[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys have any tips for folding ones first "ungodly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Do you guys have any tips for folding ones first "ungodly hard" model? I've been doing origami for about 3-4 years now, and I've had this book for 2. Every time I have tried to make the simplest model from it, I collapse around the 10th step. Pic related
>>
Make sure you're accurate with the first few folds and take your time with setting up the base adequately. Thinner and sturdier paper helps a lot. What models in particular are you struggling with? The treehopper is fairly easy to do even for a casual folder, as is the grasshopper.
>>
niggas need to get on they fold game
>>
I found the scarab pretty easy. There is really only one tricky move where you have to reverse some pleating.
>>
>>527560
the only hard moves in this book are the legs on the dragonfly with an inside crimp and the center of the birdbase in the legs of the scorpion

still one of my favorite books
>>
>>527539
Thin strong paper, I've found loose leaf paper can be good scratch. Crease firmly and accurately, but not too sharp (you'll weaken it) and remember that paper has thickness and tension to it.
Practice your closed sinks, unsinks, squash folds and 3d shaping, they're the hardest steps at this level.
Be careful whenever more than 3 creases converge, where the points meet tend to get holes like nobody's business
>>
I first learned the models from this book using 12 inch "Japanese foil". Other good paper would be large squares of 30gsm Kraft. Or 18+ inch squares of tant, biotope, or vintage.
>>
If you have lots of money, buy 20-30 gsm gampi
>>
Don't... if it's not your thing. As long as I've done origami, the complicated stuff has never brought me any joy to do or any satisfaction to complete. Is this something you really want to commit time to doing?
>>
thank
>>
You should ask Robert Lang to skype with you and help you out. He's really into that kind of thing for his fans.
>>
>>527539
Does anyone have the pdf? My basement where I kept all of my models and books flooded so I had to trash both this and Origami Design Secrets (although I am planning on buying the second edition) with the rest of my books.
>>
>>529546
jesus christ you posted on another thread yesterday. is this spreading?
>>
>>529536

Holy shit that would be amazing
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.