[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is why medium format is crippled until we begin printing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

This is why medium format is crippled until we begin printing on circles instead of squares.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2012:09:29 18:09:21
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width975
Image Height401
>>
your post makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>3142664
Maybe to a tiny dick micro four third Vick like you. It makes sense to people who aren't fucking pleb cunts.
>>
>>3142662
Like, you understand that medium format lenses cover a larger image circle, right?
>>
>>3142662
keeping it as a rectangle is beneficial due to the lack of light concentration towards the edges of the circle. medium format projects a larger image circle so idk if you think that the sensor of a MF camera will encompass more area than the image circle itself. if you want a circle print just use a circle crop. MF gives you enough resolution to crop away.
>>
>>3142666
you image shows crop difference between aps-c and 35mm sensor sizes on the image projected from a lens that covers the entirety of the 35mm sensor.

what does any of this have to do with medium format, and what makes less sense is, how does that relate medium format to printing circles vs printing squares?

nothing you said makes any sense.
>>
>>3142662
does this mean that full frame lenses that are soft around the edges would be less soft on crop frame cameras because the soft parts wouldn't be hitting the sensor?
>>
>>3142683
They have better edge performance on crop sensors, but the lenses appear to be sharper overall on full frame because a specific detail in the scene takes up a relatively smaller portion of the sensor compared to crop sensors.

I did a test once of sony a6300 using the kit lens comparing it to the canon 24-70L ii, and the kit lens basically out performed the canon lens in terms of sharpness and corner sharpness. Pretty insane

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Created2017:08:31 18:18:40
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2850
Image Height1692
>>
>>3142662
probably bait, but the image circels vary in size depending on your system, thats why lenses get bigger and bigger with increased format.

>>3142683
technically yes, but since crop cameras often have higher or equal pixel densities, they also detect more optical imperfections so you dont win anything except you have a ff lense which center optical resolution surpasses the sensor resolution on its ff body and a crop body with higher pixel density. thats why when adapting ff glass to crop center sharpness is more important than sharp edges. a real benefit is getting rid of vignetting in most cases though.
>>
Why don't they make circular sensor?
>>
>>3142688
pls don't lie.
the sony 16-50 is dogshit.
at least my copy is dogshit.
even on a good copy only the middle is any good.
>>
>>3142806
I'm not lying. That is actually from the test that I did. That is a sample from the bottom right hand corner. Fuck, I don't want it to be like that either, I spent like 2 grand on that fucking canon lens, and it's not even as sharp on that camera as a secondhand kit lens I bought off a guy from craigslist. The only explanation is that the canon lens is absolutely wrecked optically. But I bought it brand new, and never dropped it. So who knows. But that's what I experienced with it. Zoomed into 50mm isn't that great though
>>
>>3142688
>>3142806
>>3142810

The PZ 16-50 is actually exceptionally sharp for a kit lens, especially in the center. The corners vary depending on the focal length, it performs better at longer focal lengths.

The problem is, when it was released it got a shit reputation because no lens profiles existed for it. There are rumors of bad copies too, but I haven't ever seen one myself.
>>
>>3142823
I personally love mine, and I actually use it almost all of the time on my a6300 to shoot video. It's as sharp as you would need a lens to shoot video. Photos might be something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjYIoq8T5M8
>>
>>3142810
my copy is decentered junk.
hate it.
i went and bought a smegma 19mm.
>>
>>3142844
Maybe I was lucky then? I've been fairly happy with it. Can you post an example of the bad IQ coming from it?
>>
>>3142800
Because then the pixels would have to be circles too
>>
>>3142662
That's why MF glass is normally f2.8 at best f2 dumbass.
>>
>>3142881
Because 1.8 is too big a circle to fit medium format and m43 at the same time????
>>
File: double wat.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
double wat.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>3143387
>>3142878
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.