[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a /tg/ mini game about bikini armor based battles a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 35

File: lowtier1.png (35KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
lowtier1.png
35KB, 612x792px
I made a /tg/ mini game about bikini armor based battles a while back, with /po/ minis. I think it was destroyed in one of the new thread spam purges or something. Anyway, I opened up my old files and fixed them up a bunch today. Here's some stuff. Enjoy, but I'm looking for comments along the lines of "This specific thing right here looks like shit/is needlessly difficult" so anything along those lines is appreciated.
>>
File: hightier1.png (45KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
hightier1.png
45KB, 612x792px
Here's a second thing.
>>
The only problemàtic stuf I ser are the braids. But with some patience seems doable
>>
>>544242
That's probably a good call, perhaps I can edit it a little bit.
>>
File: hair.png (573B, 105x176px) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
573B, 105x176px
>>544242
>>544250
Actually, since you brought this up, does this fix the problem, or is the issue that you have to fold a tiny strip of paper the long way without any kind of guide and the fold is tiny? Or is it something else?
>>
File: Foto 1m.png (466KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
Foto 1m.png
466KB, 500x390px
>>544242
The ones I built were top-heavy from the hair so I made a stance for stability.
>>
>>544252
This looks much easier. Not that nice, but at that size...
>>
File: hair2.png (398B, 46x87px) Image search: [Google]
hair2.png
398B, 46x87px
>>544346
I remember you from last time. Hello! I lean towards putting some solid object on the inside of the tube at the bottom, but your way raises the possibility of display stands for multiple figs, and mass movement stands for game convenience.

>>544364
I also did this, which should be by far the easiest to assemble. I haven't actually tried it out yet though.
>>
File: gras18 test.png (14KB, 163x61px) Image search: [Google]
gras18 test.png
14KB, 163x61px
>>544365
Sorry the transparent template is not on this computer.
>>
>>544431
That's easy enough to edit if I have some other idea. Actually, here's one.

The actual game has a standard pseudobalanced pvp version, and a couple of pve setups where random enemies show up and haphazardly attack the player. They come with scale maps to be printed and used as the play area and neutral hazard models, which are currently just flat markers. I could definitely make nice looking ones in the same art style, then make matching bases. Bonus: you can move figs to different bases between games so they match the set.

Next time I'll build all of the stuff in the thread, for science.
>>
File: bikini barbarian stand.png (1KB, 163x61px) Image search: [Google]
bikini barbarian stand.png
1KB, 163x61px
>>544431
>>
File: bikini barbarians asians.png (54KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
bikini barbarians asians.png
54KB, 612x792px
>>544237
made the final touches on my asian barbarians
>>
>>544487
I was hoping that people would do edits. If nothing else, you need to change the team colors to have opposing squads. I like the new hairstyles, the axe, and I think it's pretty appropriate that paper bikini barbarians get a "folded 1000 times" thing. Also, nice job fitting the arms into that space. Have you tried assembling the smaller hair piece yet? It looks hard. Also, what is the green rectangle by the rightmost bow? And is it ok if I steal and edit everything?

On my end, I tried doing some bases. The stability is nice and I like having the option to decorate them, but I thought they were a lot of work to put together, especially for something that isn't visible. The middle two are on the base posted earlier. The redhead is on one similar to the one on the right -- it's just a loop. It squishes down when you put a model on it, then expands to hold it in place. It's about as sturdy, but it comes apart and goes back together easily if left unglued. I haven't made an official layout for it yet though (but it's easy to reverse engineer if you're waiting).
>>
File: hightier2.png (44KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
hightier2.png
44KB, 612x792px
>>544505
Second update, made some progress on a better version of >>544238
featuring upgrades such as the hair types added in this thread, a skull, and extended outlines on the head tops to make the tabs easier to hide (somebody else did this, I think, and I forgot to apply it consistently).
>>
File: bikini barbarian 71a.png (2KB, 105x112px) Image search: [Google]
bikini barbarian 71a.png
2KB, 105x112px
>>544505
As I took yours first and changed them they are free to use and sditing. The "green thing" seems to be some left over decoration I didn't use.
I'm glad you like them! Planing to isue another - hope it doesn't take as long as this one.
>>
>>544516
Thanks. I'm definitely going to be slow as hell when it comes to updating myself, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, I didn't include enough arms in >>544508
Pic fixes that problem.
>>
File: hightier3.png (44KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
hightier3.png
44KB, 612x792px
>>544518
Er, pic.
>>
File: base.png (560B, 87x107px) Image search: [Google]
base.png
560B, 87x107px
Also, here's an early model of the base I've been using. I haven't printed it to test it out, but it's pretty much identical to the one on the right in >>544505

