[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had this idea for making various animals out of a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: papercat.png (105KB, 1107x1035px) Image search: [Google]
papercat.png
105KB, 1107x1035px
I had this idea for making various animals out of a single strip of paper.
>>
File: 20160629_054711.jpg (242KB, 1136x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20160629_054711.jpg
242KB, 1136x1000px
>>541705
Early prototype
>>
>>541708
i like it
>>
>>541705
>>540637

what the fuck is going on
>>
looks pretty interesting bru keep it going
>>
>>541708
I guess a fish would be quite easy, Have you tried a dog?
>>
this is amazing. can you make me a horse?
>>
>>541705
If those points at the end are the ears, wouldn't the face be on the other side of the strip?

>>541708
The way you've folded it here looks to me like a Smilodon (a 'saber-toothed tiger'). And it's alright at looking like that, so thumbs up from me if that was what you were aiming for, though it doesn't really look to me like a house cat.
>>
Have you tried that one way where people used to cut a sheet of paper turned into a cylinder and they'd make that weird lamp looking thing? It's still technically a strip. you could even try a mobius strip!
>>
>>541735
I think the two spikes on the head aren't teeth, but a failed set of ears, judging by the illistration
>>
File: paper strip cat.png (12KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
paper strip cat.png
12KB, 499x498px
>>541805
That's because OP has folded the head the wrong way. He should have drawn the head on the other side of the strip, so he could have folded the head strip upwards ather than downwards and got the ears at the top of the head.
>>
>>541812
>ather

* rather
>>
File: cat.png (16KB, 640x657px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
16KB, 640x657px
>>541812
I think the OP intended it to be like this, with the head folding down and then back up
>>
>>541857
I didn't consider that. I see exactly what OP was trying to do, now; thanks. It looks like a good idea. How is one meant to keep the ears in place instead of dropping down, though? Fit the ears into a cut slit and perhaps slightly bend and / or fold them to secure them?
>>
File: cats.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
An attempt was made.
>>
>>541911
looks good imo
>>
>>541911

You could also alter the body slightly and then curl the tail to make a squirrel.
>>
>>541911
Cute
>>
>>541911
They're cute. The way you've made them all differently and put them in different position, they look like they have character despite being all made to the same base design. I think they look like they have different personalities.

I think the bottom left paper cat has the most realistic body width.
>>
novel idea OP, you should try with sturdier paper, or better yet - textured or colored
>>
Any particular reason you posted this thread on /pol/ a few minutes ago?

Side note, I was surprised to see that you're polish. Didn't expect there to be any kind of papercraft scene in Poland.
>>
>>541708
i would buy it being honest
looks amazing
>>
>>542263
Probably the same reason I ended up here when I meant to go to /pol/
>>
>>542263

Proof that /po/ is just made up of a bunch of ignorant wannabes who know nothing about papercrafting and paper modelling. As the best examples of paper model master builders reside in Poland, and quite a great deal of publishing houses are from there. They have it in their blood.
>>
>>541708
windows 95
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.