[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I do more indoor convention shooting than outdoor sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

Since I do more indoor convention shooting than outdoor sports shooting, decided to replace my ageing Canon 7D with the new 6D Mk II.

Good upgrade?

>>In b4 pixel peeping dynamic range "experts"

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3900
Image Height2600
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:06:21 12:51:29
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1750
Image Height1400
>>
Would've been better off with a used 5D3. Look at the ISO between the 6D's and tell me that's not a serious issue

http://www.canonwatch.com/canon-eos-6d-mark-ii-high-iso-performancr-appears-worse-than-original-eos-6d/
>>
>>3133452
I guess the question would be why? I would personally look at a used 5D mk3, but that's just how I tend to buy things in general, a used higher end model.

From what I have seen though, it is hard to recommend a 6D2 over much of anything.
>>
File: 20170708-DSC08301.jpg (183KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20170708-DSC08301.jpg
183KB, 2000x1125px
>>3133452
6D + 100mm f/2.8 L + 35mm f/2 IS

>>3134792
6D is a better bang for bucks, but yeah, markII is a shame.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>3133452
You replaced an aging camera with an aging camera. well done.
>>
>>3134892
nice smartphone shot. awful background separation.
>>
Please don't get the 6D Mk. II.
>>
>>3133452
No.
>>
>>3133452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AY1-avCloY

this guy is happy with his 6d2
>>
>>3133452

No, if you went with Sony you'd have 2 stops better low light performance and an iso invariable sensor.

Enjoy your noisy shots.
>>
>>3134792

Seems like something a firmware update could quite easily solve.
I mean, the camera is not even 2 months old, we've seen issues like these corrected over time before on other cameras.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gne1z8s9lFM

nothing but praise from tony.
>>
>>3139768
Tony is an idiot tho
>>
>>3134792
in russia its saying that americans are really stupid. when i didnt knew english i thought that its stupid saying itself. now i just dont know how to tell you dude but 6D have 20mp and 6DM2 25 so you could guess it MUST have lower iso perfomance.
>>
>>3139768
>nothing but praise from tony

Is your sarcasm detector broken or you're simply a retard?

>inb4 you were also being sarcastic and the retard is me
>>
Paying 2 grands for a full frame camera in this day and age, I would have expected Canon to at least provide dynamic range on par with smartphones...
>>
>>3139821
Dude what? I mean I know americans are stupid, most of them always seem to vote against their own benefit after all. But anyway, having more megapixels doesn't mean the high iso performance is automatically worse. Nikon D800 has 36 mpx and it destroys anything canon has made, sony has 42 mpx sensor that is even better.
>>
File: 1445454658871.jpg (183KB, 1240x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1445454658871.jpg
183KB, 1240x1142px
>>3139838
>most of them always seem to vote against their own benefit after all.
Actually the majority of Americans don't vote at all.

They know both parties have been against their interest since the 1960's when they opened to gates for hispanic invasion/population replacement.
>>
>>3139838
plese valid source with iso tests, nikon d800 cant technically be better than 5dm3 in terms of iso, sony 42mp better? any links bro? valid iso tests?

damn i went to links myself and you aint right but aint really wrong

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=canon_eos5dmkiii&attr13_1=nikon_d800&attr13_2=sony_a7rii&attr13_3=canon_eos6dmkii&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=25600&attr16_1=25600&attr16_2=25600&attr16_3=25600&attr171_2=1&normalization=compare&widget=1&x=0&y=0

okay

anyway 20mp 6D better in terms of iso than 25mp 6DM2 is totally normal. im aint wrong either

also 30mp 5dm4 worse than 22mp 5dm3 and thats totally normal

so i consider you words about 6dm2 still stupid

20mp outperforming 25px in terms os iso is totally normal

6dm2 best dslr at the moment to buy at value of quality per price

rotating screen dual pixel af right from screen is glorious pack
>>
File: 1.png (8KB, 701x374px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
8KB, 701x374px
>>3139840
>nikon d800 cant technically be better than 5dm3 in terms of iso
>20mp outperforming 25px in terms os iso is totally normal
You have no understanding of microchips.