Obviously pink should be replaced with something appropriate.
>>
File: elvira.png (3KB, 219x175px) Image search: [Google]
elvira.png
3KB, 219x175px
Actually, decided to go fast for a minute and made a couple of attempts at Elvira. I dunno what game rules to apply to her but I think she fits.

Now I'm trying to figure out whether nonstandard heights should be a thing (Elvira's beehive makes her model a lot taller). Should I bother modeling height boosts from heels, or just kinda handwave it?
>>
File: jessica rabbit.png (2KB, 105x160px) Image search: [Google]
jessica rabbit.png
2KB, 105x160px
>>544534
I think you could wave the boost from heels. The figure is 1 inch (72pix) high and has three equal parts (24pix each): head, body and legs.
>>
File: pam.png (2KB, 197x112px) Image search: [Google]
pam.png
2KB, 197x112px
I made an attempt at Pam Grier in The Arena.

>>544675
Probably sensible. I tend to make stuff too hard! Also, nice Jessica. I may make a more dungeon crawlery version of yours at some point, but first I'll have to decide if her dress means she's a magic user, or if she gets armored up slightly and equipped with some kind of microphone looking flail.

Since we've both made multiple variations on the original hairstyles, I'm wondering if you've figured out anything about that? I'm thinking less about design and more about technique -- think the top two sheets in the thread, where there's a base hair color divided into chunks by a darker outline, vs Right Elvira where I did a solid color and tried to do details by doing lighting effects (badly) vs Jessica where you did a solid color plus important details. Any places you see space for easy improvements?
>>
File: bikini barbarian white nude.png (1KB, 105x112px) Image search: [Google]
bikini barbarian white nude.png
1KB, 105x112px
>>544708
Ordinary soldiers - ordinary hair; symmetrical, easy to draw and recolour. Special character - special hair. I think it's still the same technique whether you lighten/darken the base colour with a few/some/more strokes.
I get some of my inspirations here
https://dribbble.com/
obviously I'm the pixel guy.
I also made a template to get the three segments and coverings right. Extensions in hight (beehive) should be in proportion (1/2, 2/3, 3/4) with the segment (24pix). High heels have which intention? Make small women look taller, so you wouldn't shorten Jessica without heels.
Keep it simple it's only a private game.
>>
File: blip.png (549B, 102x112px) Image search: [Google]
blip.png
549B, 102x112px
>>544745
The proportions are definitely going to be weird for these. They need big heads or their faces will be too tiny to include any details. I also favor making the legs as long as possible, but sometimes that conflicts with adding costume details because most of those go on the torso and space is so limited.

I'll take a look at dribble, and I'm definitely going to go easy on hairstyles for the rank and file.

Since I'm trying to avoid posting without a new pic, here's a random encounter marker for the game scenario where the heroes are exploring a dungeon. It's not that exciting by itself, but I think I'm going to run a game and let posters direct the heroes (probably on /qst/) so I'm going to need all of the little fiddly bits like this.
>>
File: IMG_1985m.png (967KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985m.png
967KB, 700x640px
>>544505
smaller hair piece. no problem
>>
>>544755
looking good
>>
File: IMG_1984m.png (565KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1984m.png
565KB, 400x640px
With the banner in her hand deep in trance the shaman raised the spirits of her clan.
>>
File: tile4.png (8KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
tile4.png
8KB, 576x720px
Here's a game board piece that I'm putting together for the dungeon crawl scenario.

>>544770
Ah ok. I think I might have deleted those from the standard sheet for being too tiny, so seeing it assembled is nice.

