death, not admission and being sorry.

If you conducted your own bible study, you would find that God had to make a perfect way to eliminate the sin barrier between God and man, once and for all.

If you conducted your own bible study, you would find that God has already forgiven mankind of all of its sins (for they know not what they do), and that the only sin left is unpardonable: blasphemy of the Holy Spirit of God.

But then, if you were the type of fellow who conducted his own bible studies, you would likely have already discovered that none of the Catholic traditions are based in the bible, and many pervert and contradict the bible.

tl;dr You don't have an unforgiven sin left except for Unbelief, and that is cured by confessing out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believing in your heart God raised him from the dead.
>>
Between 20-23

When I look back at what a faggot I was in my youth I cringe.
>>
File: .jpg (60KB, 500x490px)
.jpg
60KB, 500x490px
Became agnostic at 18 and converted to Taoism at 22.
>>
>>101654126

What god would let his religion die out ? he is all powerfull, he can keep his religion going on forever ,he cared as much to start a religion he also will keep it going on until the end
>>
>>101655492

I think you're in good company there.
>>
>>101655492

Get used it, because the older you get the worse it gets.

I just think of myself as a completely different person. Live long enough you'll have a few of those iterations.
>>
>>101655104
Mate just follow jesus, that's all you need.
>>
>>101655595

what all powerful being needs ants worshiping it
>>
>>101644139
too old. 19 i guess.
>>
>>101655292
What could be more bluepilled than "studying" world religions?
>>
If anyone is interesses I could tell the story that made me believe in god against, I have to go out quickly but if thread is alive when I come back I can greentext it
>>
>>101655292
>"I don't want to follow it because of how society sees me"
Don't do this to yourself.
At least attend gurdwara and follow the teachings. You can be a Sehajdhari.
>>
>>101656167

It gets worse. I'm a weeb, too. I'd never make it through the day of the rake.
>>
>>101656196
Autocorrect is a bitch
>>
>>101644139
It took a bunch of psychedelic drugs and benadryl.
In the protestant sense I am a christian.
>Get thee behind me satan
>>
We were all born atheists, you learned of Christianity or whatever religion. Realizing you were had isn't a phase, it's part of developing a brain.
/tips fedora
>>
>>101655183

citation please
>>
>>101644139
I'm still in it (51)
>>
>>101644139
Around 25-26 I came to realization that there was a greater power out there and have dedicated myself to Jediism for the last two years.
>>
>>101653733
Then how wrong is the fucking bible as religion lead to science. You fucking dumbwit.

OFCOURSE SCIENCE IS WRONG. It prides itself with it. That's the beauty of it. But in it's wrongness, it is still a hundred times more truthful than any religious dogma created in the middle east 2000 years ago. It builds upon the knowledge it creates, whereas religion sticks to a piece of knowledge that was once created and defends it. Religious people are literally pseudo-scientific retards who read one piece of evidence and cling to it no matter what. Same tier as flat earthers. You are disgusting. Speaking about morals and what not that you actually derive from a 2000 year old scripture that has been rewritten so many times by nebulous forces that even J.J Abrams would be proud of you.

Religion is a tool that helped built early societies. Stop clinging to these meme complexes you retard.
>>
>>101653630
Lies something in that,,mm.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-09-05-10h45m52s042.png (409KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-09-05-10h45m52s042.png
409KB, 848x482px
>>101656196
>If anyone is interesses I could tell the story that made me believe in god against

Basically, you grew narcissistic.
What hubris must you not have to think you were created by a God who also made this vast universe.
>>
I'm apathetic, but I find Christian girls much more attractive for some reason. Also apparently I'm a magnet for Christian girls anyway.
>>
>>101656485
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RF_resonant_cavity_thruster
>>
>>101656230

Oh that's just one reason, but a good one. White people just look silly and I'd be uncomfortable. I'm not exactly comfortable in social settings to begin with.

I'm following as best as I can for now. I'm doing a few online courses and slowly learning history and gurhmuki. If I can get the kana, I can get gurhmuki. I'm not going for Amritdari or anything like that, I'd just like to be able to read the characters at least.

Thanks for teaching me Sehajdhari. That's me.
>>
18. I was 20 when I returned to Christ.

There was a Catholic qt in uni who mentioned going to church off-hand and it sparked something in my mind that made me determined to try going to mass voluntarily for the first time, to see if it was any different than all those times I was forced to go as a child and it was like a new awakening.

I'm eternally grateful to her.
>>
Early 20s.
>>
16. Had a horrible existential crisis where I couldn't eat, couldn't get out of bed and couldn't stop thinking about the worst kinds of suffering someone would have to endure. Then I felt God's love and it gave me a new path in life.
>>
>>101644139
>>
File: jesus god.jpg (469KB, 1464x1518px) Image search: [Google]
jesus god.jpg
469KB, 1464x1518px
>>101644139
"God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all"
1 John 1:5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WbAuuVBdY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYCUtIRP30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTAmN4m2lQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vj0qKthCgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7fJOb9XGU

There is a loving God, he loves you all, he is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Pray for him to show you a sign.
Pray for Jesus Christ to come to you. Repent all your sins.

