[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going to japan and from there I'll spend a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So I'm going to japan and from there I'll spend a few days in hong kong and thailand.
What are the must hit junk camera shops for cheap used/vintage stuff?
>>
存在するものは何もない
>>
>>3135723
一つじゃないか?
There's gotta be a good one somewhere.
>>
Follow tokyo camera style on instagram.
>>
>>3135710
The biggest and best second hand shop is David Chan is in Chamgpagne Court in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's an L shaped arcade between Kimberly and Carnarvon Roads. There are other shops in there too.

There are a couple of smaller shops in Sham Shui Po. Explore Kweilin and Pei Ho Streets. You'll also enjoy Aplui Street.

You pic is Wing Shing on Sai Yueng Choi Street in Mongkok (just south of Argyle Street intersection). Good for buying new stuff, no second hand.

In Bangkok there are a couple of shops in MBK, that I know of. The one with second hand gear is on the ground floor but they don't have much.

I had to take map links out because 4chan thinks they are spam
>>
>>3135737
Camera shops generally have fairly priced to extremely overpriced working cameras and bins of junk cameras. It's a crap shoot, and in two years of living in Japan and digging through dozens upon dozens of those bins all I ever found was a broken T4 or super rusty but working XA.

Try visiting recycle shops which will also have junk bins and some of the nicer cameras in display cases. I grabbed an Espio Mini for $50 from one.

Japan is not the country to go to for finding cheap cameras. It's just as much luck as finding one at a thrift store in the US. If you're coming from AUS you'll probably find Japan prices more attractive than back home.

That said, some cameras havent been hit with the trend tax here yet. Your popular entry level 35mm SLRs are still <¥3000 with lens for good condition. You may be able to find certain point and shoot for less than what they'd go for in the US (T4 for ¥20,000, Klasse for ¥30,000, XA for ¥6,000).
>>
>>3135710
all the junk are literally junk.
>>
>>3135749
That faggot only takes pictures of peoples gear.
>>
>>3135788
You should actually see the guy's photos.
http://www.johnsypal.com/

They're pretty decent imo.
>>
>>3135853
>They're pretty decent imo.
Not really
>>
File: nara_deer.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nara_deer.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
>>3135749
That guy took a pic of my Adox Golf once.

Turned out there were pinholes in the bellows and most of the films I shot in Japan were overexposed. At least I got a handful of interesting results.
>>
I visited all three places you mentioned. All I gotta say is if you buy camera gear buy it in Hong Kong. Everything in Japan was expensive as fuck. Thailand you wont find used shops selling cool stuff mostly beat up t2is and shit. Hong kong, shanghai and taiwan were good to me price wise
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.