[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /po/ first time here, I've got a project coming up where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: paper plane.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
paper plane.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Hi /po/ first time here,

I've got a project coming up where we have to make a paper airplane that can fly a minimum of 20 feet.

I figured you guys would be a pretty good source for ideas

any tips/ideas?

Only issue is I would need external links to whatever you guys wish to show, i'll probably need to cite my sources.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>543102
get one of those "the best planes you'll ever fly" books, dunno from where to get it really
>>
dafuq OP i went to search up stuff and google gave me tons of sources, don't be lazy OP dammit

http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/aero.pdf

http://srel.uga.edu/outreach/kidsdoscience/sci-method-planes/airplane-designs.pdf

http://web.mit.edu/swe/www/PaperAirplanes.pdf

one's even from MIT so you could give that one to your teacher in APA source style so that she shits the pants
>>
>>543102

You could also search for annular (or ring) paper plane, they're completely different from usual paper planes. It is said that they glide really well but you have to learn how to properly launch it.

By the way you should spend a fair amount of time to train to launch your paper plane, even if you don't go for the ring wing. Launch technique is probably at least as important a the choice of the paper plane model.

The choice of material is probably also very important.
>>
>>543102
just fold the paper up so much it becomes a dart and then just throw it
>>
>>543102

whitewings style is the best, but fairly time consuming to make vs folding
>>
>>543102
If you tape two pieces of paper lengthwise. And fild the topmost edges to the cebter twice, youll have made a great dart and how far it flies is just dependant on the force and angle you give it on the throw. It flies in a perfect parabola but it can pass as an airplane.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I was searching for a video of a specific paper airplane design I have used since high school and I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljTDb2cyhc

It was in a big book of paper airplanes I used to have and it is one of two designs that I can still remember how to do. This one was the very first design in the book. The book referred to it as the "American Standard" and it supposedly won competitions in the past. It's super easy to do and remember how to do, and it flies beautifully every time.
>>
>>543127
I don't fucking get it what's the difference between the brown bat and flying squirrel?
>>
>>545885
I'd guess there is none. All the three models are displayed twice, with different names. Probably something made for children. Dunno.
>>
>>544976
I love paper
>>
File: 20170109_220406.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_220406.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I've had this model go quite far in the past.
>>
File: 1484336798998.png (229KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484336798998.png
229KB, 600x600px
bubmp
>>
>>543102
Legit, crumple it into a ball and throw it. You lose if there are any other criteria, but you win if the only requirement is 20 feet (or accuracy too, for that matter)
>>
You took the time to make this post. With that same energy you could have googled it and be done in five minutes. KYS
>>
>>543102
Hi /pol/. Epic fail. Wrong board. I make them for my daughter.
>>
>>550958
>>550991
>bumping twice on the same day
>on /po/
>while frogposting

You stink of newfaggot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.