God bless.
>>
>>101657730
>There is a loving God, he loves you all, he is the God of (((Abraham))), (((Isaac))) and (((Jacob))).

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>101644139
Remember when christians thought demons caused illness and they didn't wash their hands?
>>
>>101656860
>>
>>101657360
Don't let yourself be brought into ego.

Also note Guru Granth Sahib page 1365

ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥੨੫॥
Bẖāvai lāʼnbe kes kar bẖāvai gẖarar mudā▫e. ||25||
You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald.
>>
>>101651390
>>101652482
>>101653032
>>101653383
>>101653503
>>101653594
>>101653801
>>101654126
>>101655011

There are one good God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and there are many false Gods -many imposters.

Many fallen angels or demons who claim to be God but are not, fallen angels who rebelled against God, these are the ones you read about in these false "religions".

Christianity stands out from all world religions by being specific, not vague and mystic, and specially by claiming God is good.
Ying-yang concepts of good and bad. saying God is good and evil.
Islam saying God will judge you however he likes, not even prophet Mohammed mohammed can know if he is saved.
Reincarnation of Hinduism according what you did or didnt do in this life.

One must understand its never based on being "a good person", as your level of good and Gods level are good will never meet. You will never be as good as God, so its based on faith.

Just remember God is good, and ask him to show you a sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsbj7EN1Uzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WbAuuVBdY0

Bill Wiese among others are great in this subject.

God bless.
>>
>>101644139
>>
>>101658654
Strong argument. Very impressed

have a (You)
>>
File: 1473695491562.jpg (30KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
1473695491562.jpg
30KB, 496x496px
>>101659352

have another you i stopped reading after your argument that the bible was rewritten .
>>
>>101644139
This world is a lie. Only God can save us. Death is absolution, and our revelation.

Deliver us.
>>
File: 1479120401933.jpg (103KB, 632x630px) Image search: [Google]
1479120401933.jpg
103KB, 632x630px
>>101658862
>Bill Wiese among others are great in this subject.

i do not really belief in hell as a eternal punishment,levels in hell ,dante was fiction , this guy would probably make a lot of money
>>
>>101644139
stop worshipping moloch u faggit (((christcuck)))
>>
File: AS_y8pnZNzw.jpg (55KB, 570x604px) Image search: [Google]
AS_y8pnZNzw.jpg
55KB, 570x604px
>>101650320
>>101650746
Why does shit like that only happens to amerifats ffs?
>tfw spend years looking for spooky or mystic stuff, trying occult stuff, etc and nothing ever happens
I guess commies killed the astral plane in this country.
>>
>>101644139 I was about 13
>>
>>101658692

Kesh isn't a problem.

Also you obviously know a lot more about Sikhi. I have a few questions about the hukamnama that I haven't been able to find a good answer for.

1. I've noticed that the hukamnama usually comes from the center third of the SGGSji. Is this standard?

2. The hukamnama is taken from the verse on the upper left-hand page at the top. Doesn't this prevent certain verses from ever being the hukamnama?

3. Can you really take one online? One side says sure, why not, another is very opposed to it.

If you have time. Thank you.
>>
>>101653394
Oh, no, you've got me all wrong. I've said before that I'm Catholic. I just think that God has given us the means to comprehend his creation, even if it is far down the road.

>>101653420
same here
>>
>>101660241
>Why does shit like that only happens to amerifats ffs?
because our country is fully of cannibalistic (((satanists))) and is built on the graveyards of cannibalistic indians
>>
File: jesus christ.jpg (94KB, 564x817px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ.jpg
94KB, 564x817px
>>101660113
you are entitled to believe whatever you want.

but as little as you know, Bill Wiese and his wife gave their multi-million-dollar careers in order to do this, spoke for free for 7 years without taking any payment.
So he gave up his money for this.

I know its impossible to believe for you, but not everyone are a zionist worshipping satanist caring about only money, some people want to serve God.
Pray.
>>
>>101659675
Fine, you might for some reason have no objection to the fact that something 'LITERAL' given by the god in form of lecture, be reinterpreted by monarchs to boast their personal views centuries later. However, please stop associating atheists with the dick munching progressive retards you have in your picture. This is not at all an accurate representation of many atheists. Then again, you're meme is 9fag tire, as it proves literally nothing, only that our world is still dominated by this incredibly stupid ilk. It's as if you would say on /pol/ : I am free from globalism, yet you talk about it every day. The fact that something exists, does not mean that you are a faggot for discussing it. You cannot go out of the way of not discussing religion, as it is still, sadly, such a big part of national and global culture.
>>
File: sloth.jpg (20KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
sloth.jpg
20KB, 210x210px
Ive never believed in a god but went full pretentious dawkins lover but without the fedora at about 17 and that lasted about 18 months. 25 now and starting to become interested in Christianity the past year or so but still haven't done anything about it.
>>
>>101660420
I was in your shoes and considering Sikhism a long time ago. I hold it in high regard.

1. Just that people typically go for around the middle for some reason; nothing more that I know of

2. I don't believe that there is

3. Personally I don't like the idea much as I feel it cheapens it a little, but I don't think there's any reason why not.

