[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /po/, I have some problems regarding my models. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 20170408_143832.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_143832.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Hello /po/, I have some problems regarding my models. I have been trying some harder models lately, but the moment the model starts to get complex, I start to have some "bruised" looking parts, and whenever it gets foldel over itself a decent amount of times, I have a hard time even keep figure from staying folded.

Pic related is a Grey Wolf I tried a few days back, But the only way I could make it remain close in the middle was using some tape.

Is there any practice I should learn/avoid to prevent these types of events?
>>
File: 20170408_142322.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_142322.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Also I have noticed I tend to scratch smaller parts more, probably because of more attempts at molding and giving it the shape I want.

Pic related is a pegasus whose head got completely deformed, the details on the wing don't remain in its place, and I gave up on the tail.
>>
>>551749
Try out different papers

Always fold a model at least three times, the first one will always look bad

Think how to realize instructions. E.g. if the diagrams say to fold 4 layers along one line, fold thrm individually, not at once
>>
>>551749
Well there is a lot of things that could help you but i think the most important are :

-Paper : it looks like you're folding with printer paper. If that is the case you NEED to change your paper. You can start with kraft paper, it's not he best paper there is but it's way better than printer paper. Try to use bigger sheets also.

-Practice : practice makes perfect.

-Patience : take your time to fold, don't rush things. Try to make every crease as acurate as possible.
>>
>>552065
>>552085
Yes, I am using printed paper, since there isn't a specialized paper shop in my part of the country. I looked around and found a way to make special paper out of I think it was aluminium, and some short of DINA3 toilet paper made out of coffee, which I didn't found. So I was stuck with regular paper.

I don't tend to fold the same model more than once if it is very complicated, because it usually ends up taking a lot of effort, and looking quite dissapointing, so I end up going back to simpler models. I'll try repeating some of them next time.

Also that seems like a great, to fold layers individually. It will definitely help with the crieses that end up going out of place.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll try to find a way to craft some origami friendly paper out of the materials I have around, and fold each layer individually.
>>
>>552211
You can find Kraft paper, it's NOT some "crafted" paper. "Kraft" is the german for strength or something like this. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_paper. It is usually used to wrap all sorts of things and very easy to find.

Then again, if you continue origami there are way better papers than Kraft but this is a good start, and it's extra cheap.
>>
File: 1489499600975.jpg (108KB, 499x488px) Image search: [Google]
1489499600975.jpg
108KB, 499x488px
>>552211
>DINA3 toilet paper made out of coffee
kek
It's tissue paper and available in gift shops.
Depending on where you live, you can try out some onlineshops. In europe, miyabi has some nice papers and origami-shop.com ships world-wide. The prices (especially at origami-shop) are between impudence and an insult, but it gives you an overview about the materials and you can try out some papers.
>>
File: IMG_2073.jpg (960KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.jpg
960KB, 2592x1936px
Wow that is really good!!!!!! Tell me what you think of my paperwork.... I know it's a good old paper aeroplane I'm crap at paperwork xD
>>
1. Bone folders make a huge difference. Use a butter knife if you have to. Try to make all creases against a table, not floating in the air.
2. I've been folding before I could speak, and even my first try at a model comes out very similar to what you have. Takes me usually the second or third try.
3. Models that you have right there might take me about an hour. Turn on some music, podcast or audiobook and take a long ass time. I go totally Zen while folding and take time perfecting each crease.
4. Leonardo Da Vinci once said something like 'the first cut is always the deepest', so make your initial folds as clean, crisp and accurate as possible.

These are just some tips for instant results on making origami look better. These tips will make your models closer to perfect, but nothing beats practice in the long run.
>>
m8 just get some cheap 15cm kami off the interwebs
>>
-use glue
-use foil backed paper
-use a bone folder, or a popsicle stick to flatten creases
>>
>>554233
>-use a bone folder, or a popsicle stick to flatten creases
I'll never understand the need for that kind of accessory.
We own five natural crease-flatteners on each hands (and feet), these are those parts called "nails".
Are you so unhealthy that your nails are soft as rubber?
>>
>>554242
Just because you cant afford one doesn't mean it's not useful
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.