You think the entire surface is 100% pixel elements, but this how uneducated children things.
Just know that you never understood what an image sensor is, or how they fundamentally are built.
>>
>>3139841

so iso test

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison?attr18=daylight&attr13_0=canon_eos5dmkiii&attr13_1=nikon_d800&attr13_2=sony_a7rii&attr13_3=canon_eos6dmkii&attr15_0=raw&attr15_1=raw&attr15_2=raw&attr15_3=raw&attr16_0=25600&attr16_1=25600&attr16_2=25600&attr16_3=25600&attr171_2=1&normalization=compare&widget=1&x=0&y=0

aint have any proof or evidence for american?

okay
>>
>>3139841
also lel nikon sensors made by sony

but thanks for info anyway im going self educate myself

though lack of education in such unimportatnt things aint make me wrong and you right. iso test is iso test. you cant skip from facts and reality, it would make you stupid and prove russian saying. kekekekkekekekekekekek cant bantz with russian
>>
>>3139863
idi nahui pidor
>>
>>3139863
You can downsample the 36MP down to 2 MP and have much cleaner image.

In the end it really boils down to this>>3139841
Modern sensors have more pixel area.
Canon full rames that are built on 500nm (such as 6Dm2) have such high area waste, they become more equivalent to modern APS-C sensors.
>>
>>3139839
So you're telling me that europeans, that have to go through airports to get into the country have more money than mexicans that run across the border because they haven't got fuck all?

wow, fascinating.

>>3139840
Check DXO, they do an objective measure of the signal to noise ratio, comparing test images is fucking retarded, different cameras have different amounts of noise reduction baked into their raws. Sony sensors consistently out-perform canon, Canon haven't yet produced a sensor that objectively outperforms the 7 year old 16MP Sony unit, which isn't surprising as Canon haven't bought new fabrication facilities in over a decade.

>>3139841
What's hilarious about you using this as your "evidence" is that Sony closed down the inter-pixel gap to completely negligible amounts, and this can be seen in action by the mere fact the A7R ii is better in low light than the A7ii and A7Sii, because re-sampling and taking an average is much more accurate than single values. Thanks for confirming your outdated understanding of sensors though.
>>
>>3139869
>What's hilarious about you using this as your "evidence" is that Sony closed down the inter-pixel gap to completely negligible amounts
Not really. In their latest smartphone sensors released last year, they managed to increase the pixel area by 19-22%, without decreasing the resolutiion.

It just means the A7S sensor isn't at the final stage of evolution.
>>
File: 1503829411580.jpg (226KB, 1200x966px) Image search: [Google]
1503829411580.jpg
226KB, 1200x966px
>>3139869
Nope not at all. It was to show you both large parties agreed to destroy and replace the European descendants in the 1960's and gradually lost the trust of "dumb" Americans.
>europeans, that have to go through airports to get into the country have more money than mexicans
The European settlers who came in the 1900's were poor farmers and outcasts from city slums.
They had no welfare nanny state, and never complained about the hard labor it was to built up the greatest nation the planet had ever seen.

Also look at the Chinese, they were even poorer than your modern day mexican. They built the railroads for you under slave like conditions.
They were lynched by Mexicans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torre%C3%B3n_massacre
They were lynched by whites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_massacre_of_1871
They were poor as dirt, and yet somehow they managed to work harder than everybody else, commit the least crimes, spending the least welfare as the picture says>>3139839
You don't see the Chinese riot about injustice from the past, and demands of more privelege, do you?

It's not about money. Violence, theft, rape, murder are tied to the size of the brain/amounts of synapses in the brain.
>>
>>3139866
hey dude americans still stupid, but that is some very ncie info there thanks for sharing mate. any links to some articles on topic? i would google myself but if you share would be a pleasure
>>
>>3139872

>smartphone sensor

Yes, a sensor 1/32 the size of a full frame sensor, but still 20mp, the tiniest fraction makes a huge difference, if they got the same reduction in interpixel gap on 24mp full frame it would amount to less than 1% increase in pixel size, I.e, irrelevant.