The one thing I do want you to do though is take up the meditation. Wake up early and spend some time meditating, chanting and reciting. Sikhism isn't just an intellectual faith but an active one too.

A lot of Westerners have a habit of not doing anything with the religion but "thinking" it. This comes from a Protestant mindset. You need to enter into the experience with God.
>>
>>101661200
Do something about it my friend. Go to a traditional church if possible and read into it.
>>
>>101660663
>I know its impossible to believe for you, but not everyone are a zionist

religion is a gold mine and has been abused from the start

>but as little as you know, Bill Wiese and his wife gave their multi-million-dollar careers in order to do this, spoke for free for 7 years without taking any payment.

Good for them then there are many false prophets , i belief in near death experiences but its more like a message
>>
>>101661401
No. Read up on biology, psychology, history and neuroscience. It will provide you with more truth than any leeching religious institution will ever provide besides cheap answers for the dumb to be exploited like the sheep they are.
>>
File: 1423216584201.jpg (7KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
1423216584201.jpg
7KB, 318x159px
>>101660241
>>tfw spend years looking for spooky or mystic stuff, trying occult stuff, etc and nothing ever happens
Maybe that's what you've been doing wrong.
You see, Ivan, only when you truly do not believe in spooky and occult or you do not expect happenings of spooky and occult, does something happen, because the flock do not teach the shepherd and the shepherd does not teach the flock, the shepherd instead seeks to grow the flock by touching those that truly don't believe.
>>
>>101661576
>le science and religion conflict maymay
>le sheeple maymay
You must be fun at family get-togethers.
>>
>>101647836
Story?
>>
>>101661200
It's a strange undertaking at first so not acting immediately is normal. We're always open to help if you want to discuss it, Anon.
>>
>>101644139

I was born atheist and I'll die atheist you middle eastern jew worshiping turn the other cheek cuck
>>
>>101661251

Thanks for your response. That's one of the few things I haven't yet found covered in my course.

It's amazing how difficult it is to just sit down and not interact with anything other than the mool mantra or whatever you like. You'd think that it would be something I'd run to do, if I truly buy into the whole thing. But my actions don't hold up. Still it's a habit and they aren't built overnight. I also have to think of how far this mindset is from what I've lived my entire life. There's bound to be some adjustment.

The first time I read through the Japji Sahib I was blown away. I suppose I started to get intimidated by learning it all, but it will take consistent practice. (I also know how to pray in Islam, and that came quickly, but because I was doing it at least five times a day.) So the capacity is there. The problem I guess is focus. As usual.
>>
>>101655292

Convert to Sikhi here, too.

You should visit a gurdwara.
>>
>>101644139
I never was an atheist, but when I was 11, I was stealing all the time, and I thought demons were in my room. Idk maybe I was a skitzo? But one day I accepted Jesus into my heart and i better.
>>
File: 1369871174466.png (963KB, 965x685px) Image search: [Google]
1369871174466.png
963KB, 965x685px
>>101661972

>this anger

There's no need for this baggage.
>>
>>101661200

You are probably surrounded by some very cool, old churches. Go for the architecture if nothing more.
>>
>>101644139
Around 20ish. Then I became agnostic.
>>
>>101661754
Unfortunately not exciting.

tl;dr Basically I was feeling a bit sick for a few days and started feeling awful. I went to the toilet and shit out a ton of blood. I was taken to hospital and kept losing blood, mainly from my arse.

Turns out I'd a haemorrhage in my stomach. I could have literally died from shitting myself to death.

I lost about 6 pints of blood and I was conscious through it except for a few seconds where I passed out. I talked through the whole thing.

I honestly think I must've been poisoned by something.

>>101662098
Sit and meditate. When your mind is losing focus recite the mul mantar.
>>
File: Exploitable Putin.jpg (56KB, 564x812px) Image search: [Google]
Exploitable Putin.jpg
56KB, 564x812px
>>101662525
>he's interested in a new way of life possibly
>recommend to at least go sight-seeing
>>

trying to find my way in christianity
but they all seem to have been infiltrated by tolerance and love for the jew.

My girl is protestant baptist, i am ex catholic from western europe so no way ill "choose" orthodoxy

Am in fact between a rock and a hard place
>>
>>101662925
who cares about your background, try orthodoxy?
>>
File: 1467016299467.png (619KB, 840x672px) Image search: [Google]
1467016299467.png
619KB, 840x672px
>>101661972
>>
>>101662727
Waheguru
>>
>>101662925
Just keep checking them out.

>>101663133
Waheguru indeed
>>
>>101644139
I was 23 hiking old monk trails to Byzantine orthodox monasteries nestled in the mountains of Greece all by my lonesome. At the time I was a degenerate rebellious turd who used drugs and was a jaded "atheist" 4chan user who visited places like /r9k/ fairly regularly and definitely had no g/f or even any prospects for a g/f.

But...Suddenly hiking through the the woods and only finding shrines to let me know I was still on the right path... I felt better than I ever had (even on other hikes) I felt inspired, life made sense and I had a new understanding of my life. From people I was calling "friends" to my general direction, to life itself. Its corny to say but I guess I "found Jesus" that day and I haven't looked back since.

