[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with noises? The original photo was so noisy that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: LRM_EXPORT_20170826_182339-min.jpg (1MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
LRM_EXPORT_20170826_182339-min.jpg
1MB, 4640x3480px
How do I deal with noises? The original photo was so noisy that it generated a JPEG file of ~16MB. This one had a Level 2 Noise Reduction applied using Lightroom Mobile.

Ignore the mobile part, I'm not a photographer but I like to improve myself on whatever skills that I feel like I can improve upon.
>>
>Implying that noise is a bad thing
>>
>>3139359
Forgot to add, Level 2 NR and it went to 7MB. This is compressed using an online JPEG compressor.

My actual question is how to deal with noises without compromising the details of the photo? I see a lot of crisps photos without all the bad noises.

>>3139361
I didn't. I simply want to avoid the bad kinds of noises.
>>
>>3139359
Larger sensor, better lens. Get a higher-end FF camera with a recent sensor and a nice lens that is sharp at wide apertures.

Or shoot in / create better light.
>>
>>3139365
>My actual question is how to deal with noises without compromising the details of the photo? I see a lot of crisps photos without all the bad noises.
Some algorithms may be a bit better. For instance, DXO's optics pro has a decent one - if you throw processing power at it, the result should be better than with the average NR algorithm.

But it's ultimately still mostly a matter of NOT getting the noise in the first place.

Which you do using bigger, more modern sensor pixels (thus bigger sensors to still get a decent resolution) and brighter lenses (better T-stoppage, wider maximum aperture) if you're not working with artificial light.

You can buy that stuff like hobbyists and pros do, it's not even THAT expensive - but it's not free either.
>>
>>3139359
>I'm not a photographer
Well the thing is the best way to not have a lot of noise in a photo is to shoot a photo without a lot of noise.
>>
>>3139366
>>3139368
>>3139369

This was taken with my smartphone. It was just a random shot and I think I got lucky with this one. Well, at least I think that looks good to me. I do notice that it always produce a lot of noises.

So, I guess in this kind of situation I should just throw whatever kind of NR I can to keep them away? Or maybe just scrap the photo and try my luck again in the future? Lol.

By the way, I do have a camera but it's M43. I have a little bit feeling of regret but I think it's a great camera if I actually try to improve myself. I rarely take photos however and that is the problem I guess.
>>
>>3139374
Tiny smartphone sensors + lenses will just get noise in a lot of situations where a FF camera with a higher-end (sharp at wide apertures, good t-stoppage) lens won't.

You can try wrangling it through DXO's noise reduction on your desktop computer, but by and large it's just a matter of avoiding the noise by using a better camera + lens.

> So, I guess in this kind of situation I should just throw whatever kind of NR I can to keep them away?
If you don't mind a strong or extreme decrease in detail and resolution, NR can work.

Using an portable strobe light or tripod may also help in specific situations, though the earlier do not generally work well with smartphones.

Ultimately it's really mainly that you should use a (much?) better camera + lens to not get any significant noise in the shots that you take. NR is best used on photos that would look acceptable without NR anyhow, as a very minor fix.

> I rarely take photos however and that is the problem I guess.
No, this is not really much related to your skills. It's really mainly the gear that either can do a properly exposed sharp shot without noise or not.
>>
>>3139381
Alright, I understand. I think I have heard a lot of times that bigger sensors is the solution but never heed the call.

And thank you for those tips, by the way. I will try to spend more time with an actual camera later on.
>>
You can only NR up to a certain point, then you have to get into deeper editing techniques to hide the noise you don't want or accent the noise you do.

I never understand why photo reviews only talk about how much noise there is but never how nice the noise (when present) is. A huge reason I bought the cameras ive bought were because they had good looking noise.
>>
>>3139359
fuji gfx50s
>>
>>3139426
I like those nice, juicy grains. I just might need the right amount of light to have them on my photos.

>>3139485
That's just too OP.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.