[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /p/, I recently started with photography as a hobby. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: outside.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
outside.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hello /p/,

I recently started with photography as a hobby. I used my dad's camera, but I want to buy a new one for myself. However, since I am a student I have extremely limited budget. What type of cameras should I be looking for under 100 dollar budget, that still make quality pictures?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-N910F
Camera SoftwareN910FXXS1DQH8
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:09:02 19:37:59
Exposure Time1/578 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating40
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness8.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.60 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDH16ULHK02SA
>>
Your phone
>>
>>3143952
> under 100 dollars
No. Get an used bicycle or something to get wherever you can shoot with your phone.

And then just save up until for a $1.5-2k or whatever midrange camera (or a $5k+ professional setup, if that's the quality you're aiming for; that's the gear that gets it more reliably).
>>
>>3144035
>And then just save up until for a $1.5-2k or whatever midrange camera (or a $5k+ professional setup, if that's the quality you're aiming for
no need to save up that much unless you're gonna buy new, lots of decent entry level dslr's on the used market for a couple hundred dollars
>>
>>3144035
This. Alternatively, if you are a NEET shut-in, look into buying some foamcore for reflectors and a frame to hold up backdrops. Plus a shitty used tripod and a selfie stick to mount your phone to it with.
>>
File: IMG-20170717-WA0007.jpg (250KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170717-WA0007.jpg
250KB, 960x1280px
>>3143952
For that price you can shoot film for a good amount of time.

Get a Minolta, the bodies are cheap (the XG-M is really good for the price, $25~ on ebay) the lenses you can get for them are pretty good. Look for a 50mm 1.7 or something like that.

For the film, look for the cheap ones. Fuji C200, Kodak Colorplus 200, etc.
Go to a lab to get them developed and ask for scans.
>>
>>3144875
>under $100
>shoot film for a good about of time

Assume $25 for a decent film camera.

I don't think I've ever had a roll of film plus dev come in under ten bucks.

So that'll last you... 288 photos, give or take? I regularly blow through that in an afternoon.

Get on Craigslist and see if you can find someone selling a Rebel XTi or Nikon D50 with lens for that much. Should be possible. That'll be a much better way to get into photography as a beginner than film.
>>
>>3143952
get a used point and shoot. you would spend more and more money on film and getting it developed. go on ebay, or even better, craigslist, and then look for any good deals.

if you plan on being a gear head then go ahead and get a film camera. But having a shit point and shoot is better than a film camera with no film(assuming you are broke).
>>
>>3143952
>>3144888
something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Black-DSC-H300-B-Digital-Camera-with-20-1-Megapixels-/112410228256?epid=194084200&hash=item1a2c2bf620:g:LMgAAOSwJH1ZHB~r

I really didn't do much research, so there is probably better out there. I just looked up any cameras with a msrp around $200 and find them used.

Also, you shouldn't make a thread just to request what to buy.
>>
>>3144885

>288 photos in an afternoon

I did that on digital too.

Shoot a lot more conservatively on film. Made me realize that when I went and shot 300 shots, most of them are shit or duplicates.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.