I'm 26 now, I am still atoning for my sins and growing a spine, but since my spine came in I have a perfect g/f and the very real possibility of having a happy traditional family. Things I thought impossible before that hike 3 years ago.

I've cut all the shitty people of my life and generally feel good about my life. Atheism/drugs/nihilism are edgy cancer that hold us back from our true potential, whatever that may be.
>>
>>101661750
I know science and religion don't conflict on every matter. The modern scientific method literally stems from naturalism, which spawned from theology. It is still true, that religious dogma is incredibly close minded and causes more conflict than any of it's following ideologies ever did. Besides that, theology still holds this weird monopoly on explaining phenomena that many people for some reason expect to be only explained by religion, which is false. Morals, consciousness, existence - everything can be more accurately explained by scientific than theological theories. And yes. Sheeple is still wise, as people are literally not born religious. They are born as wandering and wondering creatures, but there is not something inherent religious to a new born. This is installed through culture, albeit religious, or non-religious culture. In that sense, I think that non-religious culture has a preference over independent thought, as taught by the scientific method, as opposed to religion, which is based on authority.

Family get-togethers have nothing to do with this and is a bad argument.
>>
>>101661972
>I was raised to be a cuckold and I'll die a cuckold
>>
>>101662925

i found out the only way is throught the bible . just have faith in jesus christ and keep the commandments of god , churches are a joke , the jews were wrong 2000 years ago and killed their messiah ,why would it be any different this time
>>
>>101663396
Excellent job, man.
>>
>>101644411
fellow Catholic here, had a similar experience at similar ages.
Atheism is a satanic meme.
>>
Aethism is a natural way for the young to challenge established ways. The unnatural way is when parents force their children to follow and believe in ideas/rules because they think it is the right way. But they came to that understanding through a life time of experiences that shaped their pov, where as their children are being told to blindly follow with no questions asked. That only leads to children who grow into mindless sheep that never question anything that is established. Better off letting them follow their own path and have experiences that shape their reality. Give them help to find experiences you think will benefit their development, but don't force them at an early age to believe in something that requires "faith", it's just unnatural.
>>
>>101652299
probs realized that SanFran was a shithole because it had no religious morals to control society
>>
>>101663094
Does your all seeing imaginary friend look the other way when you talk all that shit?
>>
File: 1467015556098.png (35KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1467015556098.png
35KB, 600x800px
>>101663912

God sees all faggot but i am not worried
>>
>>101663606
You're still repeating nonsensical memes from 2006.
>morals
>scientific theories

>consciousness
>scientific theories
top kek

You seem angry. You are young, surely.
>>
>>101662277

I will soon. I'd really like to see a SGGSji for real. There are also plenty of gurdwaras who stream services so I have a good idea as to structure/timing. It couldn't hurt.

>>101662727

I'm sure they ran blood tests on you, particularly since that is uncommon for your age group. You were also a minor at the time and (at least here) hospitals have to report any signs of abuse.

Now whether or not they told you the outcome is a different story. But that's. . .severe.
>>
>>101663396
In my life I met a somewhat dozen people who bragged about having "a perfect gf".
All of them had their relationships broken within a relatively short time afterwards, some even slumping into a severe depresson for a long time.
So, a friendly advice - don't do it. Bragging can and does jinx things.
>>
>grew out of

I never was this smug and condescending about it. As if there haven't been very mature atheists! If anything, Christianity can be a little childish by comparison.

There's a reason so many people talk about conversion as a rebirth. Anybody who talks about "growing out of" atheism either doesn't understand atheism or doesn't understand Christianity.
>>
>>101664346
I mentally and philosophically agreed with Sikhi for over a year before I actually took the time to visit a gurdwara. It kick-started my actual practice of Sikhi. It was a very pivotal moment in time. Hearing live kirtan was great.
>>
>>101644411
Same here. Accepted Christ at 23.
>>
File: 1431424832021.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431424832021.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>101663606
This is a good post but I find it a bit mixed up.

You say "non-religious culture", which is a catch-all for multiple kinds of things, and your support of it over religious alternatives but you state that what makes this good stems from naturalism and so it would be more accurate to say you support a culture denominated by naturalism. Further you defend naturalism, through the sciences, as having this same "weird monopoly" you criticize religions for having. If we're being honest enough to grasp that "religion" itself is a catch-all for a lot of different types of systems then your own dichotomy of "religion/no religion" makes no sense.

And it should be noted that the natural sciences has nothing to say about morality and existence, and only partially in consciousness. Much of this remains in philosophy.
>>
>>101644139
Never was a one, but this making me fear for my future

Thanks, fag
>>
>>101664346
Not sure about the tests but I wasn't a minor at the time. This was only a few years ago.

My other half's best friend is a nurse. Doctors, nurses etc have said they are surprised by how I survived and how quickly I went through it and how I seemed to feel fine. I didn't even know I had double pneumonia while I was in there.
>>
>>101664274
If you consider 24 young, than maybe I am. I am not sure to what you refer to as sonsensical memes from 2006. Two green texts wont do it for me, as there are plenty scientific theories on morals and consciousness, and if you cannot seem to find them while we have google scholar, history, evolutionary psychology and other means at our disposal, it is not my fault that you somehow prefer nonsensical evidence from religious movements.