>>3139877
Your original graph pertains to modern immigration, you've written a load of irrelevant shit. My original point stands.
>>
>>3137461
tfw you shoot nikon d810 and have a real man's camera with sony iso invariable sensor in one package :)

>inb4 u cant adapt any lenses to it!!!!:
>>
>>3140422
>>Your original graph pertains to modern immigration
And? Do you need a graph to show you nobody used up any welfare in the early 1900's?

No because you know damn well there was no welfare state back then.
Whether it's modern times and old times, European settles always used less welfare. This load of "irrelevant shit" was started by you anyway. Someone had you explain your dumb brain why there is so much distrust in your politicians.
>>
>>3140424
>real man's
Not suitable for the females eh, like your genitals.

>>3140425
Americans are stupid though.
Your leader is the laughing stock of the world.
Your industry is dead and you think you can solve it by raising taxes and subsidising a product that doesn't sell at market value in a capitalist country that runs off free market principles.
Your bmi averages at 29, by next year it's expected to be 30, you are all obese on average.
Your healthcare is the most expensive in the world, both in taxes and upfront payments.
Your public transport and postal services are another worldwide joke.

Apart from dropping bombs, is there anything Americans excel at in a positive way?
>>
>>3140431
>you think you can solve it by raising taxes
That's sue to the retarded democrats and the communists who hide among them.
>Your healthcare is the most expensive
Same as the above.
>Your public transport
The metros are alright, they just use their trains to freight goods instead of something retarded like freighting people. This is actually a European inefficiency.
>postal services are another worldwide joke.
Proof? Did you know Scandinavian PostNord is a pile of heap of financial issues? It's made a diplomatic crisis between Sweden and Denmark even.
Transatlantic shipping from North America to Europe is actually incredibly cheap compared to shipping from Europe to America.
>>
>>3140431
not even gonna start lol grow a sense of humor butthurt femnazi
>>
>>3140433
>blame expensive healthcare on democrats

They tried to implement single payer, a system used in the UK. We spend half as much per capita on taxes for healthcare services than the usa and have zero upfront costs. Would you not be happier with lower taxes and free healthcare if you want it?

The republicans have insisted on keeping patents and free market principles on life saving products, do you think it's ok to put a pricetag on someone's life?

>trains are inefficient
In what way? They are the most fuel efficient and space efficient method of transport currently available.

>postal services
Last year postnord ran with a net profit, usps went their 5th year at a loss. Same product posted from sweden and usa to portugal (about equidistant from east coast) costs $9 from sweden $32 from usa.

Muricans be loving that prideful delusion.
>>
File: fQh2n.png (46KB, 687x417px) Image search: [Google]
fQh2n.png
46KB, 687x417px
>>3140420
It's pretty much knows fact that Canon use 500nm transistors for most of their sensors. You can look up articles from Chipworks.com which documentation of this with scans of the chips.

You can actually apply a little bit of math to see how significant the differences is.
5Dm3 has a pixel pitch of 6.25 microns.
That means the distance from pixel center to pixel center is is 6250 nanometers.
Canon use 500 nm transistor gates in the 5Dm3.
If you assume the metal wall between each pixel is just 1 transistor wide(!!! It's not)
Then the wall between two pixels would already fill 12,5% of the length, that means roughly 88% pixel, 12% wall. That's a huge waste there already.
Then furthermore if you consider that the 500nm is not actually a measurement of a whole transistor, but just the transistor Gate, then the mental wall will suddenly be much more than 12%.
Then furthermore if you consider that the metal wall between each pixel consist of more than 1 transistor, it suddenly becomes significantly more than mere 12%.

