[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where can i get a good film camera thats relatively cheap and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: D3S_5258-1200.jpg (196KB, 1200x786px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_5258-1200.jpg
196KB, 1200x786px
where can i get a good film camera thats relatively cheap and can also last a long time, pic not related
>>
>>3134335
ebay
if you want it to last a long time get something fully mechanical like a minolta srt something
>>
Literally any vintage film SLR or rangefinder from a manufacturer that still exists today.
>>
>>3134335
Nikon FM/FE

Literally indestructible and can work in -40 weather. The FM can even work without a battery.
>>
>>3134335
You should go check in thrift stores from time to time. If you're lucky you could find a good camera for a fraction of what you would pay on Ebay or anything like that.
>>
Nikon FG, FM, FM2, F series are all dependable.

Canon AE1

Pentax K-1000
>>
>>3134335
Maybe check your local camera stores. I just picked up a Nikon F2 with a 50mm f2 for $150 Canadian. Also got a Pentax K1000 with a similar lens for $80 from some guy on kijiji.
>>
>>3134335

Minolta XD. Rokkor lenses are some of the best of the time period.

Avoid the X-700/600/500/370 though. They all require a battery to function and have less than stellar build quality.
>>
Can confirm FM2n, it's built like a tank. Someone gave one to me.
>>
>>3136953
could you spoonfeed me and elaborate on why the x-700 sucks compared to the xd series? the x-700 gets a lot of praise for its price and im thinking of buying one since i even have some minolta glass im using on my mirrorless.
>>
>>3134335
instagram shops
>>
>>3136998

Nothing inherently wrong if you can find it cheap enough.

It is just that the XD is a better camera.

700 uses some plastic parts and requires batteries to function (though it goes like 40 rolls on a pair and warns you when it is getting low), it also has a less than ideal cloth shutter.
>>
>>3135444
fg aint, shitty little plastic electronic thing

I had one for a week and then I dropped it in wet sand and it died

nikon f5 i've had for 6 years and it's never missed a beat, recently got a nikon F and I feel like i'll be able to hand it on to my children (minus the meter)
>>
File: flash01[1].jpg (62KB, 600x614px) Image search: [Google]
flash01[1].jpg
62KB, 600x614px
>>3134335
I don't recommend buying a used camera through Ebay. Since many sellers are listing cameras that they found in attics or worse places, sticking batteries in them and if the shutter fires they call it "tested and working." your better off buying through places like KEH or B&H, since they actually properly test things like shutter speed and light seals. you might pay a little more but at least you'll get a properly working camera.

as far as XD vs X-700 it does come down to preference the XD is a great sturdy camera that will function without batteries, but is an older camera and harder to find one that doesn't need servicing, and given its much shorter production run can be a pain to find parts for. With the X-700 all the important parts are metal and The only thing I've ever broken on one was the rewind crank, which can be replaced with a metal one. As long as you don't handle it like gorilla, you'll probably never break it. The 700 also has more accessory options and a few more features to it.

now another option is to get one of the lesser X Minoltas if you don't want to drop over $100 on a body. the XGs can be had for next to nothing, and they share accept MD/MC lenses along with just about every accessory that the 700 had.
>>
>>3137033
This guy knows it right. I have a Minolta x700 and it is my favorite camera. It's almost identical in shape/form to my Fujifilm XT1, albeit slightly lighter. It really is just a quality build and the Minolta lens lineup is fantastic and inexpensive with the 50 1.4 being sharper at 1.4 than the Fujinon XF 50mm f2 at f2.
>>
>>3137024
for the price of an f5 you could buy 10 fg and just drop one every year.

>>3137033
is correct, buy from KEH. if you want to save money, buy their bargain/ugly graded stuff. sometimes they put their weirder/more beaten up stuff on ebay.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.