[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is m43 the biggest meme of all? >more expensive than APSC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0820.jpg (57KB, 666x651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0820.jpg
57KB, 666x651px
Is m43 the biggest meme of all?

>more expensive than APSC
>no dof
>worse battery life than APSC mirrorless
>bad lenses
>bad image quality
>bad in low light
>lower resolution

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2011:09:28 13:31:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4382
Image Height4288
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID68edca9a9ef64f47cbba9e336474e124
>>
Have we had 100 versions of this thread already?
>>
>>3132009
Actually X-Tranny is the worst meme. Provides nothing other than shitty editor support.
>>
>>3132022
use iridient, goy.
>>
>>3132026
>Mac OS
sounds about right for the X-Tranny users. Also
>shitty editor support
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (59KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
59KB, 492x449px
M43 is literally redd it the camera and only millenials who want to pay more for less advocate for them.

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Width492
Image Height449
>>
M43 is the disposable camera of the digital era
>>
>>3132009
>worse battery life than APSC mirrorless
what is Sony, numbnuts, and quit making this goddamn thread over and over again, you obsessed faggot
>>
>>3132009
>>3132043
>>3132039
Tell me more. I'm a noob, and plan on going with m43 as my first proper camera. Is it really shit?
>>
I like m42 actually, it's not my favorite mount, but it's alright.
>>
>>3132080
we noobs gotta look out for eachother.

if you can get a secondhand decent m43's you can do it. They're quite portable and comfy.

If you're a cheap bastard like me you can also buy these converted CCTV lenses for really cheap that look ok, but they're so tiny they can only sit in front of m43 sensors or else there's ridiculous vignetting.

search youtube for 'cctv lens on m43'
>>
File: DoF-sketch.jpg (226KB, 2048x1332px) Image search: [Google]
DoF-sketch.jpg
226KB, 2048x1332px
>>3132009
>>no dof

Actually because of the small sensor it has a bigger depth of field than APS-C and full frame.

That is a good thing unless you are an amateur who likes to use "bokeh" as a gimmick instead of composing your photographs properly.

>bad lenses
>bad image quality
>bad in low light

Not true.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.8 (Macintosh)
PhotographerElizabeth Gray
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:12:15 20:22:44
>>
>>3132080
protip: go read up reviews and see sample photos on photography sites instead of letting memes dictate how you spend your money
>>
>>3132106
>isolating your subject from visually distracting background details is a gimmick

I would argue the DoF increase is really only a boon for macro and landscape, but for those applications the higher, cleaner detail of larger sensors often outweighs the compromise of the smaller apertures they require.

I use 2/3", APS-C, and FF. They all have their own advantages and applications, it's all about knowing when to best use them.
>>
>>3132039
Did you forget all the formats kodak tried to fuck use over with... What is disk film for 1000 alex!
>>
>>3132103
I got a cctv lens on a sony a6000 with no hard vignetting. Fun little lens.
>>
>>3132106
Eh, shallow depth of field is great for shooting people and isolating your subject from the background if it's busy or distracting. Using it can help you compose your shots properly,
>>
>>3132009
They're great walk around cameras and daily shooters cause they're small and light.
>>
>>3132216
>putting your subject in front of something visually distracting in the first place
>>
>>3132080
sony a6000 will shit on the latest m43 offerings, it just doesn't do 4k.
even nex 6 is better.

i suggest getting eos m5 or 6 though.
>>
>>3132029
> he doesn't know about the iridient x-tramsformer
>>
>>3132080
Sony pays a bunch of retards to shill on here

or I at least I hope sony does, otherwise these retards do it for free
>>
>>3132080
a troll thread is the wrong place to ask bruh
>>
>>3132106
It is also an advantage in street photography or reporterage photography

Also for macro and landscape you can take a high rest shot.