Don't listen to the moron>>3140422 who claims full frame sensors only benefit 1% from these upgrades. He's obviously a lunatic who never dabbled into the math of this.
>>
>>3140441
>Last year postnord ran with a net profit
The entire Postnord section of Denmark ran is deficit and caused a diplomatic crisis.
>sweden and usa to portugal
You're only claiming it's cheaper to ship from Sweden to Portugal, that proves nothing because the distance from sweden to Portugal is shorter.
I'm talking about Europe to America vs America to Europe. Thanks for the retardedly flawed comeback though!
Here's a couple of facts
Shipping 3.9KG from USA to europe costs as little as $76.18 with Shipito.
Postnord charge 82 dollars for the same service.
Who is the laughingstock again?

>They are the most fuel efficient and space efficient method of transport currently available.
For goods. Because goods can wait in long queues and can be delayed for 1-2 days to maximize the load on the train.
Europe are retards who put people inside trains. Sometimes during the night the trans run empty, with less than 5 customers in total.
You basically have a set of trains that weighs what...hundreds of tons?`Those thing drive about 5-10 people during the night time.

Are you too retarded to see your system is a huge waste of shit?

>They tried to implement single payer
How about you just abolish it instead. People can pay their own private insurances when their taxes are lowered, unless they are Mexicans crossing the border to leech on the system.
>>
>>3140455
> People can pay their own private insurances when their taxes are lowered

I see you have a massive misunderstanding as yo why single payer is SO cheap.
Imagine you made anti cancer drugs, and there were 9 other companies that made and sold anti cancer drugs in the UK. Then the US gov came to you and said, we're taking one contract for cancer drugs for the next 6 years, if you give us the best price, you get the deal, if you don't you will have another option to breach this market of 700 million people in 6 years time.

Now compare that to private insurance; you go to your doctor, he says you have cancer, you are given the drugs, then later given the bill charging whatever the fuck they want, it's not like you're going to turn down lifesaving drugs because you don't have the money right now. The doctor that's serving you takes away a bonus depending on how much he sells of a companies product and for how much. Is haggling over the cost of cancer treatment an embodiment of the American dream to you?

Supply and demand is a broken system when it's people lives on the line, unless you see life as a commodity, no different from a pallet of picture frames.
>>
>>3140457
>unless you see life as a commodity,
That's what Europe does. They set a price for life when they decide it's time to pull the plug on a patient.
You will have all sorts of expensive bureaucrats gather into a council and decide this life should end, because his treatment is too expensive, sometimes it will be even more expensive and end up in the courts like this case.
It's nothing but expenses and extra expenses with you Eurotards.

>Now compare that to private insurance; you go to your doctor, he says you have cancer, you are given the drugs, then later given the bill charging whatever the fuck they want,
Free market. It's your duty to research if there is another doctor with a better service.

By the Way, doctors are fleeing from Scandinavia because they earn too little. Free market is a bitch isn't it?
If only you had a way to trap those doctors into chains and command them with whiplashes...
>>
>>3140455
Ok
Flat rate box measuring 2kg, 12" x 8" x 4" between usa and sweden

Sweden > USA = $29.45 including tax
USA > Sweden = $66.50 + tax
pic related
And you've been a dumb again, when you send postage, do you think they send a guy from usps all the way to sweden to deliver it? Or do you think they pay a rate agreed between the 2. A really fair test is to an independent country.

And postnord were in profit last year, they are a publicly owned company, you are free to look up their financial records for yourself, it's also on wikipedia though if you don't want to dive too deep.

>trains
Wew, went full retard here didn't you bud, most countries only have the most essential services running at night, and quite frequently they are full, it's incredibly easy to change how much rolling stock runs at a time, any consistently empty trains get shortened. Regardless, overall they are still far more energy efficient than cars on a per capita per mile basis, not to mention immeasurably safer.
>>
>>3140465
>Sweden > USA = $29.45 including tax
That's a lie. http://www.postnord.dk/quick-finder/portoberegner?integration=FindPrices&skift=pakke&vaegtID=5&brevPriszoneID=210
Postnord charge 517 Kr. for that pleasure. It's about 82 dollars.

