[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I frequently shoot BDSM/fetish "play parties" because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 091616A.jpg (65KB, 958x641px) Image search: [Google]
091616A.jpg
65KB, 958x641px
I frequently shoot BDSM/fetish "play parties" because it's easy money: I derive no enjoyment from this.

Should I have any of this smut on a portfolio?
>>
How do you even end up with a gig like this? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>3138865

I was a photographer out of work and my girlfriend at the time was into it. She introduced me to Fetlife (fetish social media site) and there were a lot of events with professional photographers attached to them, so I waited for a chance to have a shot at it myself. I messaged random people in my city to see if they had work and it wasn't long since I had an amateur model hire me. Then it escalated into small events and then bigger events.
>>
File: 101016A.jpg (115KB, 634x820px) Image search: [Google]
101016A.jpg
115KB, 634x820px
>>3138866

I wanted to add that I don't work for a company, it's individual contracts by individual people. Most of the time I shoot one person once or twice, my client base is large with some recurring people but more times than not it's a new person each time.
>>
That is pretty cool, what kind of money is in it? I would think pretty low for the individual models and small parties hiring? What is your usual load out for a shoot? Do you bring lights and stage sets or just blend into whatever the client has created for an environment
>>
>>3138873

While it's easy money, it's not particularly a lot of money. I make $3000 give or take a month, but it fluctuates. Sometime as high as $10,000, some as low as $500. If I get a big event sponsored by adult toy companies or whatever, they tend to pay more because of the turnout (I might shoot 40-50 subjects a night). For an individual model, it ranges from $30-50/hr and typically a couple hours at time. Depends on the subject material I'll be shooting.

A lot of times I get hired to shoot "rope play", or photograph people suspended on rope/chain/sometimes barbed wire, etc. It's pretty tame so I charge less, but sometimes I'm asked to shoot hardcore and I charge more.

a6500
Sigma 85mm 1.4
Sigma 18-35mm 1.8
Sigma 105mm 2.8
Canon 24-70mm 2.8
Lomo 64mm 2.9
Sony 55mm 1.8
Smallrig + accessories

I got a shitty umbrella light setup I'll bring for models who aren't super picky but for events lighting it usually applied. As for props, etc; its whatever the model has. I try to make use of the environment but many of the people I shoot are inexperienced/very amateur.
>>
>>3138866
What's the general attitude of potential clients you talked to? I mean there has to be a bunch of GWCs that hit up women who are into bondage for a chance to shoot some nekked tiddies. Are they generally apprehensive about your inquires, like do they try to measure you up if to see if you're a legit photographer?

Also, be honest here, how good looking are you? I would imagine people would be more willing to hire you if you didn't look like a creepy neckbeard. So I'm kinda interested in what you look like overall.
>>
>>3138887

At the start there was quite a bit of apprehension, but it helped I guess I was in a relationship (and it did come up). At the start, having a relationship meant it was easier to find clients. I'd say the first dozen or so amateur models were inquisitive about me more than they are now: now I have a small portfolio of models from the site that people care more about what I've shot than who I am.

And truth be told, quite a lot of models are unattractive themselves. It's a social media site: not a model website. Most of the people I shoot are hard 5s, about half of them overweight in some capacity.

As for myself uh, I'm 170lb at 6'0". More lanky than neckbeard I guess?
>>
>>3138896
>make a photo book full of both attractive and unattractive people
>call it a social commentary on body positivity, western standards of beauty and human sexuality
>wear a beret all the time
>make $1,000,000
Godspeed anon.
>>
I actually just shot my first kinbaku/shibari rope shoot. The girl was from IG, and I have a few more girls from IG lined up for this.

None of them are fat white whales either.

While my portfolio is mostly fashion and portraits, I'm going to add some "smut" anyway, because why the hell not.
>>
ever say no to a shoot? whats your hard limit?
>>
>>3138942

Sometimes I get an attractive model but 7/10 times or so they're not super attractive.

>>3138959

Not typically, no. I'm not an active participant in anything so I'm pretty far removed from a scene. Sometimes I'm asked for an intimate closeup shot (I have the 105mm Sigma because while at first I refused close-up macro shots of private parts, assholes, etc, it's a lot more common than you'd imagine). Most of my shoots are self directed but sometimes a model wants a very specific thing.

One model had a "toilet seat" rig. Like a chair with a hole in the bottom; she wanted me to go underneath and film. I guess she had a toilet fetish, but I said no to this.
>>
>>3138960

Also: it's not fun removing brown stains from an asshole in post. After a few times doing this I asked models to be hygienic before a scene if they want super intimate shots like that.
>>
how much pussy you get?
>>
>>3138966

Absolutely zero. I'm not an active participant. I don't ask for sexual favors and I'm not offered them (so far at least).
>>
>>3138966
You're more likely to get pussy from a regular fashion shoot than from shooting kink.
>>
>>3138866
Were you photographing your girlfriend at these parties or am I misunderstanding.
>>
>>3138973

No; she was involved in the "subculture" but not really active at events or anything. She introduced me to the website as well as a few friends of hers who wanted shots done.
>>
>>3138864

I strongly believe that your portfolio shouldn´t be public. Maybe a littel gallery with 20 of your strongest photos. Secret Link. That´s It.

And after reading this thread, i actually want to see your portfolio, desu just to know your work. Nothing else.

Keep going the good work. Money is money.
>>
>>3138864
>Should I have any of this smut on a portfolio?
>>3138871
Not if it's all as shit-tier as this. Get a flash, niqqa.
>>
>>3138864
>I frequently shoot BDSM/fetish "play parties" because it's easy money: I derive no enjoyment from this.
Man, I shoot this kind of stuff because I derive enjoyment from it; I haven't ever gotten paid for it.

Maybe I'm doing this wrong.
>>
>>3138864
Prolly only artsy/suggestive shots
If its too explicit youll be 'the BDSM guy'
>>
>>3138920
this desu. try to find some fresh perspective/angle on bdsm and you can really come up with something nice. not that you will make money out of it, but some personal satisfaction.
>>
>>3138978
>he thinks his gf wasn't taking old man cock for money and was just part of the "subculture"

Oh, anon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.