[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i jus want a digital rangefinder without having to pay for bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1466953077500.png (544KB, 549x567px) Image search: [Google]
1466953077500.png
544KB, 549x567px
i jus want a digital rangefinder without having to pay for bullshit technologies like electronic viewfinder and electronic focusing.
>>
>>3139370
Why though?

>framelines are never fully accurate
>no depth of field preview
>no exposure preview
>if rangefinder and lens are not perfectly calibrated you get blurry images
>parallax
>no auto focus

Electronic viewfinders are great.
>>
File: 1437481153367.jpg (347KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1437481153367.jpg
347KB, 1000x668px
>>3139376
Oh and I forgot: certain lenses block the viewfinder
>>
File: L1018388 (Custom).jpg (326KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
L1018388 (Custom).jpg
326KB, 1000x673px
>>3139376
>framelines are never fully accurate
just imagine them overlaid on what you're looking at
>no depth of field preview
what is a distance scale
>no exposure preview
you should be setting eggsposure yourself when you're not in AE ideal light anyway
>parallax
only a few cm, besides you should only have the camera on your face in the moment of exposure
>no auto focus
Ur the focus. an AF will struggle in weird light, but with MF you can always focus (preemptively too) as long as you're aware of where the subject is.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM8 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution100 dpcm
Vertical Resolution100 dpcm
Image Created2017:08:07 23:15:37
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/4.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID00000000000000000000000000005641
>>
>>3139376
because i'm interested in experiencing shooting with rangefinder. also the cameras are often smaller and look better.

electronic viewfinder is shit. i don't see the point, if you can't take pictures with rangefinder just go DSLR. looking at pixels is only acceptable if i'm using my Ricoh GR. otherwise, i want to look through glass or optics. but idk about DSLRs, i think the only reason you bring a DSLR is if you're shooting professionally. like you're out of the house to shoot pictures. if i go out of the house i want to have a good time but i also want to bring a manual camera to take pictures sometimes. i think rangefinders are created for everyday civilians use, not professional. but still manual
>>
>>3139376
He just said he wants a digital rangefinder so obviously doesn't care about any of that bullshit.

I'd gladly "suffer" all that if it means I never have to look at a piece of shit evf again.
>>
>>3139382
if only there's a cheap version of Leica that has all the stuffs that Leica has without bullshit gimmicks like hybrid viewfinder
>>
>>3139390
R.I.P. EPSON R-D1
I'm hoping japs or chinks will come to save us

There's that Konost startup thing, but they haven't shown any results and I'm worried they missed the point of an RF camera
>>
>>3139391
yeah but R-D1s can only read 1GB SD Cards. that's the thing about digital cameras, your camera will be outdated technologically and you'll need to buy a new one. film cameras, both Leica and Ricoh will take equally better pictures and there's no such thing as "outdated" in film era.
>>
>>3139376
get an epson rd1
>>
>>3139386
>because i'm interested in experiencing shooting with rangefinder

Just get a cheap film rangefinder.

>also the cameras are often smaller

Now that there are a lot of mirrorless cameras this difference is very small. It only matters for medium format film cameras.

>and look better

Do you want to take pictures of your camera or with your camera?

>electronic viewfinder is shit. i don't see the point

The point is that you get to see exactly what you are going to get.

There is a reason digital rangefinders are now just an expensive niche.
>>
>>3139399
>film
nope. i'm not that obsessed. i'm not one of those darkroom dweller

>mirrorless cameras
big nope. i'm not paying for technologies i despise.

>Do you want to take pictures of your camera or with your camera?
at least they should be small because i don't shoot professionally. do you get it? i go out to just hangout or something, but i also want to take pictures manually once in a while, if the moment is right. i imagine the perfect occasion for DSLR is waking up in early morning, bringing huge ass camera bag with big ass lenses and tripod, driving to the mountain and shoot for natgeo. that's why they make it big because it's not supposed to look good, it's not supposed to be carried when you're casually walking the street with your friends.

>The point is that you get to see exactly what you are going to get.
so is rangefinder. there's framelines and shit, they're always accurate. if they're not, the company wouldn't sell it.
>>
get a Leica m monochrome then kys
>>
>>3139377
oh man this picure feels so boss to me
>>
>>3139404
Just buy a fujifilm mirrorless and fuck off, prick
>>
>>3139370
The Leica m10 is available, you know.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.