>And postnord were in profit last year, they are a publicly owned company
Owned by Sweden and Denmark. Look up the deficit scandal: https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/postnord-faar-kaempe-millionunderskud

>most countries only have the most essential services running at night
Nope. See https://www.rejseplanen.dk/webapp/index.html
Try any destination in Denmark. I guarantee you they run the trains between shitty little towns of 500 people all the way to past midnight.

That's how much of a colossal piece of shit waste your system is.
>>
>>3140462
You still have the option of private healthcare in the UK you fucking dunce.

If charlies parents wanted to, they could have gone private. But why go through months of untested treatments to try and save an already brain damaged baby that probably won't survive.

The important thing is CHARLIES PARENTS AGREED TO DO NO FURTHER TREATMENTS AND PULL HIM OFF LIFE SUPPORT. Of course americans would push "treatments" down the parents throat, if the kid still dies, the doctor gets a pay bonus, if the kid lives, the doctor gets an extra patient that will need almost constant medical care at great expense. It's a win win for the gp, the only way he would lose is by doing the right thing and letting the parents and child have their last moments together in peace.

>Free market
you act like price fixing isn't a thing. And that makes no guarantee you will get treatment for a better price. If you've ever been for healthcare in the states you would also be aware that they don't discuss costs or bills until after you've been treated. Pretty fucked for free market choice then. Or how about when your guts are spilling out on the road, are you going to call around the local 5 doctors looking for the best price?

LMFAO, gotta laugh at Americans, or you just cry of pity.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (192KB, 1234x638px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
192KB, 1234x638px
>>3140475
hi chop ;)
Stop being bitter that you lost your job as a nurse for sexually harassing colleagues.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Created2017:08:28 13:36:43
Image Width1234
Image Height638
>>
>>3140480
That's a 2KG package, try again.
>>
>>3140478
>If charlies parents wanted to, they could have gone private.
How? The state took all their money through taxation.

His parents took the system to the highest court. they didn't give up until the system broke them and waste too much time.

>you act like price fixing isn't a thing.
Well, you act like thinly populated areas of Europe don't have severe lack of doctors.
How is that any better?

What's your solution mr. communist? Do you intend to put a neck chain on all the doctors and force them to serve you at gun point?
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (534KB, 1209x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
534KB, 1209x1235px
>>3140482
Ok,

I went by your standards, and used a 3rd party company to send a 3.9kg 1ft x 1ft x 1ft parcel.

£22.84 is under $30 at current exchange rates, and that price is including tax, unlike prices quoted from USA.

You really have your dumbdumb hat on today huh

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Created2017:08:28 14:09:52
Image Width1209
Image Height1235
>>
>>3140491
Source/Link?
From where to where? You need to specify this.
And I guarantee you I can find a cheaper alternative in USA.

By the way, Shipito avoids taxes entirely. 0% baby.
>>
>>3140442
hey you are awesome. thats really cool. i looking for deep info about photography past 10 years and never heard that. probably because im more into practical information like what iso can every camera pruduct good and else, but never looked into sensor nm size. also i even never knew that sensor use standart transistors like in processors. thanks mate. that is really cool. in russian internet we rare talk about such aspect of photography cause they aint impact anything. its enough to know what iso camera could provide and thats enough for anything. but just for self education i would look into it, very interesting, thats explain many things

i know which iso which camera can provide but now i have furthermore information why iso is have such amount or another. big thanks mate

you are allright. dont go to american big cities when china became leadership country of the world.
>>
>>3137502
name one.
>bonus points
name a canon camera that a shitty sensor design was fixed through firmware.
>>
>>3140524
>dont go to american big cities
Well, everybody who isn't a brainwashed communist already knows the cities that are slums for Africans are the most dangerous in the world.

It doesn't matter if it's inside USA, or in Brazil, or in Africa, the cities they infest always becomes murder capitals of the planet.
Baltimore, St. Lois, Detroit, ect.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.