[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /po/, I'm making a game and one of the worlds in it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (829KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
829KB, 2592x1936px
Hey /po/, I'm making a game and one of the worlds in it is an origami/paper world, so I'm coming to you for help.

One of my problems is that I plan on having a paper katana as one of the weapons available to the player, but I can't figure out how to make it look "papery" enough,since every origami sword I've been able to find doesn't show the visible qualities of paper/origami. Pic related. I'm looking for something that's obviously origami. Do you have any ideas regarding what designs I could use or some elements I could use in the art that would help?

My other problem is the issue of NPCs and enemies. I figure I'll probably have a paper dragon show up somewhere, but I don't know what else to use for enemies. Any ideas are appreciated.
>>
File: Origami-Katana4.jpg (67KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Origami-Katana4.jpg
67KB, 791x1024px
well the pic you posted is paper craft OP and as for enemies and animals my best advice to you would be too look up origami models already folded and try and mimic their shapes and creases which is the most distinguishing thing about origami imo

try pic related for a sword
>>
>>548599
theres also this sword
>>
I like your idea of the paper-world! How about some origami-insects, scorpions, cobras as enemies? Also a venus fly-trap could be nice...Feed me Seymour!
>>
>>
maybe you should look for more simple designs, so they look more papery and not too real...
>>
>>548646
This is awesome. How can i make one ?
>>
>>548649
ThereĀ“s a Video Tutorial on Tim RickmanĀ“s YT
>>
OP I'm assuming you've looked at the game Tearaway for inspiration on making things look papery?
>>
>>548707
>>548764

Madman
>>
>>548766
>>
>>548574
>My other problem is the issue of NPCs and enemies. I figure I'll probably have a paper dragon show up somewhere, but I don't know what else to use for enemies. Any ideas are appreciated.

you gotta have a paper tiger, it just makes sense
>>
Are you using 3d models or spites?
>>
Look at the art style of Okami, that should give you an idea of what to do.
>>
>>548574
Genuine Japanese cardboard katanas are folded over 1000 times and can cut right through any other kind of paper.
>>
I suggest >>>/po/
>>
wew
>>
>>548574

>but I don't know what else to use for enemies.

Silverfish. And other things that traditionally feed on paper.
>>
gjhg
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.