You're very much trapped into the authority loop : Older knowledge > Better knowledge. It's not true. It might have served other or better purposes back then, but do not bid you well right now, as our human knowledge base has vastly expanded.

>Inb4 all progress is good so all conservatism is bad

I do not say that and never will, but the idea of (mono)theistic god's is as far-fetched as Scientology. There literally is no proof, and infinite regress still cripples your debate to such a point where you'd have to actually discuss (meta)physics, of which I am somewhat sure you have no knowledge on.
>>
>>101664133
Because he doesn't exist.
>>
>>101644139
>How old were you when you grew out of your atheist phase?
>>
File: 1475719580449.jpg (53KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1475719580449.jpg
53KB, 400x395px
>>101665434
>>
>>101665361
Actually, most of the things you are saying are older scientific opinions that are questionable - and most of the reasons my faith has become stronger has because of the research that proves that you're incorrect.

>24
If you're acting like this at 24 you're not doing very well.

>infinite regress
And apparently you don't understand religion either.

But by all means, keep using buzzwords like a SJW. Next thing I may hear is "problematic".
>>
>>101665434
>this anon
>>
>>101664922

I really hope there is a revival of kirtan and that they start using the original instruments. That's one test I want to give myself, and that is to listen to all of the raags and see if I really do feel what was intended. I know how powerful suggestion can be so don't want to know ahead of time. I do look forward to that.

>>101665309

Double pneumonia as well? It is amazing you survived with that much blood loss. I'm trying to think of what kind of poison would do that.
>>
File: 1456580288957.png (341KB, 898x531px) Image search: [Google]
1456580288957.png
341KB, 898x531px
>>
>>101663396
That's funny, I started reading the word very recently and have thought about going hiking to beat out all the bad effects of years of PC work and not going outside.
>>
>>101665361
>infinite regress still cripples your debate to such a point where you'd have to actually discuss (meta)physics

Anon, what?
Not to defend that other poster that's being irrational but you seem confused.

>>101665838
Stop accusing shit of this anon, you're not helping your point whatsoever.
>>
File: 1468420076581.gif (125KB, 500x675px) Image search: [Google]
1468420076581.gif
125KB, 500x675px
>>
>>101644139
I was 19
>>
File: 229454.jpg (65KB, 400x400px)
229454.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
>>101665582
What kind of god rewards douchebags like you and punishes people that want evidence?
>>
>>101665212
I can understand how I made some terms unclear for you.

Non-religious culture, in my view, very much has to do with a generalisation of how I personally view the world, pretty much in the same sense as Popper and other great scientific philosophers.

Furthermore, I do not state that it is good due to naturalism, I just stated that I am aware of the fact, due to the inherent nature of hierarchies, theology, led to naturalism, which led to the scientific method. I only used this example, to show that I am not a complete moron, who disregards anything religious, because IT ARE EVOL. I know that religious ideas (which I do not actually view as religious ideas, but more as a spiritual proliferation of psychedelic experiences past on to further generations as a sort of Chinese telephone experiment) are not bad or anything, I just say that the way we currently go around spreading half truths about religion, it's origin, and it's future, is probably misinformed.

I do not state a culture denominated by naturalism is good in that sense. Science obviously has an advantage on explaining the world as opposed to religion because if it's strict methodology, something theology utterly lacks. It is literally, basing your entire worldview, on a piece of scripture, and the interpretations of this scripture by knowledgeable people from the past.
>>
File: Bäjt.jpg (34KB, 550x633px)
Bäjt.jpg
34KB, 550x633px
>>101644139
What the fuck is this meme, I see it everywhere on this board, I know you niggers aint religious for shit, stop acting..
>>
File: Art of christendom3.jpg (3MB, 4742x2581px) Image search: [Google]
Art of christendom3.jpg
3MB, 4742x2581px
>>101666326
>>101666383
This is the kind of shit that ruins fair discourse.
>>
>>101666061
Yeah, I was nil-by-mouth for several days while they kept dealing with me but I honestly felt fine. I've felt worse in myself from minor colds. First thing I had when I was allowed was a McDonalds that was snuck in.

Though I really should get going for a while; I have a visitor now. Take care!

>>101666277
He doesn't have a point, though; I can't help but tease psychotic, angry people.
>>
>>101649130
Fuck, I want to do DMT really bad, or shrooms, or LSD. Basically anything psychedelic. I think i kinda need it at this time in my life.
>>
>>101666536
God has provided you with evidence

Praytell what hypothetical repeatable and verifiable scientific methodology would you employ in order to test the existence of God?

protip: you may regard the above question as being rhetorical
>>
>>101644139
Have pretty much been an atheist my whole life, I started maybe caring about religion when i was 12 and stopped caring again at 14. Haven't talked about religion with someone in over 10 years.