Doesn't the guy who has that youtube channel with his wife who goes on and on about how shit M43 is use M43 all the fucking time for landscap photography?
>>
>>3132548
>he uses his camera for video
I actually set my video record button to do peaking
>>
>>3132690
But M43 is not gonna make sharp pictures
>>
>>3132724
Sharpness is a faggot concept
>>
>>3132732
Then why don't you just use your iphone, you faggot ?
>>
>>3132787
Cause I don't want the pussy and anus of the girl I am taking photos of to be noisey grainy shit
>>
i have no complains with my meme43.
>>
>Buy a Canon
>It's heavy as shit and would break if you look at it funny

>Buy a M43
>Literally drop it off a cliff and into a drainage system and it comes out fine
>Light as a feather, would forget it was there

non-m43 is a meme
>>
>>3132809
same

i dont get what the point of these threads are
>>
>>3132680
>having to pay an extra $30 because your brand decided to use a proprietary CFA that has no tangible advantages over the standard that everyone else uses
What gets to me is that Fuji REFUSES to release the algorithms that would fix all these issues.
>>
>>3132819
Its a forced meme on /pee/ to shit on it.
>>
File: its_dead_jim.jpg (246KB, 1920x864px) Image search: [Google]
its_dead_jim.jpg
246KB, 1920x864px
>>3132009
>no dof
Shot on baby's first m43

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:05:04 23:00:20
Image Width1920
Image Height864
>>
>>3132913
omg so not sharp
>>
>>3132811
True.
DSLR's break so easily:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCT-YMgjm9k
>>
>>3133708
>>3133841
seek professional help
>>
>>3132513
>being so boring you only shoot subjects you can control

Clearly you've never shot wildlife or nature
>>
File: 1930s anime girl.png (56KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
1930s anime girl.png
56KB, 400x346px
>>3133841
>>3133708
>mfw someone actually spent time thinking up and typing this pasta
>>
>>3132080
No it's not. Even some professionals use them for birds and animals because of the small form factor (especially the lenses). There are many lenses available. Low light performance is a bit better on bigger sensors of course, but the difference between apsc and m43 isn't that big. Some tricks like top tier stabilization make the difference even smaller.
>>
They have the controls of a Sony but without the sensor to make up for it. The looks of a Fuji (after an acid attack). The noise of a Canon without the AF performance or nipple controller. The sensor of a point and shoot with none of its compactness.

Panasonic made some neat stuff in the format, but Olympus cameras are at heart $99 Wal-Mart-Special point and shits that you can screw big lenses onto like a big ol pruffeshuna cameral. Crams silly gimmicks in every new camera that bloats the already confusing menu, but never adds the really important features. Just trash every year.

If you're satisfied with these, you're probably part of the "point at a flower, half press, full press when you hear the beep" crowd, whether you'll admit it or not.
>>
File: 18951258.jpg (27KB, 480x632px) Image search: [Google]
18951258.jpg
27KB, 480x632px
>>3132690
>It is also an advantage in street photography or reporterage photography
The AF is too unreliable in the kind of light interesting things happen in, and without even a focusing scale you have no way to take even a sort-of-in-focus picture in bad light. The few lenses with scales in the mount have fairly useless ones. Who cares about a little extra DoF when your lens racks back and forth trying to lock onto something while the moment plays out and ends?
Quickly changing exposure variables for changing light is also nearly impossible.
Might be enough for cosplayers and flowers, but not fast enough to put bread on the table. Don't lie to yourself.

>>3133966
>Even some professionals use them for birds and animals
>birds and animals
>professionals
kek

>There are many lenses available
>only one 28mm equiv
>controls inconsistent from lens to lens

>>3132080
>Is it really shit?
Yes, very. Other than the GM5 and LX100 which are decent, literally any other camera is recommended.
>>
File: 1502023855512.jpg (47KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
1502023855512.jpg
47KB, 580x386px
>>3133980
>They have the controls of a Sony but without the sensor to make up for it.
>bloated menu
youve obviously never handled a Panasonic ilc, i knew what was going on within 10 minutes. but to be fair, i have handled an olympus
>the sensor of a point and shoot and none of its compactness
fact: m43 is closer in size to apsc than most compact sensors. and while bodies are only marginally smaller, lens size are where the difference can be felt. i even have no trouble lugging my slr-styled g85 around as edc, which is quite a bit smaller than other crop sensor dslrs ive come across tho on the big side as far as milc goes
>>
>>3134050
>but to be fair, i have not handled an olympus
fix'd
>>
>>3134050
why would you purposely want a small sensor than just getting a larger sensor with a zoom lens.
>>
>>3134066
because their is more to a camera than just its sensor, and in my particular case, i do a lot of video too and a g85 is pretty much a babby gh5, only missing a few key features like 10 bit 4k (which isn't really a concern as 8 bit is fine for me right now)