>>544871
Did you do something complicated with the hand here? Or is it just the standard model folded differently. Now that I'm looking at it I realize that the way I designed it doesn't really support holding that piece in the way that makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_1996-7.png (1MB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1996-7.png
1MB, 900x500px
>>544891
the dimensions of the tile you'r building (6"x4")
>>544871
Just a different fold to reach around the pole.
>>
>>545028
Did you take something with that pattern and then fold it? I'd actually meant it to just be a flat piece laid on the table, though immediately after I posted it I realized it would be more fun to build walls rather than just doing a top down map. So it's not super relevant.

I'm working overtime for the foreseeable future, so I don't have anything to add, but I am going to continue churning out material once I have a little bit more time.
>>
File: rohan_house.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
rohan_house.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>545034
I mistook the sides and the black corners. It's sufficient if you glue the ground to some piece of packing cardboard. The patter was in the web and I resized it.
Also found the Rohan House
http://www.papierschnitzel.com/the-rohan-house/
with matching size.
>>
File: IMG_2000m.png (1MB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2000m.png
1MB, 900x500px
Fury
>>
File: loot.png (628B, 87x107px) Image search: [Google]
loot.png
628B, 87x107px
Still here. Just designed some walls, printed them on my shit printer, built them, and immediately changed my mind on how they should work. The model sitting on my desk looks like shit and the current design makes no sense, so I'm not posting either. But it's progress! To avoid posting without an image, I did a loot marker. In order to run the /qst/ game I'll just need to pick a couple of heroes, then assemble a sheet for models for all of the baddies that might show up, give everybody appropriate team colors, and then print everything on the good printer and assemble them all. Which is doable, but won't be done any time soon.
>>
File: Mummy test.png (2KB, 105x112px) Image search: [Google]
Mummy test.png
2KB, 105x112px
villain of the dungeon
>>
File: skull.png (1KB, 102x104px) Image search: [Google]
skull.png
1KB, 102x104px
unscathed skull
>>
File: walls.png (5KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
walls.png
5KB, 612x792px
Continuing to very slowly poke away at this! Here's a chunk of scenery. It's two cubes with no bottoms. The big "x2" is just a personal note so I remember to print two of them. When I built my test version, I ended up cutting off the bottom tabs, though I'm probably going to glue them to some kind of base when I make the real one. Black parts are the ones facing away from the "visible" play area.

>>545379
I really wanted to make an edit of this along the lines of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yWeMIALolY but I didn't end up doing it.

>>545477
I wonder if this looks weird assembled, and I wonder if you could get a similar effect by doing the black parts on the sides in the bottom medium gray color.
>>
File: walls2.png (7KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
walls2.png
7KB, 612x792px
>>545905
Bigger thing, pretty much the same as the previous thing. This one goes with the next image.
>>
File: walls3.png (8KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
walls3.png
8KB, 612x792px
>>545907
Second half. This one could definitely be tetrised together a little bit more intelligently.
>>
File: walls4.png (6KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
walls4.png
6KB, 612x792px
Last one. I realized that it might make a bit more sense if I put the tabs on the black part rather than on the walls, since there's a completely invisible fold in it (though I think if you assemble it you'll realize that there's extra black space and an empty wall where it could go and you'll figure it out).
>>
>>545910
>>
File: skull 2.png (1KB, 102x104px) Image search: [Google]
skull 2.png
1KB, 102x104px
>>545905
A skeleton will look even more funny.
>>
File: bikini barbarian red sonja.png (2KB, 105x112px) Image search: [Google]
bikini barbarian red sonja.png
2KB, 105x112px
>>544675
Red Sonja
>>
>>545935
This is nice. I had thought of doing a skeleton as a wall decoration for the standard dungeon thing, but it's a low priority.

>>546014
This is great.

I've come up with the full list of stuff I need to make the /qst/ thread and I'll be putting it together slowly.
>>
File: IMG_2035m.png (306KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2035m.png
306KB, 300x400px
Ordinary foot soldier with bamboo armor, short sword (or Naginata/Guan Dao) and small shield (optional straw hat). Will make up the main troops of the yellow army.
>>
File: goblin pale green 1.png (2KB, 105x112px) Image search: [Google]
goblin pale green 1.png
2KB, 105x112px
Goblin
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.