Really irrelevant to me, I don't think about that shit most of the time cause it's not relevant to my life goals at all.
>>
>>101666536

>Implying we are not all douchebags

Its not about the evidence , its what you do with the evidence, do you become a degenerate without god , many will that is his test
>>
>>101657126

doesnt say anything there about it breaking the laws of thermo dynamics
>>
>>101666912
>>101667047
There is no evidence that someone magically spoke the world into existence. You'd need a time machine for that.
>>
>>101665212
>>101666560
CONT

However, the fact that these knowledgeable people do not actually try to experiment with the world itself, means that their explanations will be futile in the end, however futile the experiments of naturalists or scientists may seem, they will sooner or later, provide more explanatory power than pure theology will ever provide.

Religion indeed, is a grasp all for systems that provide explanatory power. That's why different religious spawned from different places on the planet, while all focusing on explaining the same questions we were dealing with at the time, and somehow have found their way through time, albeit adjusted, to still provide meaning to many people living in 2016.

With regards to the natural sciences not having to say anything about morality and existence, I think that's a wrong notion. It is not as if ontology is making such a strong case, and even it is, it's methodology is a marker of the scientific method, as ontologies are commonly used in computer science and knowledge engineering, the fields that are directly influencing your entire sense of being. Besides that, there are truly brave and expanding fields within neuroscience, mathematics, physics and psychology that are trumping the last card of theology - that of explaining existence and morality (which of course, is still a cheap trick, as it simply was the first system after mythology to address it and is thus not really fair). Philosophy is actually the discipline that has failed to catch up recent developments, and is still grasping at straws to explain consciousness, riding around in explanatory loops.

I'm probably not able to convince you with these amounts of words, nor do I expect you to be convinced by the bad persuasion, but books like http://www.iawwai.com/FractalBrains.html and articles (please browse around more of them) http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00020/full might give more insight into what I am trying to convey.
>>
>>101666623

Thanks for your input and take care.

WGKK
WGKF
>>
>>101644139
at 14, like 90% of kids I was the one of the """"smartest""""
i was autochauvinist and atheist.
>hahhaha u believe in man with beard in the sky xDDDDD
Now i'm full orthodox christian and nationalist, I'm ashamed of my younger self, and i'll make sure my kid doesn't go thru that phase.
>>
>>101651197
My only point was that a true atheist would have no trouble typing the word God. To claim one is an atheist and then fear typing the word God is hypocritical. Obviously he's not an atheist, as he fears the wrath of God
>>
>>101665890
Do you have faith in Santa Claus?
>>
File: 1480560008206.jpg (85KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1480560008206.jpg
85KB, 960x955px
>>101660663
>>
>>101651247
No. There are many religions that claim to be the only true religion. What makes you sure yours is right?
>>
>>101646172
be a christian not a catholic
>>
>>101661972
I hope you don't bleed out from the edge you keep cutting yourself on.
>>
>>101666622
You need to read Chesterton, he is the greatest apologist in the last thousand years.
>>
>>101666277
How is infinite regress not a big metaphysical problem for religion? Whenever I think about the ontological nature of the universe, I am inclined to think that everything has always existed, and thus not need a maker, as one maker, would imply another maker, and another, but it would also imply that somebody makes that maker, and thus there must have been something out of nothing. Although many religious people use this argument about the big bang theory, it becomes futile whenever you consider the notion that 'being', or existence of matter, always existed, but just exists in different forms/universes, changes over time, and forms different galaxies.
>>
>>101644139
>>
meh magic nigger in the sky!!!
>>
>>101663396
Spending time in nature is what humbled me before God and gave me the joy of my life, I feel that my brother.
>>
I'm 20, but only recently started giving it thought. I was raised a Roman Catholic, and I still am - but I never really attend church. Well, for many years I ignored it until recently.

I like to think that we should all be capable of doing good things and not brag about them much like it says in the Bible. So I've kept that practice up. I don't think a church is necessary though. I should be able to find my spiritual guidance anywhere. What do?
>>
>>101667573
Dude
Typing G-d is a pretty recent /pol/ meme
Yes I know that's what some Jews do
But /pol/ just recently started doing that as a meme
>>
My atheist phase lasted for 4 years from 14 to 18. I was such a cringey fuck. Watched The Amazing Atheist and Cuck of Dusty all the time.
>>
>>101651775
God created satan.
>>
>>101668251
Fuck your Buddha or whatever the fuck you chinks worship.
>>
>>101667904
wow great post
>>
>claims to be redpilled
>believes in dusty old Jewish fairytale
Kek
>>
>>101669340
Classique atheist """"""""""""""argument""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Also, leaf, kys.
>>
>>101654829
Killing yourself right now is pointless. If you want to die, make it have meaning. Join the services. Save killing yourself for when you get backed against the wall by muslims. Keep fighting until then.

t. secular atheist
>>
File: condemnation.png (829KB, 632x543px) Image search: [Google]
condemnation.png
829KB, 632x543px
> Jesus says if you deny him in front of man, he will deny you in front of his father in heaven.