also Dual IS on Panasonic and Olympus IBIS can help compensate for the smaller sensor in low-light, especially since it's not far off from apsc already (btw, as often /p/ brings up about low-light photography capability as a criticism against a number of things, you'd think everyone shoots late in the evening or at night in unlit places)
>>
>>3134050
the olympus menu is pretty autistic but you can basically adjust everything.
this page shows all the options for the M1 mk 2
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/m43/em1.2-sett.html
>>
>>3134050
Olympus menus are pretty ridiculous in part because of the customization options, but also due to all the little features which you may or may not use.

The OMD are very nicely designed in terms of ergonomics, but maybe if you have very large hands they might be a bit small.
>>
>>3134050
>youve obviously never handled a Panasonic ilc, i knew what was going on within 10 minutes. but to be fair, i have handled an olympus
Read everything.
>>
File: P8050023edit - Copy.jpg (3MB, 2000x1496px) Image search: [Google]
P8050023edit - Copy.jpg
3MB, 2000x1496px
>no DOF.
>>
>>3135572
Well there's not much dof in that pic at all.
>>
>>3133981
I don't use mft, but in street/pj photography I use deep DoF and zone focus. AF performance is irrelevant, even a split second spent thinking about where to put your AF point(s) and letting the AF do its thing, not matter how fast it is, takes up way too much time in the time scale of street/pj photography.
>>
>>3135572
yep, that picture has no DoF

Also, even my my tiny compact sensor camera gets razor thin DoF at macro distances. Everyone knows this, you're not impressing anyone.
>>
>>3135627
>>3135636
literally blind
>>
>>3135638
they are joking on you because no dof means 'no depth of field' which is exactly what your pic tries to provide. besides, shallow depth of field is easy at the minimum focus distance, but you dont want to rely on that if you are bokeh whoring.
>>
>>3133980
girls love olympus.
>>
>>3135638
Do you even understand what dof mean memeing faggot?
>>
What does the OP mean by no dof then? Clearly they can take shallow dof pics and not even the OP is retarded enough to claim they can't take pictures with a deep dof. So wtf does he mean?
>>
>>3135635
>street/pj photography
>street

Street is the worse branch of photography. No skill whatsoever is required. You don't have to learn lighting and all. Everything that has been done in street has already been done. Show me your photo of puddle and it looks shit compared to the ones taken more than 50 years ago.

It's funny that m43 users say they are for street when it it can't even be used for family photos because its too big.
>>
>>3135863
>So wtf does he mean?
it means he wants to make shitty bait threads ad nauseum

>>3135887
>they are for street when it it can't even be used for family photos because its too big.
case in point: a statement so stupid it's baffling
>>
>>That 5 axis in body image stabilization though.

Its vastly better than any lens based stabilization I have ever used and work on any lens.
>>
>>3136039
It's good for short to medium focal length but it's not so great for telephoto. With a zoom that extends to 300 mm the efficiency is nowhere near the advertised 4+ stops, especially on Panasonic (but then, it's kind of unfair to compare cheap-ish amateur cameras to pro Canikon telephotos with IS)
>>
I'm swapping my Leica M9 for a PEN F for several reasons:
1) size, shape and weight.
2) Autofocus prevents me missing shots. In the street I often don't have time to be focussing and my country is often too dark to zone focus adequately.
3) Price. I don't like having £2.5k around my neck. I'd make an awful gangster rapper...
4) ISO performance. I do a fair amount of night shooting. The PEN F has great high ISO pictures and the best IS.
I also need a 50 equivalent so the x100f is out of the question.
>>
>>3136174

I woulda gone a7rii.

