[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished the design for a bird today! It is my first design and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0105.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Finished the design for a bird today!
It is my first design and has taken me one month to fold and design.
This one is made from a 25 centimeter piece of American kami paper, so it doesn't look as well as it could. Is anyone interested in a crease pattern?
>>
File: IMG_0104.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>554105
That's really cool! Nice work. I'm brand new to origami, so could you explain how exactly you designed this?
>>
that looks cool you must be skilled
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>554115
I created it by first using box pleating to create a stick-figure base. Then, I used a method called grafting to add paper to the wings to give them larger area and to the feet to create more toes. I then edited the Proportions of the model to look good when folded from a square.
>>
>>554115
You can find some books by Robert Lang about design in this huge free catalog of origami books
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B3-i1QT9mOBlaGdFT1dwUHRTcVk
>>
>>554105
Nice one, keep it up!
>>
File: IMG_0118.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Another fold of the same model
>>
>>554126
I'd not take Lang's books to be gospel though. They lay the math down, but that is not all you need.

Alot of modern folders think it is and that leads to people who can make really complex pieces, but they look the same as anyone else's or more often worse versions because they lack artistic expression.

Don't forget to work on your own style as you go. Origami is an art form first, math is only one tool you can use
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.