Choose wisely /pol/
>>
File: 1473879766838.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473879766838.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>101668251
Says the yellow faggot who worships a big tited little girl with tentacles coming out of her crotch. Back to your bomb crater dumb ass.
>>
>>101669104
japs emperor is supposed to be God
>>
>>101666813
Grow your own shrooms! -google "PF TEK"
I've done it and it's easy. You just have to be careful (not to get infections into your fungus) and PATIENT.
Oh and if the colony stops growing, hydrate it and keep it in the fridge for a day or two. That kickstarts the growing process. Really helped me out.
>>
>>101666813
Darkweb is super easy to use

Buy from someone who's from the same country so there's no customs involved and yer good
>>
File: wakeup.gif (2MB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
wakeup.gif
2MB, 480x300px
>>101655485
So are Jellyfish the only beings without sin? They're biologically immortal.

How about crocodiles? Some crocs are also biologically immortal. They never die without being killed by another.

Are dogs, then, one of the most sinful creatures with a lifespan of only 10-15 years?

What about mayflies? They die of old age at around 48 hours old.

Are these creatures ripe with sin?

If the wage of sin is death, then why do creatures whom did not eat the quince die much more rapidly than God's most imperfect creation, Man?
>>
>>101644139
25, when I finally saw the light in Kek's wisdom.
>>
The bible denies evolution and says the earth is flat. Emotional theists hiding from reality, get on my level. This universe is a cold uncaring shitshow just face it
>>
>>101670146
None of those animals ate of the Tree of Knowledge.

You should really learn what you're talking about before you try to talk about this shit.
>>
>>101668251
Shingon Buddhism is based.
>>
>>101670367
This.
You have to be especially naive or self-important to think anything out there gives a fuck about what you do or dont do. Or that you are some special unique creation.
>>
>>101668478

>g-d is new

I've only been here for five years, and G-d was here then.
>>
>>101670524
What species did then?
>>
>>101670643
You're right.
I assumed that guy used G-d ironically but I have no real way of knowing.
>>
File: 1464667241098.jpg (128KB, 790x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1464667241098.jpg
128KB, 790x1053px
>>101656931
This. I'm an atheist but Christianity is ABSOLUTELY necessary for the weak and intellectually impaired, aka children and women. No offence to you Christians, I just have never enjoyed lying to myself.

If you people want some good religion, look into Thomas Jefferson's paraphrasing of the bible. I believe it is called The Life and Miracles of Jesus Christ, but I may be wrong.

It's basically the KJV bible, but stripped of "magic" and occult, and only left with the morality teachings of Jesus, which are 95% on point with what we consider "moral objectivism"

Pic related is evidence why atheists should still support Christianity for the masses
>>
>>101645620
>can't even bring himself to say "God"

Bill and Seth must be so proud of you.
>>
>>101670146
>shortness of lifespan = degree of sinfulness
it's not a 2+2 type of equation, fedorabro
It's not as simple or complicated as you might think, but you don't actually care to investigate honestly, so why am I wasting my time
>>
>>101670367
ISAIAH 40:22
> הַיֹּשֵׁב עַל־חוּג הָאָרֶץ, וְיֹשְׁבֶיהָ כַּחֲגָבִים; הַנּוֹטֶה כַדֹּק שָׁמַיִם, וַיִּמְתָּחֵם כָּאֹהֶל לָשָׁבֶת׃
> חוּג
> חוּג
> חוּג
Means not only circle, but orb or sphere as well. It's fuckin' quran which openly says that earth is flat, NOT THE HOLY BIBLE.
>>
>>101646172
Hero King Gustav Adolphus died fighting in the 100 Years War to protect your right to be a Lutheran.

Is this how you repay him?
>>
>>101670889

No its usualy how you detect jews , dont use his name in vain is one of the commandsments , maybe its better to use g-d when you shitpost
>>
>>101657453
That feeling was called "wanting to get laid" and many greater men than you have been dragged to church for it. You're now settling in to a routine to allow you to continue to get laid. It's called brain chemistry, and it's the same thing responsible for grown men falling in love with strippers and hookers
>>
File: _84606042_satan-promo.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_84606042_satan-promo.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>101671004
Oy vey, so enlightened.
>>
>>101646065
You sound like some tumblr retard describing their gender
>>
File: bard.jpg (131KB, 700x845px) Image search: [Google]
bard.jpg
131KB, 700x845px
>>101666560
>Non-religious culture, in my view, very much has to do with...

Which is fair as the "throwing off of religion" meme has existed since the Enlightenment period, but it is still blatantly harshly inaccurate and damages discourse. Mainly stemming from the generalization of religion as a whole when most of criticism is specific to Abrahamic religions or, perhaps, revealed religions.

Religions are established ways of life based on metaphysical worldviews, in the most basic sense, so talking about religion explaining things or being a parallel to the natural sciences is entirely absurd and basically a categorical error. This sort of view leads to modern naturalists' disdain for any views within the sciences or philosophy of science that could lead to anything like classical religion. You can accept a worldview tied to religion without accepting religion. Religion has little to no explanatory power in itself unless you are suddenly making claims of cultural institutions. I get what you're saying about naturalism and I'm sorry for judging your position there before but ultimately you're not defining what you mean by "non-religious culture" if you're still vaguely denying naturalism as its definition.