Not all that much bigger, and it will autofocus all your Leica glass.

Plus its low light performance is fucking amazing.
>>
>>3136264
superior specs aside for a moment, but good god that Sony is hideous
>>
>>3136299
Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
>>3136303
its okay, you can admit that it looks ugly even if it takes good photos you know.
>>
File: i-wBHJkcm-XL.jpg (100KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
i-wBHJkcm-XL.jpg
100KB, 1024x683px
>>3136310
But it doesn't you mongrel. Who the fuck stare directly at the front of a camera, without lens and sensor exposed?

If you don't think this looks ergonomic as fuck then you have shit taste, end of story.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2.1 (Macintosh)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Horizontal Resolution1 dp
Vertical Resolution1 dp
Image Created2015:11:11 18:36:44
Exposure Time1/125 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/6.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length56.00 mm
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessSoft
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3136314
>sony
>ergonomic

lmao
>>
>>3136264
>and it will autofocus all your Leica glass.
Guess who doesn't "get it?"
>>
>>3136264
In reality a7*ii series camera with a lens is much larger and heavier, with shittier controls and slower af. He also wanted a cheaper camera, a7rii with a lens is that can resolve even half of those pixels is going to cost way over $2.5k. And you'd have to deal with 42 megapickel files.

I do wish they'd make a 24mpx sensor with the same technology as the 42 and then give it to nikon who seem to always make a better use out of those sony chips. And then hope that nikon would come up with a cam worth buying.
>>
>>3136314
>confuses "ergonomic look" to aesthetics
>thinks that looking ergonomic is actually ergonomic in practice

Off yourself mate.
>>
>>3136328

I'm creasing up at all the rustled jimmies in this thread.

I don't give a shit if m4/3 isn't as good as the alternatives. My first camera is a GH4 which i saved loads of money on and got on ebay along with a great set of lenses.

Tl;dr I'm super happy with my m4/3 camera and madcunt fanboys are hilarious
>>
>>3136373
>ignorant north korean happy with his 650 grams of rice and beansprouts because he's never known better
>>
>>3136379
the rustling continues!
>>
>>3136314
>make -another- m43 bait thread to cope with utter lack of confidence in your photos
>get this mad when someone says a Sony is ugly

brilliant work
>>
>>3135635
>I don't use mft, but in street/pj photography I use deep DoF and zone focus. AF performance is irrelevant, even a split second spent thinking about where to put your AF
If you could read, you'd have seen that I said there is no decent way to manually focus, and users have no choice but to rely on the crummy AF, hence the complaint.
>>
I love micro four thirds. The sensor is 68% of Canon APSC and the form factor is nice.
I regularly see Olympus users around my city whereas I only see DSLR or Sony users during events and festivals.
Micro four thirds is just more easy going.
>>
>>3136889
put a stacked bsi m43 in a rx100 body.
>>
>>3136889
You must live in a city full of hipster faggots lol
>>
>>3136898
girls love the olympus.
>>
>>3136898
Yea I suppose I do. Lots of craft beer bars and pretentious cafés.
I see more film photographers than Sony mirrorless. All the Sony boys are too busy on the Internet justifying their purchases.
>>
>>3136943

Sony is huge here in Japan.

You see enture groups of people and photoclubs using an a7 varient.

I don't think I saw a single Sony besides the random a6000 in the states.

I have only seen two fellow film users. One shooting gion festival with an old rangefinder, and another getting her Nikon sent for repairs at Yodobashi Camera.

Tons of people dropping off/picking up film when I go to get mine developed.
>>
File: iu-4.jpg (19KB, 545x365px) Image search: [Google]
iu-4.jpg
19KB, 545x365px
>buying m43
Sort yourself out
>>
>>3132009
Yes it is and now shut up about it, ffs there have been hundreds of these shit threads. Leave the mongoloids alone with their half postage stamp sized sensor

Saged
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.