[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the TRUE Medium Format Masterrace? (Hasselblad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: product_34_body.jpg (186KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
product_34_body.jpg
186KB, 1200x900px
Should I join the TRUE Medium Format Masterrace?
(Hasselblad X1D and Fuji GFX doesn't count)

Im thinking of buying an PhaseOne 645 DF with P45+ back and 110m 2.8 (35mm eq. to 73mm, f2) for around 6000 euro.

Want to add more lenses later.

But am not quite sure if its worth it

pro's:
-Medium format look will distinguish my pictures from all the other meme APS-C and Fullframe crowd.
-delicious depth of field rendering
-16bit color rendition, Toptier Fullframe have only 14bit
(for the normies here, remember that bits are counted binary, so 16bits means 4x or 400% more color information then 14bit)
-I shoot partly studio and I think some models and clients will have a better impression if they see Phase One.
-Leaf shutter flash sync up to 1/2000 (HSS is not really an alternative since it diminishes flash power)
-Medium format look could land me 1-2 5k/day jobs per year

Con's:
-Iso only to 800, so basically only a studio cam or good weather cam
-Super heavy, so no events possible with that thing
-Super expensive
-Old CCD sensor technology
-Shitty focusing
-Expensive lenses
-Will be memed down the road to buy one of their 40000 Euro Systems one day.
-no one gives a shit about 16bit colors, since even the biggest clients display their images on shitty 5inch screens in highly compressed jpgs.

So /p/ enlighten me with your wisdom.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
I think you should just kill yourself instead.
>>
>>3138995
>But am not quite sure if its worth it
I know this is a troll thread, but in the interests of potentially saving the financial life of an utter moron on the other side of the world, it is definitely not worth it.

No potential client that you would ever have access to would even be aware of the existence of MF digital, let alone require it.
>let alone be able to tell the fucking difference from files alone; that is literally never happening in 2017
You get MF digital when you are literally being flown around the planet on the regular to shoot fortune 500 corpo shit, or for vogue (not vogue pakistan, either).

Anything you want to do with that camera, you should be able to do comfortably with a 5d2 and 85/1.8.
>>
Of course they don't know the existence of MF but the look is there.
There is a different rendering with that huge sensor size.
SO clients will only think "of those are so pretty" thats all I need.
>>
>>3138995
>i need moar gear to take better pictures

you should watch this OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GflhBUSpdQ
>>
>>3138995
CCDs are meh outside of studio work.
I wouldn't dare dwell in digital MF territory without a CMOS sensor.
>>
>>3139066
which means $35k for a up to date non-cropped mf cmos sensor
>>
>>3139008
>gear isn't important to take great pictures, yet I'm surrounded by top-of-the-line gear just because I don't need them
>>
>>3139068
>645Z
>>
>>3139071
>43,8 x 32,8 mm
>>
>>3139008
This post is one of the diamond islands in the sea of shit that is the internet. Cheeish it.
>>
>>3139069
he tells you exactly why he has top-tier camera on the table. he pre-empts your whining and bitching about "b-b-but you have high-end gear!!!" in the video itself
>>
>>3139008
Why does he have so much gear if you don't need it?
>>
>>3139084
>gives example of picture he took 25 years ago
>camera was a high-end Canon F1

He might be right about gear not being essential, but he still sounds like a hypocrite.
>>
>>3139104
25 years ago, the subjects in his pictures behave exactly the same as they do today. landscapes weren't "easier" in any way than they are today. whether F1 was high-end back then is irrelevant.
>>
>>3138995
>-Iso only to 800, so basically only a studio cam or good weather cam
or just use portable lights
>-Super heavy, so no events possible with that thing
Really? A Linhof Technika is heavy and still managable hand held, man up
>-Super expensive
If you can charge enough to justify it then no, I get a job that requires me to rent one about once a year, fuck I wish it was all the time.
>-Old CCD sensor technology
better colour, true blacks, better anti moiré
>-Shitty focusing
don't shoot sports with it
>-Expensive lenses
sure, charge more
>-Will be memed down the road to buy one of their 40000 Euro Systems one day.
sure, charge more
>-no one gives a shit about 16bit colors, since even the biggest clients display their images on shitty 5inch screens in highly compressed jpgs.
high end fashion companies who don't want their little black dresses to look like little purple dresses do
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.