Ultimately, your comment about pursuing the sciences rather than Christianity for the original anon in >>101661576 misses the point altogether of what religion is, which is mainly a manner of living and basic premises of reality that cultural institutions have various understandings of. The way of life precedes any grasp of life so recommending the sciences misunderstands what the anon is pursuing.
>which I do not actually view as religious ideas, but...

I have to leave soon so I can't speak much on this view but I will just leave it by saying I find this terribly inaccurate of most religions to the point of ignorance. We'll have to talk about this again when I have more time to spend.

Part 1/2
>>
File: Amazing Crown.jpg (157KB, 477x700px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Crown.jpg
157KB, 477x700px
>>101671648
Part 2/2

>With regards to the natural sciences not having to say anything about morality and existence, I think that's a wrong notion...

Eh, you have me there. Regardless, while metaphysics and the sciences work together on grasping reality, it would be improper to say that morality and existence are places of work by the sciences in the same sense I wouldn't say that anthropology departments are making progress in political science. They aid in informing but that's about it.

>Besides that, there are truly brave and expanding fields within neuroscience, mathematics, physics and psychology that are trumping the last card of theology - that of explaining existence and morality...

This is entirely untrue. Philosophy departments have been caught up with postmodern bullshit for some time, which has caused derision between scientists and philosophers but the sciences has next to nothing to say about morality and ontology innately. What you're seeing, actually, is scientists being cross-disciplined in the philosophy of science and metaphysically generally to the point that they can fill in holes that many philosophers are not at the moment.

And the sciences are doing nothing to theology generally. They still struggle with intentionality, of all things, and we're seeing a massive backlash against eliminativists which is damaging hope in naturalism as a whole. More importantly, modern scientists seemingly ignore divine conservation altogether and the discourse over it despite most of western theism until the moderns refocusing towards temporal causation (a "before the big bang"). While this is a valuable discussion, it completely ignores how the vast majority of cosmological arguments revolve around divine conservation - a sustaining causation.

Anyway, good chat. I need to head to work. Night, m8. Well continue this later.
>>
>>101668521
same
>>
>>101671287
>Isaiah 40:[21] Do you not know? hath it not been heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have you not understood the foundations of the earth? [22] It is he [God] that sitteth upon the globe of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as locusts: he that stretcheth out the heavens as nothing, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in
based Xtianity, never quit, always pray
>>
>>101644139
Growing out of Atheism is like growing out of not believing in Santa.

You all are just fooling yourselves. You either are still Atheist, but are repulsed by other Atheists, or you were never Atheist to begin with, but just told yourself you were.
>>
>>101671976
> always pray
No need unless you are a monk. Pray when you feel it is needed.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
what type of a fucking question is this you faggot cuck. you religious fucks are one of the many cancers of this world. you dumb fucks hold back the intelligence of humanity.
>>
>>101644139
I've always been a Christian. My parents might be liberal (Trump supporters), but they weren't liberal enough to fall for the meme that is Atheism.
>>
File: Chi Rho1.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Chi Rho1.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>101668064

One more post

>How is infinite regress not a big metaphysical problem for religion?

It's not for "religion" because "religion" is a lot of different systems. It's a big thing for Abrahamic theology, yes, but at that point we're already discussing metaphysics which is my main complaint about your line that I quoted.

Most importantly, however, as I just mentioned, is that infinite regress is mainly addressed in Christian theology is not in a temporal sense but almost exclusively addressed in the form of immediate sustaining causation in a hierarchical sense. You seem to ignore this, speaking about how things "always existed".

But anyway, I'mout.
>>
>>101644139
Had confirmation that there's a higher power at 23
>>
Dont be blinded by the shills.
God is there but not what you think.
How old were you when you read this?
http://pastebin.com/yvxa9Lrs
>>
>>101666912
How about the prayer coin toss test?

It has been tested, and prayer, even by large groups, has never been able to affect a coin toss.

>INB4 God isn't beholden to you

But he kinda is, He created us, therefore he has a responsibility to make sure we are all aware. Saying that there is evidence because the bible exists is a fallacy. By that token, Christians really have no more evidence than other religions. There is literally just as much evidence for the existence of Sam I Am as there is for Jesus.

>INB4 Fedora
>INB4 Casting judgment on me
>INB4 "you will never get it" fallacy aka appeal to emotion

I don't want to argue, I want to be convinced, but even the most studied of ACTUAL seminary educated Theologians can't rectify this without resorting to faith.

Faith is fine, but you need to logically decide what to put your faith in, before turning yourself over it.

So again, where is the logical evidence that Jesus actually existed as God besides what amounts to an old story book?

How can God ask any of us to have faith without personally delivering the message? He has, undoubtedly, entrusted his message to some shady characters if Christianity is correct, and don't even get started on Islam, because yes...That's clearly wrong, but for objective moral reasons
>>
>>101668478
I've never seen anyone use it besides actual jews.... Just saying.
I've been here since before pol was a thing.

>OG opposite day thread
>feels bad man
>>
>>101669507
pretty convenient catch-all wouldn't you say?

almost like....it was designed that way...
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.