[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetigs. /po/ visitor from /trv/ here -- was attending a kite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: paper springy thing 1.jpg (30KB, 814x601px) Image search: [Google]
paper springy thing 1.jpg
30KB, 814x601px
Greetigs. /po/ visitor from /trv/ here -- was attending a kite festival in Mexico, a kid from an orphanage which brought kids out to the event gave me this. I have no idea what it would be called, and can't figure out how to un-fold it without wrecking it. But it is intriguing, would love to know how to make one.

Anybody know what this is or know where a plan for the folding is?

Pic 1 of 3
>>
File: paper springy thing 2.jpg (27KB, 804x603px) Image search: [Google]
paper springy thing 2.jpg
27KB, 804x603px
>>551272
Pic 2 of 3
>>
File: paper springy thing 3.jpg (27KB, 802x576px) Image search: [Google]
paper springy thing 3.jpg
27KB, 802x576px
>>551273
Pic 3 of 3 -- ut sort of accordions out when you gently squeeze the middle section.
>>
It's "Spring into action", a model of Jeff Beynon from a A-like rectangle.
It is diagrammed in many magazines, as you can see (for example) here:
http://www.giladorigami.com/origami-database/spring%20into%20action
>>
>>551284
Also, there are a few websites where you can find the diagram, such as:
http://www1.ttcn.ne.jp/~a-nishi/spring/z_spring.html
>>
>>551272
Welcome!
>>
>>551284
>>551285
>>551286

Thank you!
>>
Slowest moving board with the quickest responses
>>
Good luck anon. It's actually quite difficult to fold that model for the first time. It might be easier if you have a working model to compare with, though.
I found both printed and video instructions to be somewhat lacking, although once I had figured out what to do, it became much easier to duplicate. It's just hard to explain exactly what you need to do, and hard to show in a video because unless you know exactly what the fingers are doing, the spiral seems to form as if by magic.

Once you figure it out I think it's very rewarding. I love models that can be pressed flat and I love action origami. Try making it out of different weights of paper and see how the "springiness" changes.
>>
The other day I was thinking I should start folding again. Then I found this haven for paper art.
Thank you for making things easier. Xx
>>
>>551272
Video tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aul0SzPVsls
>>
>>